The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
May 15, 2021, 05:20:22 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2021, 05:20:22 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Working Skyclad(nude)  (Read 31490 times)
Dark Midnight
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 05, 2011, 01:47:57 am
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: Religious Crystal Witch and FlameKeeper

1 beautiful soul is worth a thousand pretty faces!

Blog entries (0)

Sharon-Anne Bateman

Ignore
« Reply #105: December 14, 2010, 02:35:02 am »

It's even freezing in the summer? Oh man, I would die.

I live near Manchester, the rainiest city in the UK. I am also on the edge of the Peak District National Park which gets a hell of a lot of snow. It is a heatwave here if it gets anywhere near 20 degrees C! (It's a little nippy.....)

Never forget that it is MY life, no-one else's!

"Payback? Yes, I think so!"

"I seem to exist in a very pretty slice of Hell- Hello? Is there anyone else here?"

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

sparrow125
Master Member
Last Login:July 19, 2011, 06:21:33 pm
United States United States

Religion: pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #106: December 14, 2010, 02:48:56 am »

I live near Manchester, the rainiest city in the UK. I am also on the edge of the Peak District National Park which gets a hell of a lot of snow. It is a heatwave here if it gets anywhere near 20 degrees C! (It's a little nippy.....)

Shocked Dear gods... How do you LIVE?! lol, and I complain about how rainy and cold Washington is!
Dark Midnight
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 05, 2011, 01:47:57 am

Religion: Religious Crystal Witch and FlameKeeper

1 beautiful soul is worth a thousand pretty faces!

Blog entries (0)

Sharon-Anne Bateman

Ignore
« Reply #107: December 15, 2010, 01:35:31 am »

Shocked Dear gods... How do you LIVE?! lol, and I complain about how rainy and cold Washington is!

The same way as everyone else, I guess? I've lived in this area all my life, so I am used to it, but I do love being in the sun. In winter I just have to wrap up warm and get on with things, same as all the other people around here.  Cool Admittedly. the 15ins of snow that we had 2 weeks ago did nothing to cheer me up.......

Never forget that it is MY life, no-one else's!

"Payback? Yes, I think so!"

"I seem to exist in a very pretty slice of Hell- Hello? Is there anyone else here?"
UlsterYank
Master Member
Last Login:January 21, 2013, 02:18:03 pm
Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Religion: Traidisiúnachais Gaelach, Witchcraft, Thelema
TCN ID: UlsterYank

Déan mar is Toil leat, a bheas mar iomlán an Dlí

Blog entries (0)

anmericeanach

Ignore
« Reply #108: December 15, 2010, 02:36:21 am »

That's about 70% F, similar to Ireland actually. That's actually my kind of weather, although not an ideal summer for many.(Though we do get upper 20's then too)  Grin

"Remember all ye that existence is pure joy; that all the sorrows are but as shadows; they pass & are done; but there is that which remains" AL II:9
sparrow125
Master Member
Last Login:July 19, 2011, 06:21:33 pm

Religion: pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #109: December 15, 2010, 08:14:02 pm »

That's about 70% F, similar to Ireland actually. That's actually my kind of weather, although not an ideal summer for many.(Though we do get upper 20's then too)  Grin

face:palm  *sigh* I''m such a nerd. My brain read 20 F, not 20 C.  Roll Eyes That makes a bit of a difference, lol. It's about 50 to 60 F here, which is to me is way too cold, lol. I shiver like a chihuahua unless it's over 75 F. I can't wait to see Ireland, no matter what the weather is like! We're planning a trip for this coming year hopefully...
RedLori
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:July 18, 2011, 12:08:16 pm

Religion: Learner Eclectic Witch
TCN ID: redlori

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #110: December 24, 2010, 04:40:20 am »

I've worked skyclad sometimes, but only as a solitary, I don't have a coven or group.

It makes me feel more in tune with the elements, but I've never performed a ritual or worship skyclad out of doors - there are only very rare occasions when the English weather allows for that!  Grin  (although we are lucky on the bugs side of things!) - plus I live in a city, and my back garden and the local parks and beauty spots are not very private.  But indoors is much easier because you can adjust the temperature to suit yourself. 

However, I don't have any ritual robes or special outfit, either bought or made, so maybe that affects my working practice.  More often I *am* clothed, because I like to do ritual in my front downstairs room, which faces directly onto the street and everyone can see right in.   Grin  (I could always draw the curtains, but on the other hand I love the bright light streaming in!)

I don't think I'd have a problem working skyclad in a group, but then again I've worked with a lot of nude artists models and also been one myself, so I'm used to being naked in front of people.

(formerly ladykarina)
wolfwalker
Last Login:February 28, 2011, 01:33:58 am

Religion: Unknown

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #111: February 02, 2011, 05:08:37 pm »

Do or Has, anyone here worked skyclad during ritual or a working?? Does being skyclad as opposed to robed or what have you change your energies??  Wondering the opinion of others??

As far as ritual goes, I wouldn't know because I haven't performed a ritual as of yet. If it's a private ritual, I would more than likely be nude, unless it involved jumping around, you ladies aren't the only ones that have to worry about painful bouncing when jumping around, lol. If it was a coven style ritual, it would all depend on everyone's comfort level/rules. Just because I have no problem being nude doesn't mean that everyone thinks the same way. Someone said earlier that it wasn't fair for a coven to impose a "no skyclad" rule (at least that's how I understood it). I don't understand this thinking, it's common knowledge and practice, even outside pagan beliefs, that the current owner/group members of any said thing usually make the rules (of course there are limits and endless different circumstances where this isn't applicable, but in general it is) E.g. It's common knowledge among my friends and family that I'm never clothed at home, I actually pretty much hate clothes, not for a spiritual reason, just my preference, it's also well known among them that unless they call ahead and tell me that they're coming, they'll more than likely get the door answered by me in nothing but my birthday suit, most of them don't really care, and the ones that do, realize that it's my house, my rules and always call ahead, I put clothes on for them out of respect for their views. I don't see the difference in a coven or what not, it's their house, their rules and if you don't like it then don't come over?

Nudity in itself isn't wrong it's just a preference, the problem with a lot of nudists and why a lot of times it's thought of as a bad thing, is because they don't take other people feelings into account, not everyone is comfortable seeing people without clothes (The whys of this is a whole different thread in itself and for much more learned people than me xD )

As for the spirituality aspect of it, I've done almost everything of a spiritual nature nude since the first time I went skinny dipping, I just felt closer to everything. The only thing I ever really do now is go and find a secluded piece of woods, strip and walk, sometimes I'll just sit and feel everything. During the winter of course I don't spend to much time doing it ( Don't want anyone finding a naked mansickle the next day lol). But I do still do it because I feel at one with the winter, I always have. The other night it was around 25 below before windchill and I still did it, I just walked in to the woods a very short ways and stood there letting all my negative energy that had built up during the previous week be purified by the cold, it's an absolutely amazing feeling (I then booked it back and put my clothes on before my feet froze off, lol)

Anyways that's my take on it, and my own little cleansing process I do weekly. Smiley

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)