The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
September 17, 2021, 08:36:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 17, 2021, 08:36:59 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: For anyone who hasn't looked in the archives...  (Read 10025 times)
Melamphoros
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:March 28, 2015, 11:01:26 pm
United States United States

Religion: Informed Eclectic with Hellenic Overtones
TCN ID: Melamphoros

Kiss My Scythe

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #30: July 29, 2008, 03:39:19 pm »

If you go to the advanced search (down below all the thread listings, I think) there's a way to run a search by user name (don't forget to set the time to search in to "beginning of time" to get everything).  Try the usernames ANWN (or maybe ANWYNDUR--this is his "real" one but I forget which was his user name and which was his "nick"), OERA LINDA (may need an underscore between words, not sure), and SYRHED.  I may have missed one in there somewhere, but I think that will get you the bulk of Tony and his sock puppets.

I'll make note of that, thanks Smiley

Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you will make a great sandwich.
My Spiritual Blog

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Melamphoros
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:March 28, 2015, 11:01:26 pm

Religion: Informed Eclectic with Hellenic Overtones
TCN ID: Melamphoros

Kiss My Scythe

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #31: July 29, 2008, 08:44:59 pm »

Just got finished reading all 260 posts of the Tolkien thread.  Now on to those who must not be named.

Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you will make a great sandwich.
My Spiritual Blog
wisdomsbane
Adept Member
Last Login:November 23, 2008, 08:14:43 pm

Religion: "generic" pagan/pathfinder

"Meh, humans, blech!"

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #32: July 30, 2008, 02:12:30 am »

I believe at one point he claimed that we had driven the sockpuppet to tears.

Sockpuppet?  Do I want to know?

What you think is possible.  Anything that is possible can become real.  Therefore, reality is a state of mind.
My Writings So Far
wisdomsbane
Adept Member
Last Login:November 23, 2008, 08:14:43 pm

Religion: "generic" pagan/pathfinder

"Meh, humans, blech!"

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #33: July 30, 2008, 02:16:59 am »

Sockpuppet?  Do I want to know?
Nevermind I figured out what the whole sockpuppet thing is about... But who made it cry, and how?

What you think is possible.  Anything that is possible can become real.  Therefore, reality is a state of mind.
My Writings So Far
yewberry
Adept Member
Last Login:August 02, 2014, 04:15:33 pm

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #34: July 30, 2008, 03:18:58 am »

Nevermind I figured out what the whole sockpuppet thing is about... But who made it cry, and how?

We did, by being big meanie poo heads to "her".  Then, of course, "she" later admitted the hoax...and Tony never apologized for siding with "her", despite knowing all along that "she" was hoaxing us.  If all this sounds a bit schizophrenic, I'll attempt to distill:  there's no convincing evidence that the Fryans et al. weren't just him in various guises.  And until I get an invite to visit their current alleged compound in La Grange, Indiana...well...  Wink

Brina
HeartShadow - Cutethulhu
Assistant Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:April 15, 2013, 06:53:07 pm

Religion: FlameKeeper
TCN ID: GenevieveWood

I am the Pirate Teddybear!

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #35: July 30, 2008, 07:33:53 am »

We did, by being big meanie poo heads to "her".  Then, of course, "she" later admitted the hoax...and Tony never apologized for siding with "her", despite knowing all along that "she" was hoaxing us.  If all this sounds a bit schizophrenic, I'll attempt to distill:  there's no convincing evidence that the Fryans et al. weren't just him in various guises.  And until I get an invite to visit their current alleged compound in La Grange, Indiana...well...  Wink

Brina

I REALLY should've asked if their outfits came in maternity .... Cheesy

FlameKeeping website: http://www.flamekeeping.org
EverFool
Board Staff
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:September 16, 2011, 12:40:01 pm
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: atheist

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #36: July 30, 2008, 12:52:39 pm »

And until I get an invite to visit their current alleged compound in La Grange, Indiana...well...  Wink

Brina

Given that Mr Steele is based in the UK, I'd be surprised if the Daughters of Frya pan had so much as a spare tyre in the US.

