The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
January 22, 2021, 01:13:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 22, 2021, 01:13:08 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: What are you Playing?  (Read 29864 times)
LuciaStar
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:December 26, 2012, 10:11:48 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: Undecided/Eclectic Pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #60: November 07, 2009, 04:18:34 pm »

Devil May Cry 3. I was getting my butt kicked a lot because I kept getting stuck in combos against the boss. (in Mission 13, which would be Vergil. D; ) But now that I decided to give Trickster a try, I've been succeeding a little and finding ways to catch him off guard. That being said, I keep two healing items with me, but usually do a few fights with the boss to see if I really need them before actually resorting to them.

Occasionally, I play the original Devil May Cry game. Not very far in it, though.

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

kodak01
Apprentice
Last Login:July 01, 2011, 03:18:05 pm
United States United States

Religion: Wiccan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #61: November 07, 2009, 10:50:13 pm »

Myself, currently re-playing The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.......(XBox 360) this time with a mage character.

Just bought my son Dragon Age: Origins for his birthday. he is already addicted.

I highly recommend either for those who like a really long involved RPG.

If I'm not working, I'm neglecting housework for Dragon Age Cheesy (so is everyone else I work with!)
Balakirev
Journeyman
Last Login:November 08, 2009, 10:01:39 pm

Religion: Witch. non-practicing Gardnerian. Shamanistic.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #62: November 07, 2009, 11:03:59 pm »

If I'm not working, I'm neglecting housework for Dragon Age Cheesy (so is everyone else I work with!)

Playing it myself, on and off.  Pretty game, but it doesn't hold me as BG2 or Planescape: Torment did (and do).

Also, King of Dragon Pass.  Fantastic RPG/strategy hybrid, with Celtic-like tribes, 500 mini-plots that may (or may not) show up in any game, and worshipers who can go on many god quests.  I've had it for years, and never tire of it.
Rowanfox
Master Member
Last Login:December 02, 2010, 12:55:53 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: Gardnerian

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #63: November 09, 2009, 12:56:55 pm »

My son says i am not allowed to play until after he has beaten the game.  Sad

So, I stole his copy of Fallout 3 to play instead.  Cheesy

veggiewolf
Adept Member
Last Login:November 14, 2014, 01:04:25 pm

Religion: Hoer of Onions / FlameKeeper
TCN ID: veggiewolf

Stop it, or I'll bury you alive in a box.

Blog entries (8)

veggiewolf morningwolfe

Ignore
« Reply #64: October 13, 2010, 09:13:50 am »

What game are you currently playing and would you recommend it to others?

I resurrected this thread because I was thinking of starting a similar one.

I am currently playing Mass Effect 2 for the fifth time, on hard-core.  I am a bit of an achievement w___e, and therefore have to beat everything I play on the 360 in as complete a form as possible.

I'd recommend it because, well, it is Bioware!  How could anyone not love a Bioware game?

Ask me about FlameKeeping!

"I can't take HIS money; I can't print MY OWN money.  Why don't I just lay down and die?" - Homer Simpson
"My dream has been shattered into shards of a broken dream!" - Homer Simpson
Katrina
Last Login:July 14, 2011, 07:37:20 am

Religion: Eclectic Wiccan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #65: October 25, 2010, 09:29:51 pm »

Fallout New Vegas currently.  Grin I'd definitely recommend it, and would suggest to save often and keep multiple saves. I haven't had problems but my hubby's game is awfully glitchy.   
Ghsttherenegade
Apprentice
Last Login:January 17, 2011, 03:53:56 am

Religion: Open

The Renegade...without

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #66: December 10, 2010, 03:07:13 am »

[PROTOTYPE]

OMGG the game was amazing. It was like GTA on crack lol. There really isn't a limit to what you can do and places you in a world where you must learn as much as you can about the virus that has effect you and everyone else.

I will not explain most of the game but it is worth the buy.

before that

Ace Combat 6

I finally played it and I was not let down. With the ally attacks, variety of Jets, complex missions, and so on this game has major reply value. I lack the 360 live at the moment but I do highly suggest getting both games. I would love to Ace combat online to really test my skills and meet others who play the game for teh love I play it for as well.
SunflowerP
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:November 07, 2020, 05:37:46 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: Eclectic Wicca-compatible religious Witch (Libertarian Witchcraft)
TCN ID: SunflowerP

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #67: December 10, 2010, 08:04:40 am »

Hi, Ghsttherenegade,

Just a quick note:  Please remember to quote, even if you're just replying to the first message in the thread.  It makes the discussion easier to follow, and it's required by our rules.

This isn't a formal warning, just a reminder.  No reply is necessary, but if you have questions or need clarification, please feel free to contact a member of staff privately.

Thanks!

Sunflower, TC Forum Staff

Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
I do so have a life.  I just live part of it online.
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others
to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
My blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough", at Dreamwidth and LJ
Nyktipolos
Adept Member
Last Login:August 29, 2014, 09:54:53 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: Path of the Nightwanderer (Polytheist)

Gravatar

"Language is like wine upon the lips."

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #68: December 18, 2010, 12:24:57 am »

I resurrected this thread because I was thinking of starting a similar one.

I am currently playing Mass Effect 2 for the fifth time, on hard-core.  I am a bit of an achievement w___e, and therefore have to beat everything I play on the 360 in as complete a form as possible.

