The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
December 11, 2019, 06:14:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 11, 2019, 06:14:50 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 26   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Beehive Board Members -- Introduce Yourself Here  (Read 63107 times)
RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:November 07, 2019, 05:48:46 am
United States United States

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Topic Start: February 28, 2007, 01:42:48 pm »

If you had an account on our old Beehive Board, post in here and give a quick Intro. Please mention your username on the old Beehive Board so will can give you Full Member status if you are eligible:

Eligibility for "automatic" Full Membership:

* at least 18 years old

* a fairly clean rules violation record on the old Beehive Board

* have made at least 25 posts on the old Beehive Board and have demonstrated by those posts that one is not "clueless" about Paganism and about how The Cauldron's community works.

Don't worry, if you are not automatically given Full Member status, you will be able to apply for it in the future.

You can read about the various member groups in the "Standard Membersgroups and their Privileges" in the Rules and Regulations board.

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Star
Message Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 12, 2013, 08:36:08 am

Religion: Hellenic Reconstructionist
TCN ID: star

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #1: February 28, 2007, 02:20:14 pm »

I was going to start a re-introduction thread, which we've done every once in a while but not for some time now, but it seems a little redundant now.  Wink  It's easy to lose track of who's who when we have so very many members, even if you've been around for a while, and of course the newer people haven't had the benefit of actually hearing introductions from us old-timers (even though we've seen their intros).  So I'd like to encourage everyone to post, in addition to their Beehive info, a bit about yourselves.  Who you are, where you're at physically and religiously, how long you've been at TC, what kinds of things you like to do--whatever you feel like sharing.  Smiley

I'll start...

Hi, I'm Star.  (Which was also my username at Beehive.)  I'm in my late 20's and live in Indiana with two cats, a husband, and a baby-to-be (due in August).  I program computers for a living and do some volunteer work for the local Civic Theater (not onstage) in my spare time.  I've been at TC for...  uh...  I dunno.  Seven years?  Six?  Something like that.  In that time I've undergone some significant religious changes, but right now I'm taking baby steps into a more and more Hellenic practice.

I think that about covers the very basics right now, though I'm sure I've forgotten something.  Smiley

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Main Blog:  Star's Journal of Random Thoughts
Religious Blog:  The Song and the Flame
I can also now be found on Goodreads.
RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:November 07, 2019, 05:48:46 am

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #2: February 28, 2007, 02:29:33 pm »

It's easy to lose track of who's who when we have so very many members, even if you've been around for a while, and of course the newer people haven't had the benefit of actually hearing introductions from us old-timers (even though we've seen their intros). 

Good idea. Here's mine --

I spent my early years moving around as an Air Force brat. My father retired to San Antonio in the mid-60s and spent most of my life there. In early 2004, I moved to Waco, TX. Christianity never did take with me as a child, although I had no bad experiences with it. I discovered Paganism from books like Paul Huson's Mastering Witchcraft and Hans Holzer's The Truth about Witchcraft and The New Pagans while in high school in the early 1970s. I have some formal training in ceremonial magick and helped lead a Wiccan coven in college. I was nabbed by Athena after college and have slowly gravitated toward Hellenic Paganism since (with a few side trips).

I've been online since about 1985, first on local BBSes, then on GEnie for most of in the 1990s (including six years as an assistant sysop on one of its SF Roundtables), and the Internet since 1994. Elspeth and I opened The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum on Delphi in December 1997. In addition to my duties as Co-Host of our message board, I am the site webmaster, and the newsletter editor.

I'm in my very late 40s (err, try I turn 50 this year) and after over 40 years of being single, I married LyricFox -- three years ago now. I enjoy reading science fiction, fantasy, history, astronomy, and whatever looks interesting at the moment. I make my living as a self-employed computer consultant and web designer specializing in the needs of individuals and very small ("Mom and Pop") businesses.

