The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
October 23, 2020, 08:24:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2020, 08:24:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: What is a Fluffy Bunny? an FAQ I found  (Read 12969 times)
Isis
Journeyman
Last Login:August 29, 2009, 05:18:30 pm
United States United States

Religion: Pagan (Druidic Witch)

Mother Goddess

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: August 13, 2008, 04:59:28 pm »

I'm sorry if I've posted this in the wrong section; I couldn't find an appropriate one.  I've posted this more as a "funny" than "actuality" or "truth."  Opinions on fluffy bunnies, I believe, vary a bit from person to person.

(Content removed for copyright violation.)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 11:12:22 am by Star, Reason: Copyright » Logged

Magick is . . . hearing the wind whisper the Earth's secrets or listening to the Moon share Her wisdom.

"When we blindly adopt a religion, a political system, a literary dogma, we become automatons. We cease to grow. " -Anais Nin, writer

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:October 08, 2020, 10:47:08 am

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #1: August 13, 2008, 05:06:59 pm »

I'm sorry if I've posted this in the wrong section; I couldn't find an appropriate one.  I've posted this more as a "funny" than "actuality" or "truth."  Opinions on fluffy bunnies, I believe, vary a bit from person to person.

*** MOD HAT ON ***You say that this is "an FAQ I found" -- if you did not write it you need permission from the original author/copyright holder to post it here and that permission needs to be included in your post. I do not see such permission. Provide it immediately or I will have to delete the FAQ.

From our Community Rules:

DO NOT post more than a sentence or two of copyrighted material without obtaining specific permission from the current copyright owner to post the material on The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum and posting that permission with the copyrighted material. Link to the material instead. (See our Copyright Guidelines for more information).

From our Copyright Guidelines:

We have had a number of problems with -- and complaints about -- the message board's strict copyright rules. Please remember that material taken from web pages, newspapers, magazines, etc. is copyrighted (and remains copyrighted even if you get it from a third party, e.g. in an email message from a friend or mailing list) and may not be posted without permission from the actual owner of the copyright (permission must be included with the post).

Permission to email a copy to a friend as some news sites give is the not same thing as permission to post on a public message board. Simply giving credit to the original author is not enough under US copyright law: not giving credit is plagarism, not getting permission is a copyright law violation.

"Fair use" is only a couple of sentences or a very short paragraph from a newspaper, magazine, or web article.

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host
Isis
Journeyman

Mother Goddess

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #2: August 14, 2008, 11:05:43 am »

[modbreak]You say that this is "an FAQ I found" -- if you did not write it you need permission from the original author/copyright holder to post it here and that permission needs to be included in your post. I do not see such permission. Provide it immediately or I will have to delete the FAQ.

From our Community Rules:

From our Copyright Guidelines:

[/modbreak]

I apologize.  The originator is no longer on the forum where I found it.  I just thought it was a funny.  Please feel free to delete then.  Sorry.

Magick is . . . hearing the wind whisper the Earth's secrets or listening to the Moon share Her wisdom.

"When we blindly adopt a religion, a political system, a literary dogma, we become automatons. We cease to grow. " -Anais Nin, writer
Star
Message Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 12, 2013, 08:36:08 am

Religion: Hellenic Reconstructionist
TCN ID: star

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #3: August 14, 2008, 11:16:25 am »

I apologize.  The originator is no longer on the forum where I found it.  I just thought it was a funny.  Please feel free to delete then.  Sorry.

Done.  (Well, content removed, anyway; we don't delete posts/threads here.)  If you have a link to the original piece, you could post that and it wouldn't be a problem.  That's usually the best way to go with stuff like this.

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Main Blog:  Star's Journal of Random Thoughts
Religious Blog:  The Song and the Flame
I can also now be found on Goodreads.
Isis
Journeyman

Mother Goddess

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #4: August 14, 2008, 11:20:39 am »

Done.  (Well, content removed, anyway; we don't delete posts/threads here.)  If you have a link to the original piece, you could post that and it wouldn't be a problem.  That's usually the best way to go with stuff like this.

THAT I do have.

original post:  FAQ:  What is a "Fluffy Bunny"?

Valkyriia
Journeyman
Last Login:August 13, 2011, 08:54:09 pm

Religion: solitary Wiccan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #5: August 14, 2008, 03:00:03 pm »

I never knew there were different types of fluffy bunnies.

