The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
July 13, 2020, 03:56:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 13, 2020, 03:56:30 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Faith and sticking to It!!  (Read 5655 times)
wisdomsbane
Adept Member
Last Login:November 23, 2008, 08:14:43 pm
United States United States

Religion: "generic" pagan/pathfinder

"Meh, humans, blech!"

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #15: August 23, 2008, 08:37:49 am »

Thanks I will do what my heart thinks is best and contunue my studies on the occult/magic ;DI think your one of the sweet ones wisdomsbane hopefully we can become friends? Smiley

Thank you
              ~Leo
*ps love your icon!!

Heh.  I'm not always sweet, in fact not really all that often.  And thank you.

What you think is possible.  Anything that is possible can become real.  Therefore, reality is a state of mind.
My Writings So Far

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Valkyriia
Journeyman
Last Login:August 13, 2011, 08:54:09 pm

Religion: solitary Wiccan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #16: August 23, 2008, 05:29:32 pm »

Hello I'm new here but not really new to magick and the occult, well a year, really, on and off nothing to brag about. (btw I'm only 14 I dont think that really matters though. Wink)

I have a question about faith to your path, Huh,
 a year ago about this time I was so into the witchcraft and magick like this is so cool this is so cool Cheesy then all of a sudden someone told me your not on the right path witchcraft is bad  Cry and I got scared and left it all (god I feel horrible writing it.. Embarrassed) all about this wonderful feeling of loving the earth being connected I don't know why but I did and I feel really terrible like how could I even think about losing my wonderful faith that I loved I shouldn't be caring about what others think right,, I should stay on my track,and I'm coming back into this world of magick and I love it but I do feel kinda guilty I left ...

Anyways I was wondering if anyone else had a time in their life where they left witchcraft things and let it fall in your past and then come back to it...? i shouldn't feel guilty should I ?  I'm scared its going to happen again just me not fallowing through on my decision to be a witch and right know I want to be a witch so bad! I just can't take it any more .. I just had to let this out  ... Embarrassed Undecided

I want to be a witch again ,, Will you guys help me through these hard times??

...Ok now I feel better.. Tongue Cheesy 

Hopefully this is the right place to put this sorry if its not...

So may I have some advice please?

~Emily(Leo)

First I would like to welcome you to TC.

Second I kind of know how you feel about your beliefs. I stumbled onto Witchcraft when I was sixteen. (gasp that was ten years ago!  Shocked ) My friend at the time told me she was a heriditary witch. I became a "Witchie groupie" (I know some of you out there are cringing with my terminology). I claimed to be one but never did any proper study. Technicly I still haven't. One of the many perks and drawbacks of being a solitary.

I divert from my story though, for several years I would tell people I was a witch. Some people would scorn me other were shocked that I never studied, yet claimed to be a witch. Sor several years I did nothing with the religion. One day I decided to pick up a wiccan book and started thumbing through it. It was like I had been given somthing to be treasured.

For a while I devoured any wiccan books my library had to offer. Time moved on. It wasn't until last year that I chose, or should I say they chose me, five yes five deities to work with. I dedicated myself to them and to my craft a few months ago. Yet barely two months had passed and I wondered if I had made the right decision. I wondered if I should break my ties with Wicca and become Christian.

It wasn't until my stepson came to visit for the summer that I picked up where I left off. I stepped out one night during a full moon and it was as if I hadn't considered changing religions. I knew this is where my heart belonged and my deities would respect any decision I chose.

To get back to the question you had to get back into the swing of things, I reccomend what Jenett said. Pick one thing to do each month. If you feel you haven't learned as much as you would like to about that subject, simply study a little longer. Or if halfway through the month yoou've become bored with the topic you've chosen pick a different one.

This is the great thing about being pagan, there aren't time limits on when you have to learn something.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. I hope I have helped, even if in some small way.  Cheesy

Nycidian
Senior Newbie
Last Login:September 07, 2008, 09:30:42 pm

Religion: Symbolic Dualism

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #17: August 24, 2008, 10:55:28 am »

So may I have some advice please?

First some hard truths.

Your 14 and from your name I assume your female, while this doesn't really effect how smart, wise, emotionally mature, or in any other way change the respective measure of you as a person, it does mean everyone who can really influence your life, for good or ill, is going to assume your to young to make choices and they will try to protect you.

While its probably not considered the right thing to suggest to a teenager they should keep something secret, with something as misunderstood as Wicca, if you really feel a calling to it, then you may have to be less open than you would like to be.

I would love to tell you that being any type of pagan is all happy wonderful times, but its not. You could come across people that you loved, those you thought loved you, that will either try to "save" you(whether you want to be saved or not), or will treat you like you were a criminal who just got off from her last crime scott free.

