The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
October 20, 2021, 12:01:02 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2021, 12:01:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Healing Work -- Suggestions?  (Read 6895 times)
Dania
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 17, 2008, 08:11:47 pm
United States United States

Religion: Gwyddon Seeker

Queen of Hare-Brained Schemes

Blog entries (4)

Ignore
« Topic Start: January 13, 2008, 11:09:49 am »

I see a lot of stuff about the healing list, but what do you guys actually DO for your healing work?

I have my own private list that I include in my prayers, but I've never done anything like this before. Basically I'm looking for ideas for what to do (because I want to do something I'm just not sure what.)

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 29, 2013, 09:32:22 pm

Religion: Feral Brighideach
TCN ID: Aster Breo

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #1: January 13, 2008, 07:18:39 pm »

I see a lot of stuff about the healing list, but what do you guys actually DO for your healing work?

I have my own private list that I include in my prayers, but I've never done anything like this before. Basically I'm looking for ideas for what to do (because I want to do something I'm just not sure what.)

If you read the thread about the Cill healing list, I think you'll see that what people do varies.  I, personally, don't do much healing work -- I don't have that talent.  But I do try to keep people on the list in my prayers to Brighid.  I think many of us use the list like that.

Other people do more along the lines of energy work directed toward the people on the list.

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place."  ~ George Bernard Shaw
Dania
High Adept Member

Blog entries (4)

Ignore
« Reply #2: January 13, 2008, 07:25:12 pm »

Energy work is definitely an idea.

I haven't read through the whole healing list thread yet. It's long, I haven't got that far.

Garnet
Adept Member
Last Login:November 01, 2015, 10:19:49 pm

Religion: Departmental; Eclectic/NeoWiccan, Feri/Morningstar Student, Thelemite

My path is an omelet

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #3: January 14, 2008, 01:27:04 pm »

I say a short prayer to Brighid for each person, and sometimes I'll add in other people that I know, or myself.  I don't do healing energy work, although I think it's neat.

Dania
High Adept Member

Blog entries (4)

Ignore
« Reply #4: January 14, 2008, 01:49:19 pm »

I say a short prayer to Brighid for each person,

Do you have a specific prayer that you use, or a "format"?

I've never done any really 'formalized' format prayers...but the concept interests me.

Guenthecat
Journeyman
Last Login:August 30, 2010, 11:27:22 am

Religion: Folk Pagan??

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #5: January 16, 2008, 04:59:59 pm »

When I first started the list it was short, so I participated in the healing part.  I did something similar to writing magic or writing focus where I meditated on each name and their reason to be on the list as I wrote them down.  Then I went to my candle, lit it for my shift and said each name one by one and their reasons for being on the list-basically a brief prayer.  Then I added my coin offerings to Brighid and set the list in the offering tray.

But I found that as the list got bigger and as people's needs became more serious, I was draining myself with each one, so now I simply co-oversee the list and count that as my part.  When I light my flame for the shift, I ask for aid for all of those on the list, but I don't name them, I basically say, "please aid those on the healing list." or some such.  Now my energy work/meditation comes when I read their post and I enter them on the list and I find that its enough to keep the names in the air when I light my flame.  After all, keeping the list together takes some concentration and thought which isn't much different than how I was meditating on them in the beginning.

Guen  ~:)
Garnet
Adept Member

My path is an omelet

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #6: January 17, 2008, 01:28:58 pm »

Do you have a specific prayer that you use, or a "format"?

I've never done any really 'formalized' format prayers...but the concept interests me.

