The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
March 30, 2020, 11:48:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 30, 2020, 11:48:54 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: reincarnation.  (Read 6665 times)
Sara
Senior Newbie
Last Login:August 19, 2008, 06:13:24 am
United States United States

Religion: Wiccan.

Blessed be.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: August 05, 2008, 01:43:46 am »

what will the next life bring? I want to know about this church of all worlds. I believe they have an answer. and jesus is cool. I like both. but I don't think I have to be a christian to like jesus. there is karma along with forgiveness. some things I cant help. but we all get to live again. just hopefully a different life next time. cure diseases.

In perfect love and in perfect trust.

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Sara
Senior Newbie
Last Login:August 19, 2008, 06:13:24 am

Religion: Wiccan.

Blessed be.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #1: August 05, 2008, 02:53:43 am »

what will the next life bring? I want to know about this church of all worlds. I believe they have an answer. and jesus is cool. I like both. but I don't think I have to be a christian to like jesus. there is karma along with forgiveness. some things I cant help. but we all get to live again. just hopefully a different life next time. cure diseases.

what religion had the tree? cuz I went to the caw inc. site and they don't talk about a tree. they talk about the air force and some random person's creed for awakining gaia when he really needs to awaken himself, like I need to cure my own disease. guess I will stay wiccan, since wicca explains herbs and stones. it's like my spiritual hobby. like serene counseling through religion, for this aspect of life. I'm curious about what herbs could do, since I'm ojibua and like that kind of stuff. I do need to accept that I will die someday. but since I believe in jesus I believe in eternal life so that and reincarnation explain each other. I'm goin to heaven. I wonder what people in heaven do though. I guess that is my attraction to this. how do people go to hell if god forgives them? maybe they pick hell when they die. then the tree sends them to the part of hell god wants them in so he can find them, and lets the ones who want to be there stay there. I don't think he gives them a third chance. that's how they stay dead. I'm confused. I don't understand the purpose of life. I really don't think there is one. sickness misery and death with the fun sucked out of life. sometimes it's ok, but just that cuz it always goes poof! because either a loved one dies or I get sick and then have to recover all over again. it's all I do is counseling to keep myself alive and thats my life. it sucks and on top of that I have physical diseases and three mental disorders that spawn from the wretchedness of my existence and all these dipshits on the internet try too hard to explain the purpose of life and there isn't a one. there is none. I don't get it. so why fight for the misery to continue making yourself even more miserable by stress of everyone hating you? dude I hate myself. so I need to find a herbal solution that works better than proffessional medicine men causing me more grief than it is worth to get cured of what previouse proffesional medicine men have started. and they also have a life sucks so suck it up military purpose. I don't like those people. there is no such 7th heaven. if there were the parents would be, like, alcoholics and so would there kids be but the parents would be allowed to drink and the kids wouldn't be in order to cover up the fact that the parents drink at work and drive home drunker than they were at 5 00 am when they started drinking for the day after about a 4 and a half hour break for sleep. the dad also became a minister after he was fired for drinking at mc donalds in high school so he had to be a minister in a catholic school to make his parents happy and the mom is a steward of the christian church because she is secretly having an affair with the altar boy. when I look at the family in the 7th heaven series, I see a pretty prim and standard dysfunctional family who isn't telling their audience that they are really all sleeping in the same bed at night. oh, but that's just incase the altar boy's parents who are in the mafia try to break into their house to steal back the money the parent's inlaws owe them.

ha.I'm having a very bad day cuz my nose hurts from the door it was hit by when my little sister hit me with it. I dont know what her problem is. she has a lot of anger management issues and always has.
there is my too much information explaining how a christian household runs itself. martyr? not me, I don't get the point of fighting for awakining a god or goddess when thats what christians did and no good came of that either.

In perfect love and in perfect trust.
Star
Message Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 12, 2013, 08:36:08 am

Religion: Hellenic Reconstructionist
TCN ID: star

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #2: August 05, 2008, 08:08:17 am »

(Just a quick note...  Could you please remember to break your posts up into smaller paragraphs, with a blank line between each paragraph?  Big blocks of text like your first paragraph are really hard to follow.  Thanks!)

what religion had the tree?

I think you're going to have to be more specific...  There are trees of various sorts in several religions.  Can you tell us more about the tree you're asking about?

guess I will stay wiccan, since wicca explains herbs and stones.

There's a lot more to Wicca than herbs and stones, though.  And in fact you can do the herbs-and-stones stuff without being Wiccan at all.

