The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
March 07, 2021, 04:51:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 07, 2021, 04:51:05 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Experimentation and Magic  (Read 12805 times)
Fausta
Reserve Staff
Staff
Journeyman
Last Login:December 08, 2012, 09:06:42 pm
Finland Finland

Religion: Thelema / Religio Romana -ish

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #30: April 15, 2007, 11:46:58 am »

Droopy?

That's the dog! I drew a blank trying to remember the character's name in English (and, funny enough, can't remember the Finnish one now...).

Fausta Acilia Mus

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

wisdomsbane
Adept Member
Last Login:November 23, 2008, 08:14:43 pm
United States United States

Religion: "generic" pagan/pathfinder

"Meh, humans, blech!"

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #31: June 23, 2008, 05:08:07 am »

While experimentation isn't exclusive to chaos magic, I do find that Chaos magic tends to encourage experimentation in its practitioners.  However, this question *is* open to all magical practitioners.

What has been the most interesting magical experiment you carried out (ie, where you tested a new idea, or tested a variant of a working model, etc)?  It doesn't have to be your greatest succcess (although success is usually nice), just the most interesting experience/ lesson that you would like to share.  What did you do?  What happened?  Would you do it again?   Do you regret having tried it?

Trying to see through someone else's eyes.  Literally.  The person was about two hundred miles away, and I tried to see what they were seeing, or possibly thinking.  I had been playing around with the idea for a while because of something that had happened recently (at the time).

I'm not sure how successful it was, or if it was successful at all.  But the thing that brought about the experiment was interesting to say the least... I had woken up to my husband yelling at about 2:30 in the morning.  He was in West Virginia and I was in New York.  Him yelling was the end of a dream in which he was being attacked.  It bothered me more than similar dreams i had had so I finally ended up calling him at about 4:00 in the morning, only to find out he had been in a fight... at about 2:30.

The thing is, when I called it wasn't him that answered but a friend of ours.  I told her to tell him not to get into any fights.  She didn't answer for a while and then asked why I would say something like that.  I explained the dream to her, including the part that woke me.  Again silence on the other end for a bit, then she handed the phone to her fiancee, to have him tell me what had happened.  Apparently, he and my husband had been out somewhere, and had gotten into a fight trying to protect or help a third person.  And the yell I heard came at about the same time as my husband had been yelling something at their "opponents".  He didn't go into alot of detail, he actually seemed a bit creeped out about the dream and the fact that I had taken it to heart enough to do something about it.  These friends of ours had known for a while that I was not "normal", but took the whole "Pagan thing" as just being a part of me, and not really gone all that indepth into what it was that I believed, etc.

Anyway, that brought me to trying to "force" this sort of experience, which I have tried a few times with varying results, usually ones which would take more of an understanding of what the person was thinking at the time to really know whether they worked or not.  One in particular had me looking through my mother's eyes at my "baby" brother on a hospital bed, although why, I still haven't figured out.  I chalk that up to my idea that that is where my brother is going to end up one of these days anyway, if he doesn't shape up his act.  *side note:  there is good reason for my family to have called me "little mama" since before I hit my teens.*

Anyway, I have tried other things, usually sparked by something happening that I couldn't really quite explain away as coincidence.  I tend to take the view that if I experience it, and can replicate that experience then it is knowledge, if I don't experience it then it is belief, and if I cannot replicate the experience then it falls somewhere in between (theory, maybe?). Undecided

What you think is possible.  Anything that is possible can become real.  Therefore, reality is a state of mind.
My Writings So Far

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)