The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
May 27, 2020, 02:08:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 27, 2020, 02:08:47 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Just recently been retapped...  (Read 4994 times)
Lokei
Apprentice
Last Login:August 08, 2008, 08:01:30 pm
United States United States

Religion: Don't know..

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #15: January 29, 2008, 10:47:41 pm »

No worries I did a simple prayer tonight, Hera interrupted me the first time I ignored it.  And when it occurred again when I prayed again only included Loki afterwards, both spoke and took turns in doing so.  It was cool.

So we'll see what happens from here Smiley

Yeah, I don't believe Hera is as uncouth as everyone believes her to be.  Thats just me.  As far as Loki?  Midunderstood.

Thank y'all again.  Yeah, I know on the Astral they can mess around with you.  Had it happen already, thats why I became very good at reading energy.   Wink

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Melamphoros
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:March 28, 2015, 11:01:26 pm

Religion: Informed Eclectic with Hellenic Overtones
TCN ID: Melamphoros

Kiss My Scythe

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #16: January 29, 2008, 11:10:49 pm »

No worries I did a simple prayer tonight, Hera interrupted me the first time I ignored it.  And when it occurred again when I prayed again only included Loki afterwards, both spoke and took turns in doing so.  It was cool.

So we'll see what happens from here Smiley

Yeah, I don't believe Hera is as uncouth as everyone believes her to be.  Thats just me.  As far as Loki?  Midunderstood.

Thank y'all again.  Yeah, I know on the Astral they can mess around with you.  Had it happen already, thats why I became very good at reading energy.   Wink

Just to expand upon what I said earlier wrt Hera.  She once told me (do I need to state that this is totally UPG and you should take this w/ a grain of salt?), jokingly, that as long as someone doesn't sleep w/ her husband she is fine with anyone.  I think she does have a sense of humor about the myths that almost always portray her as a vengeful shrew.  It depends on the myths you choose to believe in.  Even though she is seen as someone who persecutes those who did very little to deserve what they got (Herakles f/x) the myths do show something about her character.  She is a very strong and assertive individual who doesn't lie down and take abuse.  In fact I sometimes think she is a more sympathetic character in the myths than Zeus is.

P.S. -- And it's good to see that you made some progress.  Just keep Dania's advice in mind and make sure you know exactly who it is you're dealing with.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 11:12:20 pm by Melamphoros, Reason: to add something » Logged

Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you will make a great sandwich.
My Spiritual Blog
Lokei
Apprentice

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #17: January 29, 2008, 11:14:19 pm »

Funny you mention that! Wink

Cause I told her during my prayer, "I don't believe in those wretched things people think of you as, you aren't THAT mean!"  I was laughing, she was laughing.  Thanks for reaffirming that I did talk to her though.   Grin
Caomi_Brannon
Master Member
Last Login:September 09, 2010, 11:46:07 am

Religion: Leanaí Laochra: Eireannach Tradition

I write, therefore I live.

Blog entries (1)

amma.dennis

Ignore
« Reply #18: January 30, 2008, 12:14:36 am »

Funny you mention that! Wink

Cause I told her during my prayer, "I don't believe in those wretched things people think of you as, you aren't THAT mean!"  I was laughing, she was laughing.  Thanks for reaffirming that I did talk to her though.   Grin

LOL. I tried that bit with Morrigan. She found it quite humorous that I didn't think her mean.

HeartShadow - Cutethulhu
Assistant Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:April 15, 2013, 06:53:07 pm

Religion: FlameKeeper
TCN ID: GenevieveWood

I am the Pirate Teddybear!

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #19: January 30, 2008, 07:56:56 am »

btw, Lokei, please use the quote function when replying, and leave the tag so we get something that looks like what's at the top of my post.

This is how we can tell who you're responding to.  Thanks.

FlameKeeping website: http://www.flamekeeping.org
Lokei
Apprentice

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #20: January 30, 2008, 12:01:12 pm »

Sorry nasty little habit I got into from other forums.
EverFool
Board Staff
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:September 16, 2011, 12:40:01 pm
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: atheist

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #21: January 30, 2008, 12:51:10 pm »

I would meditate, however, I don't want my brain getting involved.  I want the experience to be certain and without doubt.

You don't want to get your bran involved, yet you plan to try a medium that is pretty much exclusively your brain?

Ok, disclaimer first.  I don't believe in Gods, the astral, magic, etc.  So from my perspective the 'astral' stuff is just day-dreaming anyway.  By that definition, you can't hope to *avoid* getting your brain involvd.  It's all that is involved.