I'm afraid I don't understand what you're trying to say in the rest of your post well enough to answer it.   Huh

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Main Blog:  Star's Journal of Random Thoughts
Religious Blog:  The Song and the Flame
I can also now be found on Goodreads.
Isis
Journeyman
Last Login:August 29, 2009, 05:18:30 pm

Religion: Pagan (Druidic Witch)

Mother Goddess

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #3: August 05, 2008, 11:08:16 am »

I agree with Star; your post was, indeed, very hard to follow.

One of the paths that "has a tree" is the Druidic path; this uses the Tree of Life.  Many times, the image is that of a tree whose branches are connected to the roots, the never-ending cycle of life; thus, the Tree of Life.

There are many paths from the Pagan path that deal with herbs, stones, and such.  Druids are big on herbalism (my husband practices Druidism).  They aren't so much prayers to whichever deity, but the ritual and acknowledgement of the Earth and all She has to offer.

Many people I've spoken to don't consider this a "spiritual hobby" so you mentioning is the first I've heard of it.  I hope you find the path you're looking for.

Magick is . . . hearing the wind whisper the Earth's secrets or listening to the Moon share Her wisdom.

"When we blindly adopt a religion, a political system, a literary dogma, we become automatons. We cease to grow. " -Anais Nin, writer
EverFool
Board Staff
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:September 16, 2011, 12:40:01 pm
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: atheist

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #4: August 05, 2008, 01:13:37 pm »

I'm confused.

I think we all are...

If anal prolapse teaches us anything, it's that it is what is inside that counts.
Melamphoros
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:March 28, 2015, 11:01:26 pm

Religion: Informed Eclectic with Hellenic Overtones
TCN ID: Melamphoros

Kiss My Scythe

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #5: August 05, 2008, 01:16:50 pm »

I think we all are...

*nods*

Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you will make a great sandwich.
My Spiritual Blog
Journey
Adept Member
Last Login:February 13, 2010, 04:43:29 pm

Religion: None

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #6: August 05, 2008, 02:00:49 pm »

I'm confused. I don't understand the purpose of life. I really don't think there is one.

Sara, I think you are hurting so I am going to send positive energy to you.

The way I have always looked at life is that the purpose of life is what ever you want it to be. That means if you are unhappy you need to understand that you can't change other people, you can't count on them to make you happy, you have to get out there and find your own happiness. When I was young I felt like I was in a very dark hole, I got out, but it wasn't easy.

I always remember a little story, I don't remember where I heard it, but someone was crying because there was so much misery in the world and they asked God, "Why don't you do something about all this misery?" and God answered, "I did, I created you."   

That helped me realize that I can be part of the misery, or I can do things to improve the world. It dosen't mean that you have to do spectacular or big things either, just little things like holding doors for people, having patience in traffic, or being pleasant to co-workers.  You might want ot look into volunteering in your community, sometimes knowing that you are doing something positive can really improve your outlook on life.

Blessings  (((((Sara)))))
Laurus
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:July 04, 2009, 04:51:22 am
Finland Finland

Religion: wiccan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #7: September 17, 2008, 06:09:01 am »

what religion had the tree? cuz I went to the caw inc. site and they don't talk about a tree. they talk about the air force and some random

Vikings (nowadays Asatru) had Yggdrasil the Worldtree. And the worldtree is also part of many shamanic cultures around the world.
Thereīs also Kabbalistic system of Tree of life. And Isis mentioned that Druids have Tree of life too. But these arenīt the same Tree of Life at all if I am correct.
Odjn
Master Member
Last Login:March 09, 2011, 09:12:20 am

Religion: Supreme Skeptic

A dragon has come...

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #8: September 17, 2008, 11:19:35 am »

I don't think he gives them a third chance. that's how they stay dead. I'm confused. I don't understand the purpose of life. I really don't think there is one.

I agree with you 100%. Life has no inherent meaning other than what one invents for it. Look at the rest of the natural world, animals do little except eat, defend themselves, the family or territory. They usually multiply and pass on desireable genes, teach the young, usually, hope to get food and whatnot and then die.

The only difference with humans is we have technology which enables us to learn some of the intricacies of the world. Naturally we try not to do too much damage but the idea that we're supposed to somehow make an impact is little more than anthropocentrism with a generous helping of egocentrism.

In the end I think that only actions are relevant, not the person who does them. If Edison did not develop the lightbulb, for example, then someone else would have..it is only a matter of time, not a matter of who.

guess I will stay wiccan, since wicca explains herbs and stones. it's like my spiritual hobby.

Spiritual development is not a hobby and should not be treated with such frivolity. Whether you use Wicca, Druidism, Witchcraft or Christianity as a vessel, it is a path, not a hobby. If you insist on considering it as such then you won't get very far.

