The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
November 29, 2021, 02:45:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 29, 2021, 02:45:22 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Elemental Witchcraft  (Read 6226 times)
Raven
Senior Newbie
Last Login:June 22, 2007, 12:14:06 am
Canada Canada

Religion: Celtic Pagan, Spiritual

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: April 10, 2007, 01:33:14 am »

Merry Meet,     

I thought I would start a thread about books that deal with the 5 Elements of Wicca since there are no posts on this subject within this thread. These 5 Elements are: Earth, Air, Fire, Water & Spirit. To any who are interested in the study of this fascinating subject I offer these books for study for people who want to learn more about the Elements. I will also include a short description at what these books have to offer. Now the books listed are ones I have personally read which will be marked and ones which I haven't read.

(Read)
"Elements of Witchcraft: Natural Magick For Teens" by Ellen Dugan
     Now, you may magick yourself to seem more appealing and attractive.... Spells that call for you to have more confidence and poise are great too." Dugan stresses that clothes, jewelry and gear are not essential to magick. She prefers to emphasize ethics, accentuating that the Craft centers around positive personal power that is enhanced and harnessed by working with the forces of the natural world. The book is filled with real-life stories that teens can relate to, and the tone is friendly but not condescending. The book covers necessary points such as the four elements, explained in part by explicit guided meditations. There are also useful chapters on yearly observances and circlecasting. A thorough chapter on flowers and trees, more than is found in other similar works. In the chapter on tools she provides teens many affordable and safe alternatives to traditional supplies.

(Read)
"Earth Power: Techniques of Natural Magick" by Scott Cunningham
     When you draw a heart in the sand, call on the four winds for assistance, or ask the rain to wash away a bad habit, you are practicing earth magic. By working in harmony with nature, we can transform ourselves, our lives, and our world. This tried-and-true guide offers more than one hundred spells, rites, and simple rituals you can perform using the powerful energy of the earth. New cover New interior design.

(Read)
"Earth, Air, Fire & Water: More Techniques of Natural Magick" by Scott Cunningham
     Earth, Air, Fire & Water features more than 75 spells, rituals, and ceremonies. Cunningham reveals the secrets of the four magical elements, in addition to the fifth one: spirit. He explores their basic nature and the types of rituals associated with each element. Herbs, stones, metals, musical instruments, colors, seasons, direction, and symbols corresponding with each element are also discussed. This bestselling guide to natural magic also introduces the basics of magic-concepts, techniques, and tools-to those who are new to the practice.

(Not Read)
"Empowering Your Life with Natural Magic" by Sirona Knight
     Readers can enhance life and achieve goals by learning how to commune with the elements of earth, air, fire, water, and spirit; find their personal power element; explore tree magic; work with seasonal cycles; and communicate with nature devas, animal allies, and the faery kingdom; and more. With this book, they’ll learn how to indulge the senses with aromatherapy and discover the healing properties of plants; create magical faery gardens and healing light gardens; boost wellness, encourage healing, and bring balance into every area of life with Feng Shui; and much more.
• Will enchant the growing market share of New Age readers hungry for more hands-on, how-to information
• There is a strong interest in crystals, oils, sacred sites, herbs, flowers
• Books on “practical magick” are gaining in popularity

(Not Read)
"Way Of Four Spellbook: Working Magic with the Elements" by Deborah Lipp
     This knowledgeable guide presents never before explored magical material, such as combining elemental work with elemental purpose in a structured spell. Many different magical methods and styles are covered, including spell structures that are closely aligned with each element-handwritten spells for Air magic, soaking and bathing spells for Water magic, sex magic for the element of Fire, and burial and planting magic for Earth spells. In her friendly and forthright way, Deborah Lipp gives detailed information on the essence of a spell, including the meaning of intention, the difference between target and goal, the use of interconnection, sources of power, magical focus, and much more.

These are just some of the examples on what Elemental Witchcraft can offer you. Of course I'm not telling you to rush out and buy these books. They are merely listed here as an aid in ones quest to learn more about the elements and the effect they have on the planet, the universe and oneself. I hope that what I have listed here today is of help to those seeking.

May The Goddess Light Your Way
Raven

May The Goddess Bless You With Her Light
Raven

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

FierFlye
Adept Member
Last Login:December 14, 2013, 06:14:57 pm
United States United States

Religion: FlameKeeper
TCN ID: FierFlye

Photo Credit: http://roothieb.blogspot.com/

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #1: April 10, 2007, 09:17:50 pm »

"Way Of Four Spellbook: Working Magic with the Elements" by Deborah Lipp

I have this book, and have read some of it...unfortunately not much is coming to mind about it.

She has another one "The Elements of Ritual"  that I've read a little more heavily.  She goes through each step of (Wiccan) ritual, and actually explains WHY each step is done and why it's important or not so, and expains the step in the context of each element.  It can get a little repetitive.."this is the air reason of casting the circle, this is the fire reason to cast the circle...." but definately gets you thinking about what the right way for you might be, and why.

