The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
November 21, 2019, 10:18:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2019, 10:18:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Great Pagan Websites?  (Read 5382 times)
kodak01
Apprentice
Last Login:July 01, 2011, 03:18:05 pm
United States United States

Religion: Wiccan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: July 18, 2008, 11:27:57 am »

I was having a good laugh going through the atrocious pagan websites thread and it got me wondering about good pagan websites.  Now, I admit I'm quite new and I did some digging and found that a lot of pagan website look/feel the same and have almost the exact same thing on them.

Now I was lucky that I found the cauldron pretty much right away (plus I'm more comfortable with message boards, finding good ones/bad ones isn't that hard for me to recognize).

Anyway, I would love to see some good pagan websites. Great in ways of design, content, etc Cheesy

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Lumara
Apprentice
Last Login:August 15, 2008, 09:05:41 pm

Religion: Eclectic Wiccan/Lightworker

Goddess of the Holler

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #1: July 18, 2008, 02:57:59 pm »

I would love to see some good pagan websites. Great in ways of design, content, etc Cheesy

The most comprehensive pagan site I've come across so far is http://witchvox.com/

A few others in no particular order are:

http://www.robinwood.com/Livingtree.html
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Oracle/6252/index.html
http://www.fatheroak.com/
http://tryskelion.com/tryskelion/

I took these links off my own website and I know a net search will turn up LOTS more.

Singing and drumming and dancing in the hollow
Where we go few mortals can follow.
The fae are in the sacred grove,
The sprites are in the creek.
Be still and listen - you may hear them when they speak.
LyricFox
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:September 04, 2011, 02:39:11 pm

Religion: Lapsed Hellenic Reconstructionist

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #2: July 18, 2008, 05:23:20 pm »

I was having a good laugh going through the atrocious pagan websites thread and it got me wondering about good pagan websites.  Now, I admit I'm quite new and I did some digging and found that a lot of pagan website look/feel the same and have almost the exact same thing on them.

Now I was lucky that I found the cauldron pretty much right away (plus I'm more comfortable with message boards, finding good ones/bad ones isn't that hard for me to recognize).

Anyway, I would love to see some good pagan websites. Great in ways of design, content, etc Cheesy

Honestly, I've never found one single site...I don't think there CAN be one site that will address all the different religions. If just depends on the religion. Even ecauldron, which is huge, has blank areas. I'm more likely to head to site aimed at a specific area (mainly non-Pagan anyway if I'm looking at serious source stuff).

Visit The Breast Cancer Site & Click to fund free Mammograms
Hosts' Store: Doxy's Bazaar (w/Pagan Items)
Need Web Hosting? See The Cheap Web Hosting Report
RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:November 07, 2019, 05:48:46 am

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #3: July 18, 2008, 06:33:17 pm »

Good content is most important for me, design has to be readable and not get in the way, but otherwise I could care less about it.

Unfortunately, I can't think of an really great general Pagan sites. There are a few good ones for specific Pagan religions.

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host
Juniper
Adept Member
Last Login:January 06, 2011, 05:33:35 pm
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: Hedgewitch with Neo-Wiccan leanings
TCN ID: Juniper

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #4: July 19, 2008, 12:16:59 am »

Hmm....

This one  Cheesy

I get pissed off with most other Pagan sites because they are so severely limited. It's not so bad if they call themselves a Wiccan site instead, but mostly they don't.

'How she longed for winter then!-
Scrupulously austere in its order
Of white and black
Ice and rock; each sentiment within border,
And heart's frosty discipline
Exact as a snowflake'
~Sylvia Plath
wisdomsbane
Adept Member
Last Login:November 23, 2008, 08:14:43 pm

Religion: "generic" pagan/pathfinder

"Meh, humans, blech!"

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #5: July 19, 2008, 04:34:54 am »

Hmm....

This one  Cheesy

I get pissed off with most other Pagan sites because they are so severely limited. It's not so bad if they call themselves a Wiccan site instead, but mostly they don't.

I agree on both points.

Also Randall has the right of it, there aren't too many that are good general pagan sites.   It's kind of hard content-wise to actually attempt that issue.  There are just too many different religions, and their offshoots, as well as the eclectics and solitaries, and... yeah, just too much to do a good job of getting all of them in one site.  I still haven't found the inclination to find all of my old sites, I'll try to post back when I've found a few, but they are mostly geared toward individual religions, or paths.

What you think is possible.  Anything that is possible can become real.  Therefore, reality is a state of mind.
My Writings So Far
kodak01
Apprentice
Last Login:July 01, 2011, 03:18:05 pm

Religion: Wiccan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #6: July 19, 2008, 01:08:39 pm »

Honestly, I've never found one single site...I don't think there CAN be one site that will address all the different religions. If just depends on the religion. Even ecauldron, which is huge, has blank areas. I'm more likely to head to site aimed at a specific area (mainly non-Pagan anyway if I'm looking at serious source stuff).

oh I didn't mean a site that addressed all pagan religions. I used pagan as the umbrella term because I didn't want to narrow it down to one specific religion.

