The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
October 13, 2019, 08:57:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 13, 2019, 08:57:06 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: pet protection spells  (Read 5945 times)
rose
High Adept Member
Last Login:September 01, 2011, 10:16:28 pm
United States United States

Religion: Shakti Wiccan with Reclaiming leanings
TCN ID: rose

Blog entries (0)

rose shannon

Ignore
« Topic Start: April 25, 2008, 09:45:25 pm »

Who has some good ones?
I am thinking Pearl needs one b/c my neighbor's icky, creepy adult son keeps teasing her, when he's around. She can be barky, he has a legitimate complaint against her, but the more he rattles her the more she does her thing, duh. I have not yet spoken to him, have not had the appropriate opportunity, but will of course do that as well.
tia for any ideas/help

Goddess grant me:
  The power of Water,
  to accept with ease & grace what I cannot change.

The power of Fire,
  for the energy & courage to change the things I can.

The power of Air,
  for the ability and wisdom to know the difference.

And the power of Earth,
  for the strength to continue my path.

http://rosejayadal.blogspot.com/

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Marilyn (ABSENTMINDED)
Assistant Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:February 06, 2013, 08:12:28 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: free-flowing animist, Dudeist Priest
TCN ID: Absentminded

Blog entries (11)

« Reply #1: April 25, 2008, 10:44:13 pm »

I have to admit that barking dogs drive me nuts.  I'm more likely to call animal control than try to harm the dog, though.

Absent

"There's nothing wrong with you that reincarnation won't cure."
- Jack E. Leonard

Blessed are the cracked, for it is they who let in the light.

Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in

L Cohen
rose
High Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

rose shannon

Ignore
« Reply #2: April 25, 2008, 10:54:04 pm »

I have to admit that barking dogs drive me nuts.  I'm more likely to call animal control than try to harm the dog, though.

Absent

well, that's the thing. I understand his irritation, but I also know that he makes it worse with teasing her, and he thinks it's fun. Detestable. I have quite a lot of protection on the house and property and everyone in it already, I am perhaps overreacting, it's true. I have to say something to him, the next time I catch him though, he's *so icky about it. He sneaks up on her and barks-so gross.

Goddess grant me:
  The power of Water,

The power of Fire,

The power of Air,

And the power of Earth,

Mari
Adept Member
Last Login:October 10, 2010, 03:39:46 pm

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #3: April 26, 2008, 10:06:39 am »

Same here. Especially since we're apartment dwellers. Lexington has both a barking dog ordinance and a noise ordinance - both are enforced 24/7 (when the police have time and resources). When we still lived in the townhouse in another neighborhood in either 2003 or 2004, I very neatly and orderly had a neighbor evicted because she couldn't keep her Jack Russel under control. I have absolutely no qualms in doing stuff like that - especially when it's infringing upon my rights, my lease, and my mental and emotional health.
rose
High Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

rose shannon

Ignore
« Reply #4: April 26, 2008, 01:19:22 pm »

Same here. Especially since we're apartment dwellers. Lexington has both a barking dog ordinance and a noise ordinance - both are enforced 24/7 (when the police have time and resources). When we still lived in the townhouse in another neighborhood in either 2003 or 2004, I very neatly and orderly had a neighbor evicted because she couldn't keep her Jack Russel under control. I have absolutely no qualms in doing stuff like that - especially when it's infringing upon my rights, my lease, and my mental and emotional health.

um, that's not Pearl. What I was asking for was pet protection spellwork ideas, not how much people hate barking dogs.

Goddess grant me:
  The power of Water,

The power of Fire,

The power of Air,

And the power of Earth,

LyricFox
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:September 04, 2011, 02:39:11 pm

Religion: Lapsed Hellenic Reconstructionist

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #5: April 26, 2008, 01:40:33 pm »

um, that's not Pearl. What I was asking for was pet protection spellwork ideas, not how much people hate barking dogs.

Rose,

You know this board well enough to realize that when you start a thread on something, it sometimes drifts. I can appreciate that you're looking for information, but please don't attempt to tell people how to post.

Having said that, have you looked at TC's spell grimoire.

