The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
December 05, 2020, 06:59:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 05, 2020, 06:59:46 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Current Religious Projects?  (Read 14862 times)
treekisser
Adept Member
Last Login:July 30, 2011, 05:18:30 pm
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: Bajoran

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #30: March 11, 2007, 01:17:13 am »

Projectwise, I'm still working on and off with trying to systematise Kemetic theology in a mostly non-denominational way (in practice, I suspect it willb e my denomination, which is currently me, but hey); this project has morphed in several places since I started it, and is currently at what I think is a workable level in current state of cope and sanity.

Personal-wise ... I'm currently going through a lot of work on integrating fragmentary bits of self (this was provoked by my Feri training, and I wound up picking up a book on shamanic soul retrieval in the Harnerian paradigm to supplement that) and doing a lot of wrestling with personal demons.  We shall see how that goes.

Darkhawk, do you mind giving me the title? I'm looking for info on shamanism right now and anything would be helpful.

Though I wonder if it's the Sandra Ingerman soul-retrieval book...?

'Whatever such a mind sees is a flower, and whatever such a mind dreams of is the moon.' - Basho

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

treekisser
Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #31: March 11, 2007, 01:19:53 am »

Well, since I've been busy with school and now trying to catch up on Cauldron stuff (*meaningful look*  Tongue), don't really have any big religious projects going on.

BUT I have a small one. On bus rides which are too short for reading, I try and mentally pray instead of just thinking random thoughts.  Tongue

'Whatever such a mind sees is a flower, and whatever such a mind dreams of is the moon.' - Basho
Mandi
Adept Member
Last Login:June 03, 2011, 01:52:13 am
United States United States

Religion: ergghhhmmmmnnnnn....

Did the big meanies break yer speshulness

Blog entries (48)

Ignore
« Reply #32: March 11, 2007, 08:58:16 am »

Mandi, please PLEASE take your concerns to the management!

Sounds like that job is pure hell...I will be hoping you can find something else much better for your health!

As of Friday I quit!!!

Celebrated with a pitcher or margaritas, and the next day a trip to home depot for flats of petunias and marigolds.  Thank goodness, and good riddance.

I'm gonna tell my son to join a circus so that death is cheap
And games are just another way of life
And I'm gonna tell my son to be a prophet of mistakes
Because for every truth there are half a million lies
And I'm gonna lock my son up in a tower
Till he learns to let his hair down far enough to climb outside.
-LIz Pahir
Altair
Adept Member
Last Login:December 18, 2012, 06:59:40 am

Religion: Wiccan-ish pantheistic polytheist

Follow your star wherever it may lead

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #33: March 11, 2007, 10:56:23 am »

What issues are you confronting in your spiritual and/or religious journey?  What things are you working on or learning more about?

I forgot to mention another project: delving into sacred geometry. Some of that ties into the myth writing, oddly enough.

BGMarc
Adept Member
Last Login:August 17, 2011, 09:57:32 pm
Australia Australia

Religion: Stoic (with declining druidic/wiccish hangovers and emergent Hellenic/Kemetic affiliations)

Blog entries (0)

Marc Larkin 6marc9

Ignore
« Reply #34: March 12, 2007, 06:41:04 am »

I'm trying to reconcile myself to doubt. It doesn't make me less of a Stoic, nor does it mean that I am somehow not 'serious' about my philosophy. Or does it Tongue

BGMarc

"If Michelangelo had been straight, the Sistine Chapel would have been wallpapered" Robin Tyler

It's the saddest thing in the world when you can only feel big by making others feel small. - UPG

Stupidity cannot be cured. Stupidity is the only universal capital crime. The sentence is death. There is no appeal and sentence is carried out automatically and without pity. Lazarus Long.

