The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
September 24, 2020, 07:56:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 24, 2020, 07:56:58 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Faith and sticking to It!!  (Read 5863 times)
leokaat
Apprentice
Last Login:September 17, 2008, 07:07:38 pm
United States United States

Religion: I'm an eclectic witch(not really a religion though)

Leo

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: August 21, 2008, 08:30:35 am »

Hello I'm new here but not really new to magick and the occult, well a year, really, on and off nothing to brag about. (btw I'm only 14 I dont think that really matters though. Wink)

I have a question about faith to your path, Huh,
 a year ago about this time I was so into the witchcraft and magick like this is so cool this is so cool Cheesy then all of a sudden someone told me your not on the right path witchcraft is bad  Cry and I got scared and left it all (god I feel horrible writing it.. Embarrassed) all about this wonderful feeling of loving the earth being connected I don't know why but I did and I feel really terrible like how could I even think about losing my wonderful faith that I loved I shouldn't be caring about what others think right,, I should stay on my track,and I'm coming back into this world of magick and I love it but I do feel kinda guilty I left ...

Anyways I was wondering if anyone else had a time in their life where they left witchcraft things and let it fall in your past and then come back to it...? i shouldn't feel guilty should I ?  I'm scared its going to happen again just me not fallowing through on my decision to be a witch and right know I want to be a witch so bad! I just can't take it any more .. I just had to let this out  ... Embarrassed Undecided

I want to be a witch again ,, Will you guys help me through these hard times??

...Ok now I feel better.. Tongue Cheesy 

Hopefully this is the right place to put this sorry if its not...

So may I have some advice please?

~Emily(Leo)

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

leokaat
Apprentice

Leo

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #1: August 21, 2008, 12:52:57 pm »

Hello I'm new here but not really new to magick and the occult, well a year, really, on and off nothing to brag about. (btw I'm only 14 I dont think that really matters though. Wink)

a year ago about this time I was so into the witchcraft and magick like this is so cool this is so cool Cheesy then all of a sudden someone told me your not on the right path witchcraft is bad  Cry and I got scared and left it all (god I feel horrible writing it.. Embarrassed) all about this wonderful feeling of loving the earth being connected I don't know why but I did and I feel really terrible like how could I even think about losing my wonderful faith that I loved I shouldn't be caring about what others think right,, I should stay on my track,and I'm coming back into this world of magick and I love it but I do feel kinda guilty I left ...

Anyways I was wondering if anyone else had a time in their life where they left witchcraft things and let it fall in your past and then come back to it...? i shouldn't feel guilty should I ?  I'm scared its going to happen again just me not fallowing through on my decision to be a witch and right know I want to be a witch so bad! I just can't take it any more .. I just had to let this out  ... Embarrassed Undecided

~Emily(Leo)
any one?
Star
Message Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 12, 2013, 08:36:08 am

Religion: Hellenic Reconstructionist
TCN ID: star

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #2: August 21, 2008, 01:01:07 pm »

any one?

You've only just posted the thread four and a half hours ago.  Give it some time.  Smiley  Some people only check once a day, or not even that, and since we have people all over the world here, some people may have already gone to bed for the night.  Even for those in the US, it's the middle of the work day, so plenty of people may not have had the chance to see your question yet.  I know when you're waiting for answers half a day seems like forever, but just because no one's responded yet doesn't mean your thread has been overlooked.  Wink

In the meantime, you might take a look through the older threads.  I'd suggest the Pagan Religions 101 folder and Teen Place, and maybe the Pagan Religions, Pagan Spirituality, and Faith in Everyday Life folders down in the Full Members area.  You won't be able to post to Full Member-area threads, of course, but you can read them and you might find some help there.  We've had other people asking about the issue of doubt and keeping on going when faith seems hard to come by before; maybe the answers they got can help you too.

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Main Blog:  Star's Journal of Random Thoughts
Religious Blog:  The Song and the Flame
I can also now be found on Goodreads.
Spectacular Views
Journeyman
Last Login:June 10, 2013, 02:21:49 am

Religion: Can being confused count as a religion?
TCN ID: SpectacularViews

Gravatar

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #3: August 21, 2008, 01:33:48 pm »

~Emily(Leo)

In a way I think you answered your own question:  If you want to be a witch and it makes you happy, than be one. 