If anal prolapse teaches us anything, it's that it is what is inside that counts.
psykobolik
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:January 13, 2011, 11:39:09 am
Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Religion: ex-chaote(not really a religion I know), kind of swimming at the moment.

I am a lover and a fighter.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #37: November 27, 2008, 07:59:26 am »

I just now decided that looking in the archives might be a bit of fun.  I am so glad I did, because it was.  This is a link to an article within the archives section that I thought really needs to be put here for those of us who are new to the forum.  It gives some really good laughs, and points out some really awful mistakes, and/or just plain insanity.

http://www.ecauldron.net/forum/index.php?page=50

And, I'm sorry to say, I don't get a gold star...  Cry

The super mage is quoting directly from a roleplaying game called ''mage the awakening'' published by white wolf. Whether she knows this or not is a different matter. I feel sorry for the demon guy. He seemed sincere somehow.

Anyone else think the Ravenwolf groupie sounds like a gangster? ''You don't know shit about shit...'' didn't read all of it (no star for me) but I wouldn't be suprised to see threats about cement shoes.

And lastly how do I wonder the grey mists?

Everything I belive is true,
For a given value of true.
RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:October 30, 2020, 08:18:05 am

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #38: November 27, 2008, 08:03:38 am »

And lastly how do I wonder the grey mists?

That's a question we've never had a good answer for.

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host
EverFool
Board Staff
Staff
High Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #39: November 27, 2008, 08:32:55 am »

The super mage is quoting directly from a roleplaying game called ''mage the awakening'' published by white wolf. Whether she knows this or not is a different matter.

I think she might qualify as a genuine mage if she was quoting from the awakening, given that it hadn't yet been released at that time if I recall correctly.  It doesn't terribly remind me of either of White Wolf's mage games mind you.

If anal prolapse teaches us anything, it's that it is what is inside that counts.
psykobolik
Senior Apprentice

Religion: ex-chaote(not really a religion I know), kind of swimming at the moment.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #40: November 27, 2008, 11:04:35 am »

I think she might qualify as a genuine mage if she was quoting from the awakening, given that it hadn't yet been released at that time if I recall correctly.  It doesn't terribly remind me of either of White Wolf's mage games mind you.

Nope WoD has been going for years. Got a new incarnation recently, last year or two. The ''awakening'' part might have been wrong, but definitly Mage.
Regardles the poor girl was definitly in need of assistance from the nice men in white coats. On a side note I haven't noticed a gamer corner here, is there such a thing as many gamers seem to be floating around?

Edit: nevermind I found it.

EverFool
Board Staff
Staff
High Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #41: November 27, 2008, 11:39:48 am »

Nope WoD has been going for years. Got a new incarnation recently, last year or two. The ''awakening'' part might have been wrong, but definitly Mage.

I am aware of how long WoD has been around.  I got started on roleplaying in the early nineties, and have run my fair share of WoD.  I specifically pointed out that you might have been referring to the old mage.  I still fail to see how her incoherent posts had to do with Mage:The Ascension.  Would you like to explain why you think that she is directly quoting the game?

psykobolik
Senior Apprentice

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #42: November 28, 2008, 07:01:49 pm »

I am aware of how long WoD has been around.  I got started on roleplaying in the early nineties, and have run my fair share of WoD.  I specifically pointed out that you might have been referring to the old mage.  I still fail to see how her incoherent posts had to do with Mage:The Ascension.  Would you like to explain why you think that she is directly quoting the game?

I'd just skimmed the first time through and a few thing caught my eye, in particular her strong use of the term Mage in preference to other 'titles'. I take it back, the girl is just wacko. Completely and totally of her rocker, only playing with 49cards nuts.

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)