The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
January 27, 2021, 07:54:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 27, 2021, 07:54:19 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Project: Threadstarting  (Read 14684 times)
Marilyn (ABSENTMINDED)
Assistant Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:February 06, 2013, 08:12:28 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: free-flowing animist, Dudeist Priest
TCN ID: Absentminded

Blog entries (11)

« Reply #15: May 17, 2008, 10:50:54 pm »

Really?  Are there any post I made that I'm unaware of Huh

This strikes me as being odd seeing as I almost never start new threads in the religious threads (nor post to existing ones for that matter) and when I do I don't think it adds much to the conversation.

Then again, it could be that residual low self-esteem is clouding my memory which isn't that good to begin with. Undecided

I think it's a matter of your board presence.  You're articulate, you participate (you've got more posts than I do, and they tend to be substantive, or at the least contributive)  and you post across a fair variety of boards and subjects.  You post on old gods and current culture, I've seen you debate points without getting upset, and I've seen you call a notion dumb or fluffy without actually insulting the person who brought it up.

So, yeah.  You may not have noticed yourself, but I did.

Marilyn

"There's nothing wrong with you that reincarnation won't cure."
- Jack E. Leonard

Blessed are the cracked, for it is they who let in the light.

Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in

L Cohen

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Melamphoros
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:March 28, 2015, 11:01:26 pm
United States United States

Religion: Informed Eclectic with Hellenic Overtones
TCN ID: Melamphoros

Kiss My Scythe

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #16: May 17, 2008, 10:59:03 pm »

I think it's a matter of your board presence.  You're articulate, you participate (you've got more posts than I do, and they tend to be substantive, or at the least contributive)  and you post across a fair variety of boards and subjects.  You post on old gods and current culture, I've seen you debate points without getting upset, and I've seen you call a notion dumb or fluffy without actually insulting the person who brought it up.

So, yeah.  You may not have noticed yourself, but I did.

Wow, really?  I guess I never noticed before.  I think I should start paying more attention to my post from now on.  Who knows, maybe in a few weeks I might take you up on becoming a thread starter.

Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you will make a great sandwich.
My Spiritual Blog
Marilyn (ABSENTMINDED)
Assistant Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:February 06, 2013, 08:12:28 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: free-flowing animist, Dudeist Priest
TCN ID: Absentminded

Blog entries (11)

« Reply #17: May 17, 2008, 11:05:07 pm »

Wow, really?  I guess I never noticed before.  I think I should start paying more attention to my post from now on.  Who knows, maybe in a few weeks I might take you up on becoming a thread starter.

Cool!  Nothing says you have to do it right away, and I don't want to push you (well, not too much Cheesy) .  Just shoot me a PM if/when you're ready to try it.

Marilyn

"There's nothing wrong with you that reincarnation won't cure."
- Jack E. Leonard

Blessed are the cracked, for it is they who let in the light.

Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in

L Cohen
Dania
High Adept Member
Last Login:July 17, 2008, 08:11:47 pm

Religion: Gwyddon Seeker

Queen of Hare-Brained Schemes

Blog entries (4)

Ignore
« Reply #18: May 18, 2008, 06:54:05 am »

Well heck, this is a cool idea! Sure, I'm in! Grin

I've been meaning to get back to posting more anyway. Smiley

Aisling
High Adept Member
Last Login:November 11, 2012, 02:17:34 pm

Religion: Eclectic Pagan
TCN ID: Aisling

Blog entries (4)

harvestmoon13

Ignore
« Reply #19: May 18, 2008, 02:52:23 pm »

Fantastic idea!  I'll echo what Melamphoros said about loving this site and wanting to support it.  I'll be glad to help out!  Smiley

Ligeia
Apprentice
Last Login:August 29, 2008, 07:56:11 pm

Religion: Eclectic

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #20: June 27, 2008, 03:22:44 am »

My main problem is in actually forming a question to ask - I was always terrible at asking questions, since I never really needed to in high school, and probably never learnt the knack. I just preferred to go find things out on my own (darn self-sufficient me again).

If I think of something interesting I'll post it here before I run off and do a search then... Cheesy

HaHaHa I am the same way I only ask when I CAN'T find the answer.

“No object is so beautiful that, under certain conditions, it will not look ugly.” - Oscar Wilde

Drinking without being thirsty and making love at any time, Madame, are the only things that distinguish us from other animals.  ~Pierre-Augustin Caron de Beaumarchais, The Marriage of Figaro, 1784, translated
wisdomsbane
Adept Member
Last Login:November 23, 2008, 08:14:43 pm

Religion: "generic" pagan/pathfinder

"Meh, humans, blech!"

