The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
September 26, 2020, 08:44:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 26, 2020, 08:44:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Kemetic sites...  (Read 2310 times)
~Gypsy~
Last Login:October 16, 2008, 06:54:19 pm
United States United States

Religion: pagan

Who? Me?

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: March 09, 2008, 09:47:49 pm »

I was given 3 different sites to research concerning Kemeticism, and I was wondering if anyone had any information regarding these sites. I don't want to get started on this path, just to find out that what I've learned is misinformation. And I do not want to get embroiled in a bunch of drama and backstabbing. I simply want to learn, and grow.

Akhet Hwt-Hrw,

International Network of Kemetics

Kemetic Orthodoxy

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Fear not the obstacles in your path.

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Darkhawk
Chief Mux Wizard
Staff
Adept Member
Last Login:January 20, 2020, 08:24:45 pm

Religion: Kemetic Feri Discordian

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #1: March 10, 2008, 01:06:27 am »

I was given 3 different sites to research concerning Kemeticism, and I was wondering if anyone had any information regarding these sites. I don't want to get started on this path, just to find out that what I've learned is misinformation. And I do not want to get embroiled in a bunch of drama and backstabbing. I simply want to learn, and grow.

Akhet Hwt-Hrw,

Kemetic Orthodoxy

I believe INK is associated with Per-Heh; the temple I'm aware of that you're missing is Per Ankh.

These are all Kemetic organisations, each of which has its own take on how to go about the process of reconstruction.  As a rule of thumb, they all dislike each other with varying degrees of seething vehemence, in addition to their theological and structural differences.

It is possible to do the basic coursework for at least some of them without getting deeply embroiled in the politics, just to get an introduction to each one's perspective and interpretation; I am honestly ambivalent these days about whether or not it is worth it, though it will, at least, give a perspective on how various Kemetic organisations pur forth the practice of the religion.

Shefytbast
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:November 30, 2011, 07:48:20 pm

Religion: Kemetic Orthodox

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #2: March 10, 2008, 01:30:51 pm »

Akhet Hwt-Hrw,
 Kemetic Orthodoxy

As Darkhawk said, these groups all have their differences, but my impression is that none of them is a "big bad" the way that McCoy or Ravenwolf are generally considered to be in Wicca. Probably your best bet is just to spend time exploring the sites and interacting with the people wherever possible, and to take advantage of any informational courses that they may offer. If what you encounter doesn't ring true to you, you can always leave!   Grin

If you have any specific questions about Kemetic Orthodoxy, I'd be glad to try to answer them; feel free to PM me. I can't speak about the other organizations, as I haven't really looked at their sites since my own initial search a few years ago.

Good luck with your studies!

--L

I have not taken time away from the day,
I have done no damage to a beautiful hour.
                               --Megegi of Thebes
~Gypsy~
Last Login:October 16, 2008, 06:54:19 pm

Religion: pagan

Who? Me?

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #3: March 10, 2008, 11:40:02 pm »

As Darkhawk said, these groups all have their differences, but my impression is that none of them is a "big bad" the way that McCoy or Ravenwolf are generally considered to be in Wicca. Probably your best bet is just to spend time exploring the sites and interacting with the people wherever possible, and to take advantage of any informational courses that they may offer. If what you encounter doesn't ring true to you, you can always leave!   Grin

If you have any specific questions about Kemetic Orthodoxy, I'd be glad to try to answer them; feel free to PM me. I can't speak about the other organizations, as I haven't really looked at their sites since my own initial search a few years ago.

Good luck with your studies!

--L

Thank you both!! I guess I'm just a little overwhelmed by all the information available, and I'm not sure the best place to start. I'll get "settled in" as soon as I get my foot all the way in the door. That is as soon as I pick a door!

Fear not the obstacles in your path.

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)