Not to say its all bad, but you need to decide if your mature enough to handle when it is, but know that there will be times when you will be clothed in the graces of wonderment that spirituality can bring, but again it has its price.

Now for the part about being scared away.

It's natural, different is scary, new is scary, and when you first are reaching for something new, sometimes you flinch. Especially if someone comes behind and starts telling you , "hey thats stuff is ewy and bad it's a nono, don't touch"  Wink

And sorry if it sounds like I was talking down to you I'm not, I'm making fun of silly people who think its their duty to protect young woman, who in another time would be already running their own household or even greater feats.

Hope that helped, I know writing this, I started thinking about my first years taking my first steps on my spiritual path, fond memories, and for that, thank you.
Journey
Adept Member
Last Login:February 13, 2010, 04:43:29 pm

Religion: None

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #18: August 24, 2008, 12:27:05 pm »

I have a question about faith to your path, Huh,
 a year ago about this time I was so into the witchcraft and magick like this is so cool this is so cool Cheesy then all of a sudden someone told me your not on the right path witchcraft is bad  Cry and I got scared and left it all (god I feel horrible writing it.. Embarrassed) all about this wonderful feeling of loving the earth being connected I don't know why but I did and I feel really terrible like how could I even think about losing my wonderful faith that I loved I shouldn't be caring about what others think right,, I should stay on my track,and I'm coming back into this world of magick and I love it but I do feel kinda guilty I left ...

Welcome to the cauldron! 

In answer to your post, there is no such thing as a right path. Only the path that is right for you. You have absolutley nothing to feel guilty about for stepping off your path. I have stepped off mine many, many, times (even became atheist for awhile). It is all a learning experience. You may even change paths here and there along your way.

You are just starting out and have a whole life-time of path exploration ahead of you. Don't be in a rush, and give yourself time. And don't be so hard on yourself. I think it is wonderful that you re-discovered the "coolness" of it all, because really, it is cool isn't it?   

As you have already discovered there are all types of people around, even Pagans and Witches seldom agree on everything. It is very hard at first when you are just starting out and people tell you that you are not doing this or that right.   But there never is a right or wrong way to cast spells or anything else. I know there are lots of people out there who think I don't do things the right way either. But if it works for me, then it isn't wrong is it? It is only wrong if it isn't right for you.

I don't even think Christianity is wrong, it just isn't right for me. I think it is wonderful when some people are all into Christianity and it helps them out. But I know that some Christians think that being a witch is a bad thing. If that is what they want to believe then so be it. I know I can't change their minds, but they can't change mine either.  Smiley

leokaat
Apprentice
Last Login:September 17, 2008, 07:07:38 pm

Religion: I'm an eclectic witch(not really a religion though)

Leo

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #19: August 25, 2008, 11:25:46 pm »

Especially if someone comes behind and starts telling you , "hey thats stuff is ewy and bad it's a nono, don't touch"  Wink

Haha Thats exactly it!!!!!! Omg you got that ,,you must had same experiences I'm glad I'm not alone that makes me feel better  Cheesy Mind if I pm you with any questions I might have?

Leo
Nycidian
Senior Newbie
Last Login:September 07, 2008, 09:30:42 pm

Religion: Symbolic Dualism

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #20: August 26, 2008, 12:27:03 am »

Mind if I pm you with any questions I might have?

Won't bother me, but you might as well publicly ask them as you will get a larger world view, whicj is never bad, now if you want to pm with links to your post asking questions its not going to offend me.
wisdomsbane
Adept Member
Last Login:November 23, 2008, 08:14:43 pm

Religion: "generic" pagan/pathfinder

"Meh, humans, blech!"

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #21: August 26, 2008, 05:38:33 am »

Haha Thats exactly it!!!!!! Omg you got that ,,you must had same experiences I'm glad I'm not alone that makes me feel better  Cheesy Mind if I pm you with any questions I might have?

Leo

Actually you would be surprised at how many have had that happen to them.  There are a couple of threads on here about that sort of thing.  And for the life of me I can't remember what or where they are at the moment.

What you think is possible.  Anything that is possible can become real.  Therefore, reality is a state of mind.
My Writings So Far
leokaat
Apprentice
Last Login:September 17, 2008, 07:07:38 pm

Religion: I'm an eclectic witch(not really a religion though)

Leo

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #22: August 26, 2008, 06:29:28 am »

Actually you would be surprised at how many have had that happen to them.  There are a couple of threads on here about that sort of thing.  And for the life of me I can't remember what or where they are at the moment.
May be i will search for them then..but i did get quite a few nice ones(messages) of my own! Cheesy Grin

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)