The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
April 02, 2020, 12:27:30 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 02, 2020, 12:27:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Healing Work by the Cauldron Cill  (Read 3976 times)
Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 29, 2013, 09:32:22 pm
United States United States

Religion: Feral Brighideach
TCN ID: Aster Breo

Blog entries (0)

« Topic Start: March 27, 2007, 07:29:13 pm »

ADDENDUM 6 DEC 09:  Much of the info in this post is from the original system we had set up to handle healing requests, and may no longer apply.  For more info see Reply #3 below. - Sunflower

For those of you who are not familiar with it, the Cauldron has Special Interest Group (SIG) dedicated to Brighid, called a Cill.  Info on the Cill can be found at http://www.ecauldron.com/cm-cauldroncill.php and the SIG threads are at http://www.ecauldron.net/forum/index.php?board=61.0 .

Because Brighid is strongly associated with healing, many members of the Cill found themselves called to do healing work during their shifts (the times they have set aside for Brighid).  As a group, we decided to try to organize and focus this healing work, so we could maximize its benefit.

The Cill has developed guidelines for Cill members who wish to participate in this healing work.  They can be found at http://www.ecauldron.net/forum/index.php?topic=400.0;p=8 .

If you read the guidelines, you will see that the Cill decided to set up a Cill Healing Request List (as a Google spreadsheet).  The purpose of the Cill list is to organize prayer requests so that all members of the Cill who are participating in the healing work are all working from the same list.

Since the Cauldron already has this thread in which members can request healing prayers and energy, we thought it would make sense to draw requests from this thread, as well as to accept requests directly onto the Cill's list.

This post is to let people know the Cill will be doing this healing work.

However, we are aware that some people who post in this thread requesting positive energy and good thoughts are not necessarily comfortable with *prayers* made on their behalf to pagan deities.  Therefore, to avoid any misunderstandings or ill will, the Cill will ONLY draw from this thread requests that specify *healing prayers*.

Cill members may then use those requests for healing prayers in their healing work, by offering prayers to Brighid or by positive energy work or through other healing methods, as determined by the individual Cill members.

Of course, anyone is free to specify that they DO NOT want the Cill to place their request from this thread onto the Cill's healing list, and we will certainly honor that.

If you have any questions about the Cill or its healing work, please PM or email me or Guenthecat.

Thanks.

Edited to add a sentence that somehow got lost in the ether.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 07:36:27 am by SunflowerP, Reason: Adding addendum at top of post » Logged

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place."  ~ George Bernard Shaw

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

PorcelainRose
Senior Newbie
Last Login:February 25, 2008, 02:19:52 pm

Religion: Wiccan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #1: February 23, 2008, 11:59:41 am »

For those of you who are not familiar with it, the Cauldron has Special Interest Group (SIG) dedicated to Brighid, called a Cill.  Info on the Cill can be found at http://www.ecauldron.com/cm-cauldroncill.php and the SIG threads are at http://www.ecauldron.net/forum/index.php?board=61.0 .

Because Brighid is strongly associated with healing, many members of the Cill found themselves called to do healing work during their shifts (the times they have set aside for Brighid).  As a group, we decided to try to organize and focus this healing work, so we could maximize its benefit.

The Cill has developed guidelines for Cill members who wish to participate in this healing work.  They can be found at http://www.ecauldron.net/forum/index.php?topic=400.0;p=8 .

If you read the guidelines, you will see that the Cill decided to set up a Cill Healing Request List (as a Google spreadsheet).  The purpose of the Cill list is to organize prayer requests so that all members of the Cill who are participating in the healing work are all working from the same list.

Since the Cauldron already has this thread in which members can request healing prayers and energy, we thought it would make sense to draw requests from this thread, as well as to accept requests directly onto the Cill's list.

This post is to let people know the Cill will be doing this healing work.

However, we are aware that some people who post in this thread requesting positive energy and good thoughts are not necessarily comfortable with *prayers* made on their behalf to pagan deities.  Therefore, to avoid any misunderstandings or ill will, the Cill will ONLY draw from this thread requests that specify *healing prayers*.