Visit The Breast Cancer Site & Click to fund free Mammograms
Hosts' Store: Doxy's Bazaar (w/Pagan Items)
Need Web Hosting? See The Cheap Web Hosting Report
rose
High Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

rose shannon

Ignore
« Reply #6: April 26, 2008, 01:51:50 pm »

Rose,

You know this board well enough to realize that when you start a thread on something, it sometimes drifts. I can appreciate that you're looking for information, but please don't attempt to tell people how to post.

Having said that, have you looked at TC's spell grimoire.

sorry for getting testy, I am probably being too sensitive-it's kind of a sensitive issue for me.
I haven't looked in the grimoire, but I will, thanks for the idea.

Goddess grant me:
  The power of Water,

The power of Fire,

The power of Air,

And the power of Earth,

Sine Silvering
Board Staff
Master Member
Last Login:February 20, 2011, 01:32:14 pm

Religion: priestess, Gardnerian Wicca

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #7: April 27, 2008, 01:04:26 am »

Who has some good ones?
I am thinking Pearl needs one b/c my neighbor's icky, creepy adult son keeps teasing her, when he's around. She can be barky, he has a legitimate complaint against her, but the more he rattles her the more she does her thing, duh. I have not yet spoken to him, have not had the appropriate opportunity, but will of course do that as well.
tia for any ideas/help

If you don't instruct him on how to behave around her soon, she's likely to bite him.  that's what happens when dogs are teased and have no protection.  The longer it goes on, the worse it will be.

That being said, the last time I lived in a multi-unit I had a dog that bothered people with her barking.  She was a watchdog who barked when someone used the shared entrance.  Unfortunately her favorite place to stand to do so was on the other side of a wall to the neighbor's new baby's nursery, and when this happened at 4am while I was at work and the guy downstairs was crawling home from a night in the bars, the noise would wake the baby.

So for fourteen months (till my lease ran out) I took the dog to my parents' house for the night on my way to work.  It was only a 25-mile detour.

Then I moved.

--------------
BlessÚd Be!

When men speak ill of thee, live so as no one will believe them.
---Old Farmers Almanac, 1832
rose
High Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

rose shannon

Ignore
« Reply #8: April 27, 2008, 11:31:37 am »

If you don't instruct him on how to behave around her soon, she's likely to bite him.  that's what happens when dogs are teased and have no protection.  The longer it goes on, the worse it will be.

That being said, the last time I lived in a multi-unit I had a dog that bothered people with her barking.  She was a watchdog who barked when someone used the shared entrance.  Unfortunately her favorite place to stand to do so was on the other side of a wall to the neighbor's new baby's nursery, and when this happened at 4am while I was at work and the guy downstairs was crawling home from a night in the bars, the noise would wake the baby.

So for fourteen months (till my lease ran out) I took the dog to my parents' house for the night on my way to work.  It was only a 25-mile detour.

Then I moved.

I don't think he can get enough access to her to get bitten-he either leans over his deck and yells at her (whether she's barking or not) or teases her until she barks from the front window, especially later in the day when she's waiting for us to come home. He's really pretty creepy about it. We don't let her have in and out access at night, so if she barks at night in a watchdog way, she's only waking the people she's supposed to be waking anyway. And it's not like she's one of those bark all the time type of dogs...her thing is, her bark is *piercing and can get really hysterical-she's a terrier mix, only about 20# but gods, does she have set of pipes on her. It can really be annoying, so I understand why he doesn't like her. But it's just wrong to tease any animal, no matter how much they bug you.

Goddess grant me:
  The power of Water,

The power of Fire,

The power of Air,

And the power of Earth,

Celtee
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:May 02, 2013, 06:50:08 pm

Religion: Wandering Seeker with Celtic and Hedgewitch leanings
TCN ID: SilverWolf

The lone wolf waits...

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #9: April 27, 2008, 01:10:13 pm »

But it's just wrong to tease any animal, no matter how much they bug you.

Then why don't you confront him about it? If he doesn't stop, contact the local police department about what he's doing...it might be considered harassment.

"It's only forever
Not long at all"
~~Jareth

"Time may change me
But I can't trace time
I said that time may change me
But I can't trace time"
Changes
~~ David Bowie

"Why do you have to be a nonconformist like everybody else?"
~~James Thurber
rose
High Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

rose shannon

Ignore
« Reply #10: April 27, 2008, 02:06:25 pm »

Then why don't you confront him about it? If he doesn't stop, contact the local police department about what he's doing...it might be considered harassment.

