The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
January 24, 2021, 10:16:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 24, 2021, 10:16:24 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: What is the outlook on negative life forces-is there a devil?  (Read 7148 times)
Sara
Senior Newbie
Last Login:August 19, 2008, 06:13:24 am
United States United States

Religion: Wiccan.

Blessed be.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: June 24, 2008, 05:44:50 am »

I chose The Church of All Worlds for my religion because of the 9 worlds interwoven in a tree. I feel it best fits my situation and my way that I function. Three of these worlds would be a negative prison world or a war torn world, a desert where the life source lives, and a waterway. There's also the capability of flying. These are my most sentimental dreams and the first one that I mentioned was a nightmare though. So, I guess my question is, in these 9 worlds, is one of them a place for punishment? Or is it more of a trade off? And what exactly is a malevolent energy's purpose?

Now explaining this I wonder if I'm somehow or for some reason trying to access acacia. is that allowed?

In perfect love and in perfect trust.

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:October 30, 2020, 08:18:05 am

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #1: June 24, 2008, 08:16:27 am »

I chose The Church of All Worlds for my religion because of the 9 worlds interwoven in a tree.

I'm not familiar enough with CAW's version of the nine worlds to even begin to answer. Sad

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host
Sara
Senior Newbie

Blessed be.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #2: June 24, 2008, 08:54:39 am »

I'm not familiar enough with CAW's version of the nine worlds to even begin to answer. Sad

so the defining factor in what religion you are depends on your version of the 9 worlds? Well I went to three of them. and the water world is a repetitive one that has so many rivers and they're all connected but there are different rivers. there is a rapids, like a locks separating two rivers and you can go up or down it but it is really hard to go up cuz I avoid the locks. I did it once but aren't supposed to do it again. then an alien space ship took me to what I believe to be acacia and I was old and was never getting out unless I could accomplish something. that something has to be building a city out of a desert.

Star
Message Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 12, 2013, 08:36:08 am

Religion: Hellenic Reconstructionist
TCN ID: star

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #3: June 24, 2008, 09:25:09 am »

so the defining factor in what religion you are depends on your version of the 9 worlds?

I'm not sure there is a single defining factor, but if there is, this isn't it.  Not all religions have this concept of the 9 worlds, so it's kind of hard to use that as a defining factor all by itself.  Wink  (If I had to hazard a guess, in fact, I'd guess that many more don't have it than do, but since I'm unfamiliar with the entire concept I could easily be mistaken.)

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Main Blog:  Star's Journal of Random Thoughts
Religious Blog:  The Song and the Flame
I can also now be found on Goodreads.
Jenett
High Adept Member
Last Login:February 23, 2020, 06:56:44 pm

Religion: Priestess in initiatory religious witchcraft tradition

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #4: June 24, 2008, 09:37:43 am »

so the defining factor in what religion you are depends on your version of the 9 worlds?

Nope. This is what is called 'cosmology' many times: how you think the world is put together. CAW uses a view that involves 9 different interlocking worlds. Other religions or paths or traditions do different things. (For example, I'm familiar with the concept of 9 worlds from both Norse and CAW sources, but I don't know lots of details about either of them, because this is totally not part of my own tradition/path.)

Well I went to three of them. and the water world is a repetitive one that has so many rivers and they're all connected but there are different rivers. there is a rapids, like a locks separating two rivers and you can go up or down it but it is really hard to go up cuz I avoid the locks. I did it once but aren't supposed to do it again. then an alien space ship took me to what I believe to be acacia and I was old and was never getting out unless I could accomplish something. that something has to be building a city out of a desert.

Now, I *do* believe in the existence and function of astral space (and also of shared astral space): I'd tend to approach the experiences you describe from that point of view. (Which is to say: I believe you're having meaningful experiences: I just think there's more than 9 distinct spaces you can have them in!)

My question with all astral work is: what are your hopes for it? What do you hope to gain/learn/experience/understand that you won't have access to in other ways? For some people, it's a chance to work in a context and space that is not accessible for them in the physical world. In some cases, it's a chance to work with non-physical entities (be they deities, animals, or whatever else.) I've found that once I have an idea of what I'm doing or wanting, it's easier to both do the astral work *and* to make some sense out of the experiences, given a little time.

