The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
July 02, 2020, 11:28:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2020, 11:28:32 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: "Pagan Newbie's Letter": (very long, but amusing)  (Read 5244 times)
RedWolf
Permanently Banned
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:July 21, 2010, 10:15:39 pm
United States United States

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: February 13, 2008, 10:50:01 am »

Hello, all,

Here is something a relative of mine (who is also a witch) sent me.
Since I've had this on my computer for a couple years, it likely
has been posted. If so, sorry for the repeat; if not - enjoy!

"A Pagan Newbie Speaks."

Mary Meat One and All,

I have been lurking here for 26 minutes, and I thought that it was time to introduce myself.
 My name is Bastet RunningDeer MorningGloryMoonBeam SunSoar. I used to be just Bill,
but during deep meditation and astral projection, I met my spirit guide, who I believe is
Winston Churchill's mother while I was cooking marshmallows at my astral camp on Jupiter,
and he told me this should be my new name. I'm thinking now of legally changing my name to this. What do you think?

BTW, there really are giant squid that swim about in the heavy atmosphere of Jupiter.
Jovian giant squid are now my totem animal. It just feels right and we should always go with what feels right. Right?
Anyway, back to me. I've been officially pagan since last Thursday, but it seems that I have been living
my life in a pagan style since at least last Monday. I just didn't know that there was a name for it.

I just read "Covencraft" by Amber K and am thinking of becoming a high priest and starting my own  coven or grove or church or synagogue or temple.
I may be new to this path, officially at least, but I feel that it is the right thing to do at this point in my
spiritual development, and we should always do what feels right. Right?
It's okay, because just because I have only been pagan a little while in this lifetime, I have lived many lives
in the past as a pagan, and died at least 162 times when killed by Christian witch hunters for my beliefs.
It is probably more than 162 times, but those are all that I can remember since I started doing past life regressions yesterday.

I was always a Celt in my past lives. Well, almost always. Usually, when the witch hunters weren't killing me,
I was a king or queen of Ireland. The two exceptions that I have found so far are when I was incarnated as Cleopatra and as
Julius Caesar. This proves that we don't reincarnate linearly. I was both at the same point on the time line.
It was a very interesting experience, to say the least.

Anyway, I think that I qualify quite well as an elder and a teacher.
The so called elders and teachers in the community think that I am just being silly and a little
strange, but that's just because they are jealous that I am a much more powerful witch and
warlock than they are.

My parents just won't understand this new path that I'm on. They think that the devil has taken
over my soul and refuse to listen to reason.
We don't even believe in the devil, do we? Or, have I been reading that wrong?
They keep trying to hold me from my spiritual path. They won't even let me have their credit cards
so that I can order all 29847 books on WiccaCraft and paganism from Llewellyn.com.
I really need these books and might as well just kill myself if I can't have them. I need to learn everything
I can about every single path, belief system and tradition in the world, and quickly, so that I an pick what
feels right to me from all of them. We're supposed to always do what feels right. Right?

While I'm here, can anyone help me with some advice or legal assistance? I am being constantly discriminated against.
My local community is conspiring against me and picking on me because of my pagan beliefs.
The school system is very Christian oriented, and they acted against my faith on a daily basis.
They tried to forbid me from bringing my athames to school. Hey, it's my religion and I should be able to practice it as I want, right?
And we witches and warlocks must always have our athames with us. It's written in ancient secret texts and scriptures.

They even went so far as to have me arrested and removed from school when I tried to show the principle how good and
nice my faith is by channeling many different spirits for her and talking in their tongues, and then putting two of my
athames right up to her eyes, just so that she could see that they were religious and not dangerous weapons.
It's not my fault that she got a couple little cuts. She shouldn't have screamed and jumped.
She scared me and interrupted the flow of voices from the otherworld.

It's not just the school though. I just had to cast a protective circle around myself and my home,
so I borrowed the neighbors car while he was sleeping, which felt like the right thing to do, and we should
always do what feels right, right?, and I drove three times around the block widow-shins to make my circle.
When I'm practicing my religion, there should be a provision in the law that allows this, right?
So the one way street laws should be set aside for me, otherwise it's just more religious discrimination.
And the people on the streets that I passed were hollering obscenities at me as I drove.
They must have figured out that I am a spiritual wiccawitch person. They even went so far as to call on
their god to damn me to hell, which we don't believe in anyway, right? We have the Summerlands which are
beautiful, and then we come back to life again.

The local law enforcement community is also out to get me. They keep coming around when I play my Nirvana CDs
at top volume so as to get in touch with my spirit. Nirvana is what Buddhists strive for, right? And Buddhists are pagans, right?
I just felt that I should explore their paths since we are really all of one spirit and it just felt right.
We should always do what feels right. Right?
They keep taking away my sacred marijuana, that I use to alter my states of consciousness.
The native Americans use mind altering substances, and they are almost just like witches and warlocks, right?
I think they passed the laws against marijuana just so that the church can stay in control of America.

