The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
September 24, 2020, 07:25:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 24, 2020, 07:25:48 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Daily Worship  (Read 12337 times)
Melamphoros
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:March 28, 2015, 11:01:26 pm
United States United States

Religion: Informed Eclectic with Hellenic Overtones
TCN ID: Melamphoros

Kiss My Scythe

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #20: April 12, 2007, 10:11:30 am »

1.  The above outlines ways to honor Hestia individually and all the Gods as a group.  Do we need to be recognizing Anyone else individually on a daily basis (or a daily rotation, or every few days, or etc.)?  (Or is this something best left to the individual practitioner to decide?)

2.  Are prayers necessary multiple times per day, or is once daily enough?  If multiple times, are they the same each time or are there differences?

3.  Either way, does it matter when within the course of the day prayers are said?

4.  Any particular prayers/hymns to be used?  If not, any suggestions about resources people could find such things in?  (I mean, I'm kind of assuming we all know that the Homeric and Orphic Hymns exist, but I don't think they have things for "all the Gods", just for specific entities, unless I missed something, which is possible.  And there may be good sources outside of those too, I'm thinking?)

5.  Is anything done at mealtimes?

1. I say that an offering to all the Gods is best.  If a practitioner has a patron (s)he could honor them seperately, but this part should be optional.

2. Once a day is enough, though it should be consistant.

3. I think the time of day should be whatever works for the practitioner.  For example: if someone is a morning person then they could do it right after taking a shower.

4. Someone could use hymns that are already written (Orphic# 1 f'ex) or could write their own if their own if they want.

5. As mentioned before, the offering to Hestia.  One could also say a short prayer to all the Gods but I'm thinking of the ones involved in food production in particular.

Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you will make a great sandwich.
My Spiritual Blog

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Tags:
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)