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host
Ocelot
Cauldron Council
Senior Staff
Adept Member
Last Login:October 02, 2011, 12:45:59 pm

Religion: FlameKeeper

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #3: February 28, 2007, 02:38:11 pm »

My turn

I'm Ocelot - Same name as on the old board, although I was known as Ray there also. I live in the Hudson Valley region of NY state with my wife, son, a dog and cat.

I've been a member of The Cauldron since just after the move from Delphi several years ago.
After floating around in an eclectic pagan path for a number of years, I have settled in as a Flamekeeper where I feel quite at home.

I'm sure there's more I could say, but I'm always open to questions so ask if you like Smiley

~<>~ Flame of light, flame of dark, working together, never apart.
Dancing in harmony, balance assured, dark absorbs so light may endure.~<>~

Blog: http://ocelotsden.blogspot.com/
FlameKeeping: http://www.flamekeeping.org/
HeartShadow - Cutethulhu
Assistant Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:April 15, 2013, 06:53:07 pm

Religion: FlameKeeper
TCN ID: GenevieveWood

I am the Pirate Teddybear!

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #4: February 28, 2007, 02:43:09 pm »

Well, I'm HeartShadow (also known as HeartShadow *g*) and I've been around TC for .. probably about seven or eight years now.

I'm married, a SAHM with my darling baby swuggy and I spend my days working on a writing career.  I have a website at www.flamekeeping.org where I create my religion, and one at www.warriorsofthesungod.com where I write an online novel.  (called Warriors of the Sun God.  hence the URL)

Religiously I'm a FlameKeeper and the founder of the religion.  I finally figured it out .. maybe a year and a half to two years ago.  Before them I had a lot of ideas, but nothing put together that well.

And I can't think of anything else intelligent to say. Smiley

FlameKeeping website: http://www.flamekeeping.org
Marilyn (ABSENTMINDED)
Assistant Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:February 06, 2013, 08:12:28 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: free-flowing animist, Dudeist Priest
TCN ID: Absentminded

Blog entries (11)

« Reply #5: February 28, 2007, 04:08:04 pm »

Hi, I'm Marilyn, also known as Absent, and I think I've been around for...two years now?  Not entirely sure - linear time isn't my forte.

I'm a card reader when I'm home and a threadspinner on TC, although I've kind of fallen down on that one since I started my guinea pig thread.  Have to do better on the new board.

I'm 44 (45 in a week) and live in Ontario, Canada, with my DH of 11 years.  He claims it's longer and could be right - we 'married' by word and decision on our first date and have never looked back, and I've already mentioned my temporal handicap.

I float around with descriptions but I'm basically an animist within a First Nations paradigm religiously and somewhat folk-Celtic magically.  It could be heredity. Cheesy  I've never been a member of the Big Three but my dad is an unchurched-but-devout Christian and my DH is a very-much-backsliding Mennonite.  My family is a harmonious mix of Christian and Pagan, a great example of 'live and let live', and none of us believe any other of us is going to Hell or into the outer dark for our spiritualities.

That's all I can really think of at the moment.  I boast, I whine, I'm generally honest except when I decide not to be, and I'm pretty open about myself when I feel like it.  I have an enjoyment of absurdity and an appreciation of shallowness as well as a respect for depth.  I don't do 'deep' well myself, but I admire it in others.

Me in a nutshell.

"There's nothing wrong with you that reincarnation won't cure."
- Jack E. Leonard

Blessed are the cracked, for it is they who let in the light.

Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in

L Cohen
Egalas
Journeyman
Last Login:September 11, 2011, 02:34:10 pm

Religion: More of a Spiritual being then Religious

Ignorant people shouldn't breed!

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #6: February 28, 2007, 05:44:26 pm »

It is I, Egalas, Lord Egalas to those who game.  I am in my early 30's, (Still act as I am in my teens).  I enjoy playing Airsoft (Ask you might like it). 

I am the best Retail RV Parts person in the business.   No really.  That is what I have told people. Smiley  I am a Cordornator for the parts department of an RV Sales and Service center in Central Florida.

