The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
January 20, 2021, 05:59:48 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 20, 2021, 05:59:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: NEED AN ADMIN!  (Read 2962 times)
BlueMystic
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:December 26, 2007, 04:11:25 am
United States United States

Religion: Chaos Mystic

I live a Cat's Life!!! MEOW!

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: December 21, 2007, 02:35:06 am »

Hey guys...FINALLY remembered the email addy I used a LONG TIME AGO to get back on the site. For fear I wasn't able to remember it I quickly created a new account, "EvanAero."

Hopefully you understand I didn't mean to create dual accounts on purpose really...I know on a lot of message boards that's not allowed.

So err...can u delete my other account? I can click on a link or email or something to prove I am that person also.

I really really miss you guys Sad

http://www.aeroeco.net
A great free community. Brand new looking for new members! Come visit us when you have a chance Wink

http://www.myspace.com/bluewaves25
My myspace, be sure to add as a friend if you like! Wink

http://www.witchvox.com/lx/dt_lx.html?a=usga&id=32948
Our Witchvox

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Star
Message Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 12, 2013, 08:36:08 am

Religion: Hellenic Reconstructionist
TCN ID: star

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #1: December 21, 2007, 07:08:45 am »

Hopefully you understand I didn't mean to create dual accounts on purpose really...I know on a lot of message boards that's not allowed.

Technically, it's not allowed here either, but if I'm understanding correctly you only created it because you couldn't get into your original account (because you'd forgotten your info), right?  I don't think that's a problem.  Multiple accounts are a problem when they're used to get around a gag or ban (neither of which you've had as far as I can see/remember), or when they're used to decieve the staff and/or other posters (which also doesn't seem to be the case here).  So I think you're probably OK with the rules.

As far as deleting accounts, we don't generally do that, but as long as you're not using it, it shouldn't be a problem.

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Main Blog:  Star's Journal of Random Thoughts
Religious Blog:  The Song and the Flame
I can also now be found on Goodreads.
Athystle
Journeyman
Last Login:June 26, 2011, 06:05:23 pm

Religion: pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #2: December 21, 2007, 07:31:42 am »

Technically, it's not allowed here either, but if I'm understanding correctly you only created it because you couldn't get into your original account (because you'd forgotten your info), right?  I don't think that's a problem.  Multiple accounts are a problem when they're used to get around a gag or ban (neither of which you've had as far as I can see/remember), or when they're used to decieve the staff and/or other posters (which also doesn't seem to be the case here).  So I think you're probably OK with the rules.

As far as deleting accounts, we don't generally do that, but as long as you're not using it, it shouldn't be a problem.
Is there a way to get you're info to get into your acct if you dont have it? One time I hit the log out button which Inever do before leaving the site and it was days before I could get back in. I finally looked through any and all info I had and found that I have to log in under a different name and that was the problem. If I wouldn't have figured that out I would have had to either not come back( This is hte only place I go and would have felt lost) or had to create another acct in order to get in and explain my problem which breaks rules. I really tried to click on anything that I thought might get me to where I could at least ask someone what to do and couldn't. There seems tobe no way to find an answer to something like that without getting in and if you can't get in your sunk.I have no idea what I did to end up with two names but i do recognize the other one so I had to have done something. Very computer illerate but learning.
Star
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #3: December 21, 2007, 07:46:35 am »

Is there a way to get you're info to get into your acct if you dont have it?

That's a good question.  Let me do a little research and see what I can find.

My first inclination would be to say that if you can contact a staff member, we can try to help.  I'm not sure if people who are viewing the forum as "guest" (i.e. not logged in) can send an e-mail through the board or not; I'll check on that.  If worst comes to worst, sending a message through ecauldron.com's "report problems" form will get the message to Randall.  (Though right now, with the situation with Lyric's cancer surgery, that's probably not going to exactly be the fastest way to contact a staff member.)

Also, if nothing else...  Like I said, we don't like second accounts, but if you're not using it to be deceptive or get around a gag/ban and it's genuinely a case of "I've completely forgotten my login info, help", we'll probably understand.

Anyway, let me do a little poking around and I'll get back to you in a few minutes with a little more.

