The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
November 24, 2020, 06:14:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2020, 06:14:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Common Ground?  (Read 14970 times)
Darkhawk
Chief Mux Wizard
Staff
Adept Member
Last Login:January 20, 2020, 08:24:45 pm
United States United States

Religion: Kemetic Feri Discordian

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #30: May 08, 2008, 03:55:19 pm »

How?  One of the basics of Wicca is:  "All goddesses are The Goddess.  All gods are The God".  That's Wicca 101.  Take it away and you no longer have Wicca.

You're (slightly mis)quoting Dion Fortune, who was not Wiccan, and certainly is not mandatory agreement for any form of Wicca, trad, eclectic, or neo.

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

dragonfaerie
Coffee Goddess
Adept Member
Last Login:July 06, 2011, 06:19:49 pm
United States United States

Religion: Witchcraft
TCN ID: dragonfaerie

Priestess of the Circle of Amber Heart

Blog entries (0)

terpette terpette terpette

Ignore
« Reply #31: May 08, 2008, 09:42:09 pm »

How?  One of the basics of Wicca is:  "All goddesses are The Goddess.  All gods are The God".  That's Wicca 101.  Take it away and you no longer have Wicca.

Wicca is *far* from homogenous. That's one theory on deity, and it's not held by all Wiccans. I believe you may need to read a few more books, and talk to a few more Wiccans.

In my own coven, there's folks who look at deity from a more Jungian approach, and those who feel the Gods are separate entities unto themselves. I have never seen my growing movement towards hard polytheism to be in conflict with my practice of Wicca. Perhaps the religion started with most folks working with the same God and Goddess, but it seems to work easily enough with many different deities invited into circle.

I won't keep going on, since this forum isn't really here to focus on Wicca. I'll just comment that I think the ability of most pagan paths to function properly for the adherent no matter what his or her current working theory is on deity is nice. Perhaps because so many pagan paths are paths of orthopraxy rather than orthdoxy. Certainly makes being a part of an eclectic group a lot easier!

Recently, I've been working on adding some more "authentically celtic" practices into my Wicca. It's an evolving process working between Wiccan ritual form and ADF-Druidry ritual form, with Irish invocations thrown in. I'm still fine tuning it. Haven't quite gotten it cooked down to a nicely workable format yet.

Karen

Writings on Wicca & Witchcraft
Read my journal!
Today's Mood Forecast:
Fanboy's Convention List

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)