HMMMM.  Now the interesting stuff.   I Never could grasp most of the unknows of Christianity so I have been searching my own path since I was younger.  I have dabbled with Wicca, Shaminism, and a few others.  Right now I still looking and in a Lull.  I like doing energy work when I find the time, and I REALLY need to get back to my meditations as I have been a bit on the testy side recently..

Anything else just ask and I might supprise you.

---===<<< 0 >>>===---
"Perception is the key to unlocking the power of the subconscious mind…"
Steve - ComW
Staff
Adept Member
Last Login:September 03, 2011, 12:22:07 pm
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: Flamekeeper
TCN ID: ComW

A work on progress

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #7: February 28, 2007, 07:21:27 pm »

HI I'm a Steve (aka ComW) and I talk too much.

I'm a phone monkey cum programmer cum analyst (whichever I'm getting paid for on the day). I try to regularly get my butt kicked for fun, but that's recently been curtailed to warm times of the year only.

Religiously I'm a baby flame keeper, still feeling my way through the mysteries and developing my ideas.

And I really need to make my avatar shorter but Im a tad lazy with graphics work.

elizwrite
Apprentice
Last Login:December 09, 2012, 09:06:52 pm

Religion: pagan

Elizabeth

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #8: February 28, 2007, 10:23:51 pm »

I'm Elizabeth.  I've been around here for quite a few years now, since way before leaving Delphi.  <g>  I call myself a garden-variety witch at the moment, with no particular leanings toward Wicca or reconstructionism. 

Sine Silvering
Board Staff
Master Member
Last Login:February 20, 2011, 01:32:14 pm

Religion: priestess, Gardnerian Wicca

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #9: February 28, 2007, 11:58:19 pm »

Howdy.

I'm Síne; that's pronounced "sheen" -- it's Irish, I'm not, though there's a bit of exiled Scots back there (they wandered south from Nova Scotia).  I'm old enough to remember black-and-white television and gasoline that sold at 29.9 cents a gallon, and when the idea of collecting one's favorite movies and playing them at home was a fantasy...

I've been here for a long time, but as has been said earlier in this thread, linear time is not my forté...  I found the Cauldron at Delphi, followed it to yahoogroups, then back to Delphi and now out here.

I'm a real Gardnerian Wiccan priestess.  My assignment here at the Cauldron is to keep an eye on the teen folder, since I have some experience in the real world dealing with teens. 

--------------
Blesséd Be!

When men speak ill of thee, live so as no one will believe them.
---Old Farmers Almanac, 1832
Caroline
Master Member
Last Login:October 07, 2011, 11:24:24 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: polytheist

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #10: March 01, 2007, 01:07:11 am »

Hi!

I'm Caroline, and I usually avoid intros. But here goes. I'm a polytheist and a witch; I practice Hellenismos.  I'm an archeologist/anthropologist by training through I no longer work in the field. I'm a serious bookworm, crafter and gardener. I'm an aspiring foodie, I have a soft spot for kitzch and I believe chocolate is an essential food group.
Aster Breo
SIG Coordinator
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 29, 2013, 09:32:22 pm

Religion: Feral Brighideach
TCN ID: Aster Breo

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #11: March 01, 2007, 10:46:04 am »

Hi.  I'm Moon Ivy, which was my nick on the Beehive board as well.  I've been hanging around TC for only a little less than a year now, but learned so much.

This is my first post here on the new board.  I so COMPLETELY don't know how to use this yet.  But I'll learn. I might even figure out how to put an avatar in and cool stuff like that.   Smiley

I'm in my 40s, live in the Washington, DC metro area with my husband of over 20 years, 2 bio teen daughters, 1 foster teen daughter, my aging parents, 8 cats, and a dog.  I'm a non-practicing lawyer, and I do lighting design and stage management for a local dance company as a hobby.

