The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
December 05, 2020, 06:45:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 05, 2020, 06:45:57 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: HELP for removing curses and dark spirits  (Read 3349 times)
PorcelainRose
Senior Newbie
Last Login:February 25, 2008, 02:19:52 pm
United States United States

Religion: Wiccan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: February 23, 2008, 11:21:59 am »

alot of intense darkness has been within my family for a long time, and lately more than ever...  i have been feeling the need to protect myself, i have been really ill for a year now, and i am at a weakened state, i feel like i am being consumed by a dark force and though i am still following with my faith in wicca i am still new to the practice and would like some assistance..
I ask anyone if they know of anything I can do to help myself and my family to be protected i would be forever grateful.
I've done alot of candle work, and protection circles, purification bath rituals..someone suggested sage for our house.....

may you all be blessed
--PorcelainRose

Some asked for more information.. So I edited my post.
I for the last year have been in and out of many hospitals, i was diagnosed with a bone disease affecting my lower spine last year.. My kidneys failed i was flatelined for 30 min then i was on life support for two weeks and it took awhile for me to function normally aagain ebcause of the loss of oxygen to my brain.. i had abcesses growing all around my spinal cord. After 8 or more months of treatment with IV antibiotics, and surgerical removals, I was about 80 pounds. I am now back to 125 pounds, But have now aquired Diskitis because of the Osteomyltis bone disease, which is the disk between two of my vertebre is compeltely missing causing emmense pain. But before this as a child growing up i had always been sickly, my mother has mental afflictions such as depression, what doctors call bipolar and drug addiction. My grandfather died of cancer, my grandmother has been struggling with depression and breast cancer, All my uncles are alcoholics.. At night i wake up in panics and see dark shadows, I just feel that not all of this is bad luck, I feeld the need to take a stand and seek protection for my family. So that they can be happy healthy and live within the light and not be shrouded in all of this darkness. I probably should have posted something about healing.. is there a healing "prayer chain" of some sort at the cauldren forum?
fare thee welll
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 12:09:36 pm by PorcelainRose, Reason: People requested More information » Logged

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Melamphoros
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:March 28, 2015, 11:01:26 pm

Religion: Informed Eclectic with Hellenic Overtones
TCN ID: Melamphoros

Kiss My Scythe

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #1: February 23, 2008, 11:26:59 am »

alot of intense darkness has been within my family for a long time, and lately more than ever...  i have been feeling the need to protect myself, i have been really ill for a year now, and i am at a weakened state, i feel like i am being consumed by a dark force and though i am still following with my faith in wicca i am still new to the practice and would like some assistance..
I ask anyone if they know of anything I can do to help myself and my family to be protected i would be forever grateful.
I've done alot of candle work, and protection circles, purification bath rituals..someone suggested sage for our house.....

I would like more information.  You said your entire family is afflicted but you only described what you are going through.  Have you seen a doctor about this weakened state?

Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you will make a great sandwich.
My Spiritual Blog
Starglade
Adept Member
Last Login:April 02, 2012, 03:07:59 pm

Religion: Tibetan Buddhist
TCN ID: Starglade

Life is a work in progress.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #2: February 23, 2008, 11:34:39 am »

may you all be blessed
--PorcelainRose

I second Melamphoros. Before leaping to "something Evil is sucking the life out of me" go see a doctor and find out what the mundane reason could be. Chronic Fatigue Syndrome comes to mind, but I am *not* a medical person by any means.

The source of all misery in the world lies in thinking of oneself. The source of all happiness lies in thinking of others. -- Shantideva

My public transcript is available for viewing.
http://www.brainbench.com/transcript.jsp?pid=7189853
PorcelainRose
Senior Newbie
Last Login:February 25, 2008, 02:19:52 pm

Religion: Wiccan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #3: February 23, 2008, 11:42:47 am »

I would like more information.  You said your entire family is afflicted but you only described what you are going through.  Have you seen a doctor about this weakened state?

