The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
June 23, 2021, 08:24:41 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2021, 08:24:41 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Dilemma concerning undesirable people!  (Read 2445 times)
Beth libby
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:May 02, 2010, 02:35:45 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: catholic

Gravatar

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: August 25, 2008, 10:23:19 am »

Sad Would anyone please let me know if they have had success using salt, pepper, etc.. to put around their home to keep unwanted people away from the property? I wouldn't be able to burn candles much in my home, as I live with my mother, and she wouldn't approve unfortunately.

I very much want to move away from my neighborhood as I feel very stressed out concerning bad neighbors and unwelcome people walking by my house.

The neighbors swear and do drugs and I have reported them to the police for noise disturbances.

I am afraid to walk out of my door daily, wondering about my safety and the safety of my cats..

I would like for the individuals to move away, and I wouldn't mind having the financial independance as well to relocate where I would feel at peace and safer!

Has anyone had similar problems in their neighborhood as well?

I thank you very much for your input and help!

regards, Beth Grin

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Chanah
Senior Newbie
Last Login:August 27, 2008, 01:07:41 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: Brit Trad Witchcraft

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #1: August 26, 2008, 04:18:17 am »

Sad Would anyone please let me know if they have had success using salt, pepper, etc.. to put around their home to keep unwanted people away from the property? I wouldn't be able to burn candles much in my home, as I live with my mother, and she wouldn't approve unfortunately.

Ouch - you sound like you live in my neighbourhood, or somewhere equally charming. I am sorry. Your profile says Catholic, have you tried holy water?

Quite seriously. In the form of Wicca I practise, we make holy water, too, albeit by a slightly different process - and it's one of the things that's used to keep impurities/bad people/vibes and the like outside of the ritual circle. And the holy water is mixed with - salt.

It's always worked for me. Which begs the question why haven't I thought of doing it for the house in general? Duh.

I do hope you have some luck with it - or with something. I know how depressing bad neighbourhoods can be.
Beth libby
Senior Apprentice
Canada Canada

Gravatar

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #2: August 26, 2008, 09:51:43 am »

Ouch - you sound like you live in my neighbourhood, or somewhere equally charming. I am sorry. Your profile says Catholic, have you tried holy water?

Quite seriously. In the form of Wicca I practise, we make holy water, too, albeit by a slightly different process - and it's one of the things that's used to keep impurities/bad people/vibes and the like outside of the ritual circle. And the holy water is mixed with - salt.

It's always worked for me. Which begs the question why haven't I thought of doing it for the house in general? Duh.

I do hope you have some luck with it - or with something. I know how depressing bad neighbourhoods can be.

Good morning Chanah,

Yes I have sprinkled holy water from church inside the house and outside the house, but it hasn't worked alot. Quite frustrating for me!

How do you mix the holy water and what do you say while using it to help your house and property feel safer?

Are you going to move from where you live? I want to move somewhere else when I am able to. I've been living here about 25 years or so and I really want to go somewhere more appealing! Cool

EverFool
Board Staff
Staff
High Adept Member
Last Login:September 16, 2011, 12:40:01 pm
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: atheist

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #3: August 26, 2008, 10:25:11 am »

Regardless of what you do, that neighbourhood is still going to be outside your door, assuming that you don't find the funds to move.  If you're having trouble moving, do you think your neighbours will find it easier to move?

If anal prolapse teaches us anything, it's that it is what is inside that counts.
Beth libby
Senior Apprentice
Canada Canada

Gravatar

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #4: August 26, 2008, 03:05:07 pm »

Regardless of what you do, that neighbourhood is still going to be outside your door, assuming that you don't find the funds to move.  If you're having trouble moving, do you think your neighbours will find it easier to move?

Some neighborhoods are better  than others in reality. Our neighbours next door work and can move, they talked about moving before but put if off for whatever reason. They do have the financial ability to move.

The daughter is very rebellious and associates with some bad people.

The other family a few doors down also works, her and her boyfriend. The woman was supposed to go buy a house. When that would happen I'd like to know?

Anyway, time will tell. These people have had complaints against them as well from the other neighbors .

I'm praying for a successful outcome!

