The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
June 04, 2020, 10:16:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2020, 10:16:06 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Finding Past Lives?  (Read 7401 times)
Waldfrau
High Adept Member
Last Login:January 02, 2013, 06:41:55 pm
Germany Germany

Religion: polytheistic witch leaning towards Reclaiming
TCN ID: Waldfrau

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #15: February 24, 2008, 04:02:56 am »

I'm sorry.

</offtopic>
Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy 

Have you made that yourself?

Would you mind if I copy this to post it elsewhere on the right occasion or use it as avatar/sig?

My blog: http://waldhexe.wordpress.com/ (English and German entries)

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Cent
Master Member
Last Login:May 01, 2011, 05:10:44 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: Of the Earth

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #16: February 24, 2008, 09:12:56 pm »

My Question?  I've been trying for months now to figure out my past lives. Doing Tarot readings with a friend of mine has led me ot the possible answer that I've lived 12 past lives.
 I've tried past life regression with said friend and didn't feel like I'd gotten very far. I've always had strange dreams.
  Thanks for any help,
 Valkyriia

What is it that you look for or hope to learn once you figure out your past lives. *just curious?*
12 seems like an awful lot to track down.
I must voice... as you go back in time, life ever grows more harsh sometimes barbaric. Not just your own death but that of others around you, way of life, wars. Not to say that all will be violent, more what will stand out in memory will be the life you lived. Usually the first memories are big events during that life.

It has been my experience that past lives can come forward in nightdreams, daydreams and during meditations.
When past lives come forward there is no control over them. They will replay as is, no matter how hard you try to lucid dream.
You can not change events nor the outcome.
For me this was the first indication that these were not Just dreams.

I know of only 2 lives I've lived.
One I was a woman living in a country cottage tending gardens. *this one I've only know about for maybe... 5 or 6 years.*
This came forward in daydreams, and would also cut into meditaitions while outside in my garden.

The other came forward when I was 18. At the time I saw it as a re-occuring nightmare.
I use to glide over the treetops and over my town at night and return to my house to settle in for the night. One night I started to sink down while above the town, landing in a completely different setting and time. It was not my town and I feel scared and am hiding. There are soldiers going from building to building, house to house. It is I they look for as I move in the shadows along backs of buildings.
I am me, yet I don't look like me. I am Chinese, a young woman.

No matter what tricks I tried to stop the dream, or change it, it continued off and on for years.
As it peaked when I was around 30, it came a few times a week. Each time I woke in horror, screaming inside myself.
My screaming inside was not for me but for all the women, children and elders. *hence why I voiced going back in time can be barbaric*
This past life was so horrific to me, I became overwhelmed and suffered insomnia. It was at this time I shut down memories of dreams.
*don't suggest others do that, but for me at the time, it was a survival need*

I actually found out a lot about this life. A very young woman *well to me young, chuckles* had the knowledge I needed to place this life.
I had a word but could not find any reference to it... since the province's name had changed, and finding the town was impossible.
She knew of history.. and tracked a lot of info for me.

It's only been the last year or so, that I have started taking down barriers to dream worlds. Only 2 vivid dreams have remained in the morning.
And I'm thankful it is not the re-occuring past life dream. *though I'm sure it will return when I'm ready*
With help, the guilt has been removed, where the death of others is concerned. Armed with this, I feel I can.. re-live/dream it without the screams.

Energy Follows Attention
yewberry
Adept Member
Last Login:August 02, 2014, 04:15:33 pm
United States United States

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #17: February 24, 2008, 09:30:42 pm »

</offtopic>

Off topic and awesome.  I love geeky jokes!   Cheesy

Brina
Nyktipolos
Adept Member
Last Login:August 29, 2014, 09:54:53 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: Path of the Nightwanderer (Polytheist)

Gravatar

"Language is like wine upon the lips."

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #18: February 25, 2008, 12:18:15 am »

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy 

Have you made that yourself?

Would you mind if I copy this to post it elsewhere on the right occasion or use it as avatar/sig?

No, I didn't. I cant remember where I got it, but I say feel free. I've had it for quite a few months now. It makes my math friends laugh.

Off topic and awesome.  I love geeky jokes!   Cheesy

Brina

Thanks. Cheesy

The Night Wanderer's Path <3
“God didn’t promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain,
but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way.”
Waldfrau
High Adept Member
Last Login:January 02, 2013, 06:41:55 pm
Germany Germany

Religion: polytheistic witch leaning towards Reclaiming
TCN ID: Waldfrau

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #19: February 25, 2008, 03:20:47 am »

No, I didn't. I cant remember where I got it, but I say feel free. I've had it for quite a few months now. It makes my math friends laugh.