BGMarc at the Pub
treekisser
Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #35: March 12, 2007, 09:33:23 am »

I'm trying to reconcile myself to doubt. It doesn't make me less of a Stoic, nor does it mean that I am somehow not 'serious' about my philosophy. Or does it Tongue

BGMarc

Geez! One of those philosophical paradoxes! If you stoically accept doubts about Stoicism for peace of mind, does that make you more or less of a Stoic...argh argh argh my head!  Tongue

BGMarc
Adept Member
Last Login:August 17, 2011, 09:57:32 pm
Australia Australia

Religion: Stoic (with declining druidic/wiccish hangovers and emergent Hellenic/Kemetic affiliations)

Blog entries (0)

Marc Larkin 6marc9

Ignore
« Reply #36: March 12, 2007, 08:23:56 pm »

Geez! One of those philosophical paradoxes! If you stoically accept doubts about Stoicism for peace of mind, does that make you more or less of a Stoic...argh argh argh my head!  Tongue

Well, you've hit the nail on the head there. The Stoic sage would say that it is within their nature to doubt and would work to face that doubt with equanimity. But I'm not sure that that's what I'm doing, because I have doubts Tongue

(You think your head hurts Smiley)

"If Michelangelo had been straight, the Sistine Chapel would have been wallpapered" Robin Tyler

It's the saddest thing in the world when you can only feel big by making others feel small. - UPG

Stupidity cannot be cured. Stupidity is the only universal capital crime. The sentence is death. There is no appeal and sentence is carried out automatically and without pity. Lazarus Long.

BGMarc at the Pub
violentsound
Journeyman
Last Login:July 05, 2011, 02:15:47 am
Canada Canada

Religion: Witch

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #37: March 13, 2007, 01:19:25 am »

Well, my projects are currently all caught up in some big Life Changes:

I'm quitting school (again, heh) and moving to Ireland, where I intend to focus on my artwork. This has resulted in some pretty serious fallout with my best friends and roommates, naturally, and subsequently I've had to re-examine what sort of person I am and what sort of people I want around me. Mundane, yes... but it also gets all mixed up in my spirituality. (For one thing, I know one deity quite recently introduced into my life is laughing hysterically at me...)

Moving to Ireland means my newest project will most likely be investigating 'fairy roads' and ghost hunting. *laughs* Moving also means I'll be reunited with my sister, which is exciting - she's fun to work with magically. She also says she has a copy of Ramsey Duke's Demons over there for me, so I'm sure that'll inspire me to try interesting things.

- N
Fausta
Reserve Staff
Staff
Journeyman
Last Login:December 08, 2012, 09:06:42 pm
Finland Finland

Religion: Thelema / Religio Romana -ish

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #38: April 16, 2007, 05:55:50 am »

My current religious project is simply to have the house altars find their places so I can set them up. :-P

Fausta Acilia Mus
Jenett
High Adept Member
Last Login:February 23, 2020, 06:56:44 pm

Religion: Priestess in initiatory religious witchcraft tradition

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #39: April 16, 2007, 08:04:04 am »

What issues are you confronting in your spiritual and/or religious journey?  What things are you working on or learning more about?

Doing the 'trying to keep a personal devotional life going alongside school, group, and coven commitments' thing.

Once we hit May and the school thing eats less of my brain for 6 weeks, I have a list of stuff I need to work on for my 3rd degree. (It's a remarkably short list, actually, after my last meeting with my HP about it, which is a little scary.) But part of it involves pulling together ritual ideas/seeds for a variety of rituals for quick use (memorial, etc. stuff that may come up fast, and that I want at my fingertips should it become necessary.) and I haven't had time and energy to focus on that.

In general, I've been doing tremendous amounts of work on poking at past relationships, what I want in future, what patterns need to change in my life to sustain what I want to do, and then finishing school and finding a job so I can *do* those things and stop stressing about the practical aspects quite so much. Which really is religious, on a bunch of levels, which has helped somewhat with the frustrations about not doing much else.