My parents are a big part of this conspiracy. They keep forcing me to go to a psychologist.
I know for a fact that the psychologist is really an undercover Jesuit priest, and he is secretly striving to
perform an exorcism on me. I can't resist them right now, because if I don't go to see him, they say that
they will put me in the psychiatric hospital, where what they really do is drug you senseless and then brainwash you.

Now, I don't normally ask for magickal help, but this time I am desperate. I need a binding spell to kill Jimmy Halloway.
He is another that is attacking me just for my beliefs. I could have stayed in the broom closet, but I'm proud of my
beliefs so I tried to show his girlfriend Becky how beautiful and wonderful the Great Rite is.
She was only scared because she had heard so much Christian propaganda over the years and also didn't believe
that you can't get pregnant when you have intercourse during sacred religious rituals.
I had to even fight her because she believed that being nude and binding for initiation into the traditions is bad.
More Christian propaganda.

Where can we all go to be skyclad together and perform sex magick?
I've heard that this is the most potent type of magick there is, but whenever I ask the
pretend pagan elders about this, all they will say is that I have much to learn, and then
after a while, they ignore me.
They can fool some of the people with their titles, but not me. I know what is required to be a real witch.
It also feels right, and we should always do what feels right. Right?

Anyway, that's my intro. Nice to meet all of you. I hope that there are real witches and warlocks here
so I can teach them to grow into more powerful beings.

Is there a photo file on this list where you all have your skyclad pictures. I can't seem to find it.
Or, has the government conspired with the internet server people to limit us from this most important part of our faith?

Mary parting and have some more Mary Meat,

Reverand Bastet RunningDear MoonBeam SunSoar, High Priest & ArchDruid of the Sacred Temporal Temple of the 13 Moon Coven
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 11:48:22 am by RedWolf » Logged

"Consider yourself cursed: You will never find true happiness. Women will find you contemptible; men will think you a bore. "

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Star
Message Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 12, 2013, 08:36:08 am

Religion: Hellenic Reconstructionist
TCN ID: star

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #1: February 13, 2008, 11:00:59 am »

Since I've had this on my computer for a couple years, it likely has been posted. If so, sorry for the repeat; if not - enjoy!

Actually, it was used in our newsletter a few years back, attributed to Dreamdancer:
http://www.ecauldron.com/cnc/cnc04mar1.php

Just a quick note, though...  When posting, please make sure not to leave blank lines between every line of text like that.  (There should be a space between paragraphs, but not between lines.)  It makes the message really hard to read.  This is often an issue when things are written in something else (like Word) and then pasted into the forum, so it's a good idea to use the Preview button to check your formatting.  Thanks!

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Main Blog:  Star's Journal of Random Thoughts
Religious Blog:  The Song and the Flame
I can also now be found on Goodreads.
RedWolf
Permanently Banned
Senior Apprentice

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #2: February 13, 2008, 11:04:04 am »

Just a quick note, though...  When posting, please make sure not to leave blank lines between every line of text like that.  (There should be a space between paragraphs, but not between lines.)  It makes the message really hard to read.  This is often an issue when things are written in something else (like Word) and then pasted into the forum, so it's a good idea to use the Preview button to check your formatting.  Thanks!

I am sorry about that. I don't usually do that, but I thought I read in the rules to double-space.
I thought it seemed a strange thing to have to do, so I guess I misunderstood what was meant.

*Edited to add - I fixed it so it will be easier to read*  Wink
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 11:50:09 am by RedWolf » Logged

"Consider yourself cursed: You will never find true happiness. Women will find you contemptible; men will think you a bore. "
FierFlye
Adept Member
Last Login:December 14, 2013, 06:14:57 pm

Religion: FlameKeeper
TCN ID: FierFlye

Photo Credit: http://roothieb.blogspot.com/

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #3: February 13, 2008, 11:38:06 am »

The local law enforcement community is also out to get me. They keep coming around when I play my Nirvana CDs
at top volume so as to get in touch with my spirit. Nirvana is what Buddhists strive for, right? And Buddhists are pagans, right?

ROTFLMAO!!

Thanks for that.

Spiritual Blog: Fier's Flame
Melamphoros
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:March 28, 2015, 11:01:26 pm

Religion: Informed Eclectic with Hellenic Overtones
TCN ID: Melamphoros

Kiss My Scythe

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #4: February 13, 2008, 12:48:59 pm »

Is it so wrong that I am tempted to join one of the forums mentioned in the "Atrocious Pagan Websites" thread and use this as my intro Cheesy

Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you will make a great sandwich.
My Spiritual Blog
whambamcam
Journeyman
Last Login:April 27, 2008, 03:26:18 pm
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: Pagan-witch

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #5: February 13, 2008, 01:01:49 pm »

BTW, there really are giant squid that swim about in the heavy atmosphere of Jupiter.
Jovian giant squid are now my totem animal.

