The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
November 26, 2020, 01:48:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 26, 2020, 01:48:05 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: What sort of crafts do you do?  (Read 24040 times)
HeartShadow - Cutethulhu
Assistant Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:April 15, 2013, 06:53:07 pm
United States United States

Religion: FlameKeeper
TCN ID: GenevieveWood

I am the Pirate Teddybear!

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #105: July 12, 2010, 02:37:53 pm »

Well, I have made some out of mohair, wool, bamboo, a mini flax attempt, cotton, silk, soy silk, llama, alpaca, and border collie.  I usually make baby hats and such with it as I only have a drop spindle.  I'm not on Ravelry, but I do have an etsy shop: Ladybug Yarns.

but .. but I'm on a yarn diet!  sob.

FlameKeeping website: http://www.flamekeeping.org

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

yewberry
Adept Member
Last Login:August 02, 2014, 04:15:33 pm

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #106: July 12, 2010, 02:39:10 pm »

I'm not on Ravelry, but I do have an etsy shop: Ladybug Yarns.

You should really get a Rav account.  While marketing via the forums there is a faux pas, the link to your Etsy store can be added to your profile.  It's kind of "the place to be" for fiber artists these days.  Wink

Brina
Nimue
Master Member
Last Login:May 09, 2011, 10:31:43 pm

Religion: Pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #107: July 12, 2010, 02:48:24 pm »

You should really get a Rav account.  While marketing via the forums there is a faux pas, the link to your Etsy store can be added to your profile.  It's kind of "the place to be" for fiber artists these days.  Wink

Brina

Thanks, I'll check it out =).  I have only been spinning for about a year, so I'm new to a lot of things.  I went to my first fiber festival back in May...my poor boyfriend got stuck carrying around about 5 lbs of fiber lol.
yewberry
Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #108: July 12, 2010, 03:05:01 pm »

Thanks, I'll check it out.

I completely forgot to mention all the free patterns and advice.  Wink

I have only been spinning for about a year, so I'm new to a lot of things.  I went to my first fiber festival back in May...my poor boyfriend got stuck carrying around about 5 lbs of fiber lol.

My husband informed me that if I buy any more superwash seconds, he's going to divorce me.  Wink

Brina
Nimue
Master Member
Last Login:May 09, 2011, 10:31:43 pm

Religion: Pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #109: July 12, 2010, 10:23:43 pm »

I completely forgot to mention all the free patterns and advice.  Wink

My husband informed me that if I buy any more superwash seconds, he's going to divorce me.  Wink

Brina

I haven't gotten to that point yet lol.  But I have a TON of books, and one day, he looks and goes, "You know, it wouldn't be a bad idea to get rid of some of them."  I looked at him and said, "The books stay.  You can go."  Never came up again lol.
Matrinka
Adept Member
Last Login:January 03, 2016, 12:36:32 pm

Religion: Irish-Celtic witch

Níl aon tíntéan, mar do thíntéín féín.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #110: July 14, 2010, 11:33:58 am »

Brina

Direct marketing on the big 6 is a faux pas, but there are ways to use Rav as a direct marketing place, including forums where Etsy vendors are encouraged to post their newest wares.  Wink 

My budget is the only reason we still have room to move in the house.  My stash is limited by tiny budget, but I still manage to have ample spinning fibre and yarn to knit.  Which reminds me- today I have got to get back to work on my Haruni shawl. 

sabbathday
Last Login:September 13, 2010, 12:32:13 pm

Religion: witch

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #111: July 14, 2010, 12:12:30 pm »

The title pretty well sums it up. Smiley

What kind of crafty things do you do? Knit? Sew? Scrapbook? Woodwork? All of the above? Something else?

I enjoy scrapbooking, but I haven't done it in a while.  I haven't reorganized since our basement flood.

Otherwise I work with props or sets at our community theater.  duct tape, electrical tape and spray paint...you can do anything.

~chel
LyricFox
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:September 04, 2011, 02:39:11 pm

Religion: Lapsed Hellenic Reconstructionist

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #112: July 14, 2010, 07:13:03 pm »

I enjoy scrapbooking, but I haven't done it in a while.  I haven't reorganized since our basement flood.

Otherwise I work with props or sets at our community theater.  duct tape, electrical tape and spray paint...you can do anything.

