The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
September 17, 2021, 09:26:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 17, 2021, 09:26:39 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Poll
Question: How often do you visit/read TC's Message Board? (On average)  (Voting closed: March 27, 2008, 11:34:06 am)
Several Times a Day - 31 (50.8%)
Once a Day - 15 (24.6%)
Several Times a Week - 7 (11.5%)
Once a Week - 3 (4.9%)
Less often than once a week - 0 (0%)
Other (Please Explain) - 5 (8.2%)
Total Voters: 61

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Poll: How Often Due You Visit TC's Message Board?  (Read 10726 times)
RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:October 30, 2020, 08:18:05 am
United States United States

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Topic Start: March 13, 2008, 11:34:06 am »

I'm just curious as to how often our members visit this message board, hence this poll. Smiley

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

HeartShadow - Cutethulhu
Assistant Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:April 15, 2013, 06:53:07 pm

Religion: FlameKeeper
TCN ID: GenevieveWood

I am the Pirate Teddybear!

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #1: March 13, 2008, 11:35:14 am »

I'm just curious as to how often our members visit this message board, hence this poll. Smiley

hey, you don't have "constantly" as an option! Tongue Cheesy

FlameKeeping website: http://www.flamekeeping.org
dragonfly_high
Adept Member
Last Login:July 05, 2011, 12:03:08 am

Religion: Eclectic - leaning towards ADF

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #2: March 13, 2008, 11:38:15 am »

LOL okay, I admit it. I pop in several times a day.  Don't talk much, just like to see what's going on.  Smiley
Sperran
Reserve Staff
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:October 18, 2014, 02:07:12 am

Religion: Judaism

Adonai Echad

Blog entries (8)

« Reply #3: March 13, 2008, 11:50:20 am »

It varies, depending on my schedule, but I typically check a minimum of three times.  Often, much, much more.

Sperran
Star
Message Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 12, 2013, 08:36:08 am

Religion: Hellenic Reconstructionist
TCN ID: star

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #4: March 13, 2008, 12:22:23 pm »

Several times daily.  I'd say I average a minimum of once an hour during the day on work days, although days when I'm called away from my desk for most of the day it becomes less frequent.  Weekends and evenings are a little less often, just because I'm not parked in front of my computer all the time like I am at work and have more things to do that call me away from the computer.  I also always check in the morning before leaving for work and in the evening after putting the baby to bed and such. 

Every once in a while if I've been up in the middle of the night with the baby and am waiting to make sure she's asleep before going back to bed myself (which happens less and less often as she sleeps better and better through the night) I'll swing through too, although I generally stick to just glancing at stuff I know won't take much brainpower (like introductions and purely social threads) at that time since I know I'm not operating on all cylinders. That's just because I need something to do to pass a couple of minutes, though, not because I feel like I really need to check then.  Wink

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Main Blog:  Star's Journal of Random Thoughts
Religious Blog:  The Song and the Flame
I can also now be found on Goodreads.
Ocelot
Cauldron Council
Senior Staff
Adept Member
Last Login:October 02, 2011, 12:45:59 pm

Religion: FlameKeeper

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #5: March 13, 2008, 12:31:00 pm »

I'm basically reading on and off the entire workday and then again a couple of times per night.

~<>~ Flame of light, flame of dark, working together, never apart.
Dancing in harmony, balance assured, dark absorbs so light may endure.~<>~

Blog: http://ocelotsden.blogspot.com/
FlameKeeping: http://www.flamekeeping.org/
Thorn
Adept Member
Last Login:September 05, 2012, 07:09:15 pm

Religion: Ecclectic pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #6: March 13, 2008, 12:34:30 pm »

3 or 4 times a day most days.  Though 1 or 2 days a week I don't visit at all because of sporadic internet access..
yewberry
Adept Member
Last Login:August 02, 2014, 04:15:33 pm

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #7: March 13, 2008, 12:38:41 pm »

I picked "other".  My usage varies from once a day to several times a day if there are specific threads I'm following.

Brina
Celtee
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:May 02, 2013, 06:50:08 pm

Religion: Wandering Seeker with Celtic and Hedgewitch leanings
TCN ID: SilverWolf

The lone wolf waits...

