The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
October 21, 2020, 06:12:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2020, 06:12:42 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Pretty Darn Excited (long, once again)  (Read 5724 times)
MojoDiva
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:November 04, 2011, 10:00:19 am
Japan Japan

Religion: Pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #15: March 31, 2007, 10:46:56 pm »

I hope I haven't overstepped in my bluntness.  That's the pattern that has emerged to my perceptions in your posts; I may have the wrong end of the stick (inadequacies of text-only communication and all that).

Sunflower

Your bluntness is appreciated-- you did it kindly and not in a nasty way.

You are correct, I am operating under the assumption that once I find IT, that should be IT and I should feel perfectly content. The euphoria of a discovery wanes, the questions and second-guessing begin, and I start feeling like I'm getting it all wrong and then I get frustrated.

Definately, I have quite a lot of work to do.

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

MojoDiva
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:November 04, 2011, 10:00:19 am
Japan Japan

Religion: Pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #16: April 01, 2007, 09:47:09 pm »

I just need to say that being able to come here and admit I'm struggling actually helped me feel better. Didn't feel alone.

And then thanked HaShem for the many blessings he has bestowed on us the past few years.
gayars
Adept Member
Last Login:January 27, 2009, 02:40:16 pm
United States United States

Religion: Christian Witch

My baby :)

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #17: June 18, 2007, 10:34:46 pm »

Hehe, this is true. I've always believed that God understands our hearts and our intent and THAT is the most important thing. I've also believed that God comes to us in many forms (which was why I was surprised by my recent acknowledgement that I could see the dieties as individuals-- the truth could be somewhere in the middle).

I think I'm going to get my gumption up and actually POST to the Jewithery forum and see how they handle this in their daily practice.

I can understand your confusion, really!  I am a Christian Witch after all  Wink  I thought I would tell you about the way I handle my dilemma, in the hopes it might help you with yours.   I hope you dont mind Smiley

Basically, I believe in a Father/Mother/Son variation of Holy Trinity.  More accurately, perhaps Father/Mother part are aspects of A Divine Being of Love that encompasses everything.  Son is Son of God who made it to Godhood and came back to teach, and we are all evolving to Godhood, and are all children of this Divine Being.  Other Gods are Spirits/Beings who have evolved to Godhood over time.  Like we too will be eventually.  Essentially all of us are Gods in embryo and we are children of this Divine Being called God.  This is my core belief system (all but Divine Being of Love is apt to be modified tho over time  Cheesy ) Perhaps this is how you can fit the other Gods in the middle, as real individuals (they are).  Perhaps God <substitute your name for God here> asked them to help you in your path, and you can just put Him first along with your Female Aspect of God.  Talk it over with them, see what you come up with Smiley

HUGS to you in your path seeking.  Remember, follow your heart, do it with love, and you cant go too wrong Smiley

Gina

Chihuahuas are like Napoleon, small and think they can rule the world.  If in doubt, just ask them.  They will tell ya Smiley
Sperran
Reserve Staff
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:October 18, 2014, 02:07:12 am
United States United States

Religion: Judaism

Adonai Echad

Blog entries (8)

« Reply #18: June 19, 2007, 02:28:50 pm »

All this boils down to is that I am finding my way.  Once again, being a member of The Cauldron was instrumental in that.  This is still the best damn resource for pagans on the net, in my estimation.

I've watched this discussion with a fair amount of interest, as my struggle parallelled yours in a lot of ways.  I believe that I have settled finally in the "Jew" category and have found a fantastic reform synagogue.  Since you are drawn both to Jewish tradition as well as some neo-pagan stuff, I wonder if you have read much by Starhawk?  Looking to someone coming from a Jewish path and moving to a pagan one might be helpful to you.

Sperran

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)