The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
June 23, 2021, 08:16:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2021, 08:16:14 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Annoying Roomate...  (Read 5150 times)
RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:October 30, 2020, 08:18:05 am
United States United States

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #15: February 22, 2008, 08:33:00 am »

Having been, at one point, a practicing Jew (not by choice), and knowing the history behind the star and how it was chosen and why, is what makes me say this.  The Star of David is a magical seal in and of itself, which was purposefully chosen to always watch over and protect God's chosen people.  However, the seal works in all directions - it not only protects the Jews from dark energy and dark ethereals, unfortunately, it keeps them from experiencing the energy of God as well, and all energies and ethereal entities that are light.

What are your sources for this assertion? None of this is "well documented in the bible" -- at least not that I can recall.

The Old Testament, which is the prophecy of Jesus, and the New Testament, which is the fulfillment of that prophecy.

That is the way many Christians see the Bible. However, that's not the way Jews or Muslims see the Bible.

Those who followed the banner of the Star of David found it very easy to disbelieve the life of Jesus, who fulfilled 100% of the prophecies in the Old Testament.

The only Christians I know making 100% claims like this are fundamentalists. What prophecies Jesus fulfilled from the Old Testament (if any) depend on how you read the Old Testament (e.g. what you consider to be statements about what the messiah will be and do, what you consider predictions of other things not related to the messiah, etc.) While conservative/fundamentalist Protestant Christians consider this to be all cut and dried and supporting their beliefs, there are other ways to read the material that make at least as much sense.

That's just one huge reference to back this claim up.

As far as I can tell, it does not back up any of your claims about the Star of David, actually. It is simply speculation as to why all the Jews at the time of Jesus (and later) did not believe he was the messiah.

I haven't experienced this with those from any other religion, but I have been known to nearly pass-out because of the energy draining properties of the Star of David.  It's one of the most difficult things to stand up against.  Dark ethereal entities don't USUALLY sap power, but it has been known to happen.

Considering that many other people do not have these energy draining problems with the Star of David, perhaps there are other causes for you nearly passing out when around a Star of David?

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Mandi
Adept Member
Last Login:June 03, 2011, 01:52:13 am

Religion: ergghhhmmmmnnnnn....

Did the big meanies break yer speshulness

Blog entries (48)

Ignore
« Reply #16: February 22, 2008, 08:42:31 am »

Alright, maybe I really need to learn how to "Keep Silent"... but my roomate now knows that I am somewhat clairvoyant. I gave him a reading one time, and he is one tough cookie to crack... He keeps saying "alright, next test..." then asks me what happened on a specific date and wants details.

Last night, he came in and asked what energies I was getting from him or the guy next door. (Mind you, I'm in college and live in a suite residence hall, 2 rooms in one big room with bathroom, storage closet, and sink.)

I told him, "Dude, I'm not going to give you a reading every time you ask or whenever you want. As of right now, I'm pretty much closed for business."

Then he gets all sad about it... GEEZ!

Has any of you had anything like this happen to you before?

This is a bad deal.  The parlor trick game is a means of trying to catch you with your pants down.  Eventually you'll have an off day, or an argument with roomy and it won't be about you being clairvoyant it will be about you being a whack who thinks their clairvoyant.

Especially when roomy may be putting weight in what is your personal opinion and sharing it with others as fact.  The second someone else debunks a revealed 'Truth'  whether it's your vibe on the neighbors, or who stole his cd' and he looses a little face in the process, then you become the fallen oracle.

That and those who would use you as their personal weight and fate by the stars are exploiting you like a toy.  When the novelty wears off, the bond becomes strained and false.

ESPECIALLY regarding the neighbor I would avoid making any observations.  This is a bubble that could implode on you very easily.  An offended neighbor that you 'assumed' his consent in being discussed - essentially gossiping behind his back; could get really ugly.

I would laugh and say what, you think your future or your past has changed drastically in the last three days?  Give it some time.  If anything important comes up like one of your teams loosing, I'll be sure to let you know - after I place my bets against them of course.  We'll watch the game together.

I'm gonna tell my son to join a circus so that death is cheap
And games are just another way of life
And I'm gonna tell my son to be a prophet of mistakes
Because for every truth there are half a million lies
And I'm gonna lock my son up in a tower
Till he learns to let his hair down far enough to climb outside.
-LIz Pahir
Mandi
Adept Member
Last Login:June 03, 2011, 01:52:13 am

Religion: ergghhhmmmmnnnnn....

Did the big meanies break yer speshulness

Blog entries (48)

Ignore
« Reply #17: February 22, 2008, 08:48:46 am »

In my experience, yes, readings 'do' take energy.  Effort is put into separating the insignificant from the meaningful data, and more effort into making useful sense of the result.  Readings require focus, knowledge, and practice.   Especially if you are trying to actually help, rather than just impress, people.

Absent

I'm not really a card person.  I prefer to free read.   Anyways.

I find that the 'energy drain' comes from trying to come up with 'kind' ways to phrase the unkind, and how personal is too personal.  The communication with the person takes more effort than the communication with the 'vibe'.  Then there's self doubt, which still niggles and says maybe I shouldn't be saying this, and then the monumental effort of screwing up your nerve TO say it, then saying it, which leaves you feeling like you just lost something.

