The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
March 02, 2021, 12:19:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 02, 2021, 12:19:32 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Common Ground?  (Read 15223 times)
Finn
High Adept Member
Last Login:December 22, 2013, 02:30:14 pm
United States United States

Religion: An Seanchas Fior
TCN ID: Finn

The world is quiet here.

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #13: March 29, 2007, 07:29:38 pm »

Conair an Cheo started as a path that could be CR-like but with more room for UPG, and less trying to mimic the way things were done and more trying to see how they'd be doing it today. Which, admittedly, is what the CRs say they're trying to do, but I think they tend to get too caught up in the reconstructing bit, without looking at recreating the purpose of the practices.

And then, more UPG crept in than I'd planned (like redoing the pantheon with a modern name, etc). I'm still really interested in how ancient beliefs and ideas can be applied to modern life and practice, so I'm sticking my nose into the process to see what everyone comes up with. Grin

Juni, I guess I'll have to do the "me too" post!

Though UPG informs a great deal of my path, I still approach Brigid (and will approach several new gods I've recently been called to) in a reconstructionist way, and I celebrate the fire-festivals with as many traditional... erm... traditions as I can, in supplement to my own creations.  I'm also interested in the stories and mythology and ancient beliefs being applied to modern living. 

As for the "original" question, I guess I became interested in all things Celtic because of the stories, and because I have strong strains of Irish and Welsh in me.  After I was done with Greek mythology at an early age, I wasn't satisfied enough--the stories just didn't hold that much power for me.  Then I read Tolkien, and even more of Tolkien, and began reading about Tolkien's sources.  I read Norse mythology, Finnish mythology, and finally Celtic mythology... and the rest is history.  Wink

I don't know how big of a role I'll play in this process (probably just lurking in the corners), but I will definitely follow this closely.  I feel like this is important, and that my own path will grow because of it.

Fight evil: read books.

My Spiritual Blog: An Seanchas Fior
My Personal Blog: An Seanchas Finn

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Tags:
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)