The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
October 27, 2021, 03:11:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 27, 2021, 03:11:28 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: For anyone who hasn't looked in the archives...  (Read 10206 times)
wisdomsbane
Adept Member
Last Login:November 23, 2008, 08:14:43 pm
United States United States

Religion: "generic" pagan/pathfinder

"Meh, humans, blech!"

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: July 26, 2008, 11:47:04 pm »

I just now decided that looking in the archives might be a bit of fun.  I am so glad I did, because it was.  This is a link to an article within the archives section that I thought really needs to be put here for those of us who are new to the forum.  It gives some really good laughs, and points out some really awful mistakes, and/or just plain insanity.

http://www.ecauldron.net/forum/index.php?page=50

And, I'm sorry to say, I don't get a gold star...  Cry

What you think is possible.  Anything that is possible can become real.  Therefore, reality is a state of mind.
My Writings So Far

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Melamphoros
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:March 28, 2015, 11:01:26 pm

Religion: Informed Eclectic with Hellenic Overtones
TCN ID: Melamphoros

Kiss My Scythe

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #1: July 26, 2008, 11:56:55 pm »

I just now decided that looking in the archives might be a bit of fun.  I am so glad I did, because it was.  This is a link to an article within the archives section that I thought really needs to be put here for those of us who are new to the forum.  It gives some really good laughs, and points out some really awful mistakes, and/or just plain insanity.

Ah yes, you have just stumbled upon some of the most memorable -- if not confusing -- events in TC's history.  I remember the Half-Demon, Narnia Girl and the Satanist but I don't think I posted to them.

And the curse is important to know as a member of TC so you have no one to blame but yourself when you wander the Grey Mists Grin

Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you will make a great sandwich.
My Spiritual Blog
Melamphoros
Staff
Grand Adept Member

Kiss My Scythe

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #2: July 27, 2008, 12:48:55 am »

I only got half way through Tolkien-Boy's essay and my eyes have glazed over due to the mathematical mumbo-jumbo and my lack of knowledge of Middle Earth.  Does that mean I get half a gold star?

My Spiritual Blog
thain
Master Member
Last Login:August 04, 2010, 11:57:23 am

Religion: Buddhist/Eclectic Pagan

Thanatos Eleison

Blog entries (3)

Ignore
« Reply #3: July 27, 2008, 01:00:03 am »

I only got half way through Tolkien-Boy's essay and my eyes have glazed over due to the mathematical mumbo-jumbo and my lack of knowledge of Middle Earth.  Does that mean I get half a gold star?

I was HERE for Tolkien-boy.  In fact, I handed his arse to him in another thread where he tried to use freedictionary.com to argue that Catholics actually worship Mary as a goddess. 

Wasn't around for any of the other threads, I don't think Sad.

Let yourself be open and life will be easier. A spoon of salt in a glass of water makes the water undrinkable. A spoon of salt in a lake is almost unnoticed. - Buddha

The world is full enough of hurts and mischance without wars to multiply them. -J.R.R. Tolkien
EverFool
Board Staff
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:September 16, 2011, 12:40:01 pm
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: atheist

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #4: July 27, 2008, 06:38:53 am »

Sorry, you only get it if you make it all the way through.  You're apparently confusing me for a *nice* person. Wink

If anal prolapse teaches us anything, it's that it is what is inside that counts.
Melamphoros
Staff
Grand Adept Member

Kiss My Scythe

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #5: July 27, 2008, 11:05:49 am »

Sorry, you only get it if you make it all the way through.  You're apparently confusing me for a *nice* person. Wink

Oh yeah, I think that would be like someone confusing me for a nice person.  Could I at least get a star point so I can use it to lobotomize myself after reading that crap?

My Spiritual Blog
wisdomsbane
Adept Member

"Meh, humans, blech!"

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #6: July 27, 2008, 11:27:27 am »

Hah, I didn't even get that far.  My problem was with the fact that he made absolutely no sense, he made my brain itch.  That, and I was just laughing too hard.  If I had kept reading I would probably have hurt myself.