I dunno.  It's not an energy loss like one that can be grounded out, but one that the other persons neediness is more draining.  I can't shield from a person and read them at the same time, it's contradictory.  Like coughing and sneezing at the same time. 

Weirdly, so long as I keep it under my hat, then it's not so draining.  When I keep my mouth shut about my impressions.

I'm gonna tell my son to join a circus so that death is cheap
And games are just another way of life
And I'm gonna tell my son to be a prophet of mistakes
Because for every truth there are half a million lies
And I'm gonna lock my son up in a tower
Till he learns to let his hair down far enough to climb outside.
-LIz Pahir
Jenett
High Adept Member
Last Login:February 23, 2020, 06:56:44 pm

Religion: Priestess in initiatory religious witchcraft tradition

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #18: February 22, 2008, 11:11:30 am »

I find that the 'energy drain' comes from trying to come up with 'kind' ways to phrase the unkind, and how personal is too personal.  The communication with the person takes more effort than the communication with the 'vibe'.  Then there's self doubt, which still niggles and says maybe I shouldn't be saying this, and then the monumental effort of screwing up your nerve TO say it, then saying it, which leaves you feeling like you just lost something.

Personally, I'm really pragmatic about this:

Time I spend doing a reading (and the focus, attention, etc. involved) is time I could be using for other things or projects. Even if it's a pleasant, enjoyable, happy thing, that's a loss of functional energy for other things.

There are many times I am perfectly happy with this choice - but I want to be aware that it *is* a choice, and that my chosing to spend my time in giving a reading removes other possible choices for that time.

*Hard* readings, where I'm working really hard to find words for what I'm getting, or where the person is fighting the nature of the reading because they don't want to hear what the reading is saying, are even more so. But any reading is a use of time, and time has its own energy and focus costs.

Blog: Thoughts from a threshold: http://gleewood.org/threshold
Info for seekers: http://gleewood.org/seeking
Pagan books and resources: http://gleewood.org/books
sailor_tech
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 06, 2011, 04:43:27 pm

Religion: Jewish

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #19: February 24, 2008, 02:42:44 am »

What's your roommate's religion?  The reason why I ask is because some widely "pop-cults" as I call them (that would be Judaism, Christianity, Catholicism, and Islam - not an offensive slang, but the most widely celebrated religions in this realm.  anyway, some of them) employ seals as their symbols, such as the Star of David for Judaism, which is pretty much a magical seal which seals the believer from EVERYTHING - good, gray, and dark.  That includes being sealed from God.

Usually, doing a reading on someone doesn't take energy, unless the person you're trying to read is either a dark elemental human or dark ethereal, or someone from one of the pop-cults that involves a magical seal that shields the believer from all supernatural activity.

Pop cult? That's a very strange use of the term and very strange way to refer to a religion that is about 3500 to 4000 years old.  I suggest you look at the definition of a cult with regards to religion when it's used by professionals.  The word "pop" doesn't come into play, and I think you'll be very surprised by the technical definition.

I have no idea where you came up with such a bizarre idea that the Star of David seals people off from G-d. 
sailor_tech
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 06, 2011, 04:43:27 pm

Religion: Jewish

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #20: February 24, 2008, 03:13:51 am »

Having been, at one point, a practicing Jew (not by choice), and knowing the history behind the star and how it was chosen and why, is what makes me say this.  The Star of David is a magical seal in and of itself, which was purposefully chosen to always watch over and protect God's chosen people.  However, the seal works in all directions - it not only protects the Jews from dark energy and dark ethereals, unfortunately, it keeps them from experiencing the energy of God as well, and all energies and ethereal entities that are light.

This pattern of behavior, and the effects of the seal, are well documented in the bible.  For those who study the bible, this is important.  The bible works in 2 parts.  The Old Testament, which is the prophecy of Jesus, and the New Testament, which is the fulfillment of that prophecy.  Those who followed the banner of the Star of David found it very easy to disbelieve the life of Jesus, who fulfilled 100% of the prophecies in the Old Testament.  They saw his works as the works of evil, and were easily swayed to the side of "reality," as they saw it.  Only a small handful of Jews at the time chose to follow Jesus, and about 1/3 of them paid with their lives, after Jesus was executed.

That's just one huge reference to back this claim up.  When the star was selected, it was fully intended to help protect the Jews from evil.  The lack of forethought from the priests and rabis of the era helped to chose and bless a seal, for which they had no idea what they were actually doing.  Their intentions were good, but...

Thusly, the reason why I stated this for such a long response and why I said what I did, is because I've experienced it, and seen it time and time again, this theory above in action.  I haven't experienced this with those from any other religion, but I have been known to nearly pass-out because of the energy draining properties of the Star of David.  It's one of the most difficult things to stand up against.  Dark ethereal entities don't USUALLY sap power, but it has been known to happen.

Again, I have no idea where you are getting this from.

I've never heard of any of the stuff you are saying about the Star of David.

Your interpretation of the Tanakh (Hebrew bible, not Old Testement) being the prophecy for Jesus is strictly Christian in out look. 

I'd like to see these references you are claiming.  Tell me which parsha to look at to show that the Star of David prevents contact with G-d.  Or where dark etherals come from. Or any of the other claims you are making about Judaism, history of the Jews or just about everything in your post.

Yitzhak bar Tzvi

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)