The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
January 31, 2023, 05:45:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 31, 2023, 05:45:00 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Prayer for my marriage  (Read 4377 times)
ShatteredDreams
Senior Newbie
Last Login:March 10, 2008, 02:43:36 pm
United States United States

Religion: Undecided

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: January 30, 2008, 04:28:55 pm »

OK, I have read some of the other posts in this room, and I understand that alot of there prayer requests are of great importance, mostly when involving a child, or sick loved one.  But here is my prayer request.

My husband left me on new years eve.. Moved out a week later.. He was ready to call it quits 100%, but we talked, and he agreed to take time to think.  Well I think there is another woman. So here is my prayer request.  For this other girl, to find someone loving and that will treat her well, other then my husband.  For my husband to remember the love we shared.  And for him to realize that he still loves me enough to make our marriage work, and to come home so we can put this behind us.

I have tried getting others to help me in my prayers.. one woman (online) had me fax her a copy of my drivers license, and then wanted my SSN.. I said no (Sorry, just can't trust just anyone with that info).. She said my husband would be in a accident and it was my fault cause i didnt give her the info.

I have been doing alot of praying on my own, but so far the people on this board seem really nice, and I dont forsee you all asking me for all my personal info, or for me to wire you $300-400 to do a cleansing ceramony for me.

I thank you in advance for your prayers!

Always expect the unexpected

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Ocelot
Cauldron Council
Senior Staff
Adept Member
Last Login:October 02, 2011, 12:45:59 pm

Religion: FlameKeeper

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #1: January 30, 2008, 04:43:27 pm »

First, positive thoughts coming your way. Second, You were right not to give the SSN# obviously a scam, I wouldn't have done the drivers license either. Rule number one - Never give out personal information like that.

Also, I would stay away from people asking for money, most likely, they are just preying upon your sadness and desperation for help. Maybe take some time to reflect on the situation and see what you can do for yourself, and your own wellbeing first.

~<>~ Flame of light, flame of dark, working together, never apart.
Dancing in harmony, balance assured, dark absorbs so light may endure.~<>~

Blog: http://ocelotsden.blogspot.com/
FlameKeeping: http://www.flamekeeping.org/
Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 29, 2013, 09:32:22 pm

Religion: Feral Brighideach
TCN ID: Aster Breo

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #2: January 30, 2008, 05:42:14 pm »

It sounds like you've been through a horrible time.  You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

(((((ShatteredDreams)))))

P.S.  I agree wholeheartedly with Ocelot:  stay away from people asking for money to pray for you, and never give out personal information!!!!!

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place."  ~ George Bernard Shaw
RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:October 30, 2020, 08:18:05 am

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #3: January 30, 2008, 06:01:52 pm »

So here is my prayer request.  For this other girl, to find someone loving and that will treat her well, other then my husband.  For my husband to remember the love we shared.  And for him to realize that he still loves me enough to make our marriage work, and to come home so we can put this behind us.

I'll be happy to prayer for you without any money -- let alone identity theft (I can think of no reason OTHER than identity theft to need your driver's license and SSN to pray for you).

If you'd like to try some magic, you could probably adapt my Bothersome Neighbors Go Away spell to finding a "better person" for this other woman with little effort.

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host
ShatteredDreams
Senior Newbie

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #4: January 31, 2008, 07:34:02 am »

I'll be happy to prayer for you without any money -- let alone identity theft (I can think of no reason OTHER than identity theft to need your driver's license and SSN to pray for you).

If you'd like to try some magic, you could probably adapt my Bothersome Neighbors Go Away spell to finding a "better person" for this other woman with little effort.

Thank you everyone for your prayers.. I placed a fraud report on my credit just in case she had enough info to do something with.  I just wonder how many people have fallen for this.. I almost did, but I did a little research first.  I googled the fax number she gave me (after i faxed my DL though) and found out it was to a staples and not a church! 

Thank you again for your well wishes and prayers and thank you for the spell idea.  I have will have to see how i can tweak it to wish her to find love and happiness in someone other then my husband.

