The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
April 18, 2021, 10:36:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2021, 10:36:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Psychic Protection  (Read 23541 times)
Aliceanna
Senior Newbie
Last Login:April 17, 2010, 07:19:27 pm
United States United States

Religion: Heathenry

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #45: January 20, 2009, 12:02:16 am »

Thanks for the recommendation.

And welcome to The Cauldron!  Smiley

thank you! I'm really enjoying reading through the various threads.
Aliceanna

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Straycat
Apprentice
Last Login:August 12, 2010, 09:11:31 pm

Religion: Wiccan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #46: July 30, 2010, 08:19:58 am »

Penczak is a great 101 guy, easy and clear and accurate. Not fluffy and not too complex either. I agree with J ennett's assessment of Fortune, but she is just a lot of fun to read and I enjoy the historical perspective.  I also think that if you are a ceremonial magic type of person, this is more useful. Her novels are a blast, if you are an early 20th century brit lit. kind of person.

I'm working with Witch's Shield right now. That's why I like Penczak. His stuff is friendly, accessible, and clear. I've been a practicing witch for decades, but I still like stuff that's easy to understand. (I guess it's the technical writer in me.)

I've also read Fortune's book. She seemed a bit paranoid on the subject, to me. I'm not going to worry too much about a hair stylist having samples of my hair.

Frankly, I think grounding, clearing, and shielding should be taught to newcomers. It should be one of the first things taught to newbie witches. A lot of people poo-poo the idea of psychic attack. On one hand, someone doing a full out black magic curse against another practitioner may not be that common, but it does happen. (It happened to me. First coven I was in.) And pagans are not all saintly, if you'll pardon the term. Some might decide to do a curse just to see what it does, or they think the other person "deserves it," or they feel powerful and want to flaunt it. If the victim hasn't been taught shielding and protecting, then some of that negative energy may well glom on to them.

Also, even supposedly devout Christians can stoop to the use of folk magic, if they think the victim "deserves it," or if Jesus told them it was okay.

And for my money, you don't have to be a pagan to deal a curse or a psychic attack. Sustained hatred and/or the wish to harm another person can send just as much psychic s*** as any ritualized curse. And they might have more psychic skill than they're aware of, too. Again, if the victim isn't versed in shielding and clearing, bad stuff could happen.

Another reason to learn clearing and shielding is to protect yourself from your own bad psychic stuff.  Any negative energy you've thrown out (and hey, who's perfect?) could hang around and mess up the works unless it's specifically cleared away.
starboy138
Permanently Banned
Last Login:March 02, 2011, 10:31:04 pm

Religion: Christian

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #47: February 11, 2011, 11:35:05 am »

[modbreak=Web Site Article Discussion Thread]
This thread is for discussion of a specific article on our web site. Please limit discussion to questions and comments specific to this article. Feel free to start a new thread in an appropriate board if what you wish to discuss is not specific to the named article. Note that if you have arrived here from the discussion link on this article on our web site and are not a member of this message board, you will need to register an account to post in this thread. Thank you.
[/modbreak]

Psychic Protection

Psychic protection and mental shielding are subjects that very few New Age teachers are willing to discuss with newcomers to paganism. It is felt by most "White Witches" that there is no need to protect yourself from negative vibrations and/or psychic attack. It is felt that unless one works with negative energies they usually won't interfere with you. It is also postulated by many that most if not all psychic attack is caused by your imagination and is not a valid phenomena.

All the above may be true, I've only been in the Craft for approximately 10 years and am only now realizing how much there is that I need to learn, I believe that true psychic attack is indeed a very rare phenomena as the law of attraction and Karma deters most followers of the old ways. However there is always that idiot who feels he knows more than anyone else and goes for the attack for invalid reasons. Also I feel that negative thought forms directed at you may also make your life more difficult. Barring all of that the energy you put into psychically protecting yourself is minimal, it won't do any harm and who knows it may protect you from unseen influences that seek to do you harm.

Read the Full Article

Really great article, very detailed; it's very timely too. These days, psychic protection is really a must, psychic attacks occur very often, and the number of psychic vampires have rapidly grown. This is a great material for those who are in search for more knowledge as far as psychic protection is concerned.  Smiley
RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:October 30, 2020, 08:18:05 am

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #48: February 11, 2011, 05:34:57 pm »

These days, psychic protection is really a must, psychic attacks occur very often, and the number of psychic vampires have rapidly grown.

I really haven't seen that many real psychic attacks in my lifetime. Psychic vampires have never been a huge problem. I don't know if their numbers are increasing, but I have doubts.

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host
Star
Message Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 12, 2013, 08:36:08 am

Religion: Hellenic Reconstructionist
TCN ID: star

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #49: February 12, 2011, 07:41:27 am »

I really haven't seen that many real psychic attacks in my lifetime. Psychic vampires have never been a huge problem. I don't know if their numbers are increasing, but I have doubts.

::poke::  It's profile spam, Boss.  I'm on it...

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Main Blog:  Star's Journal of Random Thoughts
Religious Blog:  The Song and the Flame
I can also now be found on Goodreads.
RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:October 30, 2020, 08:18:05 am

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #50: February 12, 2011, 07:43:06 am »

Sigh. I really think spammer should be shot.

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host
SunflowerP
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:November 07, 2020, 05:37:46 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: Eclectic Wicca-compatible religious Witch (Libertarian Witchcraft)
TCN ID: SunflowerP

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #51: February 12, 2011, 07:52:59 am »

... I type too slowly.

Sunflower

Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
I do so have a life.  I just live part of it online.
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others
to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
My blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough", at Dreamwidth and LJ
Syncearae
Journeyman
Last Login:October 15, 2012, 12:47:57 pm

Religion: Eclectic Pagan with Native American beliefs

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #52: March 12, 2011, 12:05:35 am »

In my opinion, every one should be taught psychic elf defense, not just because it provides spiritual defence but also because it aids in creating mental boundaries as well, Defining who and what the person will allow to acess thier time and thoughts.

Those who are sensitive to subtle energies, are constantly around psychic vampires, or live in a city where too much psychic sludge has built up to handle should learn a more adept version than just the regular joes.

As far as some one getting a hold of a item you possesed and using it for a curse, I simply energetically release any items that may be used for that purpose. No energy connection, no sympathetic magic. I also employ a mirrored shield around my aura that is triggered by outside threats that reflects the negative seeking to harm me where it needs to go.

Of course karma will still happen and sometimes if negative energy gets slung my way it is my job to transmute it. Could be stuff I realeased in a past life just coming back to it's source. I would rather transmute the energy anyway then having it effect me later on in a different form.

Balance that is unbalanced to maintain balance.
Life is what you make yourself (into).

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)