The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
July 11, 2020, 10:09:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 11, 2020, 10:09:15 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Poll
Question: At which age did you start researching Paganism?
I was raised Pagan - 2 (0.9%)
younger than 12 - 29 (13.7%)
12-14 - 61 (28.8%)
15-17 - 51 (24.1%)
18-21 - 34 (16%)
22-25 - 16 (7.5%)
26-29 - 6 (2.8%)
30-34 - 3 (1.4%)
35-39 - 2 (0.9%)
40-49 - 6 (2.8%)
50 and older - 2 (0.9%)
Total Voters: 209

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: At which age did you start researching Paganism?  (Read 42190 times)
Browen
Journeyman
Last Login:April 04, 2010, 09:21:31 pm
United States United States

Religion: Pagan
TCN ID: BrandyNFerrell

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #165: September 19, 2009, 12:37:27 am »

I started about 13 or 14. I'm 22 now getting ready to turn 23 in a few months.

Although I started researching early and have been on-and-off for several months, I've just recently decided it is right for me.

I did the same thing. I started studying early (12-13 ish), then decided that I wanted to be Christian. I've only truly decided that this is what I want about 2 years ago.

We are what we think...
All that we are, arises with our thoughts.
With our thoughts
We make our world
- Buddha

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

ShadowedShi
Senior Newbie
Last Login:January 11, 2010, 05:49:16 am

Religion: General Pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #166: September 19, 2009, 01:10:27 am »

I wonder when you all started, I'm 25 now.
I started really looking into it when I was 13. I had been Mormon (as my whole family currently is) but dropped out of that when I was about 12 because it just didn't feel right. I then met a guy who claimed to be Wiccan, but I wonder if now, 3 years later he'd still claim the same thing.

I was a huge Charmed fan growing up, so I'd heard about Wicca before. The friend I had at the time really sparked my interest and for a while I played a fluffy bunny role, but something told me it wasn't right. (This was a bit before my 13th birthday, maybe a month or two) and on Imbolc of that year I started REALLY studying.

I made the mistake of telling my mom I was getting into it and she flipped out on me. As most parents have been known to do. Around when I was near 15 I fell off of the path a bit and am now starting to step back into it because my life lost all sense of order it once had. This felt like the right time to get back into studying and I've been reading around here the past couple days.

So there's my story. Suppose it could be 13, or 16 for me.
Shadowolf
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:June 21, 2011, 12:05:12 am

Religion: Pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #167: September 19, 2009, 01:55:57 am »

I was in my late teens when I began actually studying witchcraft but realize now that I was always a Pagan.  Of course I was born in '49, so persueing any alternative from the "norm" was not easy.  I thought I was just a weird kid. I vaguely remember being able to levitate at the age of 2 1/2-3,and always had the feeling that I was from another place and time. In my earlier teens I could predict the future and what people were going to say before they said it. I was always connected to the earth and the elements, but I drifted in and out for several years.  I think now that it may be genetic memory or re-incarnation but I have always lived Pagan even if I was not aware of formally studying or practicing it.  In the past 15years or so. I have done a lot of reading and have become much more aware of myself. 
MidSummer RagDolly
Apprentice
Last Login:June 29, 2011, 11:27:44 pm

Religion: Eclectic Wiccan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #168: September 22, 2009, 03:59:37 pm »

I was about ten years old when things in my then religion, I was raised until that point Methodist, started not making sense. I had always had a Grandmother who was into non-traditional beliefs and my mother has Buddhist and Native American leanings, so I started asking questions and researching ( even my father was supportive) I landed in a general 'Pagan' category and have since then come to embrace Wicca. I'm 19 now.

Love does not begin and end the way we seem to think it does. Love is a battle, love is a war, love is a growing up. -James Baldwin

Forever and a day <3

Blog:
http://midsummerragdolly.wordpress.com/
Spectacular Views
Journeyman
Last Login:June 10, 2013, 02:21:49 am

Religion: Can being confused count as a religion?
TCN ID: SpectacularViews

Gravatar

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #169: September 22, 2009, 05:18:06 pm »

I read a little about in my late teen years, but only started serious research about a year ago so 23 for me.
Owl
Adept Member
Last Login:March 07, 2012, 02:46:28 pm

Religion: Hedgewitch?

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #170: September 22, 2009, 07:24:58 pm »

Don't you think it's possible for teenagers to take an interest in Paganism without it being a sign of rebelliousness?

Sunflower

It was curiosity for me - not rebellion.  First glimmer was maybe at 14 - 37 years ago.

