The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
September 21, 2020, 05:24:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2020, 05:24:39 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Rubbing hands and feeling energy - really magick?  (Read 16411 times)
Waldfrau
High Adept Member
Last Login:January 02, 2013, 06:41:55 pm
Germany Germany

Religion: polytheistic witch leaning towards Reclaiming
TCN ID: Waldfrau

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #30: April 10, 2008, 02:10:19 am »

I've always thought it as a specific Eastern system of internal Qi exercises not a more generic word for energy exercises.  That's why I found the idea of Falun Gong interesting.  A streamlined system with all the same benefits?  Sounds great.
Well, it also depends on how you define system. If you compare it to yoga you might say that those are different systems like if you compare music of the West to African one. But it's not a system in the meaning that all the exercises would be connected to each other as in having an elaborated system of different folders/subjects  supporting or complete each other with defined grades. Like Mozart and heavy metal aren't really different school grades of music of the West. (Jenett, correct me if I'm wrong.) Music of the West isn't a system you could streamline. Note you'll also have examples of music where you would have problems to put it in a definite folder.

The practice of qi gong is very variable in China and related regions. Some of it in various religious backrounds like buddhism or daoism, some in monasteries, some in martial arts schools, some of it just for health reasons in the morning like morning gym.

You can make a system out of qi gong exercises though, like you could set up a music school which teaches specific styles in specific grades or specializes on one style and teaches specific pieces in specific grades.

My blog: http://waldhexe.wordpress.com/ (English and German entries)

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Oaksworn
Adept Member
Last Login:December 25, 2017, 06:17:47 pm
United States United States

Religion: Energy worker with hedgewitch tendencies

Reality is but perception.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #31: April 10, 2008, 11:19:11 am »

But wouldn't you percieve a defined boundary when you cast a circle? I just walk in a circle, but it's not really closed to what is going around. Maybe I'm not concentrating enough.

I had a fencing instructor back in college who was also a Reiki teacher.  She was explaining at one point that strong teachers would be able to fill a gym with their auric field just by the fact that they were attuning to the reiki flow of energy.  Perhaps you're doing something similar?  Focusing on the qi flow, pulling more into your space, will have the effect of pushing your auric field further out unless you focus on not doing so.  At least that's how I've experienced it.

Another thought, perhaps whatever you're doing, whether it's simply expanding your auric field or casting a spontaneous circle by dint of the excercise you're practicing, is unconsciously using the walls of your gym as the boundary.  If someone opens the door with the intent of being able to pass through and then leaves it open, well, that will have created a doorway through your energetic boundary, too.  It would certainly leave me uncomfortable.

"Then I will tell you a great secret, Captain. Perhaps the greatest of all time. The molecules of your body are the same molecules that make up this station, and the nebula outside, that burn inside the stars themselves. We are starstuff. We are the universe made manifest, trying to figure itself out. As we have both learned, sometimes the universe requires a change of perspective. " ~ Delenn, Babylon 5
Oaksworn
Adept Member
Last Login:December 25, 2017, 06:17:47 pm

Religion: Energy worker with hedgewitch tendencies

Reality is but perception.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #32: April 10, 2008, 11:21:36 am »

Well, it also depends on how you define system.

Yeah, I think it's just a matter of personal definitions based upon a lack of accurate information.  As you describe it the practice certainly seems more general than I had realized.

"Then I will tell you a great secret, Captain. Perhaps the greatest of all time. The molecules of your body are the same molecules that make up this station, and the nebula outside, that burn inside the stars themselves. We are starstuff. We are the universe made manifest, trying to figure itself out. As we have both learned, sometimes the universe requires a change of perspective. " ~ Delenn, Babylon 5
Cat
Apprentice
Last Login:June 23, 2008, 09:20:24 am

Religion: Wicca

The Glamour Cat

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #33: April 10, 2008, 03:01:33 pm »

It sounds like energy work to me. My friends and I like to *ping* energy at each other in a similar manner.

She flitted about the no-man's land.
From the rising sun to the friend at hand.
And the postman sighed as he scratched his head.
You really thought she'd ought to be dead.
And who would ever have thought that that..
Was Grizabella the Glamour Cat
Mandi
Adept Member
Last Login:June 03, 2011, 01:52:13 am

Religion: ergghhhmmmmnnnnn....

Did the big meanies break yer speshulness

Blog entries (48)

Ignore
« Reply #34: April 11, 2008, 10:08:23 am »

o repel. Both hands (separately and together) seemed to 'vibrate' the cover (move it back and forth).

What I would like to know, is this really a form of (I am assuming very weak) magick, or is this something that could currently be explained by science?

Thank you for your replies.

Take the hand rubbing out of it.  Really fast hand rubbing is just playing with friction.  Really fast hand rubbing is annoying because you end up feeling heat rather than energy.

Hold your hands as if there were a ball of dough between them.  move your hands NOT TOUCHING as if you were rolling that dough ball to be more round.  Then shake out your hands as if you were shaking off ants, loose hands.  Then roll the imaginary dough ball again.  Shake again.

Repeat a couple times and then hold your hands about an inch apart (as if you were rolling the dough ball) only hold them still.

It may take a little more attention, but you should still notice the same energy.

I'm gonna tell my son to join a circus so that death is cheap
And games are just another way of life
And I'm gonna tell my son to be a prophet of mistakes
Because for every truth there are half a million lies
And I'm gonna lock my son up in a tower
Till he learns to let his hair down far enough to climb outside.
-LIz Pahir
dartxni
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:March 28, 2010, 09:47:31 pm

Religion: Searching

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #35: April 17, 2008, 12:37:08 am »

Not really on the same subject: I once had a friend's girlfriend read my future with some card divination. The funny thing is that the cards were just toys from a cartoon show (Card Captors.) Anyway, the reading was all right, nothing special, but the crazy part was that as she held my hand in order to focus, I felt a strong feeling of energy being pulled from my arm into hers. It didn't feel electrical at all though and lasted the entire time she held my hand unlike any static energy discharge I have ever felt. It just felt like Power, with a capital P was being drawn out my hand. As soon as she let go of my hand she told me I felt very powerful and that she had felt it coming out of my body. It was like nothing she had ever felt either. This was the very first time I ever met her.

Its one of those moments that makes me believe in magic.

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)