Also, you have to remember that a good number if not an overwheling majority of the general populace are misinformed about witchcraft.  I know growing up I was told that witchraft, magic, psychics and anything else of the sort would open my soul up to being possesed by demons.  Not just open me up to the possibility but pretty much inviting the devil to possess me.  I'm not exaggerating, this is what I was told. 

So when someone with the wrong information tells you that something is bad, you have to discard that person's opinion since it's not based on facts but rather misinformation and fear of something unknown.

Hope this helps.
Sperran
Reserve Staff
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:October 18, 2014, 02:07:12 am

Religion: Judaism

Adonai Echad

Blog entries (8)

« Reply #4: August 21, 2008, 02:01:15 pm »

I'm not sure what kind of advice you want.  About all I can say is if you want to study magic and witchcraft, do it.

Sperran
EverFool
Board Staff
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:September 16, 2011, 12:40:01 pm
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: atheist

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #5: August 21, 2008, 02:12:44 pm »

Since you seem anxious for an answer, no.  At least, I won't.

If anal prolapse teaches us anything, it's that it is what is inside that counts.
leokaat
Apprentice

Leo

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #6: August 21, 2008, 02:56:17 pm »

Since you seem anxious for an answer, no.  At least, I won't.
Why would you even post than?
Star
Message Board Coordinator
Senior Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:January 12, 2013, 08:36:08 am

Religion: Hellenic Reconstructionist
TCN ID: star

Etcetera, Whatever

Blog entries (0)

ilaynay starcr
« Reply #7: August 21, 2008, 03:10:24 pm »

I'm not sure what kind of advice you want. 

If I'm reading the original post right, it sounds like leokaat is feeling like she's lost touch with her faith and is looking to reconnect, and would like some advice about how to do that.  I may be misreading, though.

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced."
-- Aart Van Der Leeuw

Main Blog:  Star's Journal of Random Thoughts
Religious Blog:  The Song and the Flame
I can also now be found on Goodreads.
EverFool
Board Staff
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:September 16, 2011, 12:40:01 pm
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: atheist

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #8: August 21, 2008, 03:20:00 pm »

Why would you even post than?

You seemed unhappy that people weren't posting.  I was actually not going to post anything when I first saw your post.

If anal prolapse teaches us anything, it's that it is what is inside that counts.
leokaat
Apprentice

Leo

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #9: August 21, 2008, 03:40:21 pm »

You seemed unhappy that people weren't posting.  I was actually not going to post anything when I first saw your post.
oh sorry I didnt know I was coming across that way  Embarrassed Tongue I'll try to seem happier. Grin
Driven by Dreams
Journeyman
Last Login:December 18, 2011, 10:11:07 pm

Religion: Absurdism

From LiveJournal Community: Cat_Macros

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #10: August 21, 2008, 08:15:50 pm »

~Emily(Leo)

Relax, people (especially people as young as you) are going to change the way they think about their spirituality. It's called Life. What did you do when you first started looking into witchcraft? I assume you read books, talked to a few people you could trust, went on boards like this one, right? So just start doing that again and you'll start reconnecting. If the same people come back and tell you the same thing that witchcraft's evil, then you can at least say that you tried their way and it didn't work for you.

There's no reason for you to feel guilty or bad about trying different paths, so stop worrying about it. Look into everything and try to learn from everything- at least that's what my dad always told me about stuff like this.

Jenett
High Adept Member
Last Login:February 23, 2020, 06:56:44 pm

Religion: Priestess in initiatory religious witchcraft tradition

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #11: August 21, 2008, 10:26:59 pm »

First, as people have said - sometimes it does take people a while to get back. (Me, I work in a high school library: this week is our faculty workshop week, and I was out all day, then at a party to welcome a new teacher until an hour ago.) Lots of people only check in once or twice a day - but it's pretty rare for posts to get *no* comments here, and actually quite common for posts to get a noticeable number compared to other forums. It just sometimes takes a while as different people check in. 