It's like learning medicine, if one treats at as nothing more than a activity to do because you're bored then all the studying will have benn for naught. It needs to have some sort of use in ones life or else it is nothing more than a wasted expenditure of time and personal energy.

nikkiwitch
Journeyman
Last Login:December 20, 2008, 03:51:14 pm

Religion: pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #9: September 20, 2008, 09:47:04 pm »

I don't believe in reincarnation at all. I feel that everything is happening at the same time but on different frequency levels, we are just

one circle, that's how psychics can read the past , present and future, although Ive only met one person who could accurately read

the future. Wow, I shouldn't say this stuff I'm confusing myself now.Sorry.

My cats are my kids.
shiikis
Last Login:September 27, 2008, 11:11:08 pm

Religion: Gnostic

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #10: September 27, 2008, 12:34:27 pm »

There is an 18th century Christian mystic from Sweden named Emanuel Swedenborg who for the last 30+/- yrs of his life had daily conversations with the angels and the dead, and tours of the heavens by astral projection.  One of his greatest works is Heaven and Hell and can be found at http://www.swedenborg.com/
Hufflee
Master Member
Last Login:September 17, 2011, 03:46:48 pm

Religion: Spiritual Witch with an Hermetic bent

Blog entries (0)

hufflee Jennifer Lee Huffman who has time?

Ignore
« Reply #11: October 09, 2008, 11:16:29 pm »

I don't believe in reincarnation at all. I feel that everything is happening at the same time but on different frequency levels, we are just one circle, that's how psychics can read the past , present and future, although Ive only met one person who could accurately read the future. Wow, I shouldn't say this stuff I'm confusing myself now.Sorry.

I personally don't have any solid beliefs on what happens when we die (simply because I have no proof), but the best I can reason is that reincarnation makes the most sense. (I don't say this for the sake of arguing... just trying to understand.) Since everything in/of the earth seems to circle around somehow- from planting seasons to the moon cycles, wouldn't it make sense that we do too? I can't seem to wrap my mind around the different frequency levels. Do you believe that hypnotism works? If so, how do you explain the knowledge that comes out of regression sessions? I suppose that the past lives that are remembered in those sessions could be alternate present lives on a different plane or frequency, but that doesn't account for the economics in those memories that parallel past eras. That seems more like reincarnation. Anyone have any other thoughts on this subject? Honestly I'm a bit confused myself. Huh

When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change-Unknown

"This [the Irish] is one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever."
Sigmund Freud (My Irish blood is laughing)

EverFool
Board Staff
Staff
High Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #12: October 09, 2008, 11:41:09 pm »

Do you believe that hypnotism works? If so, how do you explain the knowledge that comes out of regression sessions? I suppose that the past lives that are remembered in those sessions could be alternate present lives on a different plane or frequency, but that doesn't account for the economics in those memories that parallel past eras. That seems more like reincarnation. Anyone have any other thoughts on this subject? Honestly I'm a bit confused myself. Huh

One word: Confabulation. Smiley

If anal prolapse teaches us anything, it's that it is what is inside that counts.
Hufflee
Master Member
Last Login:September 17, 2011, 03:46:48 pm

Religion: Spiritual Witch with an Hermetic bent

Blog entries (0)

hufflee Jennifer Lee Huffman who has time?

Ignore
« Reply #13: October 10, 2008, 04:35:40 pm »

One word: Confabulation. Smiley

This is entirely possible, but I know someone not given to the fantastic at all, who went into this type of therapy to try and help solve a personal problem and had some unexpected results. Namely a remembered sequence of events from another time (however vague in some places) that closely resembled parts of his current circumstances. He was actually able to learn from these "past" mistakes and resolve his conflict to his satisfaction.

I suppose that it COULD have been his subconcious simply solving a problem for him in a way he could easily comprehend; but he honestly believes that he remembered a past life, which is completely out of charactor for him. Like I said before...I don't know what to believe.  Huh

I would love to go to a session with a regressionalist myself - just to see what came of it, but I hesitate to entrust my subconcious to someone that I do not know intimately, and unfortunately I don't know any hypnotists.

When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change-Unknown

"This [the Irish] is one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever."
Sigmund Freud (My Irish blood is laughing)

EverFool
Board Staff
Staff
High Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #14: October 11, 2008, 07:19:39 am »

This is entirely possible, but I know someone not given to the fantastic at all,

Confabulation has nothing to do with being given to the fantastic. It'sjust what happens when the brain tries to fill in perceived gaps, essentially.

When you go for a regression, you're basically letting the hypnotist manipulate what is stored in your brain.  Any misleading questions, or a por choice of words, etc, can lead to a bunch of false memories. Hence all those people who thought they werevictims of Satanic Abuse.

Think of memory as being water: would you want to let someone pee in yours?

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)