The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
November 15, 2019, 06:47:26 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 15, 2019, 06:47:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Atrocious pagan websites - let's see your worst...  (Read 38480 times)
Cathira
Master Member
Last Login:November 01, 2008, 04:26:24 am
Australia Australia

Religion: Kemetically-influenced mental decoration & maintenance scheme
Awards: Site Assistant

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: January 05, 2008, 07:24:32 am »

I was surfing the net for information on Bast tonight, and came across a couple of doozies.

Teen Witch.com's page on religious persecution

My eyebrows just about shot off my forehead reading this one. And that was after I pulled them off the ceiling where they stuck from reading through the information on Bast.  Shocked

How often do you see a site putting this disclaimer next to a link?

(OUTSIDE LINK to House of Netjer — NOTE: They do not want visitors from this web site, so if you visit their web site, do so quietly.)

*chuckle* I haven't explored further, unfortunately I ran out of salt. I plan to order a couple of tonnes tomorrow so I can get back there for another giggle. Cheesy

I have something of a morbid fascination with atrocious sites, so come on you lot, do your worst.

What is the worst pagan site you've found on the web?

I'm a cute kitty,
Small and pretty,
Feed me chocolate day and night,
Just be forewarned I have quite a bite!

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:November 07, 2019, 05:48:46 am
United States United States

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #1: January 05, 2008, 08:05:43 am »

Smoking pot is witchcraft??  So laws against such are persecuting religion?  Oh boy.  And I thought the fundie Christians had a persecition complex.

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host
Melamphoros
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:March 28, 2015, 11:01:26 pm

Religion: Informed Eclectic with Hellenic Overtones
TCN ID: Melamphoros

Kiss My Scythe

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #2: January 05, 2008, 10:02:16 am »

Smoking pot is witchcraft??  So laws against such are persecuting religion?  Oh boy.  And I thought the fundie Christians had a persecition complex.

That's what I thought.

I found this part of their entry on Apollo interesting:

Abaris: A priest of Apollo, who, with the help of the God, fled from Scythia to Greece to avoid the plague. Apollo gave Abaris a golden arrow which made the priest invisible, and with which he cured diseases and performed oracles (prophesies and answers to questions).

I never heard of this myth before.  Has anyone?

Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you will make a great sandwich.
My Spiritual Blog
Kasmira
Adept Member
Last Login:July 29, 2017, 12:05:31 pm

Religion: Buddhist and Daoist inspired something
TCN ID: Kasmira

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #3: January 05, 2008, 11:06:18 am »

Lol, I may not think that pot should not be illegal but I had certainly never attributed the laws against it to religious persecution. Your right, that is one heck of a persecution complex.

Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss - Douglas Adams
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all - Oscar Wilde
The road to nowhere: My little foray into the blogoshpere
Dania
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 17, 2008, 08:11:47 pm

Religion: Gwyddon Seeker

Queen of Hare-Brained Schemes

Blog entries (4)

Ignore
« Reply #4: January 05, 2008, 11:33:17 am »

ROTFLMAO omg...thank you so much for that I needed a laugh.

Dania
High Adept Member

Blog entries (4)

Ignore
« Reply #5: January 05, 2008, 11:43:45 am »

What is the worst pagan site you've found on the web?

This page has got my somewhere between confused, pissed off, and laughing my ass off: Goddess Plan Diet Introduction. Shocked

Rae*ShadowWolf
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:April 28, 2008, 06:26:55 pm

Religion: Pagan seeking a path

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #6: January 05, 2008, 11:56:31 am »

ROTFLMAO omg...thank you so much for that I needed a laugh.

I pretty much agree, though I think I lost a few points of IQ while browsing that...!

LyricFox
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:September 04, 2011, 02:39:11 pm

Religion: Lapsed Hellenic Reconstructionist

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #7: January 05, 2008, 11:57:41 am »

I was surfing the net for information on Bast tonight, and came across a couple of doozies.

Teen Witch.com's page on religious persecution

"Very few Americans realize that the persecution of cannabis is Christian (especially Roman Catholic) persecution of Witchcraft. Very few American cannabis users have any idea that they are engaging in Witchcraft, much less that they are being targetted for Witchcraft."

Wow. Just. Wow.

Visit The Breast Cancer Site & Click to fund free Mammograms
Hosts' Store: Doxy's Bazaar (w/Pagan Items)
Need Web Hosting? See The Cheap Web Hosting Report
Redhound666
Journeyman
Last Login:November 29, 2008, 04:18:07 pm

Religion: Tell You When I Have Found It ;)

The Master of the Elements Lives Forever

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #8: January 05, 2008, 02:23:23 pm »

Umm excuse me. Excuse Me! Uhh some of those things are true...

"The terms “Witch Hunt” and “Witch Trial” have entered the English language as slang expressions about patently unfair behaior, primarily by those in positions of power. it is often forgotten that these terms came into existence because of the very real historical practices of the Abrahamic religions, primarily Christianity, Islam, and Judaism.

The killing of Witches and the killing of women wrongly accused of being Witches continues worldwide even today, mostly in the Middle East, Africa, Asia, South America, and Central America.

It is important to become involved in the religious rights for Witches, especially in a time period when George Bush and other Christians are actively seeking a return to the Burning Times when Witches are killed without fair trials."

As far as I know, this is true. But...