Second...

It's certainly not totally weird for people (especially who are in their teens and early twenties) to get interested in a religion, back off, and cycle back. In fact, it's a totally healthy part of your development in a lot of ways: your teens and early twenties *should* be a time where you can explore and learn without making permanent commitments to a faith. (This is why many churches have upped the age of confirmation - and in the traditional Wiccan community, why people often wait until someone is past their early 20s before considering them for initiatory training and commitments.)

Many of the same things apply to witchcraft as a magical practice, too (it's not quite clear to me whether you're talking about witchcraft as a religious path, or purely as a magical one, by the way.) You should take the time you need to explore and learn that you need to. This is where phrases like "I'm learning about witchcraft" or "I'm a student of witchcraft" come in handy - they explain to you and to others that you're learning, but haven't yet made it a core part of your self-image/identity/commitments.

How to get back to it? Start simple. Pick one thing this month. Work on it. Which one thing? That depends on your interests and what you already know.

Blog: Thoughts from a threshold: http://gleewood.org/threshold
Info for seekers: http://gleewood.org/seeking
Pagan books and resources: http://gleewood.org/books
leokaat
Apprentice

Leo

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #12: August 21, 2008, 11:47:01 pm »

First, as people have said - sometimes it does take people a while to get back. (Me, I work in a high school library: this week is our faculty workshop week, and I was out all day, then at a party to welcome a new teacher until an hour ago.) Lots of people only check in once or twice a day - but it's pretty rare for posts to get *no* comments here, and actually quite common for posts to get a noticeable number compared to other forums. It just sometimes takes a while as different people check in. 

Second...

It's certainly not totally weird for people (especially who are in their teens and early twenties) to get interested in a religion, back off, and cycle back. In fact, it's a totally healthy part of your development in a lot of ways: your teens and early twenties *should* be a time where you can explore and learn without making permanent commitments to a faith. (This is why many churches have upped the age of confirmation - and in the traditional Wiccan community, why people often wait until someone is past their early 20s before considering them for initiatory training and commitments.)

Many of the same things apply to witchcraft as a magical practice, too (it's not quite clear to me whether you're talking about witchcraft as a religious path, or purely as a magical one, by the way.) You should take the time you need to explore and learn that you need to. This is where phrases like "I'm learning about witchcraft" or "I'm a student of witchcraft" come in handy - they explain to you and to others that you're learning, but haven't yet made it a core part of your self-image/identity/commitments.

How to get back to it? Start simple. Pick one thing this month. Work on it. Which one thing? That depends on your interests and what you already know.
thanks This is really helpful!I will take your advice to heart!
wisdomsbane
Adept Member
Last Login:November 23, 2008, 08:14:43 pm

Religion: "generic" pagan/pathfinder

"Meh, humans, blech!"

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #13: August 22, 2008, 01:09:39 am »

oh sorry I didnt know I was coming across that way  Embarrassed Tongue I'll try to seem happier. Grin

Psst.  Don't take him too seriously or you'll end up just turning around and running away.  Some of us are just a bit... erm... less nice and sweet than others.

As for advice.  Do what you need to.  Even if it doesn't make you happy.  I don't know your full situation, so I am not going to advise you further than that on this subject.  One thing I will say though, don't worry about what opinions others may have.**  Unless there is known fact to steer you in their direction, then make up your own mind on things.

**That includes other pagans, and even those in here.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 01:11:42 am by wisdomsbane, Reason: Forgot something. » Logged

What you think is possible.  Anything that is possible can become real.  Therefore, reality is a state of mind.
My Writings So Far
leokaat
Apprentice

Leo

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #14: August 22, 2008, 06:34:46 am »

Psst.  Don't take him too seriously or you'll end up just turning around and running away.  Some of us are just a bit... erm... less nice and sweet than others.

Thanks I will do what my heart thinks is best and contunue my studies on the occult/magic ;DI think your one of the sweet ones wisdomsbane hopefully we can become friends? Smiley

Thank you
              ~Leo
*ps love your icon!!

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)