Blog: Thoughts from a threshold: http://gleewood.org/threshold
Info for seekers: http://gleewood.org/seeking
Pagan books and resources: http://gleewood.org/books
Sara
Senior Newbie

Blessed be.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #5: June 24, 2008, 09:57:31 am »

Nope. This is what is called 'cosmology' many times: how you think the world is put together. CAW uses a view that involves 9 different interlocking worlds. Other religions or paths or traditions do different things. (For example, I'm familiar with the concept of 9 worlds from both Norse and CAW sources, but I don't know lots of details about either of them, because this is totally not part of my own tradition/path.)

Now, I *do* believe in the existence and function of astral space (and also of shared astral space): I'd tend to approach the experiences you describe from that point of view. (Which is to say: I believe you're having meaningful experiences: I just think there's more than 9 distinct spaces you can have them in!)

My question with all astral work is: what are your hopes for it? What do you hope to gain/learn/experience/understand that you won't have access to in other ways? For some people, it's a chance to work in a context and space that is not accessible for them in the physical world. In some cases, it's a chance to work with non-physical entities (be they deities, animals, or whatever else.) I've found that once I have an idea of what I'm doing or wanting, it's easier to both do the astral work *and* to make some sense out of the experiences, given a little time.

I was trying to access acacia to find my own inner being and help others who went to the level above acacia. This is what I believe with what I have been taught and read. Hell or whatever being the worst place and the desert above atlantis being the highest. I needed to understand that I am a good person inspite of some things in my life that made me think otherwise.I was counselling myself.

It's partially why I am polytheistic. I don't know what to do now that I have discovered all of this. I guess I could fly around the 9 other worlds, one being Unicorn world that I just remembered but that one has a mirrored world, like an obstacle. It's the malevolent protection spell that was put in my way by a christian counsellor. What can I do, the only thing I can think is that I need to worship on another sabbatt, the last time I worshiped being samhein in 1998.

I think I joined CAW online.

LyricFox
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:September 04, 2011, 02:39:11 pm

Religion: Lapsed Hellenic Reconstructionist

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #6: June 24, 2008, 11:30:36 am »

I chose The Church of All Worlds for my religion because of the 9 worlds interwoven in a tree. I feel it best fits my situation and my way that I function. Three of these worlds would be a negative prison world or a war torn world, a desert where the life source lives, and a waterway. There's also the capability of flying. These are my most sentimental dreams and the first one that I mentioned was a nightmare though. So, I guess my question is, in these 9 worlds, is one of them a place for punishment? Or is it more of a trade off? And what exactly is a malevolent energy's purpose?

Now explaining this I wonder if I'm somehow or for some reason trying to access acacia. is that allowed?

Well, I'm a Greek Recon, and my religion has absolutely nothing like what you've described. You're going to run into that. Not all pagan religions share common themes. So, while I might be able to tell you what some of these things mean in my religion, it's totally different from yours and you seem to be asking about if from another CAW member's perspective.

Visit The Breast Cancer Site & Click to fund free Mammograms
Hosts' Store: Doxy's Bazaar (w/Pagan Items)
Need Web Hosting? See The Cheap Web Hosting Report
Journey
Adept Member
Last Login:February 13, 2010, 04:43:29 pm

Religion: None

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #7: June 24, 2008, 11:36:01 am »

I am not that familiar with CAW, but it does seem similar to some forms of Kabbalah to me. The nine worlds connected forming the tree of all life and eveything being God.

With Kabbalah, it was my understanding that you must fully understand "world" #1 before moving on to say, "world" #5. You can't go from kindergarten straight into 5th grade.

Personally, I should think it's not so much as "not allowed", as it is that you will be in over your head. There is a difference between knowing what each world stands for and actually living that world, or incorporating that world into your very being. (I hope that makes sense)

As for the Devil, I didn't think that was part of CAW and it isn't part of Kabbalah either. Negative force does not equal "The Devil". There is an excellent book I would like to recommend about the origins of The Devil: The Birth of Satan, by T.J. Wray and Gregory Mobley in a nutshell, this book illustrates how Biblical concepts developed into a red guy with a pitchfork.

Since you seem to be struggling with the basic idea of negativity = evil, I personally wouldn't recommend trying the waters of other worlds just yet.  But that's just me.