"Growing, processing, transporting, distributing, possessing, and using herbs is an essential act of Witchcraft. The Christian Bible, Jewish Torah, and Islamic Koran all specifically and unambiguously outlaw Witchcraft with the death penalty. All U.S. federal judges are Christian or Jewish. A majority of the U.S. Supreme Court is Roman Catholic."

Yea, each sentence is true, but they don't connect. Don't try to connect them.

"Very few Americans realize that the persecution of cannabis is Christian (especially Roman Catholic) persecution of Witchcraft. Very few American cannabis users have any idea that they are engaging in Witchcraft, much less that they are being targeted for Witchcraft."

Oh come on! What the Hell? Sounds like something Mama Silver would say.

And I read some of the Witch's Rights Law and i thought to myself "If we can't pass a Non-discriminating law for Gays and Lesbians, then how can we hope to pass this law? The Gay community is way more populous and organized then our community.*sigh*"

But some of those things we can already do.

(h) Witches (and members of all religions) are free to make and burn candles and incenses.
(j) Witches (and members of all religions) are free to wear or display Witchcraft and magick (or other religious) symbols, except in cases where there is a genuine safety hazard equally applied to all jewelry.
(l) Witches (and members of all religions) are free to engage in any Witchcraft practice that does no harm.
Etc. etc.

And I don't know how creditable the Fort Hood incident is but I hope this didn't happen. 

I'll be back later to say some other things.

Please help my dragons grow!
Kasmira
Adept Member
Last Login:July 29, 2017, 12:05:31 pm

Religion: Buddhist and Daoist inspired something
TCN ID: Kasmira

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #9: January 05, 2008, 02:29:19 pm »

This page has got my somewhere between confused, pissed off, and laughing my ass off: Goddess Plan Diet Introduction. Shocked

Huh (insert boggle eyed smiley here)! So a) we are all capable of becoming goddesses and b) you've got to be skinny to do it??? How much cultural appropriation and misinformation can one fit into one article about a diet??

Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss - Douglas Adams
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all - Oscar Wilde
The road to nowhere: My little foray into the blogoshpere
LyricFox
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:September 04, 2011, 02:39:11 pm

Religion: Lapsed Hellenic Reconstructionist

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #10: January 05, 2008, 02:45:07 pm »

And I don't know how creditable the Fort Hood incident is but I hope this didn't happen. 

I didn't read his page on Fort Hood because I figured after the errors on the first page, there was no way my brain could handle anything else, but there were issues at Ft. Hood, so it's possible he covered them...it was fairly well publicized at the time.

Visit The Breast Cancer Site & Click to fund free Mammograms
Hosts' Store: Doxy's Bazaar (w/Pagan Items)
Need Web Hosting? See The Cheap Web Hosting Report
Dania
High Adept Member

Blog entries (4)

Ignore
« Reply #11: January 05, 2008, 02:50:26 pm »

b) you've got to be skinny to do it???

Yea...I know...dude...look at all the fertility goddesses who were FAT. LOL

Áine
Adept Member
Last Login:July 18, 2009, 08:41:03 pm

Religion: Random Witchcraft
TCN ID: anya

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #12: January 05, 2008, 03:15:07 pm »

a) we are all capable of becoming goddesses and b) you've got to be skinny to do it??? How much cultural appropriation and misinformation can one fit into one article about a diet??

They apparently know nothing about the Goddess of Willendorf...
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 03:16:49 pm by darkplume, Reason: clarity » Logged

*Síocháin*
Marilyn (ABSENTMINDED)
Assistant Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:February 06, 2013, 08:12:28 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: free-flowing animist, Dudeist Priest
TCN ID: Absentminded

Blog entries (11)

« Reply #13: January 05, 2008, 03:19:17 pm »

And I read some of the Witch's Rights Law and i thought to myself "If we can't pass a Non-discriminating law for Gays and Lesbians, then how can we hope to pass this law?

As far as I could tell (although I didn't read all the way to the bottom) there was nothing in that that isn't already a part of the law anyway, they just want the specific word witch thrown in.  Protection from assault?  Already there.  No codicil saying 'this law does not apply to witches'.  Candles and incense?  Anybody can make, buy, and posess them.

Jewelry and symbols?  I don't know of any that are illegal anyway, even really sucky ones, so where is the need for a special law?

I think the writers of that section got ahold of some legal-sounding phrases and jargon and wanted a chance to use them.  Witches are already protected in those things, by virtue of being people.  The site-owners just want to increase the teen-angsty feeling of persecution by implying that witches are out in the cold and regular laws don't cover them.

Protection against having your religions used against you in a custody case, I can see as being necessary, but asking that a witch defendant be judged by a witch judge is just strange.  After all, a Catholic judge does not have to recuse him/her self if the plaintiff is Jewish.

Smoke, mirrors, and gobbledegook, for the most part. 

Absent

"There's nothing wrong with you that reincarnation won't cure."
- Jack E. Leonard

Blessed are the cracked, for it is they who let in the light.

Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in

L Cohen
Dania
High Adept Member

Blog entries (4)

Ignore
« Reply #14: January 05, 2008, 03:23:07 pm »

I think the writers of that section got ahold of some legal-sounding phrases and jargon and wanted a chance to use them.  Witches are already protected in those things, by virtue of being people.  The site-owners just want to increase the teen-angsty feeling of persecution by implying that witches are out in the cold and regular laws don't cover them.

Sounds like a cross between Lady Passion and Mama Silver. Roll Eyes

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)