The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
October 23, 2019, 09:58:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2019, 09:58:38 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Sexuality and Paganism  (Read 9513 times)
wisdomsbane
Adept Member
Last Login:November 23, 2008, 08:14:43 pm
United States United States

Religion: "generic" pagan/pathfinder

"Meh, humans, blech!"

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #30: July 09, 2008, 02:09:47 am »

What if sexuality doesn't matter and the leader doesn't want to know?

I am, arguably, a spiritual leader.  And, quite frankly, I can't see where people's sexuality matters a damn unless they're running into problems.  I don't care if someone's gay, straight, transgender, etc.  I care that the person is comfortable with themselves and honest with themselves, but after that?  Not my problem!

Does it HAVE to matter?

I don't think it should matter, I was talking about the idea of the rituals, from what little I have seen so far of your path, none of it involves ritual sex, or even intimate touching so in your case it wouldn't matter, unless of course the person felt that they needed to talk to you about something important related to both religion and their sexuality.  My point was, even if you never do feel the need to talk to your spiritual leaders of it, you should not feel uncomfortable talking to them about it if the need arises for whatever reason.  Does that make sense?  I don't think I even understood what I was saying exactly... hope yall do.

What you think is possible.  Anything that is possible can become real.  Therefore, reality is a state of mind.
My Writings So Far

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

wisdomsbane
Adept Member
Last Login:November 23, 2008, 08:14:43 pm

Religion: "generic" pagan/pathfinder

"Meh, humans, blech!"

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #31: July 09, 2008, 02:15:31 am »

That's something that I have always pondered; whether deities are truly genderless or not.

My deities appear as male and female to me, but I know that this is just my mind personifying them as it makes them much easier to relate and connect to. The feeling that I get from my female deity is very much a nurturing one- a quality that is associated with the female/feminine. Yet I don't necessarily see a link between the two. I don't enjoy the idea of categorising all qualities into the boxes of 'feminine' and 'masculine'. It's severely limiting. Not only to the deities, but to humans also.

I often here people talking of 'being in touch with their feminine side' or their 'masculine side'. It frustrates me, as when it comes down to it I have absolutely no idea what this means.

I think the whole feminine and masculine side are ideas based on the "accepted roles" of males vs. females in society.  Thus, a man who can see the romance in a moonlight serenade without wanting "some" is more intouch with his feminine side, and a 5'1", 110 lb. woman who can climb into the engine housing of an '89 Ford Bronco to get to the distributor without whining about the icky grease getting on her clothes is more intouch with her masculine side.  (Hehe, I love making men's eyes bug out, the above was me this past saturday...my hubby is used to me, his best friend... not so much.)

I think, too that societal norms are changing, they are becoming less polarized.  You don't see as much shock in people when they find a woman going out and working while the husband stays home and takes care of the kids, and it's not so odd to find men and women in positions traditionally held by the other.  I guess what determines the "feminin side" vs. the "masculine side" is purely in our heads, or rather in the heads of those who decide what is and is not normal for people.  As I tend not to believe in normality as a functional attribute of any person, I don't really fall for the whole thing myself.  To quote Popeye, "Iyam, what I yam, and that's all what I yam."
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 02:20:01 am by wisdomsbane, Reason: content » Logged

What you think is possible.  Anything that is possible can become real.  Therefore, reality is a state of mind.
My Writings So Far
HeartShadow - Cutethulhu
Assistant Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:April 15, 2013, 06:53:07 pm

Religion: FlameKeeper
TCN ID: GenevieveWood

I am the Pirate Teddybear!

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #32: July 09, 2008, 07:38:12 am »

I don't think it should matter, I was talking about the idea of the rituals, from what little I have seen so far of your path, none of it involves ritual sex, or even intimate touching so in your case it wouldn't matter, unless of course the person felt that they needed to talk to you about something important related to both religion and their sexuality.  My point was, even if you never do feel the need to talk to your spiritual leaders of it, you should not feel uncomfortable talking to them about it if the need arises for whatever reason.  Does that make sense?  I don't think I even understood what I was saying exactly... hope yall do.

okay, that makes a LOT more sense to me.  Thanks.

I do agree that you should be comfortable with your spiritual leaders.  I just ....

I don't WANT to know! Cheesy  *crawls back under her box*

FlameKeeping website: http://www.flamekeeping.org

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)