The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
January 20, 2022, 06:19:30 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 20, 2022, 06:19:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Cill Healing Work  (Read 37747 times)
Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 29, 2013, 09:32:22 pm
United States United States

Religion: Feral Brighideach
TCN ID: Aster Breo

Blog entries (0)

« Topic Start: March 24, 2007, 01:05:56 pm »

Welcome to the Cill's healing thread.

Some time ago, Cill members began discussion the idea of working together on healing requests.  This seems particularly appropriate, given Brighid's association with healing.

Guen is working on a system for tracking and working with healing requests and will post instructions soon, so we can all work from the same list of requests and keep it updated.

Please note:  healing work is entirely opt-in.  If a Cill member does not want to participate, that is completely fine.

Please use this thread to discuss the Cill's healing work.

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place."  ~ George Bernard Shaw

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Celtee
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:May 02, 2013, 06:50:08 pm

Religion: Wandering Seeker with Celtic and Hedgewitch leanings
TCN ID: SilverWolf

The lone wolf waits...

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #1: March 25, 2007, 01:43:28 am »

Welcome to the Cill's healing thread.

Some time ago, Cill members began discussion the idea of working together on healing requests.  This seems particularly appropriate, given Brighid's association with healing.

Please use this thread to discuss the Cill's healing work.

Lesse if I can phrase my question/s in a way that makes sense here....

Are the healing requests limited to only us members on TC?  Or can we bring friends, neighbours, Great Aunt Sally, Whomever, etc, to the board for healing energies like we do out on the main board?

"It's only forever
Not long at all"
~~Jareth

"Time may change me
But I can't trace time
I said that time may change me
But I can't trace time"
Changes
~~ David Bowie

"Why do you have to be a nonconformist like everybody else?"
~~James Thurber
Guenthecat
Journeyman
Last Login:August 30, 2010, 11:27:22 am

Religion: Folk Pagan??

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #2: March 25, 2007, 11:28:59 am »

Lesse if I can phrase my question/s in a way that makes sense here....

Are the healing requests limited to only us members on TC?  Or can we bring friends, neighbours, Great Aunt Sally, Whomever, etc, to the board for healing energies like we do out on the main board?

Short answer: Yes, you can ask for healing for anyone, even non TC members.

I'm working on the instructions right now.  I'll send my 1st draft over to Moon Ivy and Juni when I'm finished and once we agree that it's easy to understand and impliment, then the instructions will be posted here. 

Guen  ~:)
Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #3: March 25, 2007, 01:42:43 pm »

Short answer: Yes, you can ask for healing for anyone, even non TC members.

I agree with Guen.  Like the main healing request thread, anyone can ask for healing energy and/or prayers.  We will continue to use TC's main healing request thread for requests.

This Cill thread is a way for Cill members (the ones who want to) to work together on those requests (and any others we might know of) and to keep them organized.  This thread is not meant to be a special request line for only Cill members.  It's just meant to be a way for us to stay organized about actually *doing* the healing work.

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place."  ~ George Bernard Shaw
Guenthecat
Journeyman

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #4: March 25, 2007, 02:02:12 pm »

I figured I'd go ahead and publish this shift's Healing Request List here.  Please remember that it's still in it's working stages so far and the instructions haven't been finalized.

Published at:
http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pea4po9SDscT8LvPzx7laWw

This link may be different from the link I posted earlier on the regular Cill thread as I re-published it after I made some additions.

Celtee
Staff
High Adept Member

The lone wolf waits...

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #5: March 25, 2007, 02:41:40 pm »

Like the main healing request thread, anyone can ask for healing energy and/or prayers.  We will continue to use TC's main healing request thread for requests.

How long will we honor these requests?  One shift? One 6-week period?

"It's only forever
Not long at all"
~~Jareth

"Time may change me
But I can't trace time
But I can't trace time"
Changes
~~ David Bowie

~~James Thurber
Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #6: March 25, 2007, 03:01:54 pm »

How long will we honor these requests?  One shift? One 6-week period?

Guen is working on that now.  She's developing a proposal for how we'll do it, and will post easy instructions for using and updating and maintaining the spreadsheet.

Let's give her a couple of days to work it out, and see what she comes up with.

Sound OK?

Celtee
Staff
High Adept Member

The lone wolf waits...

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #7: March 25, 2007, 03:21:16 pm »

Guen is working on that now.  She's developing a proposal for how we'll do it, and will post easy instructions for using and updating and maintaining the spreadsheet.

Let's give her a couple of days to work it out, and see what she comes up with.

Sound OK?

Great, thanks!  Wink

"It's only forever
Not long at all"
~~Jareth

"Time may change me
But I can't trace time
But I can't trace time"
Changes
~~ David Bowie

~~James Thurber
Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #8: March 26, 2007, 12:50:43 am »

Guen has drafted guidelines for using a common set of healing requests for Cill healing work. Please see below, and post any comments or suggestions you have in this thread.

Thanks, Guen!

The Cauldron Cill:  Healing Request List Guidelines

The Cauldron Cill is composed of Cauldron members who all wish to honor Brighid and who have set aside time in their schedules to tend her flame.  For some Cill members, healing is a part of their spiritual path.  Since Brighid is often associated with healing, many Cill members have chosen to formally incorporate healing into their Cill work.

In order to keep this healing work from becoming too disorganized, and hence losing focus, the Cill has established a Healing Request List (HRL).  Following are instructions for anyone wishing to participate in Healing Requests for The Cauldron Cill:

1.  Participating in healing during your shift is completely optional and may be done at will.  Cill members are NOT required to participate in healing work.  The HRL is simply devised as a written common point of focus and a way for the Cill to better coordinate our healing work.