Religiously, I was raised Methodist, but left that in my teens.  I was introduced to Wicca in the late 70s-early 80s, and dabbled for a bit, but learned quickly that it wasn't for me.  Eventually, I discovered (or was discovered by?) Brighid and began exploring Celtic history, mythology, art, and sprituality.  My spiritual life really focuses on Brighid, although I'm working on expanding to a few other deities (Rosmerta, for example).  I don't really have a name for this path, so I refer to it simply as Celtic Pagan ("CR-Lite" might also work, but might tick some people off).

A couple of months ago, I was one of the founders of the Cauldron Cill, a group that tends Brighid's flame.  There's more info on that...somewhere...on this site, if anyone is interested.  Email or PM me or Juni if you want to join.

Separate from religion, I do a little magic now and then -- often rather successfully.  I'm trying to learn more about tarot.  Marilyn and Sunflower inspired me.

That's it for me.  I'm off to learn more about this new home of ours.  Wish me luck (old dog, new tricks, etc.).

P.S.  Randall, Lyric, et al:  Thanks for all your work to keep TC up!

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place."  ~ George Bernard Shaw
Matrinka
Adept Member
Last Login:January 03, 2016, 12:36:32 pm

Religion: Irish-Celtic witch

Níl aon tíntéan, mar do thíntéín féín.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #12: March 01, 2007, 01:37:30 pm »

My name is Matrinka.  I've been around TC for right around six years, give or take.  I'm an Irish witch, HPS of our own little coven that is very slowly growing.  Telling about myself is a bit hard for me, since I'm a generalist, with interests all over the place, from gardening to herbal healing to art and writing to jewelry making and henna.  Been a witch for just shy of 26 years now, which makes me feel very much older all of a sudden.  I dedicated on Beltaine of 1981, at the rather tender age of 12, and three and a half years later I initiated to the first degree on Samhain of 1984.  This with the blessings of my Mom.

Let's see, what else do you need to know?  Mother of four by birth, with a trio of step-daughters and a step-granddaughter, plus my adopted kid, Feurer Wortel as he's known on TC.  I'm married to Tim, aka Sweetie, who is the love of my life. 

That should do to start, I think. 

hellfury
Last Login:January 02, 2008, 07:44:36 pm

Religion: spiritual, non-religious

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #13: March 01, 2007, 10:37:39 pm »

Hi, I'm hellfury (or Hellfury, type it how you like) and was the same on beehive.

As for "about myself"...

I'm early 20's, in college part time, living with my parents and waiting till I graduate to marry my fiancee of three years.

I call myself "spiritual, non-religious" in general, mostly because it gets a better response than "Christian Heretic". What can I say? It's got many points that strongly resonate, but can't quite fit all my beliefs.

I abandoned Christianity for a time, I tried to come back fully for a time. Neither quite worked, so now I have to say it's a good path, it's where I get most of my morals from, but I'm still kind of sussing out where my faith really lies.
Celtee
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:May 02, 2013, 06:50:08 pm

Religion: Wandering Seeker with Celtic and Hedgewitch leanings
TCN ID: SilverWolf

The lone wolf waits...

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #14: March 02, 2007, 02:33:39 am »

I'm Celtee and was Celtee on the old board.

I was born Mormon but didn't really "get" it when I was in my teens. I could go through the motions and do what I was supposed to but it was never really me.

(I'm doing the best I can here but it's a huge stretch for me to talk about myself because of my total Scorpio nature!)

I don't really have a religion right now. I call myself a "Wandering Seeker with Celtic and hedgewitch leanings" and I think that pretty well sums it up.  I am a member of the Cauldron Flamekeeping Cill and have enjoyed it immensely.  I do a lot of thinking when it's my shift to keep Bridget's flame and I can "feel" things solidifying for me now.  I've also been a member here for about 2 years now....or is it three?  I can't remember but I've enjoyed my time here immensely and the people here are really great.

Ok, I'm done blathering and rambling now.  Grin

"It's only forever
Not long at all"
~~Jareth

"Time may change me
But I can't trace time
I said that time may change me
But I can't trace time"
Changes
~~ David Bowie

"Why do you have to be a nonconformist like everybody else?"
~~James Thurber

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 26   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)