The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum (Archive Board)
January 17, 2021, 09:01:51 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is our Read Only Archive Board (closed to posting July 2011). Join our new vBulletin board!

Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 17, 2021, 09:01:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Donate!
The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.
TC Staff
Important Information about this Archive Board
This message board is The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum's SMF Archive Board. It is closed to new memberships and to posting, but there are over 250,000 messages here that you can still search and read -- many full of interesting and useful information. (This board was open from February 2007 through June 2011).

Our new vBulletin discussion board is located at http://www.ecauldron.com/forum/ -- if you would like to participate in discussions like those you see here, please visit our new vBulletin message board, register an account and join in our discussions. We hope you will find the information in this message archive useful and will consider joining us on our new board.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: What are you doing on the Fall Equinox?  (Read 6536 times)
yewberry
Adept Member
Last Login:August 02, 2014, 04:15:33 pm
United States United States

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #15: September 18, 2008, 06:24:13 pm »

Just curious.

I'm having a whole bunch of Girl Scouts and their troop leader over to make cob.  Aside from serving hot apple cider and pumpkin bars, it's not going to be very "seasonal".  Wink

Brina

Welcome, Guest!
You will need to register and/or login to participate in our discussions.

Read our Rules and Policies and the Quoting Guidelines.

Help Fund Our Server? Donate to Lyricfox's Cancer Fund?

Alastriona
Senior Apprentice
Last Login:August 10, 2010, 10:40:53 pm

Religion: Pagan... currently following the Druid path with Wiccan influences

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #16: September 18, 2008, 07:41:57 pm »

What will you focus on and what are you planning to do? Are there any aspects in your personal life fitting to the actual seasonal celebration?

Me and my neighbor will be celebrating it together, and while our paths are slightly different, we still will share a ritual.  We plan to incorporate things from both of our paths into one ritual, along with each making a dish to eat, and as an offering (I plan on making salmon).  It is very cold though in October around here and many times we have snow by them, so I am hoping to have somewhat nice weather and not be run indoors.  Though, our children are 1 (5 and 4) year apart, so we plan on involving them by having them help cook our food after they've recovered from being out in the cold, sharing some of the food with them, then later in the evening after the kiddies are tucked into bed, her and I carry on with our celebration.

I am very excited about this year's celebration.  Although me and my friend have known each other for 14 years, we had been living quite far from one another and never got together for any seasonal celebrations, now we are neighbors again (both bought our parents houses).  I always did something small myself and that was that.  This year I can celebrate it in a much different way.  We have already started planning what we are going to do, so it's going to be interesting!

Oh and for those who said they love this time of year - I'm with ya!!  I love the smells of spice and the leaves on the trees.  The fresh autumn air always smells so sweet.  This year, especially over the summer, I have gotten a lot into methods of divination, and I am looking forward to seeing patterns in the leaves (as I have read many do!)
Figment99
Master Member
Last Login:September 30, 2011, 05:02:26 pm

Religion: Pagan with Green and Kitchen Witch leanings

I'm trying to bloom

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #17: September 19, 2008, 05:59:37 pm »

What will you focus on and what are you planning to do? Are there any aspects in your personal life fitting to the actual seasonal celebration?
Well, I plan on cooking a nice meal with as many fixings as I can manage, I have to get most of my groceries 2 hours away from my home because I live in Houston and we don't have a ton stuff yet.

I also want to do some sort of small ritual of thanks. After the hurricane season we have had this year, I am more thankful than ever, it could have been a lot worse.... and the season isn't even over yet. I will definitely give a food offering and I have already decorated my home and altar in fall colors with dried leaves, nuts, pumpkins, and other traditional items.

I am also getting my potted garden ready for the fall by pruning, cutting and drying herbs, feeding them and getting them ready for the darker months.. it won't be cold here for some time so I don't have to worry about that yet.

If I do have some extra time I would like to make the Equinox extra special somehow, but I don't really know what I will do or can do. After everything I have gotten through with this year and after everything my area has gone through I feel like doing something special. I know I am going to go all out for Halloween/Samhain, I may just have to wait til then.

True Greatness Shows Great Kindness

A Pagan Egroup -> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TheInnerSanctuary/ <-Feel free to join
Darkhawk
Chief Mux Wizard
Staff
Adept Member
Last Login:January 20, 2020, 08:24:45 pm

Religion: Kemetic Feri Discordian

Blog entries (0)

« Reply #18: September 20, 2008, 01:41:03 pm »

The equinox doesn't figure into my path.  On that day I will be in school and that evening I will probably either be on here, doing homework, watching TV/a movie or some combination of the above.

Hah, yeah.  I have a dentist's appointment. :}

Jorgath
Master Member
Last Login:March 31, 2010, 12:47:37 pm

Religion: Walker of the Silver Paths (Eclectic panentheistic path)

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #19: September 20, 2008, 03:42:54 pm »

Just curious.

I'd like to go to a panpagan celebration, but I haven't found yet any in my region. (I'm working on getting better connected at the moment.) So as I'll most likely be celebrating solitary I'm thinking of spending some time outside if the weather is fine and having a short informal 'ritual' (if you can call it that) or meditation. Most likely I'll collect a lot of autumn decoration outside (leaves, maroons...). Also I'm thinking of cooking a meal with seasonal stuff to celebrate the harvest.

One issue is that as I've just started a new job in a new city somehow the theme of autumn & harvest doesn't really fit into my personal life phase at the moment. I feel like Imbolc would fit much better right now.  Cheesy

I've been invited to a nearby ADF celebration, and I'm probably going to go (barring Murphy's Law manifesting too strongly).  Also, my college group is going to try to have a bonfire celebration on Thursday during our usual meeting time.