Well I for the last year have been in and out of the hospital, i was diagnosed with a bone disease affecting my lower spine last year.. My kidneys failed i was flatelined for 30 min then i was on life support for two weeks and it took awhile for me to function normally aagain ebcause of the loss of oxygen to my brain.. i had abcesses growing all around my spinal cord. After 8 or more months of treatment with IV antibiotics, and surgerical removals, I was about 80 pounds. I am now back to 125 pounds, But have now aquired Diskitis because of the Osteomyltis bone disease, which is the disk between two of my vertebre is compeltely missing causing emmense pain. But before this as a child growing up i had always been sickly, my mother has mental afflictions such as depression, what doctors call bipolar and drug addiction. My grandfather died of cancer, my grandmother has been struggling with depression and breast cancer, All my uncles are alcoholics.. At night i wake up in panics and see dark shadows, I just feel that not all of this is bad luck, I feeld the need to take a stand and seek protection for my family. So that they can be happy healthy and live within the light and not be shrouded in all of this darkness. I probably should have posted something about healing.. is there a healing "prayer chain" of some sort at the cauldren forum?
fare thee welll
Tana
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 26, 2013, 08:37:48 am
Germany Germany

Religion: I'm my Lady's own

fence-riding, free-flowing, shamagic = crazy

Blog entries (4)

« Reply #4: February 23, 2008, 11:51:01 am »

Well I for the last year have been in and out of the hospital, i was diagnosed with a bone disease affecting my lower spine last year.. My kidneys failed i was flatelined for 30 min then i was on life support for two weeks and it took awhile for me to function normally aagain ebcause of the loss of oxygen to my brain.. i had abcesses growing all around my spinal cord. After 8 or more months of treatment with IV antibiotics, and surgerical removals, I was about 80 pounds. I am now back to 125 pounds, But have now aquired Diskitis because of the Osteomyltis bone disease, which is the disk between two of my vertebre is compeltely missing causing emmense pain. But before this as a child growing up i had always been sickly, my mother has mental afflictions such as depression, what doctors call bipolar and drug addiction. My grandfather died of cancer, my grandmother has been struggling with depression and breast cancer, All my uncles are alcoholics.. At night i wake up in panics and see dark shadows, I just feel that not all of this is bad luck, I feeld the need to take a stand and seek protection for my family. So that they can be happy healthy and live within the light and not be shrouded in all of this darkness. I probably should have posted something about healing.. is there a healing "prayer chain" of some sort at the cauldren forum?
fare thee welll

I'm very, very sorry to hear that so many bad things happend to you and your family.

But this is not necessarily a sign for a curse or dark energy. Things like depressions can be passed on, panic at night and seeing things in a night panic attack is something that calls for a doctorvisit. Please get  some 'mundane' help first, before you go deeper into the idea of being cursed or something like this. That wont exactly help with panic attacks.

I'll light a candle for you.

(((porcelainrose)))

'You had to repay, good or bad. There was more than one type of obligation. That’s what people never really understood.….Things had to balance. You couldn’t set out to be a good witch or a bad witch. It never worked out for long. All you could try to be was a witch, as hard as you could.' Terry Pratchett 'Lords and Ladies'

(The FB button in my profile does not work, if you like go and add me: Tana Adaneth, the one with the Doom Kitty avatar Wink)

Only shallow people know themselves. (Oscar Wilde)
Melamphoros
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:March 28, 2015, 11:01:26 pm

Religion: Informed Eclectic with Hellenic Overtones
TCN ID: Melamphoros

Kiss My Scythe

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #5: February 23, 2008, 12:12:14 pm »

fare thee welll

Seeing as this is the same as your PM, I will reply to it here.

I'll start out by saying that alcoholism (and other addictions), depression and bipolar disorder can be hereditary.  It's unfortunate that you are going through all of this, but I don't think that you should jump to the supernatural before ruling out all mundane possibilities.

These panics and shadows you are experiencing in the middle of the night intrigue me.  Do you also feel paralyzed when you experience them?  Alternatively are you taking any medications that could cause you to see these things.

Note that I'm not a doctor and have no training in either psychology (aside from one class) or pharmacology.

Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you will make a great sandwich.
My Spiritual Blog
Sperran
Reserve Staff
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:October 18, 2014, 02:07:12 am

Religion: Judaism

Adonai Echad

Blog entries (8)

« Reply #6: February 23, 2008, 01:31:04 pm »

Some asked for more information.. So I edited my post.