2.  Moon Ivy and Guenthecat will maintain the HRL on Google Spreadsheets. 

3.  Requests for the HRL will be taken from the Main Cauldron Prayer/Energy Request thread as well as from anyone who requests Cill members/HRL maintainers personally to add their needs to the list.

4.  You may submit your HRL requests by either posting them in the Main Cauldron Prayer/Energy Request thread, posting them to the Cill Healing Work thread, or PMing/e-mailing them to one of the HRL maintainers.  Requests are not limited to Cill or TC Members.  Requests may be for anyone who has need of the request.  At this time, requests are limited to those of the Healing nature as our patron Goddess/Saint Brighid is known for being associated with healing.

5.  A few days before the new shift rotation begins, a new HRL will be published for all Cill members to see.  Links to the HRL will be provided on the Cill Healing Work thread. 

6.  Any Cill member who is interested in working with healing energy during his/her shift can view/download the spreadsheet for use at any time during the rotation.  Individual methods of healing (prayer, energy work, candles, etc.) are strictly up to the individual Cill member.

7.  Each request will have a life of one shift rotation.  Requests needing attention over a long period of time must be renewed for each rotation.  It is the responsibility of the requestor to specify whether they need to be on the HRL for one rotation or for many and for how long.

8.  Requests may be added throughout a rotation, and the HRL maintainers will endeavor to keep the HRL up to date.  However, once the rotation has concluded, requests will not carry over to the following rotation's HRL unless specifically requested to do so.

Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #9: March 26, 2007, 12:53:37 am »

Just a reminder:  The Healing Request List (Google spreadsheet) for the current shift rotation is available at:

Chabas
Reserve Staff
Staff
Master Member
Last Login:August 15, 2014, 02:06:27 pm
Netherlands Netherlands

Religion: Kemetic

Blog entries (1)

« Reply #10: March 26, 2007, 11:11:52 am »

Just a reminder:  The Healing Request List (Google spreadsheet) for the current shift rotation is available at:

Guys, you might want to let people not in the Cill know you're doing this. I know, f'ex, that Star said her husband probably wouldn't be comfortable with prayers to deities other than the Christian God. I have no idea how he'd feel about being included in this (note: this really means I don't know, he might be fine with it!). If you give warning in the prayer and energy request, people can let you know if they're uncomfortable with it for any reason.

--Chabas
Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #11: March 26, 2007, 12:35:32 pm »

Guys, you might want to let people not in the Cill know you're doing this. I know, f'ex, that Star said her husband probably wouldn't be comfortable with prayers to deities other than the Christian God. I have no idea how he'd feel about being included in this (note: this really means I don't know, he might be fine with it!). If you give warning in the prayer and energy request, people can let you know if they're uncomfortable with it for any reason.

--Chabas

Hmmmm.  You have a point.  We had asked Randall about that, and his response was that putting a note in the other thread was unnecessary.

Randall, given Chabas's point, do you want to reconsider?

In the meantime, I've removed Star's husband from the Cill's list.  We can always put him back.

RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:October 30, 2020, 08:18:05 am

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #12: March 26, 2007, 02:20:10 pm »

Hmmmm.  You have a point.  We had asked Randall about that, and his response was that putting a note in the other thread was unnecessary.

Randall, given Chabas's point, do you want to reconsider?

Not really given what I said which was that if someone had asked for prayers in the Prayer and Energy folder, there was no need to ask their permission to pray for them here. Star's post specifically said her husband probably would not be comfortable with prayers to Pagan gods -- which y'all apparently missed, but that doesn't seem to negate my position.

I can add something to the info post on the folder saying that the Cauldron Cill usually adds people who ask for prayers to their prayer list if y'all want, but I definitely do not want a bunch of "You asked for prayers so is it okay of the Cauldron Cill adds you to their prayer list" posts.

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host
Guenthecat
Journeyman

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #13: March 26, 2007, 02:35:35 pm »

Not really given what I said which was that if someone had asked for prayers in the Prayer and Energy folder, there was no need to ask their permission to pray for them here. Star's post specifically said her husband probably would not be comfortable with prayers to Pagan gods -- which y'all apparently missed, but that doesn't seem to negate my position.

I can add something to the info post on the folder saying that the Cauldron Cill usually adds people who ask for prayers to their prayer list if y'all want, but I definitely do not want a bunch of "You asked for prayers so is it okay of the Cauldron Cill adds you to their prayer list" posts.

Yep, I totally missed that as I was skimming pretty quickly to get a test list up and I didn't even thing to go back and double check any.  I'll be sure to be more careful about that in the future.

Here's a question, do we have anyone in the cill who is honoring and healing on behalf of Brighid the Saint as opposed to the Goddess?  It probably won't make any difference to the list, but it's something I wondered about.

Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #14: March 26, 2007, 02:41:40 pm »

Yep, I totally missed that as I was skimming pretty quickly to get a test list up and I didn't even thing to go back and double check any.  I'll be sure to be more careful about that in the future.

Here's a question, do we have anyone in the cill who is honoring and healing on behalf of Brighid the Saint as opposed to the Goddess?  It probably won't make any difference to the list, but it's something I wondered about.

OK, so here's what I think we're saying:  Guen and I will be VERY careful when looking at the general prayer/energy thread to only add to the Cill's list those requests that specifically ask for *healing prayers*, as opposed to those that ask for general good thoughts or positive energy.  (I've already removed Star's husband from the Cill list, and I will double check now to make sure there is nobody else on the Cill list who shouldn't be there.)

If that's not right, let me know.

As for the Saint part, I'm not sure.  If you're curious, Guen, you could start a thread and ask.

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)