The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
June 23, 2021, 07:33:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2021, 07:33:22 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Most Annoying TV Personalities  (Read 14537 times)
Melamphoros
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:March 28, 2015, 11:01:26 pm
United States United States

Religion: Informed Eclectic with Hellenic Overtones
TCN ID: Melamphoros

Kiss My Scythe

Blog entries (0)

« Topic Start: February 04, 2008, 09:25:58 pm »

(note: this thread is mainly for laughs.  I am not intentionally being malicious towards those I mention even though it may come off that way)

This thread idea was inspired by watching one too many commercials featuring Billy Mays (of OxiClean fame).  So my question to you is who is in your top five or ten list of the TV personalities that you love to hate?

Here is my top ten (in no particular order):

1. Billy Mays.  His approach to selling is just plain annoying.

2. Donald Trump.  Sure he owns a significant chunk of Manhattan and Atlantic City.  But that's no excuse for him to act as though he is God.  His arrogance is just off putting.  And while I'm at it...

3. Rosie O'Donnell.  We get it.  You're a pissed off lesbian who sees intolerance and injustice around every corner.  You can shut up now.

4. Paris Hilton.  Need I say more?

5. Rachel Ray, Giada De Laurentes and most of the other people who have their own show on the Food Network.

6. Perez Hilton.  Yes, Vh1 gave the Hollywood blogger and professional outer or celebrities a series of shows where he interviews celebrities.

7. Sherri Shepherd, the latest co-hostess of The View.  If you know nothing about her, please look here to see why I don't like her.

8. Sylvia Browne and David Acorah.  These two have much in common.  One, they both claim to be psychics.  Two, they both sound like they smoked one pack too many.  And three, they're both (imo) frauds.

9. Pat Robinson.  I don't think I need to explain why I don't like him because it's a given.  I'll also lump most televangelist and the people at Fox News in this spot.

10. Fiona Horne.  Yes the hot, blonde, Aussie version of Mama $ilver was once on a reality show on the Scifi Channel.  I think that counts.

Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you will make a great sandwich.
My Spiritual Blog

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Adoratrix
Journeyman
Last Login:April 15, 2008, 01:11:00 am
Canada Canada

Religion: Kemetic Reformed

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #1: February 04, 2008, 09:31:45 pm »

(note: this thread is mainly for laughs.  I am not intentionally being malicious towards those I mention even though it may come off that way)

This thread idea was inspired by watching one too many commercials featuring Billy Mays (of OxiClean fame).  So my question to you is who is in your top five or ten list of the TV personalities that you love to hate?

Here is my top ten (in no particular order):

1. Billy Mays.  His approach to selling is just plain annoying.

2. Donald Trump.  Sure he owns a significant chunk of Manhattan and Atlantic City.  But that's no excuse for him to act as though he is God.  His arrogance is just off putting.  And while I'm at it...

3. Rosie O'Donnell.  We get it.  You're a pissed off lesbian who sees intolerance and injustice around every corner.  You can shut up now.

4. Paris Hilton.  Need I say more?

5. Rachel Ray, Giada De Laurentes and most of the other people who have their own show on the Food Network.

6. Perez Hilton.  Yes, Vh1 gave the Hollywood blogger and professional outer or celebrities a series of shows where he interviews celebrities.

7. Sherri Shepherd, the latest co-hostess of The View.  If you know nothing about her, please look here to see why I don't like her.

8. Sylvia Browne and David Acorah.  These two have much in common.  One, they both claim to be psychics.  Two, they both sound like they smoked one pack too many.  And three, they're both (imo) frauds.

9. Pat Robinson.  I don't think I need to explain why I don't like him because it's a given.  I'll also lump most televangelist and the people at Fox News in this spot.

10. Fiona Horne.  Yes the hot, blonde, Aussie version of Mama $ilver was once on a reality show on the Scifi Channel.  I think that counts.

Almost every MuchMusic host grates my ears right now. They didn't sound that vapid back in my day, lemme tell ya! *shakes fist*

In a similar vein, Rick Campanelli on ET Canada. He went from being a bright and talented Much VJ back in the good ol' days to being a bottomfeeding celeb "news" reporter. Just...stop.

I'm putting Clinton Kelly on watch, though. I was watching him and Stacey go through the Miss America contestants' luggage and he bordered on out-of-line for about 80% of it.
LyricFox
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:September 04, 2011, 02:39:11 pm

Religion: Lapsed Hellenic Reconstructionist

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #2: February 04, 2008, 10:19:20 pm »

I love FoodTV and there are a lot of celebrity chefs that I love to watch and really admire. Rachel Ray and Anthony Bourdain are the exceptions. I absolutely loathe them.