I want to get him when he's doing it, if I can. He tends to be the kind of guy that scuttles away. Plus, I don't want to make it into a confrontation of the level you are describing, if I can possibly avoid it, b/c in my experience does nothing for neighbor relations at all. I already have a whole bunch of protection to keep these folks off us, which is working quite well in terms of my family and property, and I don't want to mess that up by fiddling with it unecessarily. I just want to make sure Pearl is not bothered by him.

Goddess grant me:
  The power of Water,

The power of Fire,

The power of Air,

And the power of Earth,

LyricFox
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #11: April 27, 2008, 02:11:34 pm »

I want to get him when he's doing it, if I can. He tends to be the kind of guy that scuttles away. Plus, I don't want to make it into a confrontation of the level you are describing, if I can possibly avoid it, b/c in my experience does nothing for neighbor relations at all. I already have a whole bunch of protection to keep these folks off us, which is working quite well in terms of my family and property, and I don't want to mess that up by fiddling with it unecessarily. I just want to make sure Pearl is not bothered by him.

Rose,

Something you haven't said about this. Is Pearl outside all the time? What about simply bringing her in when she barks? I know my neighbor has a dog that is outside 24/7 and gives vent a whole lot with his voice. Barking dogs drive me over the edge...particularly when the owner doesn't even acknowledge his dog is out being a nuisance...and that's what I've got going here.

If Pearl is doing a lot of barking, you might want to consider bringing her in or making an attempt to stop her barking. While that won't solve your pesky neighbor issue, it would keep you in the good graces of your other neighbors.

rose
High Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

rose shannon

Ignore
« Reply #12: April 27, 2008, 02:16:26 pm »

Rose,

Something you haven't said about this. Is Pearl outside all the time? What about simply bringing her in when she barks? I know my neighbor has a dog that is outside 24/7 and gives vent a whole lot with his voice. Barking dogs drive me over the edge...particularly when the owner doesn't even acknowledge his dog is out being a nuisance...and that's what I've got going here.

If Pearl is doing a lot of barking, you might want to consider bringing her in or making an attempt to stop her barking. While that won't solve your pesky neighbor issue, it would keep you in the good graces of your other neighbors.

She does have outdoor access through the dog door during the day, and when we are not here all day I think is when there is trouble with barking. Mind you, this guy has never complained about Pearl's barking directly, nor have any of our other neighbors. In fact, there are much barkier dogs across the fence on two sides of them, but Pearl is the one he has easy access too. Hm. One thing I'm thinking of doing, is if we aren't going to be gone more than a few hours to just close the dog door, when he's around.

Goddess grant me:
  The power of Water,

The power of Fire,

The power of Air,

And the power of Earth,

LyricFox
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #13: April 27, 2008, 02:21:27 pm »

She does have outdoor access through the dog door during the day, and when we are not here all day I think is when there is trouble with barking. Mind you, this guy has never complained about Pearl's barking directly, nor have any of our other neighbors. In fact, there are much barkier dogs across the fence on two sides of them, but Pearl is the one he has easy access too. Hm. One thing I'm thinking of doing, is if we aren't going to be gone more than a few hours to just close the dog door, when he's around.

Yep. And get her a crate (you don't say what size she is but there are crates for all sizes). Remove her access to him and you'll go a long way to solving your problem.

Celtee
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:May 02, 2013, 06:50:08 pm

Religion: Wandering Seeker with Celtic and Hedgewitch leanings
TCN ID: SilverWolf

The lone wolf waits...

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #14: April 27, 2008, 03:58:30 pm »

Well, IMO, if he "tends to scuttle away" as you say he does, you may never be able to catch him in the act when he's doing it and may have to "beard the lion in his den" and actually go knock on his door to talk to him. Then make it perfectly clear, with no room for misinterpretation and/or misunderstanding, that his harassment of your dog has got to stop or you will notify police about it.  Whether you really want to involve the police in it or not, they may have to be...especially if what he's doing can be considered as harassment of not just the dog but also the dog's owners.

"It's only forever
Not long at all"
~~Jareth

"Time may change me
But I can't trace time
I said that time may change me
But I can't trace time"
Changes
~~ David Bowie

"Why do you have to be a nonconformist like everybody else?"
~~James Thurber

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)