PorcelainRose,

We prefer that you do not edit posts for anything more substantial than a typo after a few moments.  After this, if you have information to add, please make a second post that links back to the first one.

Thanks!

Sperran
Cauldron Staff
Dania
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 17, 2008, 08:11:47 pm

Religion: Gwyddon Seeker

Queen of Hare-Brained Schemes

Blog entries (4)

Ignore
« Reply #7: February 23, 2008, 01:50:36 pm »

But this is not necessarily a sign for a curse or dark energy. Things like depressions can be passed on, panic at night and seeing things in a night panic attack is something that calls for a doctorvisit. Please get  some 'mundane' help first, before you go deeper into the idea of being cursed or something like this. That wont exactly help with panic attacks.

Panic runs in my family. Wink

I encourage you to see a doctor about this. It's really easy to think OMG I'VE BEEN CURSED but really, this is quite common and very often hereditary.

Jumping to the worst possible conclusion won't help you any at all.

(((hugs))) Here's hoping that you figure out what is going on and have some peace in your life.

Oaksworn
Adept Member
Last Login:December 25, 2017, 06:17:47 pm

Religion: Energy worker with hedgewitch tendencies

Reality is but perception.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #8: February 23, 2008, 02:37:08 pm »

With the list of medical issues that you describe I would side with everyone above in recommending speaking with your physicians and ruling out pharmacological effects first.  Sometimes the list of side effects of a medication are worse than the original issue they're meant to treat and sometimes they're down right contradictory.  I recall one medication I was taking for headaches where a side effect was causing headaches!  So, definitely get with those who know your medical history best and rule out the mundane first.

The other issues you mention, alcoholism, depression, etc. are unfortunate but not necessarily attributable to evil entities.  However, that said, there are some entities out there that feed on negativity and could exacerbate an already existing situation.

Beyond all this, I am a firm believer that illness has a component on multiple different levels, physical, mental, emotional and spiritual.  It doesn't matter which arena you begin working in you'll eventually address all of them in some manner.  So, if you feel that you need to move in a non-physical direction for the next step in your healing then that may be right for you.  I would think that possibly basic house cleansing would be a good place to start.  You may also want to look at the The Wiccan Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram.  The Cauldron's Grimoire may be of use to you as well in it's cleansing and protection areas.

Ultimately, you need to decide what is the best direction to move in.  Good luck with your endeavors!

"Then I will tell you a great secret, Captain. Perhaps the greatest of all time. The molecules of your body are the same molecules that make up this station, and the nebula outside, that burn inside the stars themselves. We are starstuff. We are the universe made manifest, trying to figure itself out. As we have both learned, sometimes the universe requires a change of perspective. " ~ Delenn, Babylon 5
EverFool
Board Staff
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:September 16, 2011, 12:40:01 pm
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: atheist

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #9: February 23, 2008, 04:37:47 pm »

Alcoholism and depression do sometimes go hand in hand.  Plus alcohol is a depressant.  As others have pointed out, both of those can run in families.  If your family is prone to other illnesses, that probably doesnt help the alcoholism or depression.

Given your situation, I'm not surprised that you suffer from anxiety.  I would strongly suggest talking to your doctor/s about all of this, and aybe discuss the possibility of talking therapy etc.

If anal prolapse teaches us anything, it's that it is what is inside that counts.
RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:October 30, 2020, 08:18:05 am

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #10: February 23, 2008, 06:12:54 pm »

I'm like others here. I always think it is best to rule out mundane possibilities before deciding that some has to be caused by something supernatural. Evil entities capable causing the problems you describe certainly exist, but they generally have better things to do.

That said, learning and do a banishing ritual regularly will not hurt. However, if the causes of your problems are mundane, doing banishing rituals will not help.  You'll find basic description of how to do the Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram here:

http://www.ecauldron.com/cmagick08.php

If the ceremonial magick aspect of this throws you, a specifically Wiccan version has been written:

http://www.ecauldron.com/wiccanlbrp.php

I'd strongly recommend checking with doctors even if these do seem to help some, because chances are over 99% that the causes are mundane.

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)