Don't forget WD-40. With that and duct tape you could rule the world.

Visit The Breast Cancer Site & Click to fund free Mammograms
Hosts' Store: Doxy's Bazaar (w/Pagan Items)
Need Web Hosting? See The Cheap Web Hosting Report
yewberry
Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #113: July 15, 2010, 02:14:20 pm »

Direct marketing on the big 6 is a faux pas, but there are ways to use Rav as a direct marketing place, including forums where Etsy vendors are encouraged to post their newest wares.

True, true.  I tend to forget this because I hang out in a fairly small corner of Rav and rarely venture out.  Except to poke fun at Teh Dramaz.  Wink

Brina
ThtreLady
Journeyman
Last Login:July 20, 2011, 05:49:34 pm

Religion: Celtic Seeker

Blog entries (0)

thtrelady

Ignore
« Reply #114: July 15, 2010, 02:28:38 pm »

What kind of crafty things do you do? Knit? Sew? Scrapbook? Woodwork? All of the above? Something else?

I attempted - and believe me it was only an attempt - to take up cardweaving. Bardic made me some lovely cards, I got gorgeous threads, several books and a set of huge clamps to set up my loom.  And then I went and spent two hours in my living room setting up the loom site and straightening the threads and figuring out how to correctly put the threads through the cards to build the set up.

I managed to make about three turns of the cards after the enormous set-up.  And then Onyx, my beloved cat, had had all she could stand and she could stand no more. She pounced into the middle of the loom, hopelessly tangling herself and the threads.

/sigh  The tangled mess is in the closet. I may try again someday, but only in a spot that Onyx can not get into and I've yet to figure out where that would be.  I may try cross-stitch instead, but then the threads will be on my lap when if finally gets to be too much for her and I'll bleed.
Tylluan
Senior Newbie
Last Login:January 25, 2011, 04:51:19 am
Germany Germany

Religion: Celtic Hedgewitch

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #115: November 22, 2010, 05:43:04 am »

I cross stitch and make home-made cards.  Most of the time, I combine the two and make home-made cross stitch cards  Grin  I'm on the lookout for a pagan cross-stitch card themed book if anyone knows of one!  Mostly, they're fantasy themed.

I used to knit when I was younger but haven't done that for ages.

)O(
FizzyCat
Senior Newbie
Last Login:October 01, 2012, 03:05:57 pm

Religion: Spiritually Searching

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #116: December 02, 2010, 06:27:54 am »

I sew, knit, cross stitch, papercraft, do some calligraphy, paint, used to sculpt and did a bit of wheel throwing...I acquire new crafts by finding an object, falling in love with it, and then saying "hey, I should be able to do that!" and diving in head-first to teach myself.  This gets very expensive if I am not careful  Cheesy Over time I have become the go-to person for handicrafts in my circle, because when in doubt if I can't make something, I probably know at least enough about most things to direct someone to a better authority. My next goal is to learn how to spin.
yewberry
Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #117: December 02, 2010, 01:35:28 pm »

My next goal is to learn how to spin.

Drop spinning is super cheap.  My current spindle is made from a dowel, an empty ribbon bobbin with rubber bands around it for weight (held onto the dowel with some fat rubber washers), and a cup hook.  Cost me about a buck-fiddy and spins beautifully.  Smiley

Brina
veggiewolf
Adept Member
Last Login:November 14, 2014, 01:04:25 pm

Religion: Hoer of Onions / FlameKeeper
TCN ID: veggiewolf

Stop it, or I'll bury you alive in a box.

Blog entries (8)

veggiewolf morningwolfe

Ignore
« Reply #118: December 02, 2010, 05:27:34 pm »

...My next goal is to learn how to spin.

I am not crafty as such, but I do know how to spin on both a wheel and a drop spindle, and I am trying to learn to crochet.

Ask me about FlameKeeping!

"I can't take HIS money; I can't print MY OWN money.  Why don't I just lay down and die?" - Homer Simpson
"My dream has been shattered into shards of a broken dream!" - Homer Simpson
yewberry
Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #119: December 02, 2010, 05:55:15 pm »

I am not crafty as such, but I do know how to spin on both a wheel and a drop spindle, and I am trying to learn to crochet.

What do you do with the yarn you make?  <she asks greedily>  Wink

Brina

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)