Sara
Senior Newbie

Blessed be.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #8: June 25, 2008, 12:51:00 am »

I am not that familiar with CAW, but it does seem similar to some forms of Kabbalah to me. The nine worlds connected forming the tree of all life and eveything being God.

With Kabbalah, it was my understanding that you must fully understand "world" #1 before moving on to say, "world" #5. You can't go from kindergarten straight into 5th grade.

Personally, I should think it's not so much as "not allowed", as it is that you will be in over your head. There is a difference between knowing what each world stands for and actually living that world, or incorporating that world into your very being. (I hope that makes sense)

As for the Devil, I didn't think that was part of CAW and it isn't part of Kabbalah either. Negative force does not equal "The Devil". There is an excellent book I would like to recommend about the origins of The Devil: The Birth of Satan, by T.J. Wray and Gregory Mobley in a nutshell, this book illustrates how Biblical concepts developed into a red guy with a pitchfork.

Since you seem to be struggling with the basic idea of negativity = evil, I personally wouldn't recommend trying the waters of other worlds just yet.  But that's just me.

yeah, I did some meditating, negativity isn't so wrong. It's more like there is a protection spell gaurding acacia from someone who would use it unethically. I could go there. But right now, I would be in over my head.

Journey
Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #9: June 25, 2008, 10:10:04 am »

yeah, I did some meditating, negativity isn't so wrong. It's more like there is a protection spell gaurding acacia from someone who would use it unethically. I could go there. But right now, I would be in over my head.

Glad to of been a bit of help. Meditating can sometimes be an eye opener. I get my best info that way.
JenniferK
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:July 17, 2008, 08:35:27 am

Religion: Paganism

Just hangin' in there!

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #10: June 25, 2008, 10:15:20 am »

I chose The Church of All Worlds for my religion because of the 9 worlds interwoven in a tree.

I am not familiar with the Church of All Worlds (other than by simple name recognition). So, I would not know how to even begin to give you an answer.

But, I can simply say that as a Pagan I personally do not hold any views of a devil or evil forces or hell. I believe in energy and the use of energy for either ethical or unethical means.

Not sure if that helps you, but thought I would weigh in.  Smiley

Jennifer Adele K

Jennifer Adele K
Marilyn (ABSENTMINDED)
Assistant Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:February 06, 2013, 08:12:28 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: free-flowing animist, Dudeist Priest
TCN ID: Absentminded

Blog entries (11)

« Reply #11: June 25, 2008, 10:36:26 am »

Acacia hasn't signed in in about six months.  I do have some private contact if you'd like me to ask her to check in.  Life has eaten her a bit, but if you're trying to get in touch I can point her here for you.

Absent

"There's nothing wrong with you that reincarnation won't cure."
- Jack E. Leonard

Blessed are the cracked, for it is they who let in the light.

Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in

L Cohen
Marilyn (ABSENTMINDED)
Senior Staff
High Adept Member
Canada Canada

Blog entries (11)

« Reply #12: June 25, 2008, 10:38:52 am »

I'm sorry.  I think I'm a complete idiot this morning.  I should at least have read the first post properly, even if I was going to reply without reading the rest of the thread first.

My very fuzzy brain told me you were a member of her church and were looking for her.  I will go have a coffee before I read any more threads.

Absent

- Jack E. Leonard

L Cohen
Journey
Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #13: June 25, 2008, 10:42:21 am »

Acacia hasn't signed in in about six months.  I do have some private contact if you'd like me to ask her to check in.  Life has eaten her a bit, but if you're trying to get in touch I can point her here for you.
Absent

Um.., I thought the acacia to be accessed was one of the 9 worlds, not a TC member?
Marilyn (ABSENTMINDED)
Senior Staff
High Adept Member
Canada Canada

Blog entries (11)

« Reply #14: June 25, 2008, 10:50:20 am »

Um.., I thought the acacia to be accessed was one of the 9 worlds, not a TC member?

Yep, I realized that when I went on to read the next post - I had originally just hit reply from the first post, and hadn't even properly read that one.

I blame the funeral, the wake, and lack of caffeine.

Absent

- Jack E. Leonard

L Cohen

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)

EU Cookie Notice: This site uses cookies. By using this site you consent to their use.