I'd recommend it because, well, it is Bioware!  How could anyone not love a Bioware game?

It's the Achievements. Definitely the achievements. I feel the same compulsive need. Cheesy

I just finished up Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, and I'm waiting on an Xbox Live subscription so I can check out the multiplayer. So excited! Cheesy

In the mean time, I'm playing Fable: The Lost Chapters. Just about to head into the Arena. Can anyone say "gold mine"? Cheesy I'm also really wanting to play Mass Effect, because that's what my boyfriend is playing right now most of the time and I'm watching him play. Gah! Smiley

The Night Wanderer's Path <3
“God didn’t promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain,
but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way.”
Raziel
Journeyman
Last Login:March 24, 2011, 09:58:43 pm

Religion: Heretical Syncretist

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #69: March 03, 2011, 02:09:03 am »

My son says i am not allowed to play until after he has beaten the game.  Sad

So, I stole his copy of Fallout 3 to play instead.  Cheesy
Woof.  I just started Fallout 3 on the 360.  I'm a geek-fan if the original, so I'm looking forward to the experience.

Currently replaying thru the Gears of War titles (gotta love the chainsaw/machine gun combo) and running a Wood Elf team in a Blood Bowl campaign.  (The turn-based 'classic' mode is surprisingly faithful to the tabletop incarnation.)

It's always easier to hit 'ignore' and run away.....
darkwhispersdale
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:March 10, 2013, 03:41:49 pm
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: Pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #70: March 06, 2011, 05:44:21 pm »

Currently playing Myst IV, Dungeons and Civilisation V depends on my mood just waiting for Mortal Kombat and Dragon Age II to come out.

For what purpose humanity is there should not even concern us: why you are there, that you should ask yourself: and if you have no ready answer, then set for yourself goals, high and noble goals, and perish in pursuit of them! I know of no better life purpose than to perish in attempting the great and the impossible...

- Nietzsche, unpublished note from 1873
Raziel
Journeyman

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #71: March 14, 2011, 09:10:01 pm »

Currently playing Myst IV, Dungeons and Civilisation V depends on my mood just waiting for Mortal Kombat and Dragon Age II to come out.

Got my copy of MK pre-ordered. 
I did pick up Marvel v. Capcom the other day.  Freakishly crazy fun.

Wanderer894
Master Member
Last Login:April 07, 2011, 10:47:22 pm

Religion: The Way of the Dragonfly/Ignostic Pagan Humanist
TCN ID: Wanderer894

another day, another round of "WTF?"

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #72: March 14, 2011, 09:30:53 pm »

Got my copy of MK pre-ordered. 
I did pick up Marvel v. Capcom the other day.  Freakishly crazy fun.

I used to play Runescape. Gave it up like a month ago, and haven't played since. It stopped being fun after a while. I think I'll stick with PC games. I have the whole Myst series, inherited from my brother, and once I find the disc for Riven, I'll try playing that again. Doesn't seem like a good idea to play the others games without playing that one.

Rituals do not make Life; Life is what you consider the most important, and the most fun.
Just another hapless human trying to figure out what the frell makes this world tick, and how to avoid the idiots who make my head hurt
Stop the war, impeach the war criminals.

Bored much? My Blog: Gray Reverie
Raziel
Journeyman

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #73: March 14, 2011, 11:53:39 pm »

I used to play Runescape. Gave it up like a month ago, and haven't played since. It stopped being fun after a while. I think I'll stick with PC games. I have the whole Myst series, inherited from my brother, and once I find the disc for Riven, I'll try playing that again. Doesn't seem like a good idea to play the others games without playing that one.
I remember playing Myst way back when.  Great visuals and lots of puzzles, si?

As far as PC games go I like a little more action mixed in with the strategy and solving elements.  I like the more old-school games like Fallout and Disciples, and I must confess to Diablo II as a guilty pleasure.  I tried Warcraft II and Warhammer 40K: Rites of War, but both of those eventually grow beyond what ought to be manageable.  And although I've only ever played the XBox port version of the game, let me say that nothing tops Knights of the Old Republic

Wanderer894
Master Member
Last Login:April 07, 2011, 10:47:22 pm

Religion: The Way of the Dragonfly/Ignostic Pagan Humanist
TCN ID: Wanderer894

another day, another round of "WTF?"

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #74: March 19, 2011, 05:19:29 pm »

I remember playing Myst way back when.  Great visuals and lots of puzzles, si?

As far as PC games go I like a little more action mixed in with the strategy and solving elements.  I like the more old-school games like Fallout and Disciples, and I must confess to Diablo II as a guilty pleasure.  I tried Warcraft II and Warhammer 40K: Rites of War, but both of those eventually grow beyond what ought to be manageable.  And although I've only ever played the XBox port version of the game, let me say that nothing tops Knights of the Old Republic

Tons of puzzles is a good thing when you're trying to pass time on a rainy day. Even better when, like Myst and Riven, there's great scenery involved. One reason I'm holding out hope for the final installment of the Syberia series. That and I'm dying to finally find out what happened to Kate after Hans left.

I've heard of several of the games you mentioned, but haven't played any.

Rituals do not make Life; Life is what you consider the most important, and the most fun.
Just another hapless human trying to figure out what the frell makes this world tick, and how to avoid the idiots who make my head hurt
Stop the war, impeach the war criminals.

Bored much? My Blog: Gray Reverie

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)