Leaving that aside, even in a lot of traditions that believe in the astral there is the concept of entities that deliberately trick you.  There's the notion that they show you what you want to see.  (to me this is code for 'you're day dreaming', but hey.  Different interpretations).  I don't see how 'astral projection' is going to be *more* reliable than meditation.

If anal prolapse teaches us anything, it's that it is what is inside that counts.
Lokei
Apprentice

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #22: January 30, 2008, 01:47:20 pm »

You don't want to get your bran involved, yet you plan to try a medium that is pretty much exclusively your brain?

Ok, disclaimer first.  I don't believe in Gods, the astral, magic, etc.  So from my perspective the 'astral' stuff is just day-dreaming anyway.  By that definition, you can't hope to *avoid* getting your brain involvd.  It's all that is involved.

Leaving that aside, even in a lot of traditions that believe in the astral there is the concept of entities that deliberately trick you.  There's the notion that they show you what you want to see.  (to me this is code for 'you're day dreaming', but hey.  Different interpretations).  I don't see how 'astral projection' is going to be *more* reliable than meditation.

Well.  Its largely in part because I haven't been to the astral in a very long time.  Yes, there are entities that deliberately trick you - who said otherwise?  As I said earlier, I became exceptional at reading other's energy.  I was duped so many times that I had to focus on who was actually who.  Been taken advantage of that way before too.  Thats why I was very hesitant in contacting anyone while meditation.  And then you have experiences like last night, and then dreams that correspond and you're reminded how effective meditation truly is.

Plus, I've had a couple of NDEs, one where I was little and was incognizant of my Grandfather whom died a few days before my birth who greeted me and showed me what would happen if I died or lived.  At age four, you really don't know who comprises of your family besides those that you already saw.

If you've been to the Astral, yeah you can easily be duped.  But you can also do a lot more there than you can here, and when you see the physical returns from your adventures there - you realize it isn't a day dream.  Or if you study at a temple in your dreams there, the list is endless.

I've just had bad experiences with meditation.  Thats why my preference is the Astral.  I hope this clarifies why I made my statement I don't want my *brain* involved.  I don't want to be consciously aware that it could be my brain is in lieu what I'm saying.  I don't want to experience doubt.  That should clear it up.
Noctiluca
Apprentice
Last Login:March 03, 2008, 05:23:34 pm
Iceland Iceland

Religion: Heathen Witch

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #23: January 31, 2008, 08:49:44 am »

Personally, I agree with the person who said that the deities are Gods, not pets that will come to you as you will. Not saying that that's what you think!

I only work with the Norse Gods and when I want to approach them or for them to make direct contact with me, I make it very well known. I pray, do rituals, honor them in the form of an object or a statue, give them offerings, do rituals in their honor, etc. I have done this for a long time, so in a way I have a relationship with them already, and it has proven easier for me to approach them after my years of devotion to them.

"Pain asks not to be worshiped. It asks to be faced, lived through and learned from"
EverFool
Board Staff
Staff
High Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #24: January 31, 2008, 12:40:05 pm »

Noctiluca,

Can you please leave the quote code in when you reply to a thread?  Thank you!

If anal prolapse teaches us anything, it's that it is what is inside that counts.
Noctiluca
Apprentice
Last Login:March 03, 2008, 05:23:34 pm
Iceland Iceland

Religion: Heathen Witch

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #25: January 31, 2008, 01:10:27 pm »

Noctiluca,

Can you please leave the quote code in when you reply to a thread?  Thank you!

Okay Tongue I was trying to do that earlier with a post and the post got all messed up.. Am I supposed to leave the whole quote in or just the code?

"Pain asks not to be worshiped. It asks to be faced, lived through and learned from"
HeartShadow - Cutethulhu
Assistant Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:April 15, 2013, 06:53:07 pm

Religion: FlameKeeper
TCN ID: GenevieveWood

I am the Pirate Teddybear!

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #26: January 31, 2008, 01:11:09 pm »

Okay Tongue I was trying to do that earlier with a post and the post got all messed up.. Am I supposed to leave the whole quote in or just the code?

The code is necessary.  The actual quote can be trimmed to whatever is appropriate to the response, or removed entirely.

FlameKeeping website: http://www.flamekeeping.org
EverFool
Board Staff
Staff
High Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #27: January 31, 2008, 01:11:53 pm »

You dont have to leave the whole post in (indeed for longer posts we recommend pruning!), and you dont have to leave any in.  So long as the code is there, we can track the conversation.  What you did when replying to me, for example, was absolutely fine. Smiley

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)