Thanks. Cheesy
Great, thanks! There are witty people over in a Harry Potter forum I frequent who may love this. Smiley

BTW, why is it the letter <i> saying 'Be rational' (why not an <a> or any other letter)? I get the pun about the <pi>, but does <i> have a specific mathematical meaning? Maths classes are too long ago...

My blog: http://waldhexe.wordpress.com/ (English and German entries)
HeartShadow - Cutethulhu
Assistant Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:April 15, 2013, 06:53:07 pm

Religion: FlameKeeper
TCN ID: GenevieveWood

I am the Pirate Teddybear!

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #20: February 25, 2008, 07:22:43 am »

Great, thanks! There are witty people over in a Harry Potter forum I frequent who may love this. Smiley

BTW, why is it the letter <i> saying 'Be rational' (why not an <a> or any other letter)? I get the pun about the <pi>, but does <i> have a specific mathematical meaning? Maths classes are too long ago...

Because i stands for imaginary numbers.  hence the "get real" bit.

FlameKeeping website: http://www.flamekeeping.org
Nyktipolos
Adept Member
Last Login:August 29, 2014, 09:54:53 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: Path of the Nightwanderer (Polytheist)

Gravatar

"Language is like wine upon the lips."

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #21: February 25, 2008, 11:26:27 am »

Because i stands for imaginary numbers.  hence the "get real" bit.

In school, I was taught it meant rational numbers in some form. I know that doesn't make sense, but I'm just going vaguely on what I can remember. Hence why the "i" is telling the pi to get rational, because rational numbers I believe are whole numbers? Or at least numbers that have a definitive ending.

I think.

The Night Wanderer's Path <3
“God didn’t promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain,
but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way.”
RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:May 26, 2020, 06:18:11 am

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #22: February 25, 2008, 01:41:33 pm »

In school, I was taught it meant rational numbers in some form. I know that doesn't make sense, but I'm just going vaguely on what I can remember. Hence why the "i" is telling the pi to get rational, because rational numbers I believe are whole numbers? Or at least numbers that have a definitive ending.

Rational numbers are the that can be represented by a normal fraction (i.e. a ratio of two integers).  Irrational numbers are numbers like pi that cannot be exactly represented by such a fraction.

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host
Autumns_Rose
Apprentice
Last Login:April 07, 2008, 08:07:27 am

Religion: wiccan/pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #23: February 25, 2008, 11:40:36 pm »

I do not know if these could be past life dreams or if I'm just dreaming weirdly.

Thanks for any help,
 Valkyriia

Well, I thought the same thing...that was my one reason for pursuing this path. I had a vision that I could not explain. It was a childhood play area next to a house that the children lived at yet I would see hooded people in a circle like a coven and they would be 'talking'. Kind of like a babbling really but they weren't hurting anyone or each other. I looked upon them as I would 2 people chatting over the ripeness of bananas in the grocery store...just common place. I wasn't scared or stressed -just that I could see these people in  hooded cloaks. And it was such a familiar playground. What did it mean? I do not know. But as I enlightened myself on this path -it seemed to dissapear.
But I still think about it. Then I wonder if that was really me? Did I really live it? Was it someone I should know? Was it someone in my past life that did something that they were showing me???

Autumns_Rose

I believe that your background may have an influence on who you are -but only you are responsible for who you become.
Diamond NightShade
Master Member
Last Login:May 15, 2008, 06:55:38 pm

Religion: Nature-focused paganism, with many Christian influences perhaps.

Ah-ber: Sweet yet crazy... Yep that's me!

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #24: March 14, 2008, 12:40:44 pm »

I don't know of any past lives or anything that I have had... But I did keep having this one strange dream a long time ago that is REALLY hard to explain, partly because of how random and strange it was, and partly because I cannot remember it all. I rarely ever remember dreams, not sure why, might have shut dream memories down or something maybe, but either way. If I remember a dream it is usually quite vivid, and I can remember each and every part of it for about 10-15 minutes. Then as  time goes on, I gradually forget bits and pieces until I cannot even hardly remember it..... If I remember anything about that dream, I will post it, but right now I can only remember random unimportant parts and a few major details. Wouldn't make ANY sense with what I remember......

"I would like an order of crazy, with a touch of confusion on the side, please! Thanks you!"
-Myself
dpixie
Journeyman
Last Login:April 06, 2008, 05:26:24 pm
Mongolia Mongolia

Religion: Solitary Eclectic Pagan

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #25: March 14, 2008, 05:23:59 pm »

Let me start for apologizing that this topic isn't in the Misc Religions section. I'm still a Newbie and can't post there yet.
  I've always had strange dreams.

I've always been curious about my past lives as well.  What I have done is ask the Goddess in meditation to show me my past lives, if it is for my best interest.  In response I have had three dreams showing me bits and pieces of past lives. 

