The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
June 26, 2022, 06:35:30 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2022, 06:35:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Any Suggestions for chapped lips and acne?  (Read 20276 times)
Dania
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 17, 2008, 08:11:47 pm
United States United States

Religion: Gwyddon Seeker

Queen of Hare-Brained Schemes

Blog entries (4)

Ignore
« Reply #90: March 07, 2008, 09:35:49 pm »

Cool.  Glad it's workin' for ya.  Fun, huh?  Smiley

YES. I'm going to get some bulk dried herbs soon, I'd love to try it with chamomile. Any suggestions for doing that?

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Julea
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:June 05, 2009, 11:24:16 pm

Religion: none of the above

taffy junkie

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #91: March 11, 2008, 06:16:03 pm »

I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions, herbal or otherwise. Including particular chapstick brands... I have tried many such as ChapStick, ChapAid or something, and many others. (basically whatever is cheapest at the moment, or what i can find...)

Young Living makes a wonderful all-natural lip balm (Cinnamint, I think it's called). It's got a bunch of essential oils and other yummy stuff in it. Cheesy I really like it because it has a more oily than waxy texture, so it really sinks into your lips. Of course, the downside then is that you have to reapply it every once in awhile. That and I have really oily skin, so if it smears off my lips my face starts feeling gross. I'm always wiping around the edges of my mouth when I wear it. Tongue But it works so well that I normally only wear it at night; I only use it during the day when it's really cold and dry out.

Another company (Arbonne, maybe?) makes an herbal supplement that's supposed to help keep your lips healthy. My mom swears by it; she says if her lips are cracked, she takes one a day and after two or three days they're all better. I can't vouch for it like I can for the lip balm, though.

Holy short attention span, Batman!
Diamond NightShade
Master Member
Last Login:May 15, 2008, 06:55:38 pm

Religion: Nature-focused paganism, with many Christian influences perhaps.

Ah-ber: Sweet yet crazy... Yep that's me!

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #92: March 11, 2008, 06:29:56 pm »

Thank you for that. I am using carmex, and although it was working while I was using it, I havent been able to find it for two days and my lips are all cracked again. So i don't know if maybe that is because I am too dehydrated (i know I am... but I don't know if that is why they are bad again or what...) or if maybe they only are not cracked when I have the carmex and get cracked again after stopping use of it........ Oh well.

"I would like an order of crazy, with a touch of confusion on the side, please! Thanks you!"
-Myself
yewberry
Adept Member
Last Login:August 02, 2014, 04:15:33 pm

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #93: March 11, 2008, 07:58:10 pm »

YES. I'm going to get some bulk dried herbs soon, I'd love to try it with chamomile. Any suggestions for doing that?

I tend to use fresh herbs when I make balms and salves (greater potency), but the nice thing about dry herbs is that you don't have to worry about them going rancid as readily.  Just add the dry herbs to a sealable jar, cover with the oil of your choice (assuming you're using a liquid oil and not a semi-solid like coconut), seal and let it sit for a week or two.  Then you can strain and either use or add more herbs and repeat the infusing for a stronger blend.

Brina
Dania
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 17, 2008, 08:11:47 pm

Religion: Gwyddon Seeker

Queen of Hare-Brained Schemes

Blog entries (4)

Ignore
« Reply #94: March 11, 2008, 09:27:24 pm »

I tend to use fresh herbs when I make balms and salves (greater potency), but the nice thing about dry herbs is that you don't have to worry about them going rancid as readily.  Just add the dry herbs to a sealable jar, cover with the oil of your choice (assuming you're using a liquid oil and not a semi-solid like coconut), seal and let it sit for a week or two.  Then you can strain and either use or add more herbs and repeat the infusing for a stronger blend.

Ah, OK. That's how I would have done it but I wasn't sure.

Lorraine
Journeyman
Last Login:January 26, 2021, 10:25:36 pm
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: polytheist but drawn to more than one pantheon

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #95: March 13, 2008, 12:29:23 pm »

I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions, herbal or otherwise. Including particular chapstick brands... I have tried many such as ChapStick, ChapAid or something, and many others. (basically whatever is cheapest at the moment, or what i can find...)

I get a little bit of lip chapping in winter and I've never found Chapstick or similar brands very good.  The best thing I've tried was Lush's Lip Service lip balm - it's very solid so you need to rub your finger over it to warm it up before applying, but it was effective.  I also tried a couple of their other balms but Lip Service was better. 

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)