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #8: March 13, 2008, 12:51:44 pm »

I voted "only once a day" because I do only check in once a day...all day long. Cheesy Grin

"It's only forever
Not long at all"
~~Jareth

"Time may change me
But I can't trace time
I said that time may change me
But I can't trace time"
Changes
~~ David Bowie

"Why do you have to be a nonconformist like everybody else?"
~~James Thurber
dpixie
Journeyman
Last Login:April 06, 2008, 05:26:24 pm
Mongolia Mongolia

Religion: Solitary Eclectic Pagan

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #9: March 13, 2008, 01:15:47 pm »

I chose once a day.  Kudos to having an RSS I could add to my Google page Wink it's right at the top.  I limit myself because otherwise I'd spend all day here and I really do have to get some work done.  Working for myself, at home, on the Internet...I've got to set some personal rules.  So I get to drop by in the morning while I check my email, the news, etc. and all that "stuff" is over with by noon - then I have to get going on whatever projects I have planned for the day.  I never get everything done.  At that - it's a real luxury that I enjoy - during the long period when I had sporadic Internet access I always did work first, socializing and reading later - which often meant not at all.  Pagan communities is what got me started on the Internet - and will probably always be my first love.  I'm no expert, so I don't comment a lot, but I do read and enjoy.

Blessedbe

Pearlie the Psychic Kitty
http://fre-ecards.com (including ecards specifically for pagans
http://demented-pixie.com links to everything that is me Tongue
Steve - ComW
Staff
Adept Member
Last Login:September 03, 2011, 12:22:07 pm
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: Flamekeeper
TCN ID: ComW

A work on progress

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #10: March 13, 2008, 01:50:53 pm »

Typical work day?

Quick glance at 6, Proper mulch through thread titles at 9ish while I wait fo rmy work to finish refreshing

glance at 11, 13, 15 and then read properly about 1800

revisit all evening depending on games im playing

last vist at 2300

Sara Beth
Apprentice
Last Login:May 11, 2008, 05:37:04 pm

Religion: kitchen witchery / studying wicca

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #11: March 13, 2008, 02:02:06 pm »

I'm just curious as to how often our members visit this message board...

I try to check in once a day, but usually I manage at least several times a week.  It's been a long time since I've been a part of a BBS, and I'm getting back in the swing of checking daily.
Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 29, 2013, 09:32:22 pm

Religion: Feral Brighideach
TCN ID: Aster Breo

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #12: March 13, 2008, 02:26:21 pm »

Unless the migraines are winning, or I'm out of the house, I check in several times a day.  It'll probably be a bit less when I go back to work, though, since I won't use a work computer to do personal stuff like TC.

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place."  ~ George Bernard Shaw
Oaksworn
Adept Member
Last Login:December 25, 2017, 06:17:47 pm

Religion: Energy worker with hedgewitch tendencies

Reality is but perception.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #13: March 13, 2008, 03:16:39 pm »

I voted "only once a day" because I do only check in once a day...all day long. Cheesy Grin

Hey, outta my head!  Cheesy

At the moment, I'm logged in more than I probably should be but as no one's had an issue here with it I'm not overly worried.  I'll login in the morning and out in the evening and refresh the page throughout the day.  For me, it's a necessary community experience right now which I really need.

"Then I will tell you a great secret, Captain. Perhaps the greatest of all time. The molecules of your body are the same molecules that make up this station, and the nebula outside, that burn inside the stars themselves. We are starstuff. We are the universe made manifest, trying to figure itself out. As we have both learned, sometimes the universe requires a change of perspective. " ~ Delenn, Babylon 5
Darkhawk
Chief Mux Wizard
Staff
Adept Member
Last Login:September 16, 2021, 07:20:16 pm

Religion: Kemetic Feri Discordian

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #14: March 13, 2008, 04:14:38 pm »

Once a day, generally, though if I hit a point of "I don't have anything I want to do" or "I wonder if anyone replied to that comment" I may open it up again to see if any of the threads I'm actually following have moved.

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)

EU Cookie Notice: This site uses cookies. By using this site you consent to their use.