"There are some who call me...Tim."
-Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

Walker of the Silver Paths

Live, love, and laugh.
mandrina
High Adept Member
Last Login:August 13, 2013, 11:51:25 pm

Religion: Reclaiming practice, still trying to identify diety, but have some ideas

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #20: September 20, 2008, 06:10:15 pm »

Just curious.

I'd like to go to a panpagan celebration, but I haven't found yet any in my region. (I'm working on getting better connected at the moment.) So as I'll most likely be celebrating solitary I'm thinking of spending some time outside if the weather is fine and having a short informal 'ritual' (if you can call it that) or meditation. Most likely I'll collect a lot of autumn decoration outside (leaves, maroons...). Also I'm thinking of cooking a meal with seasonal stuff to celebrate the harvest.

One issue is that as I've just started a new job in a new city somehow the theme of autumn & harvest doesn't really fit into my personal life phase at the moment. I feel like Imbolc would fit much better right now.  Cheesy

sleeping, as I work sun night, then making dinner as harvesty as I can manage with sleeping during the day, then making sure my husband appreciates the benefits of a fertility religion, then on next sat, we'll have our women's group ritual.

"I've got a bad feeling about this."

every good guy in any of the Star Wars movies.

[url=http://dragcave.net/vi
rose
High Adept Member
Last Login:September 01, 2011, 10:16:28 pm

Religion: Shakti Wiccan with Reclaiming leanings
TCN ID: rose

Blog entries (0)

rose shannon

Ignore
« Reply #21: September 20, 2008, 07:09:47 pm »

then making sure my husband appreciates the benefits of a fertility religion,

lol...yes, that's a very important aspect of so many witchy holidays . We definitely have a lot more fun:D

Goddess grant me:
  The power of Water,
  to accept with ease & grace what I cannot change.

The power of Fire,
  for the energy & courage to change the things I can.

The power of Air,
  for the ability and wisdom to know the difference.

And the power of Earth,
  for the strength to continue my path.

http://rosejayadal.blogspot.com/
misskatie
Apprentice
Last Login:February 22, 2009, 10:31:04 pm

Religion: Learning the Science of Witchcraft

I can be me without them...

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #22: September 21, 2008, 11:10:01 am »

Just curious.

I'm keeping it simple. My friend and I are going for a walk in the woods, and then we will go back to my house, light 2 candles, and then have a glass of wine. Not extravagant at all but still very meaningful.

Look now how the mortals are blaming the gods, for they say that evils come from us, but in fact they themselves have woes beyond their share because of their own follies.--Homer, The Odyssey
Waldfrau
High Adept Member
Last Login:January 02, 2013, 06:41:55 pm
Germany Germany

Religion: polytheistic witch leaning towards Reclaiming
TCN ID: Waldfrau

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #23: September 22, 2008, 07:57:28 am »

To all:
Thanks for your answers! If you're done with the celebration now, how has it been?

I was visiting a little ancient pagan site with a few others I met at a Pagan moot.

Perhaps you could look at your new job and city etc. as the natural harvest of your academic season?  The next few months are for appreciating and securing what you've been learning (like canning and preserving, -g), leaving Imbolc for the actual beginnings of the 'new you', the confident professional.
That's a nice angle to look at it. Thanks. Smiley

My blog: http://waldhexe.wordpress.com/ (English and German entries)
Waldfrau
High Adept Member
Last Login:January 02, 2013, 06:41:55 pm
Germany Germany

Religion: polytheistic witch leaning towards Reclaiming
TCN ID: Waldfrau

Blog entries (2)

Ignore
« Reply #24: September 22, 2008, 08:00:06 am »

you might check the Reclaiming website, b/c I know they are pretty active in Germany, although whether they are in your neck of the woods I don't know. They always have really fun public celebrations, I will probably go to the one here next saturday.
Thanks for the suggestion. There seems to be some Reclaiming around my area. They don't seem to have public celebrations though. But maybe I'll find out more about them at some point.

My blog: http://waldhexe.wordpress.com/ (English and German entries)
Jenett
High Adept Member
Last Login:February 23, 2020, 06:56:44 pm

Religion: Priestess in initiatory religious witchcraft tradition

Blog entries (1)

Ignore
« Reply #25: September 23, 2008, 03:17:48 pm »

[/b]
Thanks for your answers! If you're done with the celebration now, how has it been?

Absolutely fabulous: we started at 10:30 on Sunday morning, and I left just before 10 that night. Everything went smoothly, and we ended up with a wonderful social gathering in the evening (with a bunch of deep theological debate, which is my idea of a good time.)

Also, much good food and some amazing mead. And extravegent amounts of chocolate.

Blog: Thoughts from a threshold: http://gleewood.org/threshold
Info for seekers: http://gleewood.org/seeking
Pagan books and resources: http://gleewood.org/books
Garnet
Adept Member
Last Login:November 01, 2015, 10:19:49 pm

Religion: Departmental; Eclectic/NeoWiccan, Feri/Morningstar Student, Thelemite

My path is an omelet

Blog entries (0)

Ignore
« Reply #26: September 25, 2008, 09:43:25 pm »

Ours was good.  Once my friend and the Pea-Hater and I got together, we ended up changing the ritual plan, although kept to the basic idea of harvest.  (And cider.)  I also realized that in my area of the world, the fall is also a time to plant - specifically, to plant bulbs.  This fits for me - I feel like stuff is beginning too, and I want to "dig deep".

And then we had a harvest feast afterwards with cheese and apples and corn nuts and such.  Smiley

Donor Ad: Become a Silver or Gold Donor to get your ad here.

Tags:
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  
  Portal   Forum   Help Rules Search Chat (Mux) Articles Login Register   *

* Share this topic...
In a forum
(BBCode)
In a site/blog
(HTML)