Thank you again!!!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 07:38:54 am by ShatteredDreams, Reason: Add quote » Logged

RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #5: January 31, 2008, 08:17:23 am »

Thank you everyone for your prayers.. I placed a fraud report on my credit just in case she had enough info to do something with.

That was probably a very good idea.

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
rose
High Adept Member
Last Login:September 01, 2011, 10:16:28 pm

Religion: Shakti Wiccan with Reclaiming leanings
TCN ID: rose

Blog entries (0)

rose shannon

Ignore
« Reply #6: January 31, 2008, 09:45:57 am »

My husband left me on new years eve.. Moved out a week later.. He was ready to call it quits 100%, but we talked, and he agreed to take time to think.  Well I think there is another woman. So here is my prayer request.  For this other girl, to find someone loving and that will treat her well, other then my husband.  For my husband to remember the love we shared.  And for him to realize that he still loves me enough to make our marriage work, and to come home so we can put this behind us.

{{{{{{shattereddreams}}}}} You are a wise and generous woman. For many people, an affair like this is a form of temporary insanity, I think that is the case with your husband. I also think you are really right to be responding to it so compassionately, and it says a lot about your strength of heart. Your dh will see that in time.

I have been doing alot of praying on my own, but so far the people on this board seem really nice, and I dont forsee you all asking me for all my personal info, or for me to wire you $300-400 to do a cleansing ceremony for me.

heh...if they did, I expect some mod or another would bust them pretty quick. Wink Glad you didn't get burned!

Goddess grant me:
  The power of Water,
  to accept with ease & grace what I cannot change.

The power of Fire,
  for the energy & courage to change the things I can.

The power of Air,
  for the ability and wisdom to know the difference.

And the power of Earth,
  for the strength to continue my path.

http://rosejayadal.blogspot.com/
soulfire
Journeyman
Last Login:December 06, 2010, 02:51:14 pm

Religion: Practical Witch, Healer

Dance Anyway!

Blog entries (5)

Ignore
« Reply #7: January 31, 2008, 12:48:37 pm »

Much prayer and good energy coming your way.  Perhaps changing the energy that you are putting out might also help.  You user name says volumes although I am definitely sending out intent that it be otherwise.  Blessings (((SD)))

**Please PRAY FOR ME.  I'm in the fight of my life right now. Thank you ~SF/K
ShatteredDreams
Senior Newbie

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #8: January 31, 2008, 01:04:27 pm »

Thank you again, for all your positive energy and prayers that you are sending my way.  It means alot to me. 
Randalls - I printed out  your spell.  Is it ok, if i work on the wording and PM it to you, so you can give me any insight if there is a way to improve it, or if it seems good enough how i wrote it.  I didnt want to just PM you without asking your permission first.

Thank you again.. so so much...

EverFool
Board Staff
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:September 16, 2011, 12:40:01 pm
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: atheist

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #9: January 31, 2008, 01:09:29 pm »

Im not Randall, but on his behalf...  Randall doesn't like PMs.  I don't know if he'd help yo with your wording, but if you do send it, do it via email, not PM. Smiley

If anal prolapse teaches us anything, it's that it is what is inside that counts.
ShatteredDreams
Senior Newbie

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #10: January 31, 2008, 01:16:07 pm »

Im not Randall, but on his behalf...  Randall doesn't like PMs.  I don't know if he'd help yo with your wording, but if you do send it, do it via email, not PM. Smiley

Thanks for the heads up!  If he says it is ok, i will email it to him..

Thanks again everyone!

RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #11: January 31, 2008, 05:33:57 pm »

Is it ok, if i work on the wording and PM it to you, so you can give me any insight if there is a way to improve it, or if it seems good enough how i wrote it.

Like Everfool said, I hate PMs, so email it to me (the little envelope in any message from me will take you to a form that you can email me from) and please include the spell in the text of the email. If it comes attached in a word document or the like, I'll never remember to actually open it and read it.

Randall

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)