The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
July 11, 2020, 10:02:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 11, 2020, 10:02:41 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Oh My Goddess. Does That Exist?  (Read 41016 times)
HeartShadow - Cutethulhu
Assistant Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:April 15, 2013, 06:53:07 pm
United States United States

Religion: FlameKeeper
TCN ID: GenevieveWood

I am the Pirate Teddybear!

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #15: December 05, 2007, 09:05:27 pm »

Ok, now I'm just sat here kind of star-struck. You're a really amazing writer.

*squees and blushes*  y'know, there's an entire year and a bit of a story there too .... Wink

(and a couple other shorts, in case you get bored)

FlameKeeping website: http://www.flamekeeping.org

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Melamphoros
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:March 28, 2015, 11:01:26 pm

Religion: Informed Eclectic with Hellenic Overtones
TCN ID: Melamphoros

Kiss My Scythe

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #16: December 05, 2007, 09:13:35 pm »

Gods I love talking to writers! Cheesy  we're all so messed in the head .......

My thoughts exactly

and as far as the squirrels .. you'll have to read the book!

(Crap, that means I need to finish the book ... of the .. three .. that I'm writing .. ACK!)

I fell your pain.  I'm also writing three books and I want at least one of them to be done before January.  More than likely this will be the one that only needs about 10K words or so.

Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you will make a great sandwich.
My Spiritual Blog
RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:June 23, 2020, 07:47:48 am

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #17: December 05, 2007, 10:49:27 pm »

Parts of me wants to believe -- it would make life seem less boring.  But I'm a fantasy writer so my opinion could be a little screwed Tongue

I've designed a number of fantasy world for RPGs I used to run. I've come up with lots of strange creatures, most of which I'm very happy that they do not exist.

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host
Redhound666
Journeyman
Last Login:November 29, 2008, 04:18:07 pm

Religion: Tell You When I Have Found It ;)

The Master of the Elements Lives Forever

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #18: December 06, 2007, 07:19:37 pm »

*Wyrm
*Gremlin
*Evil monster, with funny side-ways mouth. Looked like someone else, but then tried to eat me.

I have never head of these before. What are they? (Eat you? I hope you where ok?)

*Little Pressures. Astral "pressures" to do bad things. (I'm so crazy, when I astral travel I can see the crazy.)
*Anthromorphics
    *People that have animal characteristics. (Wings, tails...)
    *Dragons in a human form.
*Scary Cat Gargoyles

Pressures? Can you remove them? Why do they make you crazy?

Anthromorphics. Such as other people astral projecting and changing their form? Or are they just spirits?  I didn't know that Dragons could shape shift. Did they speak telepathically or out loud?  What are cat gargoyles?

Please help my dragons grow!
Redhound666
Journeyman

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #19: December 06, 2007, 07:23:40 pm »

Brownies? Sure! Werewolves...well not in this realm, unless you are talking about the Otherkin variety, who do NOT physically change under the light of a full moon. Wink

Vampires: yes, if you mean people with an energy deficiency who require an intake of energy or blood to remain healthy. If you're talking about 5000 year old creatures of the night with super powers, then no.

Otherkin? What is that?

As for the vampires, I knew that they don't live long. Only about 500-800 yrs old (only because of reincarnation. They remember their past lives.). You don't want to be around them when they are angry...  Wink

Dania
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 17, 2008, 08:11:47 pm

Religion: Gwyddon Seeker

Queen of Hare-Brained Schemes

Blog entries (4)

Ignore
« Reply #20: December 06, 2007, 07:33:28 pm »

Otherkin? What is that?

The short answer (the long answer is REALLY long) is that Otherkin are people who feel that they are, for some reason, not entirely human. Usually spiritually...very few claim to be *physically* anything other than human...and those who do are usually regarded as deluded, roleplayers, or trolls.

As for the vampires, I knew that they don't live long. Only about 500-800 yrs old (only because of reincarnation. They remember their past lives.). You don't want to be around them when they are angry...  Wink

If you're bringing past lives into the equation, they can live for as long as anyone else. (I tend to view all my lifetimes as one giant lifetime at this point...so I don't see each "life" as a separate lifetime). If you're talking about one lifetime, usually they live about as long as any of us, IMO.

