The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
October 23, 2020, 07:07:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2020, 07:07:51 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: What Are You Reading Now?  (Read 98425 times)
Gillyflower
Journeyman
Last Login:February 19, 2017, 02:49:46 pm
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: Dark Paganism

I do what my M&Ms tell me to.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #720: June 28, 2011, 01:44:25 pm »

The storybooks that my brother got for his 3rd birthday. I've fought my stepmum over one of them. Am I sad or what?  Tongue

~Know this, and let it somewhat raise your spite,
Through darkness diamonds spread their richest light.~

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Satsekhem
High Adept Member
Last Login:October 16, 2011, 11:51:56 am
United States United States

Religion: Something? Somewhere?

I rock so hardcore.

Blog entries (0)

aubs.taylor

Ignore
« Reply #721: June 28, 2011, 06:20:00 pm »

Akhenaten and Tutankhamun: Revolution and Restoration by David P. Silverman

Sekhemib-Nymaatre; spiritual blog.
Thanks For All the Fish; opinionated ranty blog.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be. - Douglas Adams
Lokabrenna
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:December 03, 2012, 09:14:37 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: Goddess-oriented Pagan with Vanic tendencies

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #722: June 30, 2011, 11:36:56 pm »

I am currently about halfway through The Clan of the Cave Bear by Jean M. Auel, because I'm tired of certain feminist writers picking it apart as if it was non-fiction and had to read it for myself. It's also rekindled my interest in Neopagan totemism.

I also just started reading Delilah by India Edghill. I LOVED Wisdom's Daughter and so far I like this one even though I'm not that far in at the moment.

I think I might re-read the Chalion series by Lois McMaster Bujold, because it's just that awesome.

After that, it's all up in the air.
Arienwen
Adept Member
Last Login:July 18, 2011, 10:45:21 am

Religion: exploring hellenistic recon

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #723: July 01, 2011, 12:39:57 pm »

I am currently about halfway through The Clan of the Cave Bear by Jean M. Auel, because I'm tired of certain feminist writers picking it apart as if it was non-fiction and had to read it for myself. It's also rekindled my interest in Neopagan totemism.

I also just started reading Delilah by India Edghill. I LOVED Wisdom's Daughter and so far I like this one even though I'm not that far in at the moment.

I think I might re-read the Chalion series by Lois McMaster Bujold, because it's just that awesome.

After that, it's all up in the air.

Just getting back into the Outlander Series by Diana Gabaldon.  That should keep me occupied for the near future.   Cheesy
Chakabe
Apprentice
Last Login:July 05, 2011, 03:43:41 pm

Religion: Studying Pagan / Druid

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #724: July 01, 2011, 10:43:34 pm »

Just getting back into the Outlander Series by Diana Gabaldon.  That should keep me occupied for the near future.   Cheesy

I am reading the Harry Potter series (Not that it has anything to do with my studies. I read it because it was what started me into reading all those years ago. So to that tune I bought the whole series. So that I could get back to it.) Not to mention it is to me an awesome series.

Other then that I am reading some various books on the subjects of Paganism / Druidry(Specifically)

<-- Click the egg please need help hatching-Thank you Cheesy
Adder
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:October 07, 2014, 01:04:49 am
Australia Australia

Religion: Goddess

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #725: July 02, 2011, 02:27:01 am »

Someone had to start this thread after the move; I thought I'd go ahead and do it.  Smiley  What are you reading, how is it, and would you recommend it?

Liber Novus, looks nice on the coffee table as well. First half is scans of the original, in german or something, and the rest is english translation. Its Carl Jung writing about his experiences in trying to discover about truth seemingly from Elijah and Salome.

Just a warlock devoted to the Goddess
Dragondaughter
Adept Member
Last Login:November 18, 2011, 01:40:56 am

Religion: Work in progress, seasoned with insanity..

How do I get there from here?

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #726: July 02, 2011, 11:47:31 am »

Quaternary Magmatism in the Cascades-Geologic Perspectives, a USGS professional paper that shows the geologic history of the Cascade Mountains. This one is 136 pages out of the ream of papers sitting on my desk that I need to read for my internship.

For 'fun' I'm reading Agents of Chaos by Stephen L. Harris which is actually another geological book, as well as Nordic Gods and Heroes by Padraic Colum.

Yeah..... I have strange reading habits...

Practicing...? No, experiencing Spiritual ADD for 20+ years...yeah that's it... sigh. Wink

"To understand the things that are at our door is the best preparation for understanding those things that lie beyond." Hypatia of Alexandria
Asch
Master Member
Last Login:July 14, 2011, 07:55:40 pm

Religion: OBOD & ADF

Blog entries (0)

CEPAsh

Ignore
« Reply #727: July 02, 2011, 07:44:04 pm »

Quaternary Magmatism in the Cascades-Geologic Perspectives, a USGS professional paper that shows the geologic history of the Cascade Mountains. This one is 136 pages out of the ream of papers sitting on my desk that I need to read for my internship.

For 'fun' I'm reading Agents of Chaos by Stephen L. Harris which is actually another geological book, as well as Nordic Gods and Heroes by Padraic Colum.

Yeah..... I have strange reading habits...

I live near the Cascade foothills, I love the wackadoo geology around here Smiley

Check out my blog http://therealrantingash.blogspot.com WARNING here be naughty words and snark!

ADF blog http://dedicantspath.blogspot.com

Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call to her tribunal every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blindfolded fear. - Thomas Jefferson

It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God. - Thomas Jefferson
Dragondaughter
Adept Member
Last Login:November 18, 2011, 01:40:56 am

Religion: Work in progress, seasoned with insanity..

How do I get there from here?

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #728: July 02, 2011, 10:45:33 pm »

I live near the Cascade foothills, I love the wackadoo geology around here Smiley

I'm smack dab in the middle of the Willamette Valley, about 6 or so hours south of you. I've been intrigued by the geology around here since I was a kid, so when I decided to go back to school an Earth Science degree seemed right up my alley. The math is going to kill this old brain of mine though!

Practicing...? No, experiencing Spiritual ADD for 20+ years...yeah that's it... sigh. Wink

"To understand the things that are at our door is the best preparation for understanding those things that lie beyond." Hypatia of Alexandria
Asch
Master Member
Last Login:July 14, 2011, 07:55:40 pm

Religion: OBOD & ADF

Blog entries (0)

CEPAsh

Ignore
« Reply #729: July 02, 2011, 10:55:31 pm »

I'm smack dab in the middle of the Willamette Valley, about 6 or so hours south of you. I've been intrigued by the geology around here since I was a kid, so when I decided to go back to school an Earth Science degree seemed right up my alley. The math is going to kill this old brain of mine though!

Heh, I feel you, I was originally shooting for an environmental science degree from UW but my brain melted during Pre-Calculus at my community college so a combination of HOLY CRAP at the course load (three quarters of physics!) and health issues lead me to pursue a B.S. in environmental policy and management from Kaplan online.  I just hope its worth the paper its printed on.

I just learned the other day that the portion of the hill I live on isn't clay as I've always thought -every garden we have that grows anything worthwhile is made up of soil that was brought in or composted - but rather the bottom of an ice age lake bed/silt. Weird.

Check out my blog http://therealrantingash.blogspot.com WARNING here be naughty words and snark!

ADF blog http://dedicantspath.blogspot.com

Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call to her tribunal every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blindfolded fear. - Thomas Jefferson

It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God. - Thomas Jefferson

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)