I unfortunately was a pop culture fluffy bunny when I was a teen. I watched the movies and thought to myself, "That doesn't look so hard. I can do that."

I knew nothing about Wicca when I tried to do a spell when I was younger. Well it backfired and now I refuse to do spells anymore. (I know some people are thinking, don't let one bad experience turn you off from spells)

I didn't realize there is more to Wicca that what TV portrays. When I started actually reading about Wicca it really openend my eyes.

I'm no longer a fluffy bunny. Although I am a Wiccan who doesn't seem to practice. Way too much on my plate.

Sorry for the rant ya'all.

CrimsonSheep
Apprentice
Last Login:November 17, 2008, 10:55:06 pm

Religion: Irreligious agnostic theist

It's only as dark as you make it.

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #6: August 14, 2008, 06:47:22 pm »

I saw the same article by the same author on a different forum I go on. I liked it and found it very informative and interesting. I'd say linking it here was a pretty good idea. Smiley

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I fear no evil for Thou art with me
Locked and loaded
Gonna find my truth
Now I'm busting through
All hell breaks loose
PNorwood
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:August 16, 2008, 09:30:17 am

Religion: Pagan

carrying magick into the new mellenium

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #7: August 16, 2008, 09:22:07 am »

I saw the same article by the same author on a different forum I go on. I liked it and found it very informative and interesting. I'd say linking it here was a pretty good idea. Smiley
I think it was very informative. its just a real shame that we have to be so judgemental of the way others do things that we have to come up with classifications like fluffy bunny in order to put them down. sometimes my veiws probably do fall under the fluffy bunny typecasting because I have in the past found many good clues and hints to my own magical growth through fiction books and through movies but I also know enough not to believe everything I read or see on the screen too. I really hate that we find the need to look down our noses at people who are not at our place of growth or do not practice the craft as we do. But I guess that is part of being Human.

healing, light and peace
White Raven
rose
High Adept Member
Last Login:September 01, 2011, 10:16:28 pm

Religion: Shakti Wiccan with Reclaiming leanings
TCN ID: rose

Blog entries (0)

rose shannon

Ignore
« Reply #8: August 16, 2008, 12:31:48 pm »

I really hate that we find the need to look down our noses at people who are not at our place of growth or do not practice the craft as we do. But I guess that is part of being Human.

ITA. It's my pagan pet peeve.

Goddess grant me:
  The power of Water,
  to accept with ease & grace what I cannot change.

The power of Fire,
  for the energy & courage to change the things I can.

The power of Air,
  for the ability and wisdom to know the difference.

And the power of Earth,
  for the strength to continue my path.

http://rosejayadal.blogspot.com/
Journey
Adept Member
Last Login:February 13, 2010, 04:43:29 pm

Religion: None

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #9: August 16, 2008, 02:30:10 pm »

I think it was very informative. its just a real shame that we have to be so judgemental of the way others do things that we have to come up with classifications like fluffy bunny in order to put them down. sometimes my veiws probably do fall under the fluffy bunny typecasting because I have in the past found many good clues and hints to my own magical growth through fiction books and through movies but I also know enough not to believe everything I read or see on the screen too. I really hate that we find the need to look down our noses at people who are not at our place of growth or do not practice the craft as we do. But I guess that is part of being Human.

I'll second (or is it third?) that! I hate these types of labels, hate it, hate it, hate it!  Everybody starts at a different place and developes at a different rate. I have talked to several Pagans and Witches who have sometimes said it was the cheesiest movie, TV show, book, etc. that made them realize Paganism was for them. 

I think at one time we all go through the "spooky grave yard" phase, it doesn't mean people who are at that point are fluffy or silly or anything else, we are all students along our paths, we all continue to change and grow and learn.

I'll step off the soap box now.
rose
High Adept Member
Last Login:September 01, 2011, 10:16:28 pm

Religion: Shakti Wiccan with Reclaiming leanings
TCN ID: rose

Blog entries (0)

rose shannon

Ignore
« Reply #10: August 16, 2008, 02:41:03 pm »

I'll second (or is it third?) that! I hate these types of labels, hate it, hate it, hate it!  Everybody starts at a different place and developes at a different rate. I have talked to several Pagans and Witches who have sometimes said it was the cheesiest movie, TV show, book, etc. that made them realize Paganism was for them. 