Blog: Thoughts from a threshold: http://gleewood.org/threshold
Info for seekers: http://gleewood.org/seeking
Pagan books and resources: http://gleewood.org/books
Garnet
Adept Member
Last Login:November 01, 2015, 10:19:49 pm

Religion: Departmental; Eclectic/NeoWiccan, Feri/Morningstar Student, Thelemite

My path is an omelet

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #40: April 24, 2007, 10:00:33 pm »

When I first read this discussion, part of my response would have been different.  Then I would have said that I was working on learning more about Ceremonial rituals.  Which I still am, but it's sorta been back-burnered the past month or so.

I've been doing a lot of "mundane" work lately - starting a new job, signing a lease on an apartment, cleaning and getting ready to pack.  I consider this magic too - some of the most powerful magic I can do, to build a life for myself.  I'm reaching a point where (knock on wood) it's starting to come together, and I'm able to think of what else I want.

I've been reclaiming a lot of things lately, mostly good things that got twisted.  (A lot of this stems from my Feri work.)  I've been acknowledging my intellectual side, my talents, my ambition, my love of all sorts of art, and some stuff from my previous magical experience.  Some of it's been squashed for awhile - it's hard to convey that there's a sense of urgency to this work, but it's there.

I've also been trying to become close to the deities I'm devoted to.  There have been Others who have been present, too (especially Seshat lately.)

I've been getting outside more, and walking around, and listening.  I've been walking not just in parks, but also around interesting buildings, and in courtyard-ish areas.  Looking for connection, not separation, in "people-made" and "natural" things.

I would like to be doing more work with my magical network, but I have a strong sense of "open the way for yourself first".  So I am.

Garnet
Adept Member
Last Login:November 01, 2015, 10:19:49 pm

Religion: Departmental; Eclectic/NeoWiccan, Feri/Morningstar Student, Thelemite

My path is an omelet

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #41: April 24, 2007, 11:19:25 pm »

I don't know if "projects" is really the word I want here...  I know that many people here actively work on their religious development, either through exploring ideas and beliefs or by doing research or by developing or integrating new practices. 

Heh, I forgot to mention another major thing.  I've started keeping Brighid's flame with the Cauldron Cill.  In addition to trying to understand my creativity better and use it to honor Her, I've been thinking more about healing.

SatAset
Adept Member
Last Login:November 06, 2011, 11:27:55 pm

Religion: Kemetic Orthodox, Heathen, Orisa devotee

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #42: April 26, 2007, 03:54:49 pm »

I don't know if "projects" is really the word I want here...  I know that many people here actively work on their religious development, either through exploring ideas and beliefs or by doing research or by developing or integrating new practices.  Or of course, less comfortably, through grappling with difficult questions.  I thought it might be interesting to see what everyone's doing.  What issues are you confronting in your spiritual and/or religious journey?  What things are you working on or learning more about?

Hmmm. 

I'm going to start taking martial arts classes for my self esteem, strength and spiritual developement. 

I'm going to start beading, drawing and mask making when I get the chance. 

I'm enrolled in a graduate program for religious studies.  Doing that I consider a nod to my own love of learning and the deities in my life that consider knowledge important. 

I'm working on my own path and the forthcoming website will expand on that. 

I am the Goddess of Who I can Become. I mix the magic of the sorceress with the blade of a warrior. I walk the liminal pathways to see the face of the Goddess, both terrible and kind. As She stares back at me, I tremble in awe and ecstasy.  --Me
Juni
Adept Member
Last Login:May 18, 2015, 04:18:28 pm

Religion: Misticism
TCN ID: Juni

Strive to be happy.

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #43: April 26, 2007, 03:57:24 pm »

Well, as I've "finished" the FAQ (I think FAQs are inherently unfinished, but...) I'm starting to work on actual practices. I've procrastinated a bit, trying to figure out which practices to start with (and then I got a much needed clue-by-four that hey, maybe the beginning might not be a bad place to start), but I'm finally sitting down and getting to work.

I'm still working on the practices, but I've finally finished the design for my prayer beads (I've been planning and rearranging and thinking for what feels like a really long time). Now I just need to get the materials and make it!

.: Eleven-Pm.org .:. updated 30 June :.

"I don't go anywhere without my mutated anthrax! 'Fer duck huntin." - Futurama

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)