Journey
Adept Member
Last Login:February 13, 2010, 04:43:29 pm
United States United States

Religion: None

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #5: August 26, 2008, 08:05:52 pm »

I very much want to move away from my neighborhood as I feel very stressed out concerning bad neighbors and unwelcome people walking by my house.
The neighbors swear and do drugs and I have reported them to the police for noise disturbances.
I am afraid to walk out of my door daily, wondering about my safety and the safety of my cats..
I would like for the individuals to move away, and I wouldn't mind having the financial independance as well to relocate where I would feel at peace and safer!
Has anyone had similar problems in their neighborhood as well?
I thank you very much for your input and help!
regards, Beth Grin

I am so sorry you are in this situation.   Sad    I have used salt as protection around my home before. I put it across the door steps and on window ledges. (If anyone asks what you are doing, say it is too keep snails or ants away)

I lived in a rather tough neighborhood before. One thing you should do, is walk confidently out your door. If you act scared, you appear more victim-like. Don't go out of your way to be friendly with the undesirables, but don't run everytime one passes by either. You should make sure to keep your doors and windows locked at all times. Keep a porch light on at night. If you have a car, do not leave it unlocked or leave valuables (wallet, jewelry) inside.  Make sure that your house cannot be seen into at night, especially if you are home alone. I wouldn't worry about your cats too much unless they get into your neighbors yards and do destructive things that would irritate the neighbors, in which case it might be better to keep them indoors most of the time.  If you are gone at night, you can get a light timer (not expensive at all) that will turn indoor lights or a radio on while you are gone to make it appear that someone is home.

Sending prayers of protection

((((Beth))))

Chanah
Senior Newbie
Last Login:August 27, 2008, 01:07:41 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: Brit Trad Witchcraft

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #6: August 27, 2008, 08:37:45 am »

How do you mix the holy water and what do you say while using it to help your house and property feel safer?

Hi Beth - I grew up Jewish. I know something about Catholic theology and praxis, but I would feel hugely uncomfortable adding to or even using their holy water, because I do respect Catholic tradition and it's not mine by any right. BUT - I found a nice house blessing page for Catholics, which, technically is for a new house, but could probably be used in your situtation with a little modification - and it uses holy water. I'm fairly certain you could do a double-bless with the salt without disrupting the meaning of the blessing, and keeping it meaningful to the tradition in which you worship.

http://www.stcharleschurch.org/faith/prayer/houseblessing.htm

As to me - it'd be nice to move house, except I don't know where to. I live in a co-op, and to move to someplace here that isn't co-op would be insane - everything that isn't co-op is getting turned into condominiums that even rich people are hard-put to afford. $800k seems to be the going rate for a new one-bedroom flat, nice, but not luxury. Dream on.

But I've lucked out once or twice before, so I'm keeping an eye out. Nothing like that would turn up, but something else might.

I'm also a firm believer in house cleaning to get rid of residual nastiness.

Best with it.

Beth libby
Senior Apprentice
Canada Canada

Gravatar

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #7: August 27, 2008, 10:14:21 am »

Hi Beth - I grew up Jewish. I know something about Catholic theology and praxis, but I would feel hugely uncomfortable adding to or even using their holy water, because I do respect Catholic tradition and it's not mine by any right. BUT - I found a nice house blessing page for Catholics, which, technically is for a new house, but could probably be used in your situtation with a little modification - and it uses holy water. I'm fairly certain you could do a double-bless with the salt without disrupting the meaning of the blessing, and keeping it meaningful to the tradition in which you worship.

http://www.stcharleschurch.org/faith/prayer/houseblessing.htm

As to me - it'd be nice to move house, except I don't know where to. I live in a co-op, and to move to someplace here that isn't co-op would be insane - everything that isn't co-op is getting turned into condominiums that even rich people are hard-put to afford. $800k seems to be the going rate for a new one-bedroom flat, nice, but not luxury. Dream on.

But I've lucked out once or twice before, so I'm keeping an eye out. Nothing like that would turn up, but something else might.

I'm also a firm believer in house cleaning to get rid of residual nastiness.

Best with it.

Good morning,

It's pouring rain today. We live in a co-op as well, it's a condominum, and we've lived here over 25 years. Way too long! I definitely need and want to move..
We have seen alot of people move in and out of   the condominiums, townhouses. Good and bad people.

Thank you for the St. Charles church prayers to use with holy water.

I'm looking for a new job too, I'll feel better when I obtain one.

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)