One was really only a short glimpse, but it is almost a favorite because it explains a number of passions in this life perfectly.  The most obvious being my love for and affinity with horses.  I was a Mongol and pretty much lived on horseback.  But - as someone else pointed out - I wasn't what you would consider a "nice person" in this day and age.  I was a male Mongol warrior and to say my life was bloodsoaked is an understatement. I was especially a neglectful and brutal bastard to my wife. But at that time, in that place, I was just doing what any good old boy would do.  I was a happy little bloodthirsty bastid.

The first I had was actually longer and I saw my own death from torture.  I know that because of the events of that life I wanted to experience as much as I could in this life (I was some sort of monk and spent my life in worship, contemplation, and teaching) and also that I wanted to make it up to my wife that in hindsight I felt I neglected her, when really, I loved her very much. 

Both of these lives tie into this life - I believe my husband now was my wife in both of those lives, and we chose to be together now so he could give me another chance to show him I do love him, and care for him.

The one I had not long ago was very long and involved and, although I had the impression earlier that Third had not been in any of my past lives, he was in this one and it would explain, too, some of the reason he is in this life.  The unusual thing about this one is that I died, again, and then followed myself to the Summerland as well - where I was "me" again, riding across a beautiful meadow on my horse, who has passed, with a couple of my dogs who have passed with us, galloping towards a man on a hill with a dog dancing around his feet.  The dog was another of my dogs who has passed, and the man was my husband (now). 

I agree that you will dream or become aware of past lives as they become important or touch upon this life.  You bring more than one or two little things along from each life and they may illuminate a lot of things, such as interests, talents, or passions that you can suddenly see the source of - but they aren't the important bit.  The important bit is seeing what there was in that life that you wish to correct, or learn, or gain now in this life. 

So - I guess my answer is this - curiosity about past lives isn't going to bring that information to you.  When the time is right, you will discover them in whatever way is best for you.  It's just one of those things.   Smiley

Pearlie the Psychic Kitty
http://fre-ecards.com (including ecards specifically for pagans
http://demented-pixie.com links to everything that is me Tongue
Valkyriia
Journeyman
Last Login:August 13, 2011, 08:54:09 pm

Religion: solitary Wiccan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #26: March 14, 2008, 07:43:53 pm »

Valkyria and EarthenCharms,

Could you both please remember to leave the quote code in your messages?

Thank you!
Sorry EverFool. I'm not used to Quoting every time you want to post. The other website I'm on doesn't have that feature. I'll try to remember that in the future.
 Valkyriia

QuercusRobur
Journeyman
Last Login:August 28, 2008, 05:18:37 pm
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: Irish Traditionalist

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #27: March 15, 2008, 12:23:42 pm »

My Question?  I've been trying for months now to figure out my past lives. Doing Tarot readings with a friend of mine has led me ot the possible answer that I've lived 12 past lives.

Why do you want to know about past lives?  I did the past lives thing once, then realised that it wasn't any help to the life I live now and don't bother with it.
rose
High Adept Member
Last Login:September 01, 2011, 10:16:28 pm

Religion: Shakti Wiccan with Reclaiming leanings
TCN ID: rose

Blog entries (0)

rose shannon

Ignore
« Reply #28: March 15, 2008, 01:03:02 pm »

Why do you want to know about past lives?  I did the past lives thing once, then realised that it wasn't any help to the life I live now and don't bother with it.

what kind of "past life thing" did you do and why? If you are just curious, and don't really need to get any past time information right now, it is unlikely that you would get any if you are just messing around. Also, some people have more natural ability at accessing that kind of information, it seems, based on my experiences with others and in past life workshops I have participated in. IME, if past time dreams of visions are coming forward it is bc there is something there you need in your current life. If not, you probably either aren't open to it currently or just don't need it.

Goddess grant me:
  The power of Water,
  to accept with ease & grace what I cannot change.

The power of Fire,
  for the energy & courage to change the things I can.

The power of Air,
  for the ability and wisdom to know the difference.

And the power of Earth,
  for the strength to continue my path.

http://rosejayadal.blogspot.com/
Valkyriia
Journeyman
Last Login:August 13, 2011, 08:54:09 pm

Religion: solitary Wiccan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #29: June 20, 2008, 06:44:13 pm »

This came forward in daydreams,
I forget what I was doing, but one day I just had this daydream that just wouldn't go away. It stayed with me for several days. So I did a smart thing. I grabbed a pen and paper and wrote down everything I could see from the daydream. After the last word was written I haven't had the daydream again.
 Before that day I'd never written anything down with such clarity. I've since tried to write another scene from a past life but it doesn't ring true like this one did. If my past life regression session (with a friend) is correct I died during the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory Fire. (March of 1911) I found a book with a list of victims and a website dedicated to the victims.
 I am happy that I've figured out this much anyway. (I know it sounds gruesome to be happy about something so horrible, but since I've found this out I've done lots of research)
 Sorry to ramble on ya'll

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)