Visit The Breast Cancer Site & Click to fund free Mammograms
Hosts' Store: Doxy's Bazaar (w/Pagan Items)
Need Web Hosting? See The Cheap Web Hosting Report
rose
High Adept Member
Last Login:September 01, 2011, 10:16:28 pm

Religion: Shakti Wiccan with Reclaiming leanings
TCN ID: rose

Blog entries (0)

rose shannon

Ignore
« Reply #3: February 04, 2008, 10:56:34 pm »

I love FoodTV and there are a lot of celebrity chefs that I love to watch and really admire. Rachel Ray and Anthony Bourdain are the exceptions. I absolutely loathe them.

Anthony Bourdain is at least cute. The one that is really annoying is that other guy, the one that eats really weird gross food all over the world. And Emeril. Ew, he's weird.

Goddess grant me:
  The power of Water,
  to accept with ease & grace what I cannot change.

The power of Fire,
  for the energy & courage to change the things I can.

The power of Air,
  for the ability and wisdom to know the difference.

And the power of Earth,
  for the strength to continue my path.

http://rosejayadal.blogspot.com/
LyricFox
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:September 04, 2011, 02:39:11 pm

Religion: Lapsed Hellenic Reconstructionist

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #4: February 04, 2008, 11:16:57 pm »

Anthony Bourdain is at least cute. The one that is really annoying is that other guy, the one that eats really weird gross food all over the world. And Emeril. Ew, he's weird.

Oh Emeril I love. Love his recipes, too.

Visit The Breast Cancer Site & Click to fund free Mammograms
Hosts' Store: Doxy's Bazaar (w/Pagan Items)
Need Web Hosting? See The Cheap Web Hosting Report
rose
High Adept Member
Last Login:September 01, 2011, 10:16:28 pm

Religion: Shakti Wiccan with Reclaiming leanings
TCN ID: rose

Blog entries (0)

rose shannon

Ignore
« Reply #5: February 04, 2008, 11:30:39 pm »

Hef's #1, Holly. Can't stand her. And every single E! person there is. Ick.

Goddess grant me:
  The power of Water,
  to accept with ease & grace what I cannot change.

The power of Fire,
  for the energy & courage to change the things I can.

The power of Air,
  for the ability and wisdom to know the difference.

And the power of Earth,
  for the strength to continue my path.

http://rosejayadal.blogspot.com/
Melamphoros
Staff
Grand Adept Member

Kiss My Scythe

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #6: February 04, 2008, 11:36:19 pm »

Hef's #1, Holly. Can't stand her. And every single E! person there is. Ick.

How could I forget about the people on E!?  Although The Simple Life is on there now so I guess I can throw them in the Paris entry.

After I made my list I said to myself, "You forgot Tyra!"  So Tyra Banks with all of her egotistical bs is in my #11 spot.

My Spiritual Blog
Melamphoros
Staff
Grand Adept Member

Kiss My Scythe

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #7: February 04, 2008, 11:41:27 pm »

I can't stand many of them for various reasons.  I hate Rachel's annoying little catchphrases.  Giada and Mario tend to over pronounce the names of what their cooking.  Emeril is okay and I admire him but he does get a bit carried away on his live show.  The same holds true for Paula Deen.  In general the only one that I actually like and think his show is entertaining is Alton Brown.

My Spiritual Blog
Marilyn (ABSENTMINDED)
Assistant Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:February 06, 2013, 08:12:28 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: free-flowing animist, Dudeist Priest
TCN ID: Absentminded

Blog entries (11)

« Reply #8: February 05, 2008, 12:00:30 am »

Pat Robinson.  I don't think I need to explain why I don't like him because it's a given.  I'll also lump most televangelist and the people at Fox News in this spot.

Er... Do you mean Pat Robertson?  I know, you loathe him so much you have deliberately forgotten his name so he can't live on!  I must have done the same thing, since even though it looked 'wrong' to me, I still had to google before picking this nit.

Absent

"There's nothing wrong with you that reincarnation won't cure."
- Jack E. Leonard

Blessed are the cracked, for it is they who let in the light.

Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in

L Cohen
Marilyn (ABSENTMINDED)
Assistant Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:February 06, 2013, 08:12:28 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: free-flowing animist, Dudeist Priest
TCN ID: Absentminded

Blog entries (11)

« Reply #9: February 05, 2008, 12:03:36 am »

They didn't sound that vapid back in my day, lemme tell ya! *shakes fist*

I couldn't find your age in your profile, but if 'your day' was anywhere near 'my day', may I mention  Erica Uhm and Jeanie Pecker?

Although at least Erica Uhm was entertaining - "And now lets see this video from The Breakfast Track Sound Club'.

Absent

"There's nothing wrong with you that reincarnation won't cure."
- Jack E. Leonard

Blessed are the cracked, for it is they who let in the light.

Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in

L Cohen
Lorrie Indigo
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:March 03, 2008, 11:30:33 pm

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #10: February 05, 2008, 12:13:50 am »

Anthony Bourdain is at least cute.

Are you referring to his behavior? If so, that seems very odd to me since he's an admitted ex-drug addict. Plus, he's a tough New Yorker who loves punk rock music. His books are pretty raw too.....

That doesn't sound like "cute" to me...But my boyfriend and I do like him and watch his show every week.
Starglade
Adept Member
Last Login:April 02, 2012, 03:07:59 pm

Religion: Tibetan Buddhist
TCN ID: Starglade

Life is a work in progress.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #11: February 05, 2008, 07:15:02 am »

I don't care one way or another about her. However--I find Anthony an absolute hoot to listen to. His rants just crack me up. (Like the one when he exited the Icelandic spa where he'd gotten a cleansing mineral mud treatment--and he was off about having to be deliberately unhealthy to counterbalance it, and making a great show of lighting up and dragging deep... I was starting to hyperventilate the first time I saw that one. Now, I just laugh. A lot. Loudly.) It's his personality (and the fact I find his looks VERY attractive) that gets me, every time.

Not that I'd want him for my buddy. He's too abrasive for me to be around 24/7. But that hour a week? I'm so there.

The source of all misery in the world lies in thinking of oneself. The source of all happiness lies in thinking of others. -- Shantideva

My public transcript is available for viewing.
http://www.brainbench.com/transcript.jsp?pid=7189853
Melamphoros
Staff
Grand Adept Member

Kiss My Scythe

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #12: February 05, 2008, 07:47:10 am »

Er... Do you mean Pat Robertson?  I know, you loathe him so much you have deliberately forgotten his name so he can't live on!  I must have done the same thing, since even though it looked 'wrong' to me, I still had to google before picking this nit.

That sounds better than never getting his name right Cheesy  Who knows, I may subconsciously be trying to get him cease to be just like Gary Ballwell and Ted Felt.  I think Pyperlie corrected the exact same mistake in a conversation I had with her.

My Spiritual Blog
Star
Message Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 12, 2013, 08:36:08 am

Religion: Hellenic Reconstructionist
TCN ID: star

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #13: February 05, 2008, 08:38:56 am »

Rachael I'm totally with you on.  Giada used to annoy the hell out of me, but she's grown on me (other than, as someone else mentioned, her tendancy to over-pronounce Italian words--OK, you were born in Italy, I get it).  Emeril I think was interesting in the beginning, but I'm finding him overdone now (though I do still use some of his recipes).  Bobby Flay has always struck me as rather arrogant, and I've never really liked him.  Paula Deen is just kind of a little too over-the-top down-home-Southern for my tastes.

Sandra Lee is my #1 FoodTV (and probably any-TV) irritation, though.  I hate what she does to food.  She does exactly the opposite of what I want from a cooking show; she makes me not want to bother, rather than inspiring me.

As to some of the other nominees from the thread:  I'm with Karen, I like Bourdain...  for an hour a week.  I would absolutely not want to actually have any acquaintance with the guy, but watching him on TV for an hour a week I like.  (That said, I can understand why some people dislike him, too.)  Tyra Banks is so ridiculous at this point that I can't even take her seriously enough to be annoyed with her.  When it's running, Hubby and I watch America's Next Top Model just to laugh at how seriously the show and Tyra take themselves.

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Main Blog:  Star's Journal of Random Thoughts
Religious Blog:  The Song and the Flame
I can also now be found on Goodreads.
Star
Message Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 12, 2013, 08:36:08 am

Religion: Hellenic Reconstructionist
TCN ID: star

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #14: February 05, 2008, 08:40:48 am »

That doesn't sound like "cute" to me...

I think that was "cute" as in "physically attractive".  Wink  Although I could be wrong.

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Main Blog:  Star's Journal of Random Thoughts
Religious Blog:  The Song and the Flame
I can also now be found on Goodreads.

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)