Cill members may then use those requests for healing prayers in their healing work, by offering prayers to Brighid or by positive energy work or through other healing methods, as determined by the individual Cill members.

Of course, anyone is free to specify that they DO NOT want the Cill to place their request from this thread onto the Cill's healing list, and we will certainly honor that.

If you have any questions about the Cill or its healing work, please PM or email me or Guenthecat.

Thanks.

Edited to add a sentence that somehow got lost in the ether.

requesting healing prayers, PLEASE
My Situation.
I am 21 years old, For the last year I have been in and out of many hospitals all over the country, feb. last year i was diagnosed with a bone disease called Osteomyltis, this specific strain is affecting my lower spine. During my time in the hospitals,  my kidneys failed i was flatelined for 30 min, i was then succcesfully put on life support for two weeks and it took awhile for me to function normally aagain because of the loss of oxygen to my brain But i did come out without need further kidney treatments or speach therapy.. Later after an MRI and CT scan the doctors found that I had abcesses growing all around my spinal cord they diagnosed me as Terminal. After 8 or more months of treatment with IV antibiotics, and surgerical removals, I was about 80 pounds. I am now back to 125 pounds, The doctors have released me with oral antibiotics and have no hopes of completely curing me, since my body has been resistant to treatment the best they can do is try to put the Bone disease into a sort of "antibiotic enduced remission" But from all of this trauma to my body i have now aquired Diskitis because of the Osteomyltis bone disease dissolving parts of my bone and muscle tissue, which means the disk between two of my vertebre is compeltely missing causing emmense pain and limited mobility.
Guenthecat
Journeyman
Last Login:August 30, 2010, 11:27:22 am

Religion: Folk Pagan??

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #2: February 25, 2008, 11:03:01 am »

requesting healing prayers, PLEASE
My Situation.

Hi PorcelainRose.  These are the same issues as you've mentioned in your other post here for prayers?  Since our Healing List system links to request posts, I'm going to link to that post and point to the issues that need healing.

Guen  ~:)
Finn
High Adept Member
Last Login:December 22, 2013, 02:30:14 pm

Religion: An Seanchas Fior
TCN ID: Finn

The world is quiet here.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #3: December 05, 2009, 07:58:47 pm »

Please note: Some of the information given in the first post is no longer applicable. We have made some changes to how our healing requests are made known to our Cill members. Details are below. Changes to the first post will follow shortly to reflect this update.

Some of our Cill members may remember the Cill Healing Request List, in which members would post requests, which would in turn be placed on a list, which would be linked to every cycle. Due to its time-consuming nature, the maintenance of this list has been on hiatus for a long time. But Juni, Sunflower and I decided a while back that we really needed the healing list up again because many in our Cill liked to use it and it fulfilled a need. But we all knew it would have to be completely overhauled so that updates would be easy, sustainable and most importantly, self-renewing.

Now, finally, after many discussions, we've decided upon a plan of action, and we are proud to present to you:

The Healing Request List

All of the relevant information may be found in this thread in the Cill's SIG. Briefly, requests will made by TC members in this thread and last one cill cycle. The thread will be a resource for the Cill members who wish to participate in healing work. We ask that requests made to the Cill be limited to those of a healing nature.

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM Juni, Sunflower or myself.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 08:01:59 pm by Finn, Reason: typo » Logged

Fight evil: read books.

My Spiritual Blog: An Seanchas Fior
My Personal Blog: An Seanchas Finn
SunflowerP
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:February 23, 2020, 07:33:31 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: Eclectic Wicca-compatible religious Witch (Libertarian Witchcraft)
TCN ID: SunflowerP

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #4: December 06, 2009, 07:40:03 am »

Changes to the first post will follow shortly to reflect this update.
Done.

Sunflower

Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
I do so have a life.  I just live part of it online.
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others
to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
My blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough", at Dreamwidth and LJ

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)