The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
April 23, 2021, 01:42:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2021, 01:42:14 am

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Near Death Experiences  (Read 7108 times)
Melamphoros
Staff
Grand Adept Member
Last Login:March 28, 2015, 11:01:26 pm
United States United States

Religion: Informed Eclectic with Hellenic Overtones
TCN ID: Melamphoros

Kiss My Scythe

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #15: September 27, 2008, 08:35:37 am »

I think its something to do with, when you first wake up, the thinking/imagining part of the brain being active, while the part which allows you to control movement is still switched off.

Common hallucinations include a demon sitting on your chest, or someone/something standing at the foot of your bed watching you.

Someone else could probably explain what actually happens better...

I always thought it was when someone suddenly woke from REM sleep.  During REM sleep, the brain actually releases an enzyme that paralyzes the body.  That way, we don't try to live our dreams.

Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you will make a great sandwich.
My Spiritual Blog

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Journey
Adept Member
Last Login:February 13, 2010, 04:43:29 pm

Religion: None

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #16: September 27, 2008, 09:52:07 am »

Well, when I was giving birth to my daughter I almost died. The only thing of note about the whole deal was that I kept smelling flowers. Enough that I asked the nurse if they scented the O2 I was on. She looked at me like I gone nuts.  Cheesy But no tunnel of light or anything. Just flowers.

Was it a particular floral scent? Maybe one that had meaning to you, or was it just a general smell of flowers?
I am just curious as you are the only one who responded who actually may have had a near death experience.
leigh137
Journeyman
Last Login:February 05, 2009, 03:07:55 pm

Religion: Asatru

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #17: September 29, 2008, 12:00:47 pm »

Was it a particular floral scent? Maybe one that had meaning to you, or was it just a general smell of flowers?
I am just curious as you are the only one who responded who actually may have had a near death experience.

I actually smelled flox, which is one of my more favorite flowers, since it kind of smells like lilacs and roses all mixed together. I always wondered if it was a case of oxygen deporvation or something, since it was just so bizarre.

"You must have faith... That the universe will unfold as it should."
Journey
Adept Member
Last Login:February 13, 2010, 04:43:29 pm

Religion: None

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #18: September 30, 2008, 11:02:29 pm »

I actually smelled flox, which is one of my more favorite flowers, since it kind of smells like lilacs and roses all mixed together. I always wondered if it was a case of oxygen deporvation or something, since it was just so bizarre.

Wow. I don't know, if the reason is scientific or otherworldy, but it is amazing either way.

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)