The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
April 22, 2021, 07:37:14 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 22, 2021, 07:37:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Car Protection Spell Help, Please!  (Read 8233 times)
Juniper
Adept Member
Last Login:January 06, 2011, 05:33:35 pm
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Religion: Hedgewitch with Neo-Wiccan leanings
TCN ID: Juniper

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Topic Start: August 26, 2008, 08:45:16 pm »

I am in need of some ideas for a spell in order to help prevent our car from becoming damaged. The road on which we live on is in pretty bad shape at the moment, and no matter how carefully and how slowly we drive, in the past three months we have had to buy three new tires! Each time the tire has had a rock embedded into it so deep that it was unable to be fixed, and we've had to buy new. Needless to say, it's becoming very expensive.

Could anybody help me out with some ideas for a spell to help prevent this from occuring yet again? I'm racking my brain trying to think of something, but so far haven't come up with anything. Typically my spell-casting has more to do with banishment and protection for the home and family.

So, any ideas?

'How she longed for winter then!-
Scrupulously austere in its order
Of white and black
Ice and rock; each sentiment within border,
And heart's frosty discipline
Exact as a snowflake'
~Sylvia Plath

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Juniper
Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #1: August 26, 2008, 09:18:51 pm »

Maybe I should have posted this in the 101 folder?

Of white and black
Exact as a snowflake'
~Sylvia Plath
RandallS
Co-Host
Administrator
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:October 30, 2020, 08:18:05 am
United States United States

Religion: Hellenic Pagan
TCN ID: ADMIN

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #2: August 26, 2008, 09:24:34 pm »

Maybe I should have posted this in the 101 folder?

Moved

Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog - Forum] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host
Juniper
Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #3: August 26, 2008, 09:27:09 pm »

Moved

Thanks, Randall.

Of white and black
Exact as a snowflake'
~Sylvia Plath
Brinaerin
Last Login:April 28, 2010, 05:45:26 pm

Religion: Pagan

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #4: August 26, 2008, 10:04:48 pm »

The road on which we live on is in pretty bad shape at the moment, and no matter how carefully and how slowly we drive, in the past three months we have had to buy three new tires! Each time the tire has had a rock embedded into it so deep that it was unable to be fixed, and we've had to buy new. Needless to say, it's becoming very expensive.

So, any ideas?

At the risk of sounding mundane.  Have you looked into getting thicker tires?
Dragondaughter
Adept Member
Last Login:November 18, 2011, 01:40:56 am

Religion: Work in progress, seasoned with insanity..

How do I get there from here?

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #5: August 26, 2008, 10:56:33 pm »

I am in need of some ideas for a spell in order to help prevent our car from becoming damaged. The road on which we live on is in pretty bad shape at the moment, and no matter how carefully and how slowly we drive, in the past three months we have had to buy three new tires! Each time the tire has had a rock embedded into it so deep that it was unable to be fixed, and we've had to buy new. Needless to say, it's becoming very expensive.

Could anybody help me out with some ideas for a spell to help prevent this from occuring yet again? I'm racking my brain trying to think of something, but so far haven't come up with anything. Typically my spell-casting has more to do with banishment and protection for the home and family.

So, any ideas?

If it were me, I'd go complain at the city/county road department, with the reciepts for the new tires. Also see if the place you took them to get fixed would write a letter or sign something that says what happened. *Shrug* Not that many public offices have much sympathy, but maybe if you and others who live on your road complain, something will get done about it. Take pictures of the next time it happens, so that you have proof instead of having a 'she said/he said' thing going on. Then if you don't get the answers you want or like, then maybe go to the state road department.

Sorry that's about the only advice I have. I don't know of any spells that would help, unless they can move rock.  Cheesy

Practicing...? No, experiencing Spiritual ADD for 20+ years...yeah that's it... sigh. Wink

"To understand the things that are at our door is the best preparation for understanding those things that lie beyond." Hypatia of Alexandria
Dragondaughter
Adept Member
Last Login:November 18, 2011, 01:40:56 am

Religion: Work in progress, seasoned with insanity..

How do I get there from here?

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #6: August 26, 2008, 11:03:11 pm »

Unfortunately the only thing that would be thicker is the lugs of the tread. The actual base of the tire (from the inside plys to where they put the tread rubber on, which is about 3/8 of an inch at the most) is basically the same thickness no matter what type of tread you get. For example, a mud tire and a high performance tire are really close to the same thickness from the deepest part of the tread to the inner plys, so the only gain you would get from the mud tires in this situation, is more rocks stuck in the tread to go through the inner tire.