I think at one time we all go through the "spooky grave yard" phase, it doesn't mean people who are at that point are fluffy or silly or anything else, we are all students along our paths, we all continue to change and grow and learn.

I'll step off the soap box now.

no, please stay...otherwise PN and I will be lonely Wink

Another thing that really really irks me is when people tell  me I'm not a witch b/c I am/am not do/don't do ________. Whatever they think is ok or real, I guess. I recently ran into this on one of my lists where someone had posted this big long thing about traditional witchcraft, and explained that anyone who calls themselves a witch but doesn't subscribe to (I guess the poster's) condoned traditional path is "erroneous". Oh.  How nice for me to know.

Goddess grant me:
  The power of Water,
  to accept with ease & grace what I cannot change.

The power of Fire,
  for the energy & courage to change the things I can.

The power of Air,
  for the ability and wisdom to know the difference.

And the power of Earth,
  for the strength to continue my path.

http://rosejayadal.blogspot.com/
Journey
Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #11: August 16, 2008, 06:37:19 pm »

no, please stay...otherwise PN and I will be lonely Wink
Another thing that really really irks me is when people tell  me I'm not a witch b/c I am/am not do/don't do ________. Whatever they think is ok or real, I guess. I recently ran into this on one of my lists where someone had posted this big long thing about traditional witchcraft, and explained that anyone who calls themselves a witch but doesn't subscribe to (I guess the poster's) condoned traditional path is "erroneous". Oh.  How nice for me to know.

Okay, I'll stay on.  Wink

Yes, I know what you mean about not being a witch because you don't practice it the way someone else does.   Roll Eyes

I think what irks me the most about that is the length of time (all my life?) that I have been practicing. Which means way before some new age book came out that says I have been doing it all wrong. Pl-eeeese!
EverFool
Board Staff
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:September 16, 2011, 12:40:01 pm
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: atheist

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #12: August 17, 2008, 06:19:02 am »

I really hate that we find the need to look down our noses at people who are not at our place of growth or do not practice the craft as we do. But I guess that is part of being Human.

People make judgements about each other all of the time.  Given that we're a social species, it's pretty much instinctive that we're going to assess where we are in the pecking order.  Especially given that those things can often be associated with preferential breeding opportunities.

And to be honest, have you *never* in your life thought that someone was an idiot?  Whether right or wrong, we have opinions about other people.  The fluffy label exists because people see certain groups of behaviours that appear linked, and can be stable over time (or just a phase, as people mention).  Hence the label exists as a short hand.  Look on the bright side - without this awful label, or other negative labels, we'd have to trawl out a long list of our complaints with someone each time we needed to describe them.

If anal prolapse teaches us anything, it's that it is what is inside that counts.
Journey
Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #13: August 17, 2008, 10:10:59 am »

People make judgements about each other all of the time.  Given that we're a social species, it's pretty much instinctive that we're going to assess where we are in the pecking order.  Especially given that those things can often be associated with preferential breeding opportunities.
And to be honest, have you *never* in your life thought that someone was an idiot?  Whether right or wrong, we have opinions about other people.  The fluffy label exists because people see certain groups of behaviours that appear linked, and can be stable over time (or just a phase, as people mention).  Hence the label exists as a short hand.  Look on the bright side - without this awful label, or other negative labels, we'd have to trawl out a long list of our complaints with someone each time we needed to describe them.

Well, that is exactly the point, there is no such thing as a "fluffy bunny". It is only the person using the term who sees another as a fluffy bunny.   A fluffy bunny only exists in the eye of the name-caller

Your use of the term "idiot" was spot on. What constitutes an idiot to some won't be the same for someone else.

Unfortunately, all this pettiness and name-calling leads to negative stereotypes. Granted "fluffy bunny" isn't quite in the same league as a lot of derogatory stereotypical terms, still it can hurt. I find it sad that this sort of snootiness came from within Paganism itself. 
EverFool
Board Staff
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:September 16, 2011, 12:40:01 pm
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: atheist

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #14: August 17, 2008, 10:13:39 am »

I find it sad that this sort of snootiness came from within Paganism itself. 

It comes from people.  Why would pagans be better than anyone else?

If anal prolapse teaches us anything, it's that it is what is inside that counts.

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)