AntlerandHerb.com
Lovesdalionking
Master Member
Last Login:July 06, 2011, 04:39:44 pm

Religion: Searching Solitary Human Being

You are beautiful, no matter what

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #171: May 06, 2010, 03:22:40 pm »

I really don't remember....I think paganism really has been a huge part of my life, but I just never saw it that way. I just thought it was "spiritual" or "magic". Tongue

I think I started to REALLY get into it when I was around 15, so that would be two years ago...
Firaza
Master Member
Last Login:July 04, 2011, 08:59:38 pm

Religion: Modern Kemetic

Soul to heaven, body to earth.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #172: May 06, 2010, 03:36:37 pm »

I started when I was 14. I'm 20 now, soon to be 21, but I spent most of those years as an atheist.

Monica M.
Adept Member
Last Login:August 02, 2011, 01:59:15 am
Australia Australia

Religion: trying to figure it out

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #173: May 06, 2010, 09:03:49 pm »

I started when I was 16 and am now 28. I wouldn't call what I did research but I was a wiccan however fluffy so I still consider that the start.
DeCarabas
Apprentice
Last Login:June 18, 2010, 12:07:28 pm

Religion: Kemetic/Heathen

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #174: May 06, 2010, 10:23:57 pm »

6 or 12, depending on how I look at it.

6 is when my mom taught me about Egypt, and I decided to turn my playhouse into a temple to Bast, had my first vision, quit sunday school, and argued that reincarnation just plain made more sense, conservation of energy and all that.

12 is when I found the New Age section of the bookstore, realized that people actually do still worship the old gods, and learned the terms "pagan" and "Wicca."
Darkmoondog
Journeyman
Last Login:August 03, 2011, 09:28:10 am

Religion: Green Witch

Gravatar

Blog entries (2)

darkmoondog@darkmoondog

Ignore
« Reply #175: December 28, 2010, 11:44:53 pm »

I read a little about in my late teen years, but only started serious research about a year ago so 23 for me.

I was going to say late teens but it was earlier than that even. Before I could read or write, I must have been 3 or 4 years old. My mother would take my brother and I to  nearby park that was dedicated to all the International cultures and architecture. Iao Valley on Maui has a heritage park. I remember running from building to building and praying.Then listening for voices of the different cultural gods.

I haven't changed much.

Green Witch- I worship the ground you walk on.
Satsekhem
High Adept Member
Last Login:October 16, 2011, 11:51:56 am

Religion: Something? Somewhere?

I rock so hardcore.

Blog entries (0)

aubs.taylor

Ignore
« Reply #176: December 29, 2010, 09:45:22 am »

I started doing the research at nineteen or so when it was first mentioned to me. I didn't start actively practicing until I was twenty-two.

Sekhemib-Nymaatre; spiritual blog.
Thanks For All the Fish; opinionated ranty blog.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be. - Douglas Adams
FelineWolf
Apprentice
Last Login:December 21, 2011, 07:29:23 am
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: something like a pagan quaker thing

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #177: December 29, 2010, 10:34:35 am »

Started doing the fluffy bunny wicca bit at 11, since then its ebbed and flowed, I kind of view now as starting over a little, but 11 was when it began.

I saw your shiny dragons and wanted one of my own, see already this forum is a bad influence :p and seeing as it's all your fault in the first place I think perhaps you should click!
LuciaStar
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:December 26, 2012, 10:11:48 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: Undecided/Eclectic Pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #178: February 13, 2011, 08:07:29 am »

When I was 15. 8D I felt displeased about Christianity and didn't understand why there was no Goddess. I was a bit (immaturely) angry and decided to find a religion that had a goddess figure in it. Then, I found Wicca. As Goddess-centric I was, it didn't feel right to me to call myself as such and eventually, I accepted the God more. (.. the funny thing is, I find myself drawn more to Gods than Goddesses now. >_>)

I was never really raised in a religion anyways and I remember loving Greek and Egyptian mythology. Greek and Egypt were my two main interests as a kid.

So, I was 15 when I researched (and started walking the path) Paganism. Went on and off a few times because different ideas draw me in... -sigh-
Most of those time I was still really Pagan deep down. :/

I'm 19 now if anyone is wondering.

Waldfrau
High Adept Member
Last Login:January 02, 2013, 06:41:55 pm
Germany Germany

Religion: polytheistic witch leaning towards Reclaiming
TCN ID: Waldfrau

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #179: February 13, 2011, 01:01:39 pm »

I'm 28 now. Hello, younger me.

Nice to see this thread still going.

My blog: http://waldhexe.wordpress.com/ (English and German entries)

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)