What you think is possible.  Anything that is possible can become real.  Therefore, reality is a state of mind.
My Writings So Far
EverFool
Board Staff
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:September 16, 2011, 12:40:01 pm
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: atheist

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #7: July 27, 2008, 12:06:29 pm »

Oh yeah, I think that would be like someone confusing me for a nice person.  Could I at least get a star point so I can use it to lobotomize myself after reading that crap?

You can use an ice cream scoop. Smiley  I give out whole stars, or none at all.

If anal prolapse teaches us anything, it's that it is what is inside that counts.
Lusiphelia
Master Member
Last Login:November 07, 2010, 05:26:41 pm

Religion: Heathen, with strong occult & Mystery leanings
TCN ID: Lusiphelia

Blog entries (7)

Ignore
« Reply #8: July 27, 2008, 07:59:26 pm »

Gotta love those who make things more fun for the rest of us. lol

And as far as Tolkien-boy goes, I barely made it through the first few paragraphs.
Melamphoros
Staff
Grand Adept Member

Kiss My Scythe

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #9: July 29, 2008, 01:12:50 am »

This thread seems to be addictive (read 200 out of 260 posts), but is it normal to be filled with a homicidal rage when reading it?  I just want to reached into the computer -- and through time -- to strangle Tolkien-Boy for claiming the nonsense mathematical mumbo-jumbo he's spewing is "undeniable truth".

My Spiritual Blog
yewberry
Adept Member
Last Login:August 02, 2014, 04:15:33 pm

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #10: July 29, 2008, 01:25:48 am »

I was HERE for Tolkien-boy.

Wasn't he just another Tony Steele puppet?  Or am I mistaken...?

Brina
Melamphoros
Staff
Grand Adept Member

Kiss My Scythe

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #11: July 29, 2008, 01:42:09 am »

He signed his name as Tony, but I have no clue if he's Steele.  I believe this took place during one of my forced hiatuses from TC so I'm in the dark about all things Tony Steele-related.

My Spiritual Blog
Star
Message Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 12, 2013, 08:36:08 am

Religion: Hellenic Reconstructionist
TCN ID: star

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #12: July 29, 2008, 07:28:04 am »

It wasn't even a puppet; that was the main account Tony used to post as "Tony Steele", IIRC.  Either way, though, it was definitely him.  Which, really, explains a lot.

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Main Blog:  Star's Journal of Random Thoughts
Religious Blog:  The Song and the Flame
I can also now be found on Goodreads.
wisdomsbane
Adept Member

"Meh, humans, blech!"

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #13: July 29, 2008, 08:22:23 am »

It wasn't even a puppet; that was the main account Tony used to post as "Tony Steele", IIRC.  Either way, though, it was definitely him.  Which, really, explains a lot.

Okay, I'm going to ask... even though I'll probably get a brain itch for my effort... Who are yall talking about?

My Writings So Far
Star
Message Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 12, 2013, 08:36:08 am

Religion: Hellenic Reconstructionist
TCN ID: star

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #14: July 29, 2008, 08:41:07 am »

Okay, I'm going to ask... even though I'll probably get a brain itch for my effort... Who are yall talking about?

Brina will probably cover this better, but basically:  Tony Steele was the "mastermind" behind the Daughters of Frya, a fictional religious order (I think it was for young women only, they had to wear white tennis dresses all the time, and they allegedly did several hundreds of deep knee bends several times a day as a devotional practice) which he tried to pass off as real using a sock-puppet account that we only connected to him after the fact (IIRC).  Attempting to defraud the entire forum has, needless to say, made him a bit unpopular here.

And also he seems to have been under the impression that Tolkien was writing history, not fiction, which is how he got drawn into this conversation.

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Main Blog:  Star's Journal of Random Thoughts
Religious Blog:  The Song and the Flame
I can also now be found on Goodreads.

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)