Nope...don't wanna be around them when they're angry. Tongue But then, that goes for a lot of people not just vampires. Grin

Redhound666
Journeyman

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #21: December 06, 2007, 07:39:26 pm »

The short answer (the long answer is REALLY long) is that Otherkin are people who feel that they are, for some reason, not entirely human. Usually spiritually...very few claim to be *physically* anything other than human...and those who do are usually regarded as deluded, roleplayers, or trolls.

If you're bringing past lives into the equation, they can live for as long as anyone else. (I tend to view all my lifetimes as one giant lifetime at this point...so I don't see each "life" as a separate lifetime). If you're talking about one lifetime, usually they live about as long as any of us, IMO.

Nope...don't wanna be around them when they're angry. Tongue But then, that goes for a lot of people not just vampires. Grin

Do yo remember your past lives?

Dania
High Adept Member

Blog entries (4)

Ignore
« Reply #22: December 06, 2007, 07:52:44 pm »

Do yo remember your past lives?

I remember a good many of them, yes. Mostly bits and pieces...there are only a few lifetimes that I remember any significant amount of (two or three). I do have a large number of "snippets" though. (mostly, various ways in which I've died LOL)

AIONIA
Adept Member
Last Login:May 11, 2011, 02:35:41 pm

Religion: Existence

Blog entries (4)

Ignore
« Reply #23: December 07, 2007, 09:42:29 am »

I have never head of these before. What are they? (Eat you? I hope you where ok?)

A wyrm is what I call the paticular type of "dragon" I've dealt with. He doesn't look like your fantasy style dragon. More like a gnarly, black, snake with short legs, so to keep people from going "Does he fly and take you on magical adventures?" I call him a wyrm. And no. He does not, he is mean and nasty and if we were on the same plane he'd make a meal out of me.

The gremilin I incountered was almost waste high and rather grumpy.

The monster I have no idea on. Since he changed form I thought he might've been a skinwalker of sorts, but people have told me it was everything from a guardian of another plane, to just your run of the mill grump.

Pressures? Can you remove them? Why do they make you crazy?

I'm not even sure what they are, but when I'm in the astral and feeling weak I can feel them like someone's throwing softballs at me. I don't know if they're thoughts or impressions of other people or my ow issues. It does however seem likely as with my low energy, I've been known to fall down just because some one expected me to fall. I don't have enough strength to fight off their impression, so now when ever I can feel like I'm going to fall I have to assure them I can in fact use my feet...

Anthromorphics. Such as other people astral projecting and changing their form? Or are they just spirits?  I didn't know that Dragons could shape shift. Did they speak telepathically or out loud?  What are cat gargoyles?

Usually they are humans astral traveling, but I've met a few astral people who have wings.

The dragon that I met in human form was actually the wyrm, and since I'm deaf in the astral everything either speaks to my telepathically or has to play charades until I figure out what the hell they're trying to tell me.

The gargoyle was actually an impression I got in my home, of a rather sinister tabby that looked to be made out of stone, with red wings. I don't know if there are more or not. I may have even imagined that one, but it was a very strong impression.
Mithril
Adept Member
Last Login:October 08, 2011, 09:24:55 pm
France France

Religion: Witch
TCN ID: Mithril

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #24: December 07, 2007, 06:04:07 pm »

I'm not even sure what they are, but when I'm in the astral and feeling weak I can feel them like someone's throwing softballs at me. I don't know if they're thoughts or impressions of other people or my ow issues. It does however seem likely as with my low energy, I've been known to fall down just because some one expected me to fall. I don't have enough strength to fight off their impression, so now when ever I can feel like I'm going to fall I have to assure them I can in fact use my feet...

Off topic, but how do you get to the astral? I think I've asked this before, but what is the difference between that and a day dream?

And if people can go to the astral? can the astral creatures visit here? And if they do, wouldn't that technically make them 'real', if only for a moment?

On whether magical creatures exist physically HERE, though, all I know is that some people have created unicorns from goats in horses. They're not naturally created (like they're not born that way), but I guess you could call them magical creatures, depending on your definition of magic.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2007, 06:06:44 pm by Mithril » Logged

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence."

"Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!"
~Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore
AIONIA
Adept Member
Last Login:May 11, 2011, 02:35:41 pm

Religion: Existence

Blog entries (4)

Ignore
« Reply #25: December 08, 2007, 12:20:23 pm »

Off topic, but how do you get to the astral? I think I've asked this before, but what is the difference between that and a day dream?

The astral realms are a complicated subject; there are a lot of various theories and ideas, about getting there and if what is there is really made up or not. I personally feel that the astral energies are around us all the time, but since we rely on our physical senses so much we are unable to sense them unless they are incredibly strong or we relax and open ourselves up to them.

I think when we “astral travel” we are really taking our energy, or spirit, and traveling with only that. In this way, since we rely more on our own energy, we can “see” and “hear” the energies. Also in the astral we have the power to transform our own energy into things we wish, be they small things like flowers or even castles or forests; the strength of these all depending on your own energy.

The main difference I find between daydreams and astral, is that in the astral often things happen that I don’t like. And when I astral, I “go” somewhere, where as daydreams take place in my own mind, like actors on a stage. Also daydreams will some times repeat themselves, astral travels will not redo themselves, and it can upset astral inhabitants when you try to.

If you want to try and astral you need to find a good resource, which I unfortunately am not.

And if people can go to the astral? can the astral creatures visit here? And if they do, wouldn't that technically make them 'real', if only for a moment?

I believe they are real, otherwise I wouldn't be typing this. I have had upg where I was visited in by astral creatures in this realm and could sense. However, I don't believe they can take a physical manifestation except in extreme circumstances.
Mithril
Adept Member
France France

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #26: December 08, 2007, 01:09:19 pm »

The main difference I find between daydreams and astral, is that in the astral often things happen that I don’t like. And when I astral, I “go” somewhere, where as daydreams take place in my own mind, like actors on a stage. Also daydreams will some times repeat themselves, astral travels will not redo themselves, and it can upset astral inhabitants when you try to.

This sounds a lot like lucid dreaming. Is that just another word for it, or something completely different?

Dania
High Adept Member

Blog entries (4)

Ignore
« Reply #27: December 08, 2007, 04:34:04 pm »

This sounds a lot like lucid dreaming. Is that just another word for it, or something completely different?

Lucid dreaming usually refers to dreams that happen at night, when you're asleep. And it's not necessarily astral projection, it can be regular dreams, in your own mind, over which you have conscious control.

Valley Boy
Apprentice
Last Login:January 01, 2008, 12:41:30 pm

Religion: All

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #28: December 08, 2007, 07:29:04 pm »

The astral realms are a complicated subject; there are a lot of various theories and ideas, about getting there and if what is there is really made up or not. I personally feel that the astral energies are around us all the time, but since we rely on our physical senses so much we are unable to sense them unless they are incredibly strong or we relax and open ourselves up to them.

I am reading a two-book volume “The Second Coming of Christ, the Resurrection of the Christ Within You” by Paramahansa Yogananda.  This is not the second coming that Christians believe, but something else.  I am not sure what since I am at page 20 of the first book and there are 1642 pages total.  He appears to be interpreting the Bible with respect to Indian beliefs and so far doing a good job of it.  Anyway, on page 20 the word ‘astral’ comes up.  "Man is blinded by the relativities of life.  Without the aid of physical light he sees darkness. But beyond the darkness is another light that pervades the world. Hidden behind the ether of space is the tremendous light of the astral world, providing the life and energy that sustains the whole universe.  The auroral rays of the astral lifetrons are a spiritual ectoplasm around the entire cosmos.  Out of the astral light, God is creating planets and universes.  I am in that light all the time; I see everything aglow with that heavenly essence—all physical manifestation emanates from that astral light, and that light emanates from the creative manifestation of God as Light… Man is so drunk with delusion, it obliterates his true perception so that the darkness of his ignorance cannot apprehend the light of God vibrating everywhere… In meditation this darkness of sensory dependence goes away and intuition prevails, revealing oneself as light in the magnitude of a whole universe of light."
Mithril
Adept Member
France France

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #29: December 08, 2007, 11:25:14 pm »

Lucid dreaming usually refers to dreams that happen at night, when you're asleep. And it's not necessarily astral projection, it can be regular dreams, in your own mind, over which you have conscious control.

But how do you know your body's not sleeping while your in the astral? I'm completely confused.

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)