The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
May 11, 2021, 09:23:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2021, 09:23:22 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: One Spirit  (Read 2346 times)
Lorrie Indigo
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:March 03, 2008, 11:30:33 pm
United States United States

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: February 08, 2008, 09:22:00 pm »

What do everyone think of the One Spirit book club? I was a member many years ago, and today, in my snail-mail, I received an invitation to join again. I've always liked the club; they also sell cards, boards, and souvenir type items.

There was no online service when I was a member years ago; now they are on the Internet at: www.JoinOneSpirit.com

(click on name on top of the page to get to the home page.)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 09:25:49 pm by Lorrie Indigo » Logged

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:October 30, 2020, 08:18:05 am

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #1: February 08, 2008, 09:33:39 pm »

What do everyone think of the One Spirit book club? I was a member many years ago, and today, in my snail-mail, I received an invitation to join again. I've always liked the club; they also sell cards, boards, and souvenir type items.

I've never been much for book clubs. Probably because I've always lived near good bookstores.

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host
Dania
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 17, 2008, 08:11:47 pm

Religion: Gwyddon Seeker

Queen of Hare-Brained Schemes

Blog entries (4)

Ignore
« Reply #2: February 08, 2008, 09:36:17 pm »

My mom is a member. They've got some cool stuff. A TON of new age fluff, but occasionally something good. We've never, if ever, ordered anything from them recently though. (We basically take the "freebies" and "good deals" when signing up, then never order anything again from book clubs. Grin)

yewberry
Adept Member
Last Login:August 02, 2014, 04:15:33 pm

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #3: February 08, 2008, 09:59:50 pm »

It looks a touch...sweetness and light for me.  But, then, I've never found a book club I liked.  Maybe I will someday...but I seriously doubt it.  I can't imagine a club that offers the latest Chuck Palahniuk one month, and a decent Thai vegan cookbook the next.  Not.  Gonna.  Happen.  Wink

Brina
LyricFox
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:September 04, 2011, 02:39:11 pm

Religion: Lapsed Hellenic Reconstructionist

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #4: February 08, 2008, 10:00:55 pm »

I've never been much for book clubs. Probably because I've always lived near good bookstores.

This group used to send me crap all the time. Course, I was a cookbook of the month subscriber (and a couple of other clubs), so I'm pretty sure that's where they got my name. I never saw anything there worth paying for really. Far too new age for me.

Visit The Breast Cancer Site & Click to fund free Mammograms
Hosts' Store: Doxy's Bazaar (w/Pagan Items)
Need Web Hosting? See The Cheap Web Hosting Report
Lorrie Indigo
Senior Apprentice

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #5: February 08, 2008, 10:13:30 pm »

It looks a touch...sweetness and light for me. 

They do have other kinds of books available besides the New Age sweet and light stuff....There are a few things I'd like to have, but I'll probably check them out at Amazon to see if I can get a better deal then joining with an obligation to buy X amount of books in X amount of years.

I've really been into Maneki Neko Cats lately, and I see they have one available. I suppose I'll see a ton of them when I go to China (Although they are originally from Japan). So I could wait to possibly check many out there.
Jenett
High Adept Member
Last Login:February 23, 2020, 06:56:44 pm

Religion: Priestess in initiatory religious witchcraft tradition

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #6: February 08, 2008, 11:22:44 pm »

I've really been into Maneki Neko Cats lately, and I see they have one available. I suppose I'll see a ton of them when I go to China (Although they are originally from Japan). So I could wait to possibly check many out there.

They are really easy to come by there. (My work's 'library cat' is a maneki neko, brought back by a teacher friend of my boss's  who's been in China several times in the last few years. Since bringing in the furry kind of cat is problematic. It's a great conversation starter: it lives in our front display window.)

Blog: Thoughts from a threshold: http://gleewood.org/threshold
Info for seekers: http://gleewood.org/seeking
Pagan books and resources: http://gleewood.org/books
Lorrie Indigo
Senior Apprentice

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #7: February 08, 2008, 11:32:00 pm »

They are really easy to come by there. (My work's 'library cat' is a maneki neko, brought back by a teacher friend of my boss's  who's been in China several times in the last few years. Since bringing in the furry kind of cat is problematic. It's a great conversation starter: it lives in our front display window.)

Cool. Thanks for the info.

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)