The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
January 20, 2021, 11:50:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 20, 2021, 11:50:40 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Cauldron Suggestions Wanted: How Would You Improve TC?  (Read 34647 times)
Jixijenga
Apprentice
Last Login:October 05, 2008, 06:42:43 am
United States United States

Religion: Asatru

A little short for a stormtrooper.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #120: October 05, 2008, 06:42:43 am »

With respect to your PM, don't worry, you position on this will not be held against you, but the Hosts' position on this subject is not changing.  Shocked

Thanks for the link.

Yeah, I understand totally. I guess it's just one of those "agree to disagree" scenarios. Tongue Also, you're very welcome. Trying to spread the word, and to keep these poorly-constructed bots down. I wear a size 16 boot, so my giant, Norse foot is coming down after MY personal forum was spammed to no end. As for following threads, you do a pretty good job. I see you all over the place, so you're one of the best admins I've seen.

Or, you could just get drunk, show up, and threaten to ban everyone and then go away again. That would be awesome, too.

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:October 30, 2020, 08:18:05 am

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #121: October 05, 2008, 08:36:43 am »

As for following threads, you do a pretty good job. I see you all over the place, so you're one of the best admins I've seen.

I'm not as active as I once was, unfortunately. As for being a good admin, that comes from many years experience. I've been moderating/running online message areas of some type or another since the mid-1980s. In 25 years or so, you learn what works well and what doesn't -- at least for you and the type of message areas you want to host.  Of course, this also makes you seem somewhat dogmatic and unwilling to try "new" ideas when the supposedly "new" idea is just a minor variation of something you tried and found not to work all that well many years ago.

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host
nikkiwitch
Journeyman
Last Login:December 20, 2008, 03:51:14 pm

Religion: pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #122: October 11, 2008, 05:27:26 pm »

I'll have to throw my two cents in on that one, that the mods really won't give you an official warning unless you make a super mess up. Mostly it's just a "Psst, go back and read this rule thanks" type of warning that's not really official. Which is good because sometimes the rule isn't a major thing more of an etiquette thing.

The rules here are not so bad,a couple of weeks ago I had an official do Mod Hat's On, I took it out on this person because I got banned from a forum for double posting,they didn't seem to care that I had clicked the button twice when posting,not on purpose. That is why I feel really bad about doing this to this moderator. I've really enjoyed belonging to The Cauldron and I would not change a thing.

My cats are my kids.
Ghost Queen
Journeyman
Last Login:April 11, 2010, 08:10:46 pm
Ecuador Ecuador

Religion: Ecclectic Polytheistic Pagan

At the Edge of Enigma, the Gatekeeper waits...

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #123: December 14, 2008, 11:42:45 pm »

it's time for our annual "suggestion drive"...

I was trying to do a member search today because I wanted to see if anyone on this forum lived either in my city or in one of the countries I am considering moving to. But the member search doesn't allow a search by location. Would it be possible to add that option?

The meaning of life is to give life meaning
Go too fast, move too slow
Restore the balance between thinking and feeling
Open up and let it flow

-Ayreon 01011001
RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:October 30, 2020, 08:18:05 am

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #124: December 15, 2008, 08:36:19 am »

I was trying to do a member search today because I wanted to see if anyone on this forum lived either in my city or in one of the countries I am considering moving to. But the member search doesn't allow a search by location. Would it be possible to add that option?

Not unless the SMF Message Board designers add it, unfortunately. I think you can search by location in TCN.  But not many members have accounts there yet.

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host
Koimichra
Cauldron Council
Senior Staff
Adept Member
Last Login:May 10, 2011, 05:22:53 pm

Religion: Catholic

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #125: January 11, 2009, 10:38:34 am »

Or you could post asking, if you wanted to! Smiley

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)

EU Cookie Notice: This site uses cookies. By using this site you consent to their use.