The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
September 24, 2020, 06:48:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 24, 2020, 06:48:48 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Loosing my mind just a lil here  (Read 3443 times)
Asharti
Apprentice
Last Login:February 13, 2009, 12:29:11 am
Australia Australia

Religion: Pagan

I am bound to the arrow maker

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: February 12, 2008, 06:05:36 pm »

Shocked ugh i hate this im on the 3rd day of placebos/sugar tabs of the pill and nothing so far yesterday i had to use this thingy for thrush that one day cream stuff i dont know if that would affect the red fairy if i could get some positive vibes or something that would be great im just so lost right now....

Blessed Be
Asharti

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Diamond NightShade
Master Member
Last Login:May 15, 2008, 06:55:38 pm
United States United States

Religion: Nature-focused paganism, with many Christian influences perhaps.

Ah-ber: Sweet yet crazy... Yep that's me!

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #1: February 12, 2008, 06:07:40 pm »

Shocked ugh i hate this im on the 3rd day of placebos/sugar tabs of the pill and nothing so far yesterday i had to use this thingy for thrush that one day cream stuff i dont know if that would affect the red fairy if i could get some positive vibes or something that would be great im just so lost right now....

Blessed Be
Asharti
What are they for, and what pill?  just curious, haven't seen anything about this anywhere else is all. lol

"I would like an order of crazy, with a touch of confusion on the side, please! Thanks you!"
-Myself
Dania
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 17, 2008, 08:11:47 pm

Religion: Gwyddon Seeker

Queen of Hare-Brained Schemes

Blog entries (4)

Ignore
« Reply #2: February 12, 2008, 06:09:55 pm »

I have never been on 'the pill' (I refuse to go there) so I do not know how these things are supposed to work? Huh However, I would say give your doc a call and ask.

Here's hoping everything gets back the way it's supposed to.

OpenHands
Master Member
Last Login:January 11, 2012, 09:52:34 pm

Religion: Canaanite Polytheism

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #3: February 12, 2008, 06:29:17 pm »

Blessed Be
Asharti

I'm not sure if you're concerned because of a possibility of pregnancy or another medical issue, but I second the suggestion to give your doctor/clinic a call.  I've been on a couple of different types of birth control pills and they can affect your cycle in different ways.  Asking doesn't hurt and could ease your mind.  Smiley  I hope everything works out soon.

- OpenHands

- OpenHands

"Gardens are not made by singing, "Oh, how beautiful" and sitting in the shade." -- Rudyard Kipling

http://mathbatu.wordpress.com
Star
Message Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 12, 2013, 08:36:08 am

Religion: Hellenic Reconstructionist
TCN ID: star

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #4: February 12, 2008, 06:37:04 pm »

What are they for, and what pill?

Psst--"The Pill"--birth control.  Wink  In some varieties, the fourth week of the cycle is just placebo pills.

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Main Blog:  Star's Journal of Random Thoughts
Religious Blog:  The Song and the Flame
I can also now be found on Goodreads.
Star
Message Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 12, 2013, 08:36:08 am

Religion: Hellenic Reconstructionist
TCN ID: star

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #5: February 12, 2008, 06:40:19 pm »

Shocked ugh i hate this im on the 3rd day of placebos/sugar tabs of the pill and nothing so far yesterday i had to use this thingy for thrush that one day cream stuff i dont know if that would affect the red fairy

If you're really, really concerned, I second (or third or whatever we're on) the advice to call your doctor.  A few things to keep in mind, though...  First, if you've only just started taking the Pill, it might take a few months for things to settle in.  Second, even on the Pill there can be some variation in your cycle.  Things like stress and diet can still affect you; I used to be late by a few days all the time when I was really stressed out.  So it may not be anything to worry about.  (But I'm not a doctor, just someone who's been on the Pill and is currently having her own battle with it too, so again--if you're worried, definitely call the doc and ask.)

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Main Blog:  Star's Journal of Random Thoughts
Religious Blog:  The Song and the Flame
I can also now be found on Goodreads.
Jenett
High Adept Member
Last Login:February 23, 2020, 06:56:44 pm

Religion: Priestess in initiatory religious witchcraft tradition

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #6: February 12, 2008, 07:13:26 pm »

Check with your doctor (or if your health care has a question line, try there.)

When I was on the Pill, my period wouldn't start until 3-4 days into the placebos quite regularly: that was just natural for me, my body, and my cycle. (Remember that it takes more than 24 hours for the hormones in the last active pill to fade from your system, too!) I'd also sometimes have months where I just didn't get a period (and my doctor said that was fine), but my body is notoriously messed up that way (as I'm now working on rebalancing after getting off the pill and working with an herbalist.)

Yeast infections shouldn't affect your cycle - but sometimes strain on your body can do some weird things. Talking to your doctor if you're concerned is always a good move.

Blog: Thoughts from a threshold: http://gleewood.org/threshold
Info for seekers: http://gleewood.org/seeking
Pagan books and resources: http://gleewood.org/books
Mithril
Adept Member
Last Login:October 08, 2011, 09:24:55 pm
France France

Religion: Witch
TCN ID: Mithril

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #7: February 12, 2008, 09:31:39 pm »

Ugh. I hear you. The pill sucks. I just got on it myself, for medical reasons. Hope it gets better.

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence."

"Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!"
~Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore
Asharti
Apprentice
Last Login:February 13, 2009, 12:29:11 am
Australia Australia

Religion: Pagan

I am bound to the arrow maker

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #8: February 13, 2008, 12:13:30 am »

Ugh. I hear you. The pill sucks. I just got on it myself, for medical reasons. Hope it gets better.

i feel so depressed i can barely function, i guess the only thing right now im greatful for is i get to see my theripst after work maybe getting everything off my chest will help, i know that when im really stressed/upset/depressed my sex drive goes down hill and after talking to my theripst i feel ok hopefully i'l feel better and my period will come....never had to do a pg test dont wanna ever be in that position...
Finn
High Adept Member
Last Login:December 22, 2013, 02:30:14 pm

Religion: An Seanchas Fior
TCN ID: Finn

The world is quiet here.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #9: February 13, 2008, 03:24:50 pm »

Am I the only one who likes being on the pill? Before I got on it, I would literally be bed-ridden with cramps and I'd be extremely heavy for about 5 days. My periods lasted a full 7 days and would skip around and surprise me all too often.

Now my acne is cleared up (thanks to more meds), my periods are way lighter and only last about five days (which I can time literally to the day when it will start), and my cramps are pretty much non-existent.

But I am sorry about the depression. ((((Asharti))))

Fight evil: read books.

My Spiritual Blog: An Seanchas Fior
My Personal Blog: An Seanchas Finn
rose
High Adept Member
Last Login:September 01, 2011, 10:16:28 pm

Religion: Shakti Wiccan with Reclaiming leanings
TCN ID: rose

Blog entries (0)

rose shannon

Ignore
« Reply #10: February 13, 2008, 03:38:19 pm »

i feel so depressed i can barely function, i guess the only thing right now im greatful for is i get to see my theripst after work maybe getting everything off my chest will help, i know that when im really stressed/upset/depressed my sex drive goes down hill and after talking to my theripst i feel ok hopefully i'l feel better and my period will come....never had to do a pg test dont wanna ever be in that position...

{{{poor thing!}}}}}If you are feeling this bad since you started taking bc pills, I would strongly urge you to call your gyn. Some people really can't hang with those synthetic hormones, I am one. I have always had a really tough time on the pill, and I eventually gave it up entirely after trying several different types.

Goddess grant me:
  The power of Water,
  to accept with ease & grace what I cannot change.

The power of Fire,
  for the energy & courage to change the things I can.

The power of Air,
  for the ability and wisdom to know the difference.

And the power of Earth,
  for the strength to continue my path.

http://rosejayadal.blogspot.com/
Dania
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 17, 2008, 08:11:47 pm

Religion: Gwyddon Seeker

Queen of Hare-Brained Schemes

Blog entries (4)

Ignore
« Reply #11: February 13, 2008, 04:03:52 pm »

(((hugs))) oh man. Tell your therapist about the pill and your concerns with it...he or she may actually have some suggestions. (like Rose said; some people just do NOT do well with having their hormones screwed with.)

The Pale Ryder
Permanently Banned
Apprentice
Last Login:February 15, 2008, 04:11:20 pm

Religion: I believe... in something. Not a religion, because a religion is stubborn... an idea can change.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #12: February 13, 2008, 04:47:02 pm »

Blessed Be
Asharti

Well... as a guy I don't have much experience with this sort of thing--yeah right, I've got more experience than most girls*.  I have 3 sisters, an older brother who's never home, my mother has been the only static parent in my life, and me and step dads don't get along.  That and I have had my fair share of girlfriends.

Point is, unless there's something medically wrong with you--physical pain, chronic depression, and of course there's always the slight possibility of some parasite eating it's way through you... but that's 50/50 so it's best not to worry about it.  Seriously though, if it's just the irregular menstrual cycle, don't worry about it.  Until you reach about 25--and sometimes not even then--your period being irregular is normal, or at least not uncommon.  I know a 20 year old girl who to this day hasn't had a period.  I know others who stopped and a week later started for their 4-7 days of hell.

Don't worry about your period... it hasn't gone anywhere... it's probably just taking it's union mandated scare-the-crap-out-of-you break.  It would be more useful to know how long you've been taking the pill, have you ever missed any doses, anything else knew in your life that could explain any of the symptoms?
Beachglass
Master Member
Last Login:August 22, 2013, 12:19:05 am

Religion: Nonspecific Pagan-Leaning

Blog entries (10)

Ignore
« Reply #13: February 13, 2008, 05:17:33 pm »

Am I the only one who likes being on the pill? Before I got on it, I would literally be bed-ridden with cramps and I'd be extremely heavy for about 5 days. My periods lasted a full 7 days and would skip around and surprise me all too often.

Now my acne is cleared up (thanks to more meds), my periods are way lighter and only last about five days (which I can time literally to the day when it will start), and my cramps are pretty much non-existent.

I love love love the Pill, for the pretty much the same reasons you describe.  I'm just not particularly helpful with Pill-trouble, as I never seem to get any of the side effects or problems.  I'm thankful!

"the further we go and older we grow the more we know the less we show"
Guenthecat
Journeyman
Last Login:August 30, 2010, 11:27:22 am

Religion: Folk Pagan??

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #14: February 14, 2008, 12:01:10 pm »

Nope, I'm not on the Pill, I'm on Depo, but same difference in that it's Hormonal BC.  My cramps kept me out of school and I was Never regular.  Just before I got on Depo I was having a flow for nearly 3 weeks only to start back a couple of weeks later.  It was Horrible.  Depo saved my sanity.  Praise be the Depo!

You need to call your Gyno ASAP.  There are a Lot of women who do not react well to the hormones in birth control.  This could all be possibly fixed with a change in pills.  Sometimes you have to just keep trying pills until you find the one that works for you.  You should check out various women's health forums and see what is working for people who have not had great luck with certain pills.  That can at least give you a starting point to discuss with your Gyno when you talk to him/her.

Guen  ~:)

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)