I had noticed when looking through pagan sites that they all were very similar and the information seemed to be pretty much exactly the same. Now, normally I suppose that would be a good thing, but they seemed lacking. Sort of a "this is what we believe, this is what this means/etc" without giving a why. and the designs on a lot of them are distracting and it is hard to find things.

The druid site posted above is an example of something I was looking for. Easy to read, easy on the eyes, informative, etc.

So I was wondering what other good sites were out there since I've not been able to find any on my own. Some of everyone's favorites, ones they just like/etc  Grin
wisdomsbane
Adept Member
Last Login:November 23, 2008, 08:14:43 pm

Religion: "generic" pagan/pathfinder

"Meh, humans, blech!"

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #7: July 19, 2008, 02:39:33 pm »

oh I didn't mean a site that addressed all pagan religions. I used pagan as the umbrella term because I didn't want to narrow it down to one specific religion.

I had noticed when looking through pagan sites that they all were very similar and the information seemed to be pretty much exactly the same. Now, normally I suppose that would be a good thing, but they seemed lacking. Sort of a "this is what we believe, this is what this means/etc" without giving a why. and the designs on a lot of them are distracting and it is hard to find things.

The druid site posted above is an example of something I was looking for. Easy to read, easy on the eyes, informative, etc.

So I was wondering what other good sites were out there since I've not been able to find any on my own. Some of everyone's favorites, ones they just like/etc  Grin

I happen to like sacred texts, for general religion, although there is a lot of information, and not all of it is pagan.  It happens to have some good links as well to other sites.  These are a mix of people's own personal views and of actual religious texts.
www.sacred-texts.com

Also Asiya's shadows has some fairly decent stuff, you can even download certain texts that might otherwise be unavailable.
www.asiya.org

And there is also the site you are on right now, which has a lot of good information, as well as having the personalized information from others.  Most, I don't think are afraid of answering a few questions, as long as you aren't being a jerk about things (general you, not you specifically).

If I find any more (or refind them) I'll let you know.

What you think is possible.  Anything that is possible can become real.  Therefore, reality is a state of mind.
My Writings So Far
QuercusRobur
Journeyman
Last Login:August 28, 2008, 05:18:37 pm
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: Irish Traditionalist

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #8: July 19, 2008, 04:01:33 pm »

For pre-Gardnerian witchcraft (forum) : http://www.traditionalwitchcraft.net/
For Immramic (Irish journeying) meditation Eblanna's site : http://www.geocities.com/rvnsprwldr/obstacles.htm
wowgolds9871
Permanently Banned
Last Login:August 14, 2008, 03:58:48 am
Argentina Argentina

Religion: HUMAN

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #9: August 14, 2008, 03:57:37 am »

Spam...  Again.  Some people just don't know when to quit.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 05:05:23 am by Star » Logged
RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:November 07, 2019, 05:48:46 am

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #10: August 14, 2008, 08:04:31 am »

And the idiot has a dynamic IP, so there is no way to block his/her (or its, if it is script) ability to create new accounts. One of the reasons I could support a death penalty for spammers unable to pay a 100 trillion dollar fine to each individual to sees their spam.

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host
LyricFox
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #11: August 14, 2008, 10:02:59 am »

You really are an annoying little shit.

SPAM & Asparagus in Curry Sauce

http://www.spam.com/eatspam/contest_recipe.aspx?recipeid=130

mandrina
High Adept Member
Last Login:August 13, 2013, 11:51:25 pm

Religion: Reclaiming practice, still trying to identify diety, but have some ideas

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #12: August 14, 2008, 10:16:52 am »

You really are an annoying little shit.

SPAM & Asparagus in Curry Sauce

http://www.spam.com/eatspam/contest_recipe.aspx?recipeid=130

You really didn't have to, Lyric.  You really didn't.

"I've got a bad feeling about this."

every good guy in any of the Star Wars movies.

[url=http://dragcave.net/vi
LyricFox
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #13: August 14, 2008, 11:10:07 am »

You really didn't have to, Lyric.  You really didn't.

LOL...just think. If this little twit makes an appearance every morning, you guys will have LOTS of SPAM options.

Star
Message Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 12, 2013, 08:36:08 am

Religion: Hellenic Reconstructionist
TCN ID: star

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #14: August 14, 2008, 11:22:02 am »

LOL...just think. If this little twit makes an appearance every morning, you guys will have LOTS of SPAM options.

Lucky us.

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Main Blog:  Star's Journal of Random Thoughts
Religious Blog:  The Song and the Flame
I can also now be found on Goodreads.

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)