*Sigh.....*This is what I get for having an ex who worked in a tire store for 10 years while we were together.  Roll Eyes

Practicing...? No, experiencing Spiritual ADD for 20+ years...yeah that's it... sigh. Wink

"To understand the things that are at our door is the best preparation for understanding those things that lie beyond." Hypatia of Alexandria
rose
High Adept Member
Last Login:September 01, 2011, 10:16:28 pm

Religion: Shakti Wiccan with Reclaiming leanings
TCN ID: rose

Blog entries (0)

rose shannon

Ignore
« Reply #7: August 26, 2008, 11:15:52 pm »

So, any ideas?

ground your car each and every time you drive-visualize a grounding cord in the four corners of the car, connecting in the center of the roof, and then going through the car into the earth.

Charm your car. protective herbs, rosemary and sage and salt, clear quartz for amplification, and any other protective stone tht sounds good to you; garnet comes to mind, for some reason. Put everything in a white linen charm bag with gold or red thread (that's how I usually make protection charms, anyway) and charge it up. Do whatever protective ritual seems good to you-write your specific protection request, or sing or chant it into the charm bag, or whatever sounds good-if you want specific ideas, I will be happy to give some more, I am sure lots of of other folks here will as well.  Hang it from the rearview mirror. And act in accord, as others have suggested.

Goddess grant me:
  The power of Water,
  to accept with ease & grace what I cannot change.

The power of Fire,
  for the energy & courage to change the things I can.

The power of Air,
  for the ability and wisdom to know the difference.

And the power of Earth,
  for the strength to continue my path.

http://rosejayadal.blogspot.com/
Juniper
Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #8: August 26, 2008, 11:24:09 pm »

Lol, sometimes the mundane works better than the magical  Smiley  And yes we have pretty thick tires; I'm no tire expect but my husband is a car mechanic so I trust that he thinks of these things.

Of white and black
Exact as a snowflake'
~Sylvia Plath
Juniper
Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #9: August 26, 2008, 11:27:01 pm »

If it were me, I'd go complain at the city/county road department, with the reciepts for the new tires. Also see if the place you took them to get fixed would write a letter or sign something that says what happened. *Shrug* Not that many public offices have much sympathy, but maybe if you and others who live on your road complain, something will get done about it. Take pictures of the next time it happens, so that you have proof instead of having a 'she said/he said' thing going on. Then if you don't get the answers you want or like, then maybe go to the state road department.

Letters have been written by the majority of people who live on this road (and it's a very long road) to the county road department. Every once in a while they make a show of coming to fix it and then fill in just one pot hole and we don't see them again for months. That's a good idea about getting the tire place to write a letter though...hmm...

Of white and black
Exact as a snowflake'
~Sylvia Plath
Juniper
Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #10: August 26, 2008, 11:28:28 pm »

I like the idea of the charm bag- thanks, rose!

Of white and black
Exact as a snowflake'
~Sylvia Plath
Go
Journeyman
Last Login:May 30, 2011, 10:32:23 pm

Religion: A Process

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #11: August 28, 2008, 05:29:55 pm »

So, any ideas?

Have you considered working a honey jar or some other type of sweetening spell on the road commission?  Try charming, or even compelling the people in charge into fixing the road and maybe you won't have to worry about fixing the car.

Measure twice, cut once, and buy extra material anyway.
Juniper
Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #12: August 28, 2008, 08:45:39 pm »

Have you considered working a honey jar or some other type of sweetening spell on the road commission?  Try charming, or even compelling the people in charge into fixing the road and maybe you won't have to worry about fixing the car.

Well, I don't usually like working magic on other people, but then again we are getting pretty desperate! As are most of the other people on this road.

Of white and black
Exact as a snowflake'
~Sylvia Plath
Cent
Master Member
Last Login:May 01, 2011, 05:10:44 pm
Canada Canada

Religion: Of the Earth

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #13: August 28, 2008, 09:10:40 pm »

I would go along this line myself. To correct the situation rather than a constant working and such to protect.

Well, I don't usually like working magic on other people, but then again we are getting pretty desperate! As are most of the other people on this road.

Perhaps direct the city body itself, to see the problem. Bring it to the surface for the job to be done.
Sounds like this affects many people, manifesting such a spell/working would be helping a lot of people as well.
A good thing for sure.

Energy Follows Attention
Juniper
Adept Member

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #14: August 28, 2008, 09:16:35 pm »

Perhaps direct the city body itself, to see the problem. Bring it to the surface for the job to be done.
Sounds like this affects many people, manifesting such a spell/working would be helping a lot of people as well.
A good thing for sure.

That's a good idea. That way I don't feel as though I'm directing it at one individual person. It would help a lot of people if the road were fixed. I'm surprised they haven't done it for the hospital's benefit- this is the main ambulance route between our two neighbouring towns!

Of white and black
Exact as a snowflake'
~Sylvia Plath

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)