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #21: July 12, 2008, 03:04:50 am »

HaHaHa I am the same way I only ask when I CAN'T find the answer.

Then again, even if you can find the answer, maybe there is someone else who can't, and is afraid, or embarrassed to ask.

Hmm, I'm seriously considering this, now.  I'll just have to think of some of the questions I was always afraid to ask, or things I've noticed others afraid to bring up.  But yeah, I'm in for this one.

What you think is possible.  Anything that is possible can become real.  Therefore, reality is a state of mind.
My Writings So Far
wisdomsbane
Adept Member

"Meh, humans, blech!"

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #22: July 12, 2008, 03:12:45 am »

Just for clarification, this can be done in any of the non-social boards, right?  Or does it have to be the specifically religious ones?

What you think is possible.  Anything that is possible can become real.  Therefore, reality is a state of mind.
My Writings So Far
RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:October 30, 2020, 08:18:05 am

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #23: July 12, 2008, 08:21:14 am »

Just for clarification, this can be done in any of the non-social boards, right?  Or does it have to be the specifically religious ones?
The non-social boards are the priority.

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host
wisdomsbane
Adept Member

"Meh, humans, blech!"

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #24: July 13, 2008, 02:20:33 am »

The non-social boards are the priority.

That I understood, what I was asking was if it was more of a priority for the specifically religious boards, or if it was open season for any of the nonsocial boards.  I know now that the answer is yes, but that there is a priority for the more religious of the boards (this being a religious forum, it's understandable), but in case anyone else wondered about it I thought I would clear up the misunderstanding.

Thanks for answering though.

My Writings So Far
RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #25: July 13, 2008, 08:51:48 am »

I know now that the answer is yes, but that there is a priority for the more religious of the boards (this being a religious forum, it's understandable), but in case anyone else wondered about it I thought I would clear up the misunderstanding.

I guess there is a priority for the religious boards (and good religious topics the all members can post areas).

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Gwynyvyr
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:July 26, 2009, 03:11:01 am

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #26: January 04, 2009, 04:21:47 pm »

I used to do a bit of thread starting here, but life intervened and now I have very little free time to get online.
Besides, I have become even MORE conservative than I used to be <shock> which means I get rather snappish and snarky when I see someone making a statement that is wrong (factually) or IMO wrong (morally or philosophically or ethically).
Yeah, I am a bit of a curmudgeon.
I may drop in a bit more in the future, but would not be here enough (or be of the right temperament) to ever be a threadspinner again!
RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #27: January 04, 2009, 06:26:03 pm »

I may drop in a bit more in the future, but would not be here enough (or be of the right temperament) to ever be a threadspinner again!

I hope you can drop in more in the future. We've missed you.

Randall
Gwynyvyr
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:July 26, 2009, 03:11:01 am

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #28: January 05, 2009, 12:36:42 am »

I hope you can drop in more in the future. We've missed you.

Now, was it my sarcastic sense of humor or my plain downright bitchiness that made you miss me? <grin>
Artemis Rain
Apprentice
Last Login:February 07, 2009, 12:45:39 pm
Côte d'Ivoire Côte d'Ivoire

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #29: January 06, 2009, 10:42:49 pm »

But now you have my mind running with a few ideas for threads. Just need to check if they've been done already... Cheesy Cheesy

Even if they have, you might have a fresh angle, or they might be one of the ones I was refering to above, where suddenly members are more interested than when they first appeared.  I've seen it happen a lot.

Using the search for subjects that have been discussed recently is a good idea, but if your subject isn't exactly the same, or if it's been a while, it can often spark an entirely new discussion.

Marilyn

I was going to ask this question myself.  Many forum's members and staff have issues with double posting.  I just want to make sure for others and possibly myself, that double posters won't receive complaints.

I would be glad to help out myself.  Even though I only have a few posts at the moment and that's not much to go on with giving me a position.  I'm sure I would have no trouble finding questions.  I'm still quite new to the beliefs discussed in this site and I think of things I don't know and have to go and figure out all the time.  I'd be happy to start question threads and such.  I love a sounding board for things I'm curious about and I'm sure other members will as well.  Expect my PM Cheesy

Edit: oh oh, I also wanted to suggest that you have "tryouts" or at least test possible topic starters.  Just in case myself or others have content that is too bland or doesn't fit what you are looking for (there's my self esteem thingiemabobber).
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 10:46:47 pm by Artemis Rain » Logged

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)