Mine definitely aren't formal - I think they came from the way my family and I would mention "intentions" when praying (when I was still Catholic).  Basically, I just ask Brighid to heal the person (if that's what's being asked for) and mention some of the specifics.  Depending on the situation, I might also ask for wisdom for doctors and surgeons, continuing recovery, help for friends and relatives, etc.  And there can be "thank yous" in there too.  Smiley

Dania
High Adept Member

Blog entries (4)

Ignore
« Reply #7: January 17, 2008, 02:11:26 pm »

Mine definitely aren't formal - I think they came from the way my family and I would mention "intentions" when praying (when I was still Catholic).  Basically, I just ask Brighid to heal the person (if that's what's being asked for) and mention some of the specifics.  Depending on the situation, I might also ask for wisdom for doctors and surgeons, continuing recovery, help for friends and relatives, etc.  And there can be "thank yous" in there too.  Smiley

That's pretty much what my prayers to other deities are now, too. Smiley

Celtee
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:May 02, 2013, 06:50:08 pm

Religion: Wandering Seeker with Celtic and Hedgewitch leanings
TCN ID: SilverWolf

The lone wolf waits...

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #8: January 18, 2008, 12:00:27 am »

If you're a smoker, you could do like I do and "smoke" em.  I head outside with a cigarette in my hand, ask healing upon whomever needs it and send health and healing wishes, wrapped in the smoke, on the winds to wherever they need to go.

"It's only forever
Not long at all"
~~Jareth

"Time may change me
But I can't trace time
I said that time may change me
But I can't trace time"
Changes
~~ David Bowie

"Why do you have to be a nonconformist like everybody else?"
~~James Thurber
Dania
High Adept Member

Blog entries (4)

Ignore
« Reply #9: January 18, 2008, 02:34:03 pm »

If you're a smoker, you could do like I do and "smoke" em.  I head outside with a cigarette in my hand, ask healing upon whomever needs it and send health and healing wishes, wrapped in the smoke, on the winds to wherever they need to go.

Oh, I'm totally not a smoker. BUT you gave me an idea.

INCENSE!!! Grin

I wonder what sort of incense one would use for Brighid's healing work?

Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 29, 2013, 09:32:22 pm

Religion: Feral Brighideach
TCN ID: Aster Breo

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #10: January 18, 2008, 02:41:54 pm »

I've always associated baking spices, like cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg, with Brighid.  Not sure why.

Sometimes, when I need mood-setting help, I'll put a small pot on the stove with roughly 1 part water to 1 part orange juice.  Then toss in whole or ground nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves, and ginger.  Just let it sit on the lowest possible heat for as long as you want.  Add more water and/or OJ as it gets low.

Smells like Brighid.   Wink

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place."  ~ George Bernard Shaw
Dania
High Adept Member

Blog entries (4)

Ignore
« Reply #11: January 18, 2008, 03:13:40 pm »

Sometimes, when I need mood-setting help, I'll put a small pot on the stove with roughly 1 part water to 1 part orange juice.  Then toss in whole or ground nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves, and ginger.  Just let it sit on the lowest possible heat for as long as you want.  Add more water and/or OJ as it gets low.

Mm...sounds like it might be good to drink when done, too. Tongue

I get the kitchen spices thing.  Hearth and home and that. Smiley

Garnet
Adept Member

My path is an omelet

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #12: January 18, 2008, 07:53:08 pm »

INCENSE!!! Grin

That's such a cool idea!  I'm a huge incense fan, too.  I've used amber in Her honor before.  Smiley

Dania
High Adept Member

Blog entries (4)

Ignore
« Reply #13: January 18, 2008, 08:15:19 pm »

That's such a cool idea!  I'm a huge incense fan, too.  I've used amber in Her honor before.  Smiley

MM...I have some Copal, but I don't like to burn it by itself. Maybe I need a special blend that I ONLY use for Brighid...I shall have to experiment. Smiley

(I have a few "special" blends..."Celtic forest" blend (I thought it deserved a cool name) I use mostly when I'm working with Morrigan and Cernnunnos, for instance. I have used it other times, but not usually with ALL of the ingredients.)

SouthernBelle82
Senior Newbie
Last Login:February 08, 2008, 12:06:28 pm

Religion: Spiritualist

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #14: February 07, 2008, 08:44:08 pm »

When I get the feeling to do healing work I just use my energy to focus on the person and sending them healing energy.  Basically a prayer type ordeal.

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)