Spiritual Blog: Fier's Flame
Kalika
Senior Newbie
Last Login:April 24, 2007, 11:01:23 am

Religion: Eclectic

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #2: April 23, 2007, 05:35:17 pm »

"Earth, Air, Fire & Water: More Techniques of Natural Magick" by Scott Cunningham
     Earth, Air, Fire & Water features more than 75 spells, rituals, and ceremonies. Cunningham reveals the secrets of the four magical elements, in addition to the fifth one: spirit. He explores their basic nature and the types of rituals associated with each element. Herbs, stones, metals, musical instruments, colors, seasons, direction, and symbols corresponding with each element are also discussed. This bestselling guide to natural magic also introduces the basics of magic-concepts, techniques, and tools-to those who are new to the practice.

I have this book, and it is definitely a good read for beginners and the experienced alike.  Not the end-all be-all of books, but definitely a good resource to have handy.  Smiley
Nevyn
Journeyman
Last Login:February 01, 2011, 10:42:36 am
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: None

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #3: May 07, 2007, 03:06:16 pm »

Can I add the Jaq Hawkins "Spirits Of" series, which add an interesting insight to actualy working with the "elementals". Hmm I think I wrote a couple of reviews about these back on the old site, they might still be there is there is archive access  Cool

Ocelot
Cauldron Council
Senior Staff
Adept Member
Last Login:October 02, 2011, 12:45:59 pm

Religion: FlameKeeper

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #4: May 07, 2007, 03:22:10 pm »

Can I add the Jaq Hawkins "Spirits Of" series, which add an interesting insight to actualy working with the "elementals". Hmm I think I wrote a couple of reviews about these back on the old site, they might still be there is there is archive access  Cool

Yup, the archives can be accessed by clicking the archive links under "community Areas" on the sidebar to the left.

Also, I know you just arrived here, but please get in the habit of using the quote button to reply. It's a requirement on this board with few exceptions.

:edited to fix a misspelled word
« Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 03:24:45 pm by Ocelot » Logged

~<>~ Flame of light, flame of dark, working together, never apart.
Dancing in harmony, balance assured, dark absorbs so light may endure.~<>~

Blog: http://ocelotsden.blogspot.com/
FlameKeeping: http://www.flamekeeping.org/
Nevyn
Journeyman

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #5: May 07, 2007, 03:26:19 pm »

Do I have to quote for every post I make?? Sorry to be a dim wit, but I figured that quotes were only required if it wasn't explicitly obvious what was being discussed? Not challenging, just curious as I know you guys here have always had a slightly different netiqtte to most other boards, so don't want to hack everybody off?

Star
Message Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 12, 2013, 08:36:08 am

Religion: Hellenic Reconstructionist
TCN ID: star

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #6: May 07, 2007, 03:33:56 pm »

Do I have to quote for every post I make?? Sorry to be a dim wit, but I figured that quotes were only required if it wasn't explicitly obvious what was being discussed? Not challenging, just curious as I know you guys here have always had a slightly different netiqtte to most other boards, so don't want to hack everybody off?

The problem is that what is "explicitly obvious" to one person often isn't to everyone else.  Sad  So if your post is in reply to anything remotely specific, even if you're replying to the first post in the thread or the post right before yours, then you do need to quote.  Not-quoting we'd like to reserve for really, really general stuff like a thank-you to everyone who's posted in, or a new news story in a news thread, or something like that.

It's only partly for the quote itself, really; if you use the quote button, it puts in a link back to the post you're replying to, and that is just as important to a lot of us as the quote itself, if not moreso.  On Beehive we didn't bug people about it much because Beehive just put in the link-backs automatically, so if someone didn't quote, it was no biggie because you could just click the link and go back to see what they were replying to.  SMF doesn't do that, though, so that's why we're getting so picky about quoting all of the sudden.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 03:36:32 pm by Star, Reason: Clarification » Logged

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Main Blog:  Star's Journal of Random Thoughts
Religious Blog:  The Song and the Flame
I can also now be found on Goodreads.
Nevyn
Journeyman

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #7: May 07, 2007, 03:37:18 pm »

SMF doesn't do that, though, so that's why we're getting so picky about quoting all of the sudden.

Hehehe fairy nuff, lol might rule out sneaky surfing and quick replies for me at work mind.

Jinx
Apprentice
Last Login:July 07, 2007, 07:52:22 pm

Religion: Wicca

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #8: May 08, 2007, 10:17:59 am »

Hehehe fairy nuff, lol might rule out sneaky surfing and quick replies for me at work mind.

You can use the quote in the quick reply window. In fact I'm doing it right now! 

Jinx

~Think of what you would do if you knew you would not fail~ Unknown

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)

EU Cookie Notice: This site uses cookies. By using this site you consent to their use.