The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
May 16, 2021, 08:56:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2021, 08:56:42 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Dangerous animal virus on U.S. mainland?  (Read 5776 times)
RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:October 30, 2020, 08:18:05 am
United States United States

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #15: April 12, 2008, 01:49:00 pm »

Like that's what he purposefully set out to do when he was first sworn in.

He might actually be. There are some Republicans who have decided that the only way to do away with social programs and welfare and regulation like they want to is to literally not be able to pay for them -- by a combination of lowering taxes and spending lots of money on national defense/security. If they is no money to pay for them, people will have to let them be trimmed to nothing.

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Pyperlie
Adept Member
Last Login:July 04, 2011, 09:45:31 pm

Religion: Agnostic

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #16: April 13, 2008, 02:58:34 pm »

WASHINGTON - The Bush administration is likely to move its research on one of the most contagious animal diseases from an isolated island laboratory to the U.S. mainland near herds of livestock, raising concerns about a catastrophic outbreak.

I'd seen a longer piece awhile ago on Alternet, but I hate to link to them usually: Is a New, Dangerous Biohazard Site Coming to Your State Soon?.  But there may be no stopping them; Homeland Security is setting up a station w/the EnviroCops (don't even get me started on those bastards), and one other group I can't remember, around here, and I don't have any idea what I can do to stop them.

~~~Pyperlie<^>

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Is no one inspired by our present picture of the universe? Our poets do not write about it; our artists do not try to portray this remarkable thing. The value of science remains unsung by singers: you are reduced to hearing not a song or poem, but an evening lecture about it. This is not yet a scientific age."
              -----Richard Feynman

I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
               ----Sarah Williams
Pyperlie
Adept Member
Last Login:July 04, 2011, 09:45:31 pm

Religion: Agnostic

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #17: April 13, 2008, 03:01:18 pm »

Sometimes I wonder if Bush is happy that he wrecked the entire economy.  Like that's what he purposefully set out to do when he was first sworn in.

Maybe that's what he's so mother*%*$^)@# cheerful about lately; I wish I believed in hell, so I could wish him there. Angry

~~~Pyperlie<^>

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Is no one inspired by our present picture of the universe? Our poets do not write about it; our artists do not try to portray this remarkable thing. The value of science remains unsung by singers: you are reduced to hearing not a song or poem, but an evening lecture about it. This is not yet a scientific age."
              -----Richard Feynman

I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
               ----Sarah Williams
nigel
Adept Member
Last Login:May 10, 2010, 10:44:56 pm

Religion: Seeking

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #18: April 13, 2008, 03:52:51 pm »

Any one else think that is another way for Homeland Security to validate themselves? Like "See we're not useless waste of money, were protecting you from a horrible disease lab outbreak" maybe it's just my inner cynic (heck, outer cynic) but I strongly suspect something like this. Maybe when we get a new pres they will get rid of the stupid Homeland Security crap.

----------------------------------------------
I'm a naughty monkey
loneash
Master Member
Last Login:June 12, 2010, 12:58:45 pm

Religion: eclectic pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #19: April 16, 2008, 08:28:51 pm »

Any one else think that is another way for Homeland Security to validate themselves? Like "See we're not useless waste of money, were protecting you from a horrible disease lab outbreak" maybe it's just my inner cynic (heck, outer cynic) but I strongly suspect something like this. Maybe when we get a new pres they will get rid of the stupid Homeland Security crap.

From what I have seen of Homeland Security, they are so bogged down in thier own entrenchment and thier own excretement, that there is no way they can validate themselves.    Everything they touch is corruted or a bloomin failure.
nigel
Adept Member
Last Login:May 10, 2010, 10:44:56 pm

Religion: Seeking

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #20: April 16, 2008, 09:00:28 pm »

Well, we all know that, but they are probably trying this stunt to get the american stupids (I mean public) to think "Ooh, they are doing something" though what worries me most is just that Homeland Security is just a bunch of mess ups and can't really do anything right.

----------------------------------------------
I'm a naughty monkey

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)