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Star
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #4: December 21, 2007, 08:05:49 am »

Anyway, let me do a little poking around and I'll get back to you in a few minutes with a little more.

OK, here's what I've found.  Guests can't send messages through the board (which doesn't really surprise me, but I wanted to check), so that option's out.  I'd say that there are three major options, then.  In order of preference:

1.  If you click on a link to log in rather than just using the boxes that are already on the front page, you'll go to a login screen that has a "forgot your password?" link.  If you click that, you can have a new password sent to you by entering the e-mail you used to sign up.  I don't know for certain that it will also send you your username, but I would imagine it would.  (If you've forgotten your e-mail, you can also enter your username, and then see which address the password e-mail shows up at, I suppose.)

2.  Contact a staff member outside the board, either by e-mail if you have someone's address or by using the eCauldron.com problem report form to contact Randall.  (Though, again, that second one is probably not going to be effective right now because of the hosts' decreased presence due to Lyric's surgery.)

3.  If all else fails...  Create a second account.  Like I said, if it's just a case of having forgotten your login info and needing help getting it back, chances are good that it won't be a problem.  My advice would be not to use the account to post on the board about the problem, but rather to use it to send a PM or e-mail through the board to a staff member asking for help.  (If you're not certain that the staff member you're contacting is OK with PMs, err on the side of caution and send an e-mail.  More of us absolutely loathe PMs than prefer them, I think.)  Using the second account for direct contact rather than posting helps show us that you really only created it out of emergency need to get help getting back into your primary account and don't intend to use the second one "for real".

If you're contacting a staff member, also, please be patient.  Remember we're not all on all the time, and may need to do some research on the problem even if we do get your message right away, so it might take us a bit to get back to you.  Smiley

Make sense?

-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Star
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #5: December 21, 2007, 08:07:53 am »

1.  If you click on a link to log in rather than just using the boxes that are already on the front page, you'll go to a login screen that has a "forgot your password?" link.  If you click that, you can have a new password sent to you by entering the e-mail you used to sign up.  I don't know for certain that it will also send you your username, but I would imagine it would.  (If you've forgotten your e-mail, you can also enter your username, and then see which address the password e-mail shows up at, I suppose.)

One final note, sorry.  If you take this option, be warned that the software will reset your password.  So when the e-mail comes, be sure to check it for the password as well as username, because your old password won't work anymore.  (You should be able to change it back to your old one through "Account Related Settings" in your profile once you're logged in, though.)

-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Athystle
Journeyman
Last Login:June 26, 2011, 06:05:23 pm

Religion: pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #6: December 21, 2007, 08:42:01 am »

OK, here's what I've found.  Guests can't send messages through the board (which doesn't really surprise me, but I wanted to check), so that option's out.  I'd say that there are three major options, then.  In order of preference:

2.  Contact a staff member outside the board, either by e-mail if you have someone's address or by using the eCauldron.com problem report form to contact Randall.  (Though, again, that second one is probably not going to be effective right now because of the hosts' decreased presence due to Lyric's surgery.)

3.  If all else fails...  Create a second account.  Like I said, if it's just a case of having forgotten your login info and needing help getting it back, chances are good that it won't be a problem.  My advice would be not to use the account to post on the board about the problem, but rather to use it to send a PM or e-mail through the board to a staff member asking for help.  (If you're not certain that the staff member you're contacting is OK with PMs, err on the side of caution and send an e-mail.  More of us absolutely loathe PMs than prefer them, I think.)  Using the second account for direct contact rather than posting helps show us that you really only created it out of emergency need to get help getting back into your primary account and don't intend to use the second one "for real".

If you're contacting a staff member, also, please be patient.  Remember we're not all on all the time, and may need to do some research on the problem even if we do get your message right away, so it might take us a bit to get back to you.  Smiley

Make sense?
Okay, thanks for all that info. I did think I tried to do something with the problem report thing and couldn't but in all reality I was likely the problem since I have so much trouble with anything computer anyhow. Thanks so much.
Star
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #7: December 21, 2007, 09:07:27 am »

Okay, thanks for all that info. I did think I tried to do something with the problem report thing and couldn't but in all reality I was likely the problem since I have so much trouble with anything computer anyhow. Thanks so much.

No problem.  If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)