I want one Cheesy

Luceo non uro (I burn but am not consumed)

I birn quil I se (I burn while I shall burn)

Hold fast
Juniper
Adept Member
Last Login:January 06, 2011, 05:33:35 pm

Religion: Hedgewitch with Neo-Wiccan leanings
TCN ID: Juniper

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #6: February 13, 2008, 04:18:21 pm »

Lol, that's really funny. I especially like the 'I've been Pagan since last Thursday' bit. Somebody's obviously had a lot of fun writing that.

'How she longed for winter then!-
Scrupulously austere in its order
Of white and black
Ice and rock; each sentiment within border,
And heart's frosty discipline
Exact as a snowflake'
~Sylvia Plath
Marilyn (ABSENTMINDED)
Assistant Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:February 06, 2013, 08:12:28 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: free-flowing animist, Dudeist Priest
TCN ID: Absentminded

Blog entries (11)

« Reply #7: February 13, 2008, 05:49:51 pm »

Reverand Bastet RunningDear MoonBeam SunSoar, High Priest & ArchDruid of the Sacred Temporal Temple of the 13 Moon Coven

Thank you.  In one fell swoop you have just restored my senses of humour and perspective, and evaporated my crankiness.  I needed that.

Absent

PS:  When we were testing a new board a couple of years ago I wrote an intro that ended up on the humour page here.  This is it:

http://www.ecauldron.com/humor72.php

"There's nothing wrong with you that reincarnation won't cure."
- Jack E. Leonard

Blessed are the cracked, for it is they who let in the light.

Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in

L Cohen
Juniper
Adept Member
Last Login:January 06, 2011, 05:33:35 pm

Religion: Hedgewitch with Neo-Wiccan leanings
TCN ID: Juniper

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #8: February 13, 2008, 05:52:50 pm »

Thank you.  In one fell swoop you have just restored my senses of humour and perspective, and evaporated my crankiness.  I needed that.

Absent

PS:  When we were testing a new board a couple of years ago I wrote an intro that ended up on the humour page here.  This is it:

http://www.ecauldron.com/humor72.php

Lol. That made me laugh.

'How she longed for winter then!-
Scrupulously austere in its order
Of white and black
Ice and rock; each sentiment within border,
And heart's frosty discipline
Exact as a snowflake'
~Sylvia Plath
Morag
Adept Member
Last Login:October 16, 2019, 05:54:45 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: NeoCeltic Feri/Reclaimingesque HearthWitchery
TCN ID: morag

So much more than a pretty girl.

Blog entries (0)

maitressekatje honeyfeather honeyfeather

Ignore
« Reply #9: February 14, 2008, 10:24:42 am »

ROTFLMAO. zomg that was funny. Thank you for that. Smiley

Read Bellica here!
Innocence and Immanence

"i am not an angry girl, but it seems like i've got everyone fooled -- every time i say something they find hard to hear they chalk it up to my anger and never to their own fear. and imagine you're a girl, just trying to finally come clean, knowing full well they'd prefer you were dirty and smiling."
--Ani DiFranco, Not a Pretty Girl.
RedWolf
Permanently Banned
Senior Apprentice

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #10: February 14, 2008, 06:11:47 pm »

I never knew who wrote it, but I just found it absolutely hysterical.

Scary that I have actually encountered people like this.

SunflowerP
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:June 22, 2020, 09:45:42 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: Eclectic Wicca-compatible religious Witch (Libertarian Witchcraft)
TCN ID: SunflowerP

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #11: February 15, 2008, 06:35:31 am »

"A Pagan Newbie Speaks."
Hey, I remember him!  He wanted me to be his teacher.  He lent me To Ride a Silver Broomstick (I wanted to know where in the Nine Worlds he was getting his screwy ideas from, though I didn't put it that way - in this instance, not from SRW; her inaccuracies are quite innocuous compared to a lot of his flights of fancy), and vanished, which is why I own, or at any rate have been in possession of for about 14 years, said book.

Not really, of course.  But some of the things in that humor piece were eerily reminiscent of that particular screwball (as distinct from the many assorted nuts I've encountered over the years).

Sunflower

Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
I do so have a life.  I just live part of it online.
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others
to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
My blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough", at Dreamwidth and LJ
Phoenix
Adept Member
Last Login:June 14, 2011, 05:51:50 am

Religion: Pantheist

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #12: March 06, 2008, 11:47:59 am »

I was incarnated as Cleopatra and as Julius Caesar. I was both at the same point on the time line.
It was a very interesting experience, to say the least.

Who says it's anatomically impossible?  Wink

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first."
- Ronald Reagan

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)

